Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

My Experience With A Pervert Manager - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience With A Pervert Manager (36535 Views)

Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. / My Experience With A Chinese Man Today In My Workplace / My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Prymestrr(m): 1:21am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:
Good day all, Please pardon my grammatical error if you observe any because as am typing this am not my self.

I finished my ND last year and proceed to work because I want to get my Bsc direct instead of going for HND. So I got a job at Palms lekki. Right from when I started, he was already showing me sign that he was interested in me but I just waved it aside. After working for about 1 year and 1month, the man asked me out but I ignored him and continued working, since that time he started treating me anyhow, shouting at me, but I endured. October this year, he asked me to choose either my job or I quit. I had no option than to quit. I used the opportunity to register for jamb and attend preparatory class. So, I told my mum I want to do part time job and attend lectures at the same time to get money, she agreed.

I started hunting for job and told my friends about it. Last week, my friend called me and told me about an opening in their organisation, so I went there on Monday. Immediatly I saw the manager I knew I was in for trouble (a manager with dread and ear rings drinking dry gin on duty). He saw me and smiled, ask of my name age and qualifications, I told him everything about myself. After the interview, he asked me to resume on Wednesday that's today. I prepared and went to work. After sometimes, he called me into his office and started saying silly thing "how he liked me from the first day he saw me, blah blah blah". I was just looking at him like ode, after saying his mind, the next thing I heard was "can we have sex now?". I was so shocked to hear it from him but all the same I played cool and started telling him stories of about my bf and how my mum will kill me if she found out. He still insist,i lied again that I was on my period, he said he want to see the period. I was shocked and short of words. I told him I wasn't interested, the next thing he said was if I was not interested I should go, so I got up, picked my bag and left his office, met my friend and told her everything that transpired at the office between me and her boss,on my way out if the building I met the security man who asked me if I was not working that day, I told him no and explained everything to him he got so angry and promised to do something about it. Just this evening my friend called me saying the security man told their boss about what happened between me and the manager that the man would like to speak to me, the man called me and ask me to come tomorrow around 8am. My questions are: did I go far by reporting him to the security or should I go tomorrow (although am no longer interested in the job) because the manager looks scary, he can arrange for me if the owner sacks him, am so scared right now pls matured advice, thanks.
I ll advice u respond to the invitation from the boss. If all works fine n u r asked to resume ur position, all the better. However, if it's on the condition that the pervert manager be sacked... I strongly advice u plead with the boss not to sack him on ur account. Let him be retained n be held on a short leash pending a repeat of such incidence which i doubt will ever be if the fella has any conscience left in his empty skull. Also, such move 2 keep him on d job will give u some edge over him. As he is close enough 4 u 2 keep a lookout in case of retaliation.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by AVRecruit: 1:25am On Dec 03, 2015
sacking the manager is 50% of the issue solved. the new manager could lust after her.

OP is average looking. forget about my PM to u OP. Go to Youtube search: dr stella familiar spirit. listen to the message then note the prayer points.

it could also be OP is very young i.e. under 23 and just has da power of a pretty young lady...
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by linearity: 1:36am On Dec 03, 2015
OP, it is people like you that makes majority of folks to think twice before helping someone in need.

Now that, you have almost made up your mind about not honoring the Boss' invitation, guess who might loss their job if that perverts retains his? Yes! the poor security guy; the same guy that you complained to about your bad experience; the same guy that consoled you and offered to do something about it, yes! the same guy that went out of his way to do something about it.

That Manager will work tirelessly to frustrate that Security guy, because he will now see him as a hindrance...All because you chicken out and your actions now effectively throw this poor security guy under the bus, whose only crime is that he help a sister in need, by trying to right the wrongs done to her.

I understand your fears, but they are baseless, you are not going to ask for the manager to be fired (and who cares if he gets fired?). You are going to tell the Boss what happened to you, all you need to do is tell your side of the story and leave. If you do not want to go, at least write them a letter and drop it off at their office; thought, I will recommend you go.

Sooner or later you have to face or confront your fears in life....And if you cannot confront this guy that you barely know and wants to take advantage of you, I do not know if you are capable of facing life itself.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by linearity: 1:43am On Dec 03, 2015
Prymestrr:

I ll advice u respond to the invitation from the boss. If all works fine n u r asked to resume ur position, all the better. However, if it's on the condition that the pervert manager be sacked... I strongly advice u plead with the boss not to sack him on ur account. Let him be retained n be held on a short leash pending a repeat of such incidence which i doubt will ever be if the fella has any conscience left in his empty skull. Also, such move 2 keep him on d job will give u some edge over him. As he is close enough 4 u 2 keep a lookout in case of retaliation.

