Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,226 members, 7,807,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} (101854 Views)

10 Breathtaking And Beautifully Captured Wildlife Photographs / The Lion Killed In Jos Was Used As Meat (see Pic Of Men Cutting It) / Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by elmajor(m): 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nigeria way of doing things is completely different. There should have security in the park to respond promptly in a case like this. Were they thinking sth like this would not happen? What I'm trying to say is the lion shouldn't have been killed. They could have just tranquilised the lion. See a massive animal just wasted.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by qotaqa: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
airprince1:

Na end time zoo
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by ideatoprince18(m): 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
airprince1:

Ure so crazy... U can go and raise a wild animal in ur hauz lets measure ur life span..

It seems ure born of animal dat's y ure posting dis rubbish here.
slowpoke, escapee, dat's what you're
...bro ....
.MUST U B STEWPID IN PUBLIC!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by ValerianSteel(m): 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
Who sanctioned the search party to carry life bullets? Or was the Lion hacked to death?

What happened to tranquilizers?

This is very unethical for a wild life protection park to kill a run-away Lion.

It shows there's cruelty and injustice towards animals not just by the Nigerian populace but also by those meant to protect the animals.

Except the Lion was killed by locals,there's no excuse for the Lion's death.This is why a sensitization/awareness/indoctrination/orientation,please name it needs to carried out on millions of Nigerians that kill animals senselessly daily.

Let's stop endangering our beautiful wildlife.It Kenya and Tanzania kill all the Lions they have,will NatGeo or AnimalPlanet have anything to report on them undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
Be like de lion escaped to fight terrorist our own army cudnt fight
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by AJCity86(m): 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
If we had tamed boko haram the way we tamed that Leo, Nigeria would have been one of the most peaceful country in the world now.
But I strongly bliv there r more to boko haram than visible to naked eyes...
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by inimitkel(m): 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
So they didn't have tranquilizer darts? Rubbish. Such a majestic creature wasted because they didn't have a plan. Where did you get this photo, though?
Update: details added to first post.
So much love for animals! wink
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by macho44(m): 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Evaromantik(m): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hmmmm........the lion that escaped from the ZOO's ZOO killed??.........anywhere,check my signature for aid to the youths of Salary payment
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Ijaya123: 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Even more

Lions don't live up to 43 years. The longest is between 20 to 25 years.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by qotaqa: 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
delors:

Was about to say the same until I read the part that it was about to attack one of the guys...even with a tranquilizing dart, it would v killed the guy before the tranquilizers would work on it.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by buchilino(m): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
THOUGH I WOULDN'T LIKE ANYONE 2 BE KILLED BY DIS ANIMAL, BUT SEEING HOW IT WAS KILLED MAKES ME FEEL SAD

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by sam90s(m): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
steffans:

http://ynaija.com/escapee-lion-killed-in-jos/
This piece is like 2 sentences being repeated.
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ijaya123:

Lions don't live up to 43 years. The longest is between 20 to 25 years.
Bro.... You need to watch Natgeowild more....
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by buchilino(m): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
ideatoprince18:
...bro ....

DON'T WASTE TIME CHATTING WITH SUCH PEOPLE, COS EVERYDAY I C Y D WORLD CALLS D DARK CONTINENT

2 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by GeoOla25(m): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
End time killer
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by onatisi(m): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Who sanctioned the search party to carry life bullets? Or was the Lion hacked to death?

What happened to tranquilizers?

This is very unethical for a wild life protection park to kill a run-away Lion.

It shows there's cruelty and injustice towards animals not just by the Nigerian populace but also by those meant to protect the animals.

Except the Lion was killed by locals,there's no excuse for the Lion's death.This is why a sensitization/awareness/indoctrination/orientation,please name it needs to carried out on millions of Nigerians that kill animals senselessly daily.

