Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

My Experience With A Pervert Manager - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience With A Pervert Manager (36543 Views)

Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. / My Experience With A Chinese Man Today In My Workplace / My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by claycares: 7:36am On Dec 03, 2015
This issue is getting pathetic everyday. You've got to go to put the records straight and also make a report at the nearest police station for sexual harassment.

The decision to continue working there is a choice you've got to make.

OP since you've got retail experience, I'd offer you a job with reasonable pay if you call me or send me a pm, we need your experience in our organisation and we won't sexually harass you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by benz33(m): 7:42am On Dec 03, 2015
DON'T GO PLEASE. if the owner really want to hear your own side of the story. Please kindly arrange to see in a different and safe location and your friend must be present there, just try and beg the owner to please give you that opportunity if your Friend will allow you speak with him via the phone.

Your mum too should have knowledge of where you want to meet him but does not necessarily need to be there with you. But make it an open or reserved place. But please play safe. But please look elsewhere for a JOB not that company.

Thanks.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by duduade: 7:42am On Dec 03, 2015
Simple you should have just said you have MAGUN.....
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by misspicy(f): 7:42am On Dec 03, 2015
Jazzlite:

Get an Oluwole medical report stating you're HIV positive.... You know the rest...
shocked......

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Alphaoscar: 7:45am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:
thanks I won't go cos am so scared right now

you just have to go to clear your name because if you refuse to go they will all believed you lied.

if you are scared of continue working just tell the owner you can't continue but make sure that man did not escape.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by ejime4life: 7:58am On Dec 03, 2015
Dont go just tell the director that u are scared of coming, if he insist try and go,but go with somebody to protect u. This is what is killing this nation,harassing ladies just because they need help or job.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by iretex1(m): 8:03am On Dec 03, 2015
Whatever you decide, secure yourself both Spiritually and Physically. Follow your good heart!
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Generalpapiiii(m): 8:10am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:
. what do u mean by ur not going anywhere. U better go and tell ur part of the story, u said u were no longer interested in the job. If u don't go now just know that ur responsible if he(the manager) sexually harrases another innocent girl. If u let this go it'll boost his confidence and carry on with this act. For the sake of female job seekers and ur future/present kids I tink u should go

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by SUPOL(m): 8:15am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:
They shld talk to you on phone. Dnt go there since d manager doesn't look decent
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by olagbemi118(m): 8:17am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:
Good day all, Please pardon my grammatical error if you observe any because as am typing this am not my self.

I finished my ND last year and proceed to work because I want to get my Bsc direct instead of going for HND. So I got a job at Palms lekki. Right from when I started, he was already showing me sign that he was interested in me but I just waved it aside. After working for about 1 year and 1month, the man asked me out but I ignored him and continued working, since that time he started treating me anyhow, shouting at me, but I endured. October this year, he asked me to choose either my job or I quit. I had no option than to quit. I used the opportunity to register for jamb and attend preparatory class. So, I told my mum I want to do part time job and attend lectures at the same time to get money, she agreed.

I started hunting for job and told my friends about it. Last week, my friend called me and told me about an opening in their organisation, so I went there on Monday. Immediatly I saw the manager I knew I was in for trouble (a manager with dread and ear rings drinking dry gin on duty). He saw me and smiled, ask of my name age and qualifications, I told him everything about myself. After the interview, he asked me to resume on Wednesday that's today. I prepared and went to work. After sometimes, he called me into his office and started saying silly thing "how he liked me from the first day he saw me, blah blah blah". I was just looking at him like ode, after saying his mind, the next thing I heard was "can we have sex now?". I was so shocked to hear it from him but all the same I played cool and started telling him stories of about my bf and how my mum will kill me if she found out. He still insist,i lied again that I was on my period, he said he want to see the period. I was shocked and short of words. I told him I wasn't interested, the next thing he said was if I was not interested I should go, so I got up, picked my bag and left his office, met my friend and told her everything that transpired at the office between me and her boss,on my way out if the building I met the security man who asked me if I was not working that day, I told him no and explained everything to him he got so angry and promised to do something about it. Just this evening my friend called me saying the security man told their boss about what happened between me and the manager that the man would like to speak to me, the man called me and ask me to come tomorrow around 8am. My questions are: did I go far by reporting him to the security or should I go tomorrow (although am no longer interested in the job) because the manager looks scary, he can arrange for me if the owner sacks him, am so scared right now pls matured advice, thanks.
u must be very beautiful. Beauty sometimes na wahala ooo
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 03, 2015
Flee the appearance of evil. What sort of workplace that is where a Manager drinks dry gin on duty? How come you could identify how dry the gin was? How decently dressed were you to work on the day in question?I know you desperately need a job but it is best to trust God and avoid "slaughter slabs" dubbed as workplace!
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Adaeze003(f): 8:29am On Dec 03, 2015
You've done all you need to do. Don't go there again.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Arabs999: 8:37am On Dec 03, 2015
masseratti:
You did d right thing my dear,three years ago a girl.in a company I was a partner in had this same problem, we fired the manager immediately, after that we learnt of his atrocities, we that owned the coy are not saints in anyway, but forking whoever is working for you is slavery,and it affect productivity.