I do not know why, it should be the OP's place to plead on behalf of this guy...just as much as she should not ask that he should be fired, he should not use that emotionally charged atmosphere to influence the Boss to retain this guy.

All companies have standard polices regarding things like these, leave the company to take whatever action they want to take. The Boss might felt pity due to the OP's pleading and retain this guy, but people like these are a liability to the company and the company will pay big time down the road.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 03, 2015
I smell a rat! Seriously! Don't go anywhere. Don't even pick that razz manager's calls. Those friends you claim you have that helped you secure that job aren't your friends, I advise you cut off all ties you have with them. If you still insist on going to see the manager who you already depicted as irresponsible from the onset, then my darling you are solely on your own. Peace!!!
kaziblake:
Good day all, Please pardon my grammatical error if you observe any because as am typing this am not my self.

I finished my ND last year and proceed to work because I want to get my Bsc direct instead of going for HND. So I got a job at Palms lekki. Right from when I started, he was already showing me sign that he was interested in me but I just waved it aside. After working for about 1 year and 1month, the man asked me out but I ignored him and continued working, since that time he started treating me anyhow, shouting at me, but I endured. October this year, he asked me to choose either my job or I quit. I had no option than to quit. I used the opportunity to register for jamb and attend preparatory class. So, I told my mum I want to do part time job and attend lectures at the same time to get money, she agreed.

I started hunting for job and told my friends about it. Last week, my friend called me and told me about an opening in their organisation, so I went there on Monday. Immediatly I saw the manager I knew I was in for trouble (a manager with dread and ear rings drinking dry gin on duty). He saw me and smiled, ask of my name age and qualifications, I told him everything about myself. After the interview, he asked me to resume on Wednesday that's today. I prepared and went to work. After sometimes, he called me into his office and started saying silly thing "how he liked me from the first day he saw me, blah blah blah". I was just looking at him like ode, after saying his mind, the next thing I heard was "can we have sex now?". I was so shocked to hear it from him but all the same I played cool and started telling him stories of about my bf and how my mum will kill me if she found out. He still insist,i lied again that I was on my period, he said he want to see the period. I was shocked and short of words. I told him I wasn't interested, the next thing he said was if I was not interested I should go, so I got up, picked my bag and left his office, met my friend and told her everything that transpired at the office between me and her boss,on my way out if the building I met the security man who asked me if I was not working that day, I told him no and explained everything to him he got so angry and promised to do something about it. Just this evening my friend called me saying the security man told their boss about what happened between me and the manager that the man would like to speak to me, the man called me and ask me to come tomorrow around 8am. My questions are: did I go far by reporting him to the security or should I go tomorrow (although am no longer interested in the job) because the manager looks scary, he can arrange for me if the owner sacks him, am so scared right now pls matured advice, thanks.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by tee4naija(m): 2:06am On Dec 03, 2015
Op, you really need to go and finish what you started like somebody said earlier. But while going, don't go alone, go with either your bf or an elderly man for your security cos u never can tell what they are up to. Tell who ever goes with you to record what ever transpires with his phone without letting them know, u may need this in the future.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by akigbemaru: 2:12am On Dec 03, 2015
In the hand of a pervert manager!
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Nelrulez(m): 2:17am On Dec 03, 2015
The OP to me is not that attractive, I keep wondering why she's getting sexual advances from men. Young woman check sense of dressing . Maybe you dress seductively because I don't see you to be that attractive to a state that every guy you work under would want to get in-between your laps. #Just saying. On to the main issue, I won't suggest you not going to see the director. The best bet is for you to unseat the bastard. You can as well tell the man that you've lost interest working with his coy but you not going to confront the reggae blue guy is cowardice. Trust me dude ain't gat nothing to do to you.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Csami(m): 2:19am On Dec 03, 2015
Evil triumph because good people let it. Let's say you don't go, do you think it will be the end? He's going to prey on another weak person. Just apply caution but make sure you get him fired after all sexual harassment is a crime.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Nelrulez(m): 2:31am On Dec 03, 2015
cuteboy2:

Find out the character of the overall boss from your friend who works there. Also talk to the big boss about your fears, am sure he will tell you something to put your mind at rest.

