Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,488 members, 7,770,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:10 AM

Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? (1421 Views)

For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose / 'You Will Die Before Mr President' Written On A Car In Abuja (Photo) / My Little Prophesy For Nigeria ... Wait For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by oweniwe(m): 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
Can you imagine how many people have died as a result of the bad state of the Benin-Ore road before Goodluck Jonathan fixed part of the road?..... Now we no longer hear any news of accidents on Benin-Ore road anymore.... Assuming the road had not been reconstructed, how many more people and properties would the road have destroyed? Lagos- Ibadan Expressway is still "eating" lives.... Instead of accelerating work on the road, they stopped all work... How many more people will die on that road before they fix it up? angry angry angry

Dangote trucks have been causing accidents that have killed over a thousand people... yet the government hasn't done anything about it.... How many more people are Dangote trucks going to kill before the government grounds the company's fleet and fine the company heavily like they did MTN? angry angry angry angry

Nigeria did nothing serious about Boko Haram until they started annexing whole Local Governments... Boko Haram bombed a procession of Sunni Moslems in Kano which resulted in the death of over 20 people... Nigeria just moved on as if nothing happened... Is the FG waiting for Sunni and Shite Moslems to start fighting as in Iraq before they wake up? shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed

Fulani Militia has been killing people in the Middle belt, yet nothing has been done about it.

Why does Nigeria wait for thousands of its citizens to die horrible deaths first before the relevant authorities mobilize to stop the carnage? cry

These Biafran protests is a potential bomb that can kill thousands of people... The people are only asking for their leader to released ... The courts have ordered his release.... Yet the government is adamant on keeping him detained.... Some unharmed protesters have been shot dead my by the military... doesn't Nigeria know where to buy rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse the protesters? Why use live bullets on unharmed people who are simply demanding the release of their son? .... Now they have started burning mosques.... Is it until riots and retaliatory riots break out before and thousands of people are killed before the Government will release Nnamdi Kanu..??... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Or they want him to die in DSS custody and riots break out before they release him? How many people will die before they obey a simple court order...??...

Other countries take proactive measures to protect their citizens from danger... If one American, Russian or Isreali citizen is kidnapped anywhere in the world, they will mobilize special forces to rescue the citizen immediately... But in Nigerian and you are kidnapped by miscreants demanding ransom.... Even if you get killed in the process (France retaliated ISIS attack), be rest assured that your country will just move on as if you never existed. embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry

Even a cow has more value than human life in Nigeria... embarassed embarassed embarassed

https://platinumpost./2015/12/02/why-does-nigeria-wait-for-people-to-die-before-solving-simple-problems/

CC: Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by DaBullIT(m): 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lolest

When he was threatening Hell and brimstone nobody cautioned him
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by speedyGonzales: 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
Because leader do not care about the citizens!
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by madenigga(m): 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
the people responsible for the onitsha fire has been caught;
https://www.nairaland.com/2777112/brains-behind-burning-central-mosque
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by babyfaceafrica: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
So you think this will make FP...kip dreaming....and to your post bothh IPOB and FG are responsible for todays event!!!
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by oweniwe(m): 11:00am On Dec 03, 2015
DaBullIT:
Lolest

When he was threatening Hell and brimstone nobody cautioned him

Do you recall when SARS killed people extra-judicially and dumped their bodies in the in a river in amanbra? ... people are being killed anyhow like goats and and you want him to sit down and keep quiet?

In my village now, BEDC disconnected some communities over phoney claims that they owe 10m when it was actually the villagers that contributed money to buy they transformer, poles and cables.... for 2 years now, no light... People should not protest? should the people wait for 10 years before BEDC will restore power to the area or they want people to start rioting before they do something?

If your areais disconnected by PHCN for one year without reason... if the people in the area "threaten hell and brimestone".. will you blame them?

It is not a crime for Fani Kayode to threaten fire and brimestone over the kidnap of Olu Falae, but it is a crime for NNAmdi Kanu to protest the institutuionalized injustice being meted out on his people?

If the roads in your area goes very bad, people should not protest? you should continue to suffer bad roads in silence while your President's children are in dubai throwing parties with the same money they ought to use to rebuild your roads?

If people don't protest, politicians will carry their nonsense come into your house ... police and soldiers have been doing that on the roads already
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by oweniwe(m): 11:16am On Dec 03, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
both IPOB and FG are responsible for todays event!!!

How is IPOB responsible..? If you are arrested by police when you didn't steal or kill anyone and the three courts order your release buy the ploce still keep you detained... if your people turn to the streets to protest the continual disregard of court order, how is it their fault?

Or should your people sit down jeje, do nothing and look away because they don't want trouble?

Before you criticize a person or some people, try and visualize yourself in their shoes first before you judge them .... If TIV/Berom start agitating for Pateau republic because the FG has failed to do anything about decades of fulani militia killings, will you blame them?

Why can't the FG put Nnamdi Kanu under house arrest like they did Dasuki if they can't release him completely so that the protests will stop?

