Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? (32013 Views)

Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet / 16 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Use Android Devices / Seven Things To Consider Before Buying A Tablet . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 7:21am On Dec 03, 2015
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate, it also seems to be what most Average Nigerians have settled for.

I don't understand what reasons are responsible for this act and would love to if someone could explain to me, but yet I'm 100% convinced already that there is not explanation for such.

Its Just so so akward for people to call a 7-inch device "My Phone" or "phone" self, using it to make calls by placing the full 7-inch on their face, and collecting people number with it, or even using whatsapp with it especially in public places like a bus! cos 7-inch device is obviously a tablet!! And tablets where built to serve a different purpose from Phones.

I just felt like letting this out of my mind. Please if you are among them, save money and buy a phone! Even if na touch lite. And keep your tab at home. Or use it in private for other stuffs, not as a regular phone. Its not proper.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by igraman(m): 7:27am On Dec 03, 2015
shoro niyen ...
I'm using tecno 7C tab. and its always mobile with me. I refuse to be compromised. carry your theory away from here now !

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by timbros(m): 7:32am On Dec 03, 2015
No one uses a tablet as 'primary' phone.

But then who cares if one uses a tablet for making calls? It's their device, it's their life.

OP you're in no position to say it's 'not proper'.

I sometimes use my 7incher to make calls too. Heck! I even make calls with my modem via laptop.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2015
timbros:
No one uses a tablet as 'primary' phone.

But then who cares if one uses a tablet for making calls? It's their device, it's their life.

OP you're in no position to say it's 'not proper'.

I sometimes use my 7incher to make calls too. Heck! I even make calls with my modem via laptop.
A lot of people uses a tablet as their 'primary' phone

Making calls is not the problem...placing such big device on their face is.......do you place the laptop on you face?...

34 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 7:41am On Dec 03, 2015
igraman:
shoro niyen ...
I'm using tecno 7C tab. and its always mobile with me. I refuse to be compromised. carry your theory away from here now !
This is no theory, its fact.

10 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by olymurphy(f): 8:36am On Dec 03, 2015
Their life their bizness

10 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by timbros(m): 8:46am On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

A lot of people uses a tablet as their 'primary' phone

Making calls is not the problem...placing such big device on their face is....do you place the laptop on you face...

There is no law prohibiting one to place his face on a device when making calls.

If it's not comfortable with you, it is for others. You don't tag it improper because it's not comfortable with you. One man's food, they say, is another man's poison.

... And yes, I place my face on my laptop to make calls when head/earphone is not handy.

20 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by timbros(m): 8:54am On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate, it also seems to be what most Average Nigerians have settled for.

I don't understand what reasons are responsible for this act and would love to if someone could explain to me, but yet I'm 100% convinced already that there is not explanation for such.

Its Just so so akward for people to call a 7-inch device "My Phone" or "phone" self, using it to make calls by placing the full 7-inch on their face, and collecting people number with it, or even using whatsapp with it especially in public places like a bus! cos 7-inch device is obviously a tablet!! And tablets where built to serve a different purpose from Phones.

I just felt like letting this out of my mind. Please if you are among them, save money and buy a phone! Even if na touch lite. And keep your tab at home. Or use it in private for other stuffs, not as a regular phone. Its not proper.

And to think you actually made these bolded statements! Wtf!

So I can't whatsapp with my tab in public? I should leave my tab at home? Is it a desktop computer? Save money to buy a phone? Do you even know how much most of this tabs cost in comparison to regular phones?

I give up!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by gabylzy(m): 9:03am On Dec 03, 2015
They are normal...ts a matter of choice

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin that thing dey kill me..them go put am for ear...con carry that big thing they snap
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 9:05am On Dec 03, 2015
What‘s a device that uses sim cards and has a screen called? PHONE

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 9:07am On Dec 03, 2015
timbros:

So I can't whatsapp with my tab in public? I should leave my tab at home? Is it a desktop computer? Save money to buy a phone? Do you even know how much most of this tabs cost in comparison to regular phones?

I give up!
no be desktop, na televisiongrin
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 03, 2015
It's really awkward making calls with a 7 incher. It is still understandable with earphones but placing it on the face? And some people think its normal.

10 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Youngpo413: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2015
For people with big hands.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by CallmeKola(m): 9:10am On Dec 03, 2015
The way some people spew ignorant and stupid comments is very annoying. If you don't think it's proper, keep it to yourself, it's your own business. I don't see it written anywhere that tablets are not supposed to be used publicly. It's just a retarded mentality. Abeg, different strokes for different folks.

