Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

**± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** (927 Views)

**+the Kings Tourney 2015+** Jigsawkillah Vs Oluwagrin / The Kings Tourney 2015 Group Stage / ■■■■■the Kings Tourney Sign-up Thread 2015■■■■■ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

**± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by sinizia: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Jason21 vs. St3v3nr3x.

Topic: HipHop Is Dead.
Here, I want you both to be poetic about rappers like Rakim, Kool G and co that redefined HipHop and make Rap genre a worldwide accepted culture and how wackazz rappers like 2chainz, Souljaboy and Young Thug are busy killing the game with their wack bars.

Criteria:
Creativity - 2 points

Rhymes - 2 points

Flow - 1 point

Consistency on Topic - 3 points

Imagery (depending on topic) - 2 points

Rules:
No recycling, biting, complaining, whining, swaying, free-
posting or bytching.

10 bars Maximum = 20 Total Lines.

Due Date: Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015.

Time: 6:00PM

Good Luck!!!
Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by Jason21(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
check
Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
where una dey?

Pls don't do 'no show'
Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=barume post=40622762][/quote]

Your fada
Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by Jason21(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
there's a talk of this lady/ with the thoughts of a baby/ she flaunted with hades/
...and thought it was crazy/ today she still lives.. but not as she was in the eighties/
she suffers from a broken heart/ alone in her unspoken dark/ …..her growin scars/
........have gradually decayed with time/ her agony is a painful sight/
in silence, she wails and cries/ (she needs a doctor!)….. she can pay the price/
but not even Dre can save her life/ too bad a way to die/
her memories have gone black and dim/ as she barely recalls real mcs like pac and big/ kool g rap, rakim/
and other vets who can rap with skill/…… her life ……once placed at the hill/ has crashed faster than jack and jill/
then she used to have a sit/….. of a music goddess on throne/ drinkin from goblets of gold/
she inspired wisdom like the prophets of old/
she taught skilled men to become attackers/ ….graced with dauntless glamour/
adorned with armours/ they fought like Spartans/…..pen for sword, tongue for daggers/
we called em rappers!/ her art was made for beauty/
….to describe man’s pains and his duties/ till the likes of 2chainz, Wayne and Gucci/
came to use her for gains and for goodies/ or chains, blings and booties/
..... they raped and had her rendered spineless/ decked her neck with diamonds/ and made her an object of sex and violence/
even her protest was silenced/ as she looks back to the crew that she ran with/ many of whom are not standin/
some dead…others still around but not doin a damn thing/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by st3v3nr3x(m): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
Damn...sowie am late
Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by st3v3nr3x(m): 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Shittt I swr it wasn't intentional my ba3 died .....was online in d afternoon u guys shld ve specified d tym. Xo wat happens now?...lyk can I still drop?
Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by st3v3nr3x(m): 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hip hop z dead| y?...probably Cuz derez notin left to b said/ or cuz niggas dz days re talking abt all d money dey made/ pussy niggas dey all wanna gt laid/ dey disrespect dz culture, hip hop nw commercial rapers wanna gt paid/

Now all we hear z gun talk/ tech 9s nd 40's gat me going bald lyk avatar....are dz niggas war lords..?/ skinny jeans gat dere ass out lyk dey wanna gt butt bleeped/ i hear 2chainz verse nd b lyk rip hiphop/

I miss hearing dat strit shit/ niggas claim dey scoring BT not even in d damn pitch/ dey ida biting or copying styles.. grown necks lyk ostrich/ I hear rappers nd b lyk stfu u damn b'itch!!!|/

On a black attitude lyk am in hiphops funeral/ stupid moda4ckas made d game commercial/ no real chainz or barz, lyk boobs nd ass everything artificial/ on d bright side hip hop z probably in heaven....hallelujah/

.its me myself nd I, 3 headed lyk am Cerberus/. Hip hop flow in my veins ..go on ur knees nd bow for us/ nxt of kin..only few niggas left we dangerous/ Holy me !!..watch as I bring d rap game back lyk Lazarus..../

. I spik only d truth/ tinx u not ment to hear lyk d forbidden fruit/, we killed hip hop ourselfs 9ja z a proof/

ashes to ashes wit still burning d coal. Strictly infinitely hope u feeling d flow, tho u died hip hop am Neva let in u go/....d only motivation we have at achieving our goal/..........5 sec silence to hip hop ...u forever in our soul../...Rip !!!

