Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! (19497 Views)

Efcc Raises Alarm Over Alleged Recruitment Scam / NECO Recruitment Scam Alert! No Recruitment Campaign Online - NECO Warns / Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Rapmoney(m): 10:00am On Dec 03, 2015
As the rate of unemployment soars higher in Nigeria, some group of evil people have been going about major Nigerian cities as concerned Nigerians who are out to contribute to the solution of unemployment in the society!!!

These set of people have succeeded in utilizing various tactical and cunning ways to dupe innocent jobless graduates of their scarce resources! The most annoying part is that they mostly pose as very religious people; with well-pressed long-sleeved shirts, trousers with sharp edges, ties to match and this 'pastorish' look!

They mostly stand at street corners and busy places to distribute handbills and flyers to their 'prospective victims' wink

WAYS TO IDENTIFY THIS JOB RECRUITMENT SCAM:

1) It is advertized on the streets with handbills and flyers. Genuine jobs are never advertized that way.

2) You should know it is a scam because the agents that distribute the flyers must be jobless! I mean, what should a gainfully employed man be doing during office hours at street corners? Distributing job flyers? Don't they have family members and friends to offer jobs to?

3) They normally conduct interview sessions and still recruit that same day! How possible normally?

4) Everyone that attends the interview is recruited! How can 40 people show up for an interview and in the end, the entire 40 persons are taken for the job? So why the interview in the first place? That's a clear sign of scam!!! I hope Dukwe and his gang would be caught soonest!

5) They ask cheap and irrelevant questions during interviews; questions that do not test your ability or suitability for the said job!

6) They hardly have a specific line of business or a specific service they render to the public; their hands seem to be in every pie and bread!

7) They always have big promises to scam their supposed victims! Just know that you are on your way to be scammed when the supposed manager comes out wretched buy