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Cutehector(m): 9:11am On Dec 03, 2015
Some people like big gadgets... So its not a big deal...

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Naijji: 9:19am On Dec 03, 2015
The one wey dey pain me na ppl wey dey use tablet dey take pictures. For their mind dem dey form levels. Just use your phone dude. It's probably got a better camera than the tablet.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2015
Naijji:
The one wey dey pain me na ppl wey dey use tablet dey take pictures. For their mind dem dey form levels. Just use your phone dude. It's probably got a better camera than the tablet.

That is another issue bro. I went to s wedding last week and this chick was taking pictures with her iPad. She thought she was taking better pictures and was forming levels. I pulled out my phone, took a picture and showed her and she was amazed how good the picture turned out. This girl actually had an LG g3 which takes far better pictures than an iPad, but ignorance no let am. Tablets have cameras for emergency pictures only, but not for taking main pictures. That is why they all have low quality cameras compared to phones.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ednut1(m): 9:36am On Dec 03, 2015
bros he no concern u na. tell the manafucturers to disable the call option going forward na angry grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Eldorado01(m): 10:07am On Dec 03, 2015
[size=20pt]OP why do you use a device smaller than a tablet as phone

everyone has their choice

see my signature

[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 10:12am On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:
It's really awkward making calls with a 7 incher. It is still understandable with earphones but placing it on the face? And some people think its normal.
As in!!!
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 10:13am On Dec 03, 2015
Naijji:
Very true.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Idydarling(f): 10:14am On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
help me tell him please

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2015
Eldorado01:
[size=20pt]OP why do you use a device smaller than a tablet as phone

everyone has their choice

see my signature

[/size]

The answer is as simple as; cos the device smaller than a tablet is called a PHONE!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 10:24am On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
Idydarling:

help me tell him please
Look at what you are saying...So technically, A 18-inch galaxy View tablet is a phone?
[img]http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ZlF6MGNep3HEPwaysklRW-cfK1o=/0x1080/assets.volume.voxmedia.com/production/30b70aa7785834c165d545df476e6046/VRG_VHO_407_Samsung_galaxy_view_thumb.jpg[/img]

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector:
Some people like big gadgets... So its not a big deal...
most of those some think its the Bigger the Better

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2015
timbros:

I give up!
Sorry sir. You can as well use your laptop to browse in danfo

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2015
timbros:

There is no law prohibiting one to place his face on a device when making calls.

If it's not comfortable with you, it is for others. You don't tag it improper because it's not comfortable with you. One man's food, they say, is another man's poison.

... And yes, I place my face on my laptop to make calls when head/earphone is not handy.

I agree people have different choice, but that does not mean your choice can't be weird. Just as placing a laptop on your face is....
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 10:43am On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Look at what you are saying...So technically, A 18-inch galaxy View tablet is a phone?
[img]http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ZlF6MGNep3HEPwaysklRW-cfK1o=/0x1080/assets.volume.voxmedia.com/production/30b70aa7785834c165d545df476e6046/VRG_VHO_407_Samsung_galaxy_view_thumb.jpg[/img]
we both know this 18-inch tablet is not what i meant, and this tablet is not meant to be held like a tablet...it‘s gonna have something like a laptop bag..can you yourself call this a phone grin?

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 03, 2015
augster:

Wrong .Because a devices uses a sim card doesn't make it a phone. An iPad uses sim card but it'd not a phone, and that is why apple never included the GSM radio in their iPads, because they know people like u will mistake it for a phone .The sim card is strictly for internet . Even Samsung has stopped putting GSM radio in their tablets, and u can never find GSM radio on surface pro or Nokia lumia 2520 tablets. They all have sim cards but u can't make calls with them .U can't make calls with the nexus 9 or any other nexus tablets.

It is all these chinese phone makers that put gsm radio in their tablets just to attract customers . But what do u expect, these Chinese companies are ready to include any feature in their gadgets as gimmicks. They can add TV and even a cigarette lighter to their tablets.

22 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by kekakuz(m): 10:53am On Dec 03, 2015
O love my Inc . device
Ladies love the size
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2015
Na dem sabi. How e take concern me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing / A Nairalander Unboxes His Brand New BB OS 7.1 Device / 5 Must Have Accessories For Smartphone Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.