Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? (19836 Views)

Success Mail After Interview / Expect A Regret Mail From Nigerian Breweries If You Fail This Test / 8 Months After Medicals At Ikeja Electric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by dustydee: 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
They are not supposed to conduct HIV test without your consent so that is out of the question
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by FEGNO: 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
HOT! HOT !! ENUGU PROPERTY-FIDELITY ESTATE G.R.A.ENUGU.
695 SQ METERS OF PRIME PROPERTY IN GATED ESTATE. TARRED ROADS, PIPE BORNE WATER ETC AVAILABLE. DO NOT MISS THIS ONE. CALL GREG NOW ON 08082216870[/color][color=#000099][/color][color=#000099][color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by FEGNO: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
HOT! HOT !! ENUGU PROPERTY-FIDELITY ESTATE G.R.A.ENUGU.
695 SQ METERS OF PRIME PROPERTY IN GATED ESTATE. TARRED ROADS, PIPE BORNE WATER ETC AVAILABLE. DO NOT MISS THIS ONE. CALL GREG NOW ON 08082216870
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Guyman02: 12:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
jpphilips:
@op
Do you have HIV?

Is it a criminal offence?

2 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by tirenioluwa7(m): 12:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
have seen someone disqualify for having hiv virus in UAE they have to cancel his visa
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Elliotmarvelous: 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
nice.... common medically harmful practices...www.emarve.com/2015/11/top-7-medically-harmful-cultural.html?m=1
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Burger01(m): 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
nmreports:
I doubt HIV. I have never heard of a company rejecting a candidate because of this. I don't think most companies will check for your HIV status without your consent.

What they check and which can lead to your dismissal are any diseases that may not allow you perform excellently well.
For example,
Teller Bankers; leg disease or muscle diseases or heart issues.
Military etc; Fitness diseases like heart etc
Engineering; Migraine.
Computer operator; Eye diseases etc

Companies als have a list of what they do not want in their staff so it could just be anything.

Generally speaking however, most companies will test for Hepatitis B or is it D or so and if positive it's good bye.
In a saner society, such person would be placed on treatment if the coy is really interested in employing the person smiley
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Burger01(m): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
MathsChic:
Failing the medicals, which could have a test for the use of drugs.
Latent TB.
Fitness to work. If unfit, you can't be on the job.
Some jobs require special conditions, like not having respiratory allergies or problems.
Every company should not discriminate against employees who test +ve for HIV, as that's not allowed by law. Some companies however do.

Mostly also, they want to know if they should be worried about employing you. Some deadly diseases are contagious, e.g TB, and companies are not going to employ you if u have such diseases.

I was tested for Hepatitis, TB, Typhiod, And a couple other sundry tests. But not HIV. Of course, I passed all cheesy but i failed the eye test woefully. That didnt affect me since the job doesnt require that.
Forget Latent TB smiley
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Omolite(f): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
jpphilips:
@op Do you have HIV?
i was wondering dat too
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Burger01(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
engrrichie92:
@nmreports you are mostly correct..but I beg to disagree on the HIV test

with or without your consent,they do HIV test
or why else would they take your blood?
That's unethical and practically impossible smiley
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Ganjafama(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
jpphilips:
@op
Do you have HIV?
Very silly question. How is it ur business if the op has HIV?

2 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Burger01(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by JohnReese: 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
Dey will never show u the result of your medicals, if u have HIV, hypertitis, it's automatic disqualification. The truth is dat disqualification on such ground is wrong but since dey didn't show u ur result or tell u reason for ur disqualification it now bcoms very difficult for u to fight dem. Except u want to flex some muscles in court.
engrrichie92:
Im sure people with sickle cells and/or diagnosed with cancer gets disqualified @ this stage
what other illness or disease count as a basis for disqualification
Somebody mentioned HIV too...and if it's true,won't that be going against popular message condemning HIV discrimination?
hr peeps...come in and let us know please
have you ever had anyone got a regret mail after medicals..if yes..why?

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by naturalwaves: 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
@OP, companies do test for HIV also, I know that for sure even Government establishments. When I got a government job, I was referred to a government hospital to do medicals and I got the report back which I was supposed to take back and I saw all manner of tests on the slip and it was even clearly stated on the report that I was HIV negative.Although, most reports are usually confidential between the employer and the hospital, I know for sure that they discreetly test for HIV and discriminate against those that have the disease even though it is wrong.

I have never gone for HIV test because in the last few years, I have done medicals with three different organisations and all turned out alright but if it is reported that I failed medicals or do not get back from a company after medicals, then I would be seriously worried as well and personally go for all necessary medical tests to ascertain if all is well.