The only language Nigerian politicians understand is... "Force...!!.."... If you don't protest and agitate for something, they'll never do it... That is why i asked how many more lives will lagos-Expressway claim before they go and fix the road... It is not as if the FG doesn't have the money, resources or equipment to fix it... They have everything required to fix the road... but they have simply refused to fix it.... And if people don't protest for FG to fix the road, only God knows how many years and how many lives it will take before they wake up and fix it...

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by babyfaceafrica: 11:22am On Dec 03, 2015
oweniwe:

How is IPOB responsible..? If you are arrested by police when you didn't steal or kill anyone and the three courts order your release buy the ploce still keep you detained... if your people turn to the streets to protest the continual disregard of court order, how is it their fault?

Or should your people sit down jeje, do nothing and look away because they don't want trouble?

Before you criticize a person or some people, try and visualize yourself in their shoes first before you judge them .... If TIV/Berom start agitating for Pateau republic because the FG has failed to do anything about decades of fulani militia killings, will you blame them?

Why can't the FG put Nnamdi Kanu under house arrest like they did Dasuki if they can't release him completely so that the protests will stop?

The only language Nigerian politicians understand is... "Force...!!.."... If you don't protest and agitate for something, they'll never do it... That is why i asked how many more lives will lagos-Expressway claim before they go and fix the road... It is not as if the FG doesn't have the money, resources or equipment to fix it... They have everything required to fix the road... but they have simply refused to fix it.... And if people don't protest for FG to fix the road, only God knows how many years and how many lives it will take before they wake up and fix it...
Disturbing public peace is violent...impeding people from passing Niger bridge is violent..burning shops is violent...RIP to the dead
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by oweniwe(m): 11:27am On Dec 03, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Disturbing public peace is violent...impeding people from passing Niger bridge is violent..burning shops is violent...RIP to the dead

RIP to the dead ... I was very sad yesterday about it...

But all these deaths and protests could have been prevented... They should at least, release the man and let the protests stop... abi?
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by babyfaceafrica: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2015
oweniwe:

RIP to the dead ... I was very sad yesterday about it...

But all these deaths and protests could have been prevented... They should at least, release the man and let the protests stop... abi?
so you think releasing the man will stop this?....after all the man said on radio?.....he will continue to lead protest........unless he promises not to continue hate speeches ,i doubt if the DSS will release him.....
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by oweniwe(m): 11:40am On Dec 03, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
so you think releasing the man will stop this?....after all the man said on radio?.....he will continue to lead protest........unless he promises not to continue hate speeches ,i doubt if the DSS will release him.....

I want you to understand that people have the right to talk and complain because if they don't talk, the government will continue to use anit-development laws like federal character, quota system to frustrate people...

Look at South Africa... Many people were killed during apartheid protests... Nelson mandela spent over 25 years in prison... didn't nelson mandela give "hate speech" against the SA govt then?... but now he is a hero everybody is looking up to...

If the South Africans didn't protest back then... they will still be under apartheid now...

If you are a christian... Jesus christ and the Apostles were warned by the Jewish authorities to stop preaching... they were killed... did they die for nothing? no... they died for you and me... cos without the sacrifices they made... even now, juju people are still sacrificing people for money rituals...

Even black Americans in the 60s and 70s had to protest massively before segregation laws were repealed...

So... those protests are not for selfish reasons or for fun... they are doing those things for a better tomorrow.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by fistonati(m): 11:43am On Dec 03, 2015
Or before they recognized the person, its in our culture
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by babyfaceafrica: 11:43am On Dec 03, 2015
oweniwe:

I want you to understand that people have the right to talk and complain because if they don't talk, the government will continue to use anit-development laws like federal character, quota system to frustrate people...

Look at South Africa... Many people were killed during apartheid protests... Nelson mandela spent over 25 years in prison... didn't nelson mandela give "hate speech" against the SA govt then?... but now he is a hero everybody is looking up to...

If the South Africans didn't protest back then... they will still be under apartheid now...

If you are a christian... Jesus christ and the Apostles were warned by the Jewish authorities to stop preaching... they were killed... did they die for nothing? no... they died for you and me... cos without the sacrifices they made... even now, juju people are still sacrificing people for money rituals...

Even black Americans in the 60s and 70s had to protest massively before segregation laws were repealed...

So... those protests are not for selfish reasons or for fun... they are doing those things for a better tomorrow.
so make kanu die for these cause abi?...if he dies naw...you people will say the FG has killed him!!!...i no dey o.......innocent lives are lost now and you people are still happy....protest but do not impeded peoples movement,protest but do not burn shops,agitate but let piece reign...do it teh catalona way..referendum
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by Okanokan(m): 11:50am On Dec 03, 2015
So that the world may PRAISE THEM
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by oweniwe(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
so make kanu die for these cause abi?...if he dies naw...you people will say the FG has killed him!!!...i no dey o.......innocent lives are lost now and you people are still happy....protest but do not impeded peoples movement,protest but do not burn shops,agitate but let piece reign...do it teh catalona way..referendum

Nobody want war nau... I don't know why people always equate Biafra to was...