Sowie guys
Raw freestyle version no time to arrange

1 Like

Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by sinizia: 7:54am On Dec 03, 2015
Thread opened for votes:
Kr0ne
Emaprince
Ibime
Airmark
Mikuz
Guykhena
Obesemf
007bruce
Elymaxiimus
Grayline
Ksslib
Adanna28
Raplinx
Funlord

1 Like

Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by kr0ne(m): 8:09am On Dec 03, 2015
Creativity - 2 points - Jason

Rhymes - 2 points - Jason

Flow - 1 point - Tie

Consistency on Topic - 3 points - NiL

Imagery - NiL

Explanation: Simply disappointed!

Mvgt - Jason

1 Like

Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by Emaprince: 8:19am On Dec 03, 2015
MVGT - jason21

A brilliant verse he had. The suspense was amazing. You really need to pay attention to every words in order not to fall off track. Nice angle, my nigga.

Stevenrex did ok. Straight to the point, but, the abbreviations are an eye sore to me. Nice showing up though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by funlord(m): 9:23am On Dec 03, 2015
cool

MVGT: jason21

Best graph:

"they raped and had her rendered spineless/
decked her neck with diamonds (p.diddy and bad boy them) / and made her an object of sex and violence/ even her protest was silenced (public enemy I'm sure?)"

These type of bars are what the essence of hip hop poetry are about, your closer could have been epic but it seems you were affected by the "w block"!

As for St3v3nr3x? What's up with the abbreviations? It made your poem look as confusing as your moniker and it also felt disconnected ! All these your excuses sef na wa! Haba bros!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by ELYMAXiimus(m): 9:46am On Dec 03, 2015
MVGT = jason21

@st3v3nr3, i stopped reading your verse half-way - i no fit con dey give myself headache just because i'm reading a verse - i need my head intact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 03, 2015
Creativity- 2 points- Jason

Rhymes - 2 points - Jason

Flow - 1 point - Tie

Consistency on Topic - 3 points - Jason ( Though came close to Tie)

Imagery - Jason

Explanation:
I like the creativity in Jason Verse, only problem I had with it, was how long it took to get to mentioning Rakim, kool g rap etc.

It good to be poetic but too much prolonging in the buildup can easily lose the essence in the topic.
Besides that, Jason was more consistent with his story telling than stevenrex.

Stevenrex repeating words like Hiphop and commercial continuously throughout your verse does not mean you are on point with the topic.

In saying that you did have some rhymes in there dear, you were straight to the point, but lacked creativity, it felt more like you were in a debate with yourself.

I lost you a few times too stevenrex, work more on your content dear, you are quick to the punch, work on the buildup and keeping it relevant to the topic.

Mvgt - Jason

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by sinizia: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
MGVT: Jason21

And Jason21 progresses to the next round on the back of an astounding flawless victory. Congrats.

St3v3nr3x, your text-typing was mainly your downfall. You can do better than this though. Let your mistakes be a building block for future success. Looking forward to seeing an improved you. smiley

2 Likes

Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by Raplinx(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Jason was on point like Decimal numbers! He killed it poetically!!, while St33rrtryrf?7qvse?0lppq3p was busy freestyling, i even stopped half way!
All criteria = Jason
mvgt: Jason
Re: **± The Kings Of Poet Tourney - Jason21 Vs. St3v3nr3x ±** by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 05, 2015
st3v3nr3x (There is a difference between conscious rap and poetry rap) .

Congrats to Jason21

(1) (Reply)

Blackbrood - Nl's Very Own Awards / Rap Killers.... 16_BARS. Drop Here If You Are Cradle Enough / A Call Out-/-/-/-/-/->) Sauron Vs Baudex (<-/-/-/-/-/-<:]))))))<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.