True matured comment

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by NaWetinDey(m): 8:38am On Dec 03, 2015
Although it's risky following through with your claim before the company authorities, sexual perversion only grows when such cases are ignored or sidelined. My best bet is you go. Make sure you have a recorder when meeting them because it surely will come in handy. Tell the said "Boss" on phone that you will need a form of protection from the man when they have concluded that you were being truthful in your statements. If they are to sack him they have to make a police statement and get the man to write an undertaking concerning you (although I don't know how that works these days in Nigeria). Bottom line: No matter what life brings, do not give in to the devil and expose his patterns wherever you find one if you can. I'm sure that "women rights/human rights group can keep him off you permanently but then you have yet no evidence against him to go that far.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by darlingnuel(m): 8:45am On Dec 03, 2015
You were confident enough to turn down his advances. It would be cowardly for you to back down now. Such men are afraid of people who could stand up to them. Now, you go back in there and FINISH him! I bet, you'd be glad you did!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by stchinedu: 8:46am On Dec 03, 2015
frenchboy:
Good morning....pls i am new here if some repley to ur comment,how can i write d person back...pls i dnt knw how to reply msg hereƱwhat shud i click
At the bottom of every comment, there are options ,('quote', 'like', 'share').
Click 'quote' to reply by quoting the person
Click 'like' to like the comment
'Share' to share it to the people following your moniker

I hope this will help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by lizcom25: 8:58am On Dec 03, 2015
I think you should just ignore the job and move on. You will really not have peace there, and all eyes will be on you to implicate you in one issue or the other. Please your mind is no longer on the job, so move on and thank the oga very well
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Jazzlite: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2015
and mean it...

misspicy:

shocked......
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by misspicy(f): 9:08am On Dec 03, 2015
Jazzlite:
and mean it...
no one jokes with a deadly disease bro
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by misspicy(f): 9:10am On Dec 03, 2015
claycares:

This issue is getting pathetic everyday. You've got to go to put the records straight and also make a report at the nearest police station for sexual harassment.

The decision to continue working there is a choice you've got to make.

OP since you've got retail experience, I'd offer you a job with reasonable pay if you call me or send me a pm, we need your experience in our organisation and we won't sexually harass you.
thank you

cc kaziblake....why not give this a try
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Jazzlite: 9:13am On Dec 03, 2015
you're not joking Sis....

misspicy:

no one jokes with a deadly disease bro
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by kaziblake(f): 9:13am On Dec 03, 2015
misspicy:

thank you

cc kaziblake....why not give this a try
I will pm him now,thanks
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by justmenoni: 9:39am On Dec 03, 2015
It's really a tough case,why!!! Reason is dat if d op will go today and see the boss it would still result in d manager been sack and if d op didn't eventually go and see d boss one-day the manager would still be sacked and during that time they might mention ops name as one of d reason for the sack...if d manager is related to the boss then he might not be sacked and Op wouldn't hv a problem by not working there and in this case it's better the op just ignore their job patapata

PrimeMinisterr:
you shouldn't have reported him, I mean he's not the only one in the game. your guess is as good as mine, he could be sacked and hell knows he'd come in search of you. for safety sake don't go. sweep that under the carpet and concentrate on your job hunt. I just hope you get a job this time without perverse encounter from the Manager.
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by kalusky02(m): 9:50am On Dec 03, 2015
She should brave it and confront that bastard of a manager that thinks the world revolves around him

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Bolight50(m): 9:52am On Dec 03, 2015
My little advice 4 u z dat dnt go cos u dnt knw wat d manager z up 2 since u ar no mor intrestd in d job 4get abt it...[b]My little advice 4 u z dat dnt go cos u dnt knw wat d manager z up 2 since u ar no mor intrestd in d job 4get abt it...[/b]My little advice 4 u z dat dnt go cos u dnt knw wat d manager z up 2 since u ar no mor intrestd in d job 4get abt it...
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by Totfulguy: 9:54am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:
Good day all, Please pardon my grammatical error if you observe any because as am typing this am not my self.

