Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:38 PM

**™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** (958 Views)

The Nairaland Rapbattles Newbies' Tourney -- Sign-up Thread. / * * * Body Bag Entertainment: ~ Peindanzo Vs Obesemf ~ * * * / ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

**™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
[size=18pt]Iceskidd Vs PeinDanzo[/size]

Topic: Love Letter To Hip Hop
Write a love verse to woo Hiphop the girl your in love with incorporating the four elements (Mc/Dj/b-boy/graffiti) to win her heart.

Criteria
Rhymes - 2

Flow - 1

Creativity - 2

Imagery - 2

Emotion - 2 points

Consistency on Topic - 3

Entertainment - 2 points

*Explanation of how a person won and where both can improve would be appreciated.

Rules:
No recycling, biting, complaining, whining, swaying, free-posting or being a biitch in general.

12 bars Maximum = 24 Total Lines.

Due Date: Friday, December 04, 2015.

Time: 6:00PM

Good Luck!!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by PeinDanzo(m): 5:13am On Dec 03, 2015
smileyrevived

1 Like

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by francizy(m): 5:20am On Dec 03, 2015
Nice! Following..

Hope it'll be as good as Hip hop by DJ Khaled Ft Nas and Scarface... smiley

1 Like

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 03, 2015
francizy:
Nice! Following..

Hope it'll be as good as Hip hop by DJ Khaled Ft Nas and Scarface... smiley

Nwanne I know you mean well, but thread for battlers lipsrsealed * come we go chatroom, that where discussion take place cheesy*

1 Like

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by Iceskidd(m): 6:28am On Dec 03, 2015
eyah hardest topic ever checks though

1 Like

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by francizy(m): 7:02am On Dec 03, 2015
Adanna28:

Nwanne I know you mean well, but thread for battlers lipsrsealed * come we go chatroom, that where discussion take place cheesy*

LoL! OK, sorry for intruding..

1 Like

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by Iceskidd(m): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
dang peinDanzo where's you at nigga?

2 Likes

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by PeinDanzo(m): 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Show fast, let's post

1 Like

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by vicraven(m): 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
Adanna28:

Write a love verse to woo Hiphop the girl your in love with incorporating the four elements (Mc/Dj/b-boy/graffiti) to win her heart.

Criteria
Rhymes - 2

Flow - 1

Creativity - 2

Imagery - 2

Emotion - 2 points

Consistency on Topic - 3

Entertainment - 2 points

*Explanation of how a person won and where both can improve would be appreciated.

Rules:
No recycling, biting, complaining, whining, swaying, free-posting or being a biitch in general.

Good Luck!!! cheesy
nke m,tried to contact you... dont really know how to send a pm and stuff
Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by PeinDanzo(m): 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
Teacher-Now,we're gonna have a philosophy quiz, hope u all have read, u were informed yesterday about it

Milton- Hey Jo! Why don't we ditch this test and go check out the new thanos comics in the candy store?

Jo Qel- Nah,need to do this ..4 subjects with an F, can't make it 5. U can go though, I'll cover for you!

THIS IS NOT A LOVE LETTER ..

This pages are places I cannot explain/ Its razing n crazy, the bars to enslave/ We hazy, we fading, We gat to escape/ Its lazy,the baby , I Dated will hate this/

Am saying, The same bit..ch I loved rily greatly/
Like gravy, its plain meat To stop eating lately/
Date marie,or katie, They'll help ya in love/
Or maybe, date daises ..But never hip-hop/

But how it all started...

Hip-hop and me ..were a frolicking duo/ Come with crazy spray cans ..in grafiti, I was punishing pseudos/ Paint like deus ex machina to my pain, I loved getting kudos/ Energy filled, was stuffed with the glucose/ Vis-a-vis with diz niggas- forming we too know/ I got lost with this blacks like robinson crusoe/

Stuck with the loopholes ...My platoon raided tha clans/ MCS that spat bars too na..ked, now start to play dead when I calculated their plans/ Forced beyond their own will, had to apex my stats/ I was nick-named Anakin Skywalker ..cuz any son who came against me ...I amputated their hands/

Best DJ on the street too, pple started to hype the brother/
Alien nigga... I gave them high music on disks that were like flyin saucers/
And break-boys? Wasn't part? This lying suckers/
Are jez bastard hating/ I set the standard, ratings/ Was the best b-boy since the emergence of cavaleri/

But it sucks really much that after all that shii ..I end up just with this thoughts/
Rap's not the real stuff ..there may be hiphop in love but never love in hip-hop/
Thinkin its all gud to get the niggas cray and let your beats catch waves/
Well, hiphop's a .b...itch that doesn't care bou u- And Joe's about to learn it the hard way...