3 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Burger01(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
donofdons:
[size=18pt]since buhari entered aso rock na just trouble trouble we dey hear.....death, acciident, fuel scarcity, jobloss, etc[/size]
You dey see Buhari for your dream smiley

2 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Kx: 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
nmreports:
I doubt HIV. I have never heard of a company rejecting a candidate because of this. I don't think most companies will check for your HIV status without your consent.

What they check and which can lead to your dismissal are any diseases that may not allow you perform excellently well.
For example,
Military etc; Fitness diseases like heart etc
Engineering; Migraine.

Companies als have a list of what they do not want in their staff so it could just be anything.

Generally speaking however, most companies will test for Hepatitis B or is it D or so and if positive it's good bye.

Talking from what I have personally seen and verified, HIV1 and HIV2 tests are conducted in pre-employment medical tests of most financial institutions. This one nor be dem say, na confirm.
Doc's may not tell you what they are going to test but usually forms are signed where u consent to the hospital medical tests, in most cases, even if they did not disclose what particular test they are doing.
The hospitals under retainer-ship with companies have already agreed to the tests they are to issue test reports on to the companies, HIV 1 and 11 are included in most cases.

You may not be in a position to sue for denial of employment on the ground that you may have tested positive to HIV because in the first place, you are not going to be availed your pre-employment medical test result; No company does that.

Besides, your denial after medical MAY not necessarily be as a result of pass or failure of medical test.
Company strategy or decision to hire can change even after your offer letter has been typed not to talk of mere receipt of favorable or unfavorable medical test result.
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by kellsblingsz(m): 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
TB= tuberculosis
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Emmasonic4me: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
JohnReese:
Dey will never show u the result of your medicals, if u have HIV, hypertitis, it's automatic disqualification. The truth is dat disqualification on such ground is wrong but since dey didn't show u ur result or tell u reason for ur disqualification it now bcoms very difficult for u to fight dem. Except u want to flex some muscles in court.

You're right, however, when they send regret mail with clauses like "regrettable, we may not be able to proceed with your recruitment because we found another candidate that possess stronger qualities and more experience than you..." , you cannot sue them or flex any muscle in court. How can you even go to court without proofs or concrete evidence. You might just be wasting the money you can commit to other job pursuits in court.
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Patented: 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
engrrichie92:
Im sure people with sickle cells and/or diagnosed with cancer gets disqualified @ this stage
Somebody mentioned HIV too...and if it's true,won't that be going against popular message condemning HIV discrimination?
for your own benefit write to them and ask if the medicals revealed anything negative about your health that you should be aware of.

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by horexy(f): 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
tirenioluwa7:
have seen someone disqualify for having hiv virus in UAE they have to cancel his visa

LOL @bolded

cheesy
cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by saintneo(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
engrrichie92:

Loci Remy vs Liverpool FC medicals
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by pelumi001(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
nmreports:

For example,
Military etc; Fitness altering diseases like heart issues etc
Engineering; Migraine.

Companies also have a list of what diseases they do not want in their staff so it could just be anything.

Thanks for this.. Pls can you explain more about the hepatitis B or D and the effect if positive.
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by JohnReese: 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
Well said my broda
Emmasonic4me:

You're right, however, when they send regret mail with clauses like "regrettable, we may not be able to proceed with your recruitment because we found another candidate that possess stronger qualities and more experience than you..." , you cannot sue them or flex any muscle in court. How can you even go to court without proofs or concrete evidence. You might just be wasting the money you can commit to other job pursuits in court.
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by fart: 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Apart from blood tests do they take urine test? What about if you have diabetes?
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by engrrichie92(m): 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
jpphilips:
@op Do you have HIV?
lol..shege
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by engrrichie92(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
gbaskiipro:

It is criminal to do HIV test without the persons consent
but they still do it you know how it's...anything goes in Nigeria
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by dammytosh: 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
Don't disturb yourself.

It might just be a strategic change. Probably economic reality caught up on them and they can not afford additional recruitments.
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by coolhumble(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
engrrichie92:

Someone close to me got for diabetis but he was treated and to the glory of God i got him another job.

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by jackpot(f): 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
2010 FRSC recruitment exercise demanded for HIV screening in the Medical Test. It was to be done only at a General Hospital.
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Glock9(m): 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
I believe I was once disqualified by one of the new generation banks because I have sickle cell.

I don't blame them. It's their loss.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by kpolli(m): 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
You can only get rejected if you fail the drug part, every other disease is documented in case of HMO and co.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adeleke University Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / For Unemployed Graduates ONLY / Please Is This Company Legit For Caregiver Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.