Also it is a good idea to go with someone. I volunteer if my schedule aligns. I hate injustices and oppression.
Are you freedom fighter? I ONLY KNOW OF A GROUP THAT HATES INJUSTICE AND OPPRESSION. Do you play for the teamAfrica?
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by chingydaboss(m): 2:40am On Dec 03, 2015
419 people..pls nairalanders, dnt answer dis boy oo, he is a thief...d number he said u shud send it to is his mtn line..jst remove d 009234 frm d no he said u shud send it to, d remaining is his number. Pls let us flash his fone because thief's lyk him shud nt b operating on nairaland..

Mr seun osewa please tak note..ban dis user please..d
ope010:
Wow oPppp

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by jomoh: 2:51am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:
thanks I won't go cos am so scared right now

Tell your friend about your fears. If you decide not just to go it might backfire on your friend that she brought someone to accuse the guy wrongly.

If her boss can arrange a phone conversation and remember to tell him you're not interested in resuming again because of your fear.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 03, 2015
Why every boss won gonk u? u must be very pweeti
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 03, 2015
Do not go to that company again,that's if you value your life. I've had such nasty encounter though not with a pervert but all the same was threatening too
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by baby4u2(f): 3:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Nelrulez:
The OP to me is not that attractive, I keep wondering why she's getting sexual advances from men. Young woman check sense of dressing . Maybe you dress seductively because I don't see you to be that attractive to a state that every guy you work under would want to get in-between your laps. #Just saying. On to the main issue, I won't suggest you not going to see the director. The best bet is for you to unseat the bastard. You can as well tell the man that you've lost interest working with his coy but you not going to confront the reggae blue guy is cowardice. Trust me dude ain't gat nothing to do to you.

Whether u think she should be desired or not doesn't Matter here. Always stick to the topic and don't bash.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by opribo(m): 3:29am On Dec 03, 2015
I think you should go but go with someone as a witness and a cover just invade so that then man will not change the story, but don't think of working there even if the boss reinstates you.
Again don't forget your only evidence now is your word against his so if you are not there in person to confront him with the things he said to you he will surely deny your allegations.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by cole265(m): 3:29am On Dec 03, 2015
charix:
This story has made front page a second time.

How? It happened today
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by DedeNkem: 3:30am On Dec 03, 2015
There are two options;

1. You do the wrong thing by not meeting the boss. You've no obligation to meet him if you're not interested in the job. But by not attending the meeting you're indirectly helping that as*shole to stay put on his job to abuse more women.

2. You do the right thing by meeting the boss to discuss everything about the incident. One of these may happen;

a) The boss may sack that jerk and still have you at work.
b) The boss may discipline the jerk and still let him keep his job and you still have a job.
c) The boss may not want to have both of you working there.

My advice to you is: Do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by AVRecruit: 3:49am On Dec 03, 2015
Nelrulez:

exactly.... the babe aint that hot to warrant such attention.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Akayd2(m): 3:50am On Dec 03, 2015
My candid advice run for your life
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by erekoshe: 3:50am On Dec 03, 2015
[quote author=kiharae post=40633058][/quote]

Dude, you're becoming a nuisance, multiple adverts on one page is excessive spam, moderation is key! Keep your scam outta here.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by AVRecruit: 3:53am On Dec 03, 2015
Nelrulez:

if guys r chasing her like that she need deliverance because shes not that hot.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Proffdada: 4:07am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:
thanks I won't go cos am so scared right now
why you sef go fine like beauty queen? anyways,the pervert may just a simply be a barking dog that can't bite,and it takes only he gullible to fall for him. you did right by reporting him ,however stay clear others that he must've been bragging to maybe lurking to have a score with you
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by fwwins(m): 4:25am On Dec 03, 2015
Telling was ok but telling the security wasn't to good. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THAT COMPANY FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by LastProphet: 4:35am On Dec 03, 2015
go there and testify, go with someone, after everything tell them you not doing the job anymore, tell them you will be targeted and you don't have time for that. but make sure he is sacked, you can tell the boss you are ready to accept their offer of job in another place but not there. go back home and look for another job, you will get and you will meet other good men - they are many in spite of the animals amongst them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jeep Gets Caged In Ogun State (Photo) / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military / 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.