Let's stop endangering our beautiful wildlife.It Kenya and Tanzania kill all the Lions they have,will NatGeo or AnimalPlanet have anything to report on them undecided

you are on a long thing. You don't know Nigerians ,they will kill anything killable

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
So, that is the 43 year old lion? It looks like a 3 - 8 year old lion.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by belac: 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
RUBBISH! They wasted the life of this lion just because of their lack plan

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by OnojaSam(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
On top of this terrific economic situation, which is a lion itself, a physical lion is confronting d citizenry again?
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by PHATE007(f): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
onatisi:
Nigerians are funny. Nigerians don't even value the life of their fellow Nigerians how can they then value the life of an animal
true dear... We need to change our mindset.. If not, things aren't going to b CHANGING anytime soon

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Victosin09(f): 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hmm not too good.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by gmacnoms(m): 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sijo01:
I felt for the lion when I saw it on NTA news earlier. Too bad.
NTA still exists
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by mustybobo(m): 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nawa o...imagine a zoo without a single tranquillizer gun!!! D MD shud b withrawn frm ofix asap...

2 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by nightmile: 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
UnknownT:
As in, dont they have tranquilizer darts instead of killing it? Thats how JTF are firing life bullets at protesters. I know the lion will be eaten. Welcome to Nigeria, where any animal killed must be roasted and eaten. I HEREBY CROWN THE PERSON THAT TOOK THE SHOT THAT KILLED THE LION, "OGBUAGU I OF JOS"

A very precious animal just wasted like that... Only in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by torqque7(m): 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Majestic creature? Until it eat you or your little ones. Just like that majestic dog somewhere in Lagos that chew a little boy skull for lunch. The OP didn't post the entire details, we don't know if the lion was hostile to the community. You don't show love to animals that want to eat you. And before you start with the "Africa are local" stuff, This is Russia shooting dead a bear that wandered into a shopping mall. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34535577
And yea it wasn't with tranquilizer, They should have used the tranquilizer and wait for the bear to have a nice sleep while chewing on a policeman head like lollipop.
The are two different scenarios pls..do you know how difficult it would be to get another lion here?besides it was not in the mall like the bear so its not like there were people all around for it to attack..a bear is not a big deal in a place like Russia,but where will we easily get a replacement for the lion in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
ideatoprince18:
...bro ....

My friend, I stand a better chance of saying that ure so so stupid in public.

Human being born of animal, u can keep a tranquilizer in ur hauz for wild animals u called pets in ur zoo hauz, so dat any time they escape, u can use dat on dem instead of suggesting dat here to us
Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by ogrin(m): 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Majestic creature? Until it eat you or your little ones. Just like that majestic dog somewhere in Lagos that chew a little boy skull for lunch. The OP didn't post the entire details, we don't know if the lion was hostile to the community. You don't show love to animals that want to eat you. And before you start with the "Africa are local" stuff, This is Russia shooting dead a bear that wandered into a shopping mall. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34535577
And yea it wasn't with tranquilizer, They should have used the tranquilizer and wait for the bear to have a nice sleep while chewing on a policeman head like lollipop.

You don't need to correct someone's post by using the first two/three lines to launch an attack on him. Sincerely it is just needless saying whether the Lion has to devour him or his little ones. Seun has a point there, and you also has stated your points clearly. lets learn to treat one another with respect.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by SavageGarden(m): 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
So they didn't have tranquilizer darts? Rubbish. Such a majestic creature wasted because they didn't have a plan. Where did you get this photo, though?

God bless you. how can a zoo not have tranquilizer.This man should be arrested. When will things be done the right way in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by ogrin(m): 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
Idrismusty97:

You don't need to correct someone's post by using the first two/three lines to launch an attack on him. Sincerely it is just needless saying whether the Lion has to devour him or his little ones. Seun has a point there, and you also has stated your points clearly. lets learn to treat one another with respect.

1 Like

Re: Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} by Pecca: 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
Seun:
your train of thoughts reflects mine...and NAT GEO WILD is my best channel. NAIJERIA?!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It / Earthquake In Abuja? - Now Happening! / Snake Refuses To Come Out After Man Swallowed It During Magic Stunt. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.