Are you equating Nigeria with Spain? I said Nigeria politicians don't understand the meaning of "people protest"... I can remember in Kwale when people were protesting against fulani rape of their women and destruction of their farms... soldiers suddenly started shooting at people marching on peacefully

Do you think you know that even if people are rioting in spain, their police will not release one bullet into the air? During catalonia protests, roads were blocked too... But the Spanish police didn't release any shot....

I can remember Nigeria played a friendly match with catalonia... Nigeria supports Civil Activists and Secessionist movements in other countries... But in Nigeria, they don't want to hear Biafra... what an irony
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by babyfaceafrica: 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
oweniwe:

Nobody want war nau... I don't know why people always equate Biafra to was...

Are you equating Nigeria with Spain? I said Nigeria politicians don't understand the meaning of "people protest"... I can remember in Kwale when people were protesting against fulani rape of their women and destruction of their farms... soldiers suddenly started shooting at people marching on peacefully

Do you think you know that even if people are rioting in spain, their police will not release one bullet into the air? During catalonia protests, roads were blocked too... But the Spanish police didn't release any shot....

I can remember Nigeria played a friendly match with catalonia... Nigeria supports Civil Activists and Secessionist movements in other countries... But in Nigeria, they don't want to hear Biafra... what an irony
maybe they arte not going about it the right way...secessionist movement should change tactics...i dont like what happened yesterday one bit.both parties are to be blamed...i dont have a problem with people going...but do so peacefully or else...people will start been sympathetic to the FG
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by oweniwe(m): 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
Okanokan:
So that the world may PRAISE THEM

Who is looking for praise? All we are saying is... either restructure the Nigeria's system of government so that people will have more control over their resources so that they can use it to develop themselves instead of being tied down by some useless laws....

Look at the Nigerian system of government... A federal government... 37 (plus FCT) state governments... 774 local governments... God knows how many LGA councils.... Numerous Ministries and Parastals... Not to talk of Senate, House of Reps and 36 state house of assemblies....

After sharing oil revenues among all those tiers of government, what will be left to execute capital projects? ... How do you expect the country to develop with this system of government? The earlier we face the truth that Nigeria can never be a developed country the way it, the better for us...

Numerous national conferences have been organized but what came out of them? nothing.

Should people continue to wallow in under development when they have the resources to develop themselves?

I am from Delta state... why should i suffer fuel scarcity with the rest of Nigeria when i have oil in my backyard and we can refine it on our own? Why must petrol and kerosene sell for the same price throughout Nigeria? Is a Ram or beans sold for the same price in Kano and in lagos? They want to protect the poor... while other countries are striving to advance, improve the standard of living of their people, Nigeria is bent on keeping her people perpetually poor.

It is not about looking for praise... it is about facing the truth and admitting it... Not living this lie called "One Nigeria"...

If you are comfortable with one Nigeria, okay... But other people are not comfortable with it... If they want to go.. let them go... Britain gave Nigeria Independence without rancor or bloodshed... Nigeria should toe same path.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by Okanokan(m): 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2015
oweniwe:

Who is looking for praise? All we are saying is... either restructure the Nigeria's system of government so that people will have more control over their resources so that they can use it to develop themselves instead of being tied down by some useless laws....

Look at the Nigerian system of government... A federal government... 37 (plus FCT) state governments... 774 local governments... God knows how many LGA councils.... Numerous Ministries and Parastals... Not to talk of Senate, House of Reps and 36 state house of assemblies....

After sharing oil revenues among all those tiers of government, what will be left to execute capital projects? ... How do you expect the country to develop with this system of government? The earlier we face the truth that Nigeria can never be a developed country the way it, the better for us...

Numerous national conferences have been organized but what came out of them? nothing.

Should people continue to wallow in under development when they have the resources to develop themselves?

I am from Delta state... why should i suffer fuel scarcity with the rest of Nigeria when i have oil in my backyard and we can refine it on our own? Why must petrol and kerosene sell for the same price throughout Nigeria? Is a Ram or beans sold for the same price in Kano and in lagos? They want to protect the poor... while other countries are striving to advance, improve the standard of living of their people, Nigeria is bent on keeping her people perpetually poor.

It is not about looking for praise... it is about facing the truth and admitting it... Not living this lie called "One Nigeria"...

If you are comfortable with one Nigeria, okay... But other people are not comfortable with it... If they want to go.. let them go... Britain gave Nigeria Independence without rancor or bloodshed... Nigeria should toe same path.

Oweniwe!, oweniwe!!, oweniwe!!! RELAX!
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by saint047(m): 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
The next Nominee is Chelsea FC. The immediate past EPL Champions
Is it the wish of this senate that they take a bow and go on relegation?
Re: Why Does Nigeria Wait For People To Die Before Solving Simple Problems? by oweniwe(m): 1:10am On Dec 06, 2015
Okanokan:

Oweniwe!, oweniwe!!, oweniwe!!! RELAX!

Lol...

My blood dey hot abi? grin grin wink

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi KANU Now On Wikipedia / Letter From Africa: Cutting Nigeria's 'big Men' Down To Size. BBC / Sheik Alzakzaky Arrested By The Military (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.