Teacher- Joe,wake up, give me the papers boy, text's over

Joe- What? It was just a dream?

Teacher- Don't make me have to repeat myself

Joe-Woah wait! I haven't written s...hit ,ma! Please!!!!

Teacher angrily snatches the paper from the poor boy's hands

Joe- Oh mehn! Fu...ck HIP-HOP!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by LhoOd: 11:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hun? ..

I'd murder this topic wit ease
Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 05, 2015
Feedback/Advice for PeinDanzo:
Kr0ne
Emaprince
Ibime
Airmark
Mikuz
Guykhena
Obesemf
007bruce
Elymaxiimus
Ksslib
Raplinx
Sinizia
Funlord

P.s Iceskidd did a No Show. Only PeinDanzo attempted to drop a verse.

( Apologies for the guys commenting under the thread, if I could delete I would have, out of my control)
Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by funlord(m): 3:29am On Dec 05, 2015
Mvgt; peindanzo

This line stood out!

"there may be hip-hop in love but never love in hip-hop/"

Complex and deep line! Too bad some of the other bars seem to have been stuck in traffic! I thought this was supposed to be an 'ode to hip hop'? It came of looking like a confused and angry break up with hip hop at some point!

Try to listen to a track by the chicago rapper "common" called "I used to love her" next time before you tackle such a theme! It would guide you!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by Guykhena(m): 9:46am On Dec 05, 2015
The verse was great,love the metz littered all over the verse,it made it interesting to read,kudos.

But wait, wasn't this the topic
to woo hiphop right And not necessarily narrate how messed up your relationship with hiphop is. Hehe you even made it the heading "This Is Not A Love Letter",in other words "Ya fvck your topic,I'm doing my own thing".

Most Netcees think its actually smart to deviate from the topic a little and bring something fresh to the table hoping that will make it more appealing to the Judges.
Sometimes it works,most times you end up shooting yourself in your own foot.

Believe you me,if iceskidd came with a below average verse but his was in line with the topic,I would have easily given him the W.

If you can display this form of lyricism ,I don't see why you couldn't work with the topic instead of doing your own thing. Next time pls try to be more in with the topic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by Iceskidd(m): 10:24am On Dec 05, 2015
i slept off waiting for him

1 Like

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by sinizia: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2015
Peindanzo wins this due to lack of competition from Iceskidd. He had a good verse, filled with puns and mets, but never really tackled the topic. He deviated from the main issue in discourse and sparsely talked about the topic one or two times. Pein, in the next round, too much straying away from the topic will cost you. Bring creativity to a topic is different thing from going off tangent from the topic being talked about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by PeinDanzo(m): 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
Iceskidd:
i slept off waiting for him

Lies lies lies,u were supposed to post 1st ..U didn't show throughout yesterday ..Anyways,the reason why I couldn't follow the topic is becuz I don't feel love or emotions bullshit, apologies to anyone!
Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by kr0ne(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
PeinDanzo is just lucky his opponent didn't bring enough heat in his own verse. You dropped a classic but completely ignored the given topic to form his own. The first rule of topical is consistency. Please, always ensure you obey this rule as ignoring it can cost you a battle.
Iceskidd actually dropped a verse here yesterday but I told him to withdraw it because Pein was offline. He would still have lost the game, anyway, because his verse was no match for his opponent's.

MVGT - Pein!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2015
Pein wins already there's nothing to vote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by vicraven(m): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2015
Adanna28:

Criteria
Rhymes - 2

Flow - 1

Creativity - 2

Imagery - 2

Emotion - 2 points

Consistency on Topic - 3

Entertainment - 2 points

Rules:

Good Luck!!! cheesy
... sent you an email... check your mail... its still very stale.... check it,check it! before i grow pale
Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 06, 2015
Thank you Judges, PeinDanzo proceeds to the next round. Thread Closed!
Re: **™The King Of Poets Tourney- Iceskidd Vs. Peindanzo™** by mikuz(m): 2:41am On Dec 06, 2015
Pein wins this.

1 Like

(1)

Let Us Vote For Justwise / Does Any Decent Emcee Wnt 2 Duel / Write A Verse On "that Snitch!" (best Lyricst Feature On The Song)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.