I finished my ND last year and proceed to work because I want to get my Bsc direct instead of going for HND. So I got a job at Palms lekki. Right from when I started, he was already showing me sign that he was interested in me but I just waved it aside. After working for about 1 year and 1month, the man asked me out but I ignored him and continued working, since that time he started treating me anyhow, shouting at me, but I endured. October this year, he asked me to choose either my job or I quit. I had no option than to quit. I used the opportunity to register for jamb and attend preparatory class. So, I told my mum I want to do part time job and attend lectures at the same time to get money, she agreed.

I started hunting for job and told my friends about it. Last week, my friend called me and told me about an opening in their organisation, so I went there on Monday. Immediatly I saw the manager I knew I was in for trouble (a manager with dread and ear rings drinking dry gin on duty). He saw me and smiled, ask of my name age and qualifications, I told him everything about myself. After the interview, he asked me to resume on Wednesday that's today. I prepared and went to work. After sometimes, he called me into his office and started saying silly thing "how he liked me from the first day he saw me, blah blah blah". I was just looking at him like ode, after saying his mind, the next thing I heard was "can we have sex now?". I was so shocked to hear it from him but all the same I played cool and started telling him stories of about my bf and how my mum will kill me if she found out. He still insist,i lied again that I was on my period, he said he want to see the period. I was shocked and short of words. I told him I wasn't interested, the next thing he said was if I was not interested I should go, so I got up, picked my bag and left his office, met my friend and told her everything that transpired at the office between me and her boss,on my way out if the building I met the security man who asked me if I was not working that day, I told him no and explained everything to him he got so angry and promised to do something about it. Just this evening my friend called me saying the security man told their boss about what happened between me and the manager that the man would like to speak to me, the man called me and ask me to come tomorrow around 8am. My questions are: did I go far by reporting him to the security or should I go tomorrow (although am no longer interested in the job) because the manager looks scary, he can arrange for me if the owner sacks him, am so scared right now pls matured advice, thanks.

STAY AWAY!
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by babaglogas: 10:04am On Dec 03, 2015
My sister, all you need is to go for deliverance from those wicked spirit that wants to ruin your destiny.l recommend MFM
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by JumpingChicken(m): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:

Please find another job. Things are happening in Lagos oh... People do things. Just be on the safe side and find another job.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:47am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:

A pervert can arrange your rape and abduction for reporting him. Better stay away from him. Dont go back to explain yourself. God forbid something bad happened, many will blame you for returning. Something like this has happened. Do you know if the man is a cultist. You will get a job much better than this

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by soaksman: 10:51am On Dec 03, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]. First of... I want to commend you for your courage and integrity. I admire the fact that you placed your value system before your job. You did a good thing by reporting that lousy manager...I am so sure you are not his first victim and you won't be his last if you do not follow it up. People like him should not be in that position in a working environment.
I advice you to go and meet the overall boss and explain everything out. You can reject the job if they offer it back...cos I'm nt sure you will be comfortable on the job with all these.
If you decide not to go the manager would say you were lieing and they forget about you while he braces up and waits for his next victim.
In conclusion...pray,whatever you decide to do afterwards...How you will know you are on the right part is that you will have absolute peace in your heart....if you feel doubt after taking a decision,chose the other option.When you are doing the right thing you will have absolute peace in your heart. Goodluck...keep on holding on to your value system

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by HomoDroid(m): 11:18am On Dec 03, 2015
I'll advise the Op to follow through and ensure the bloke gets sacked - he had it coming! If you need to continue with the job without fear if ambush for revenge, add this line to your submission: 'that he threatened to deal with you badly if anyone gets to hear of his acts' The will ensure the case involves the police who will make him give a commitment that nothing untoward happens to you!
Re: My Experience With A Pervert Manager by 400billionman: 11:33am On Dec 03, 2015
kaziblake:

Go there, when you are being interoogated, tell the boss infront of his manager, that you even told your father(Who is an ARMY OFFICER), the story, and that your dad was so pissed that he wanted following you to their office to see that manager. But you begged your dad not to join you because he has HOT TEMPER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jeep Gets Caged In Ogun State (Photo) / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military / Meg Reuben Dancing 'Shaku Shaku' During Her Call To Bar In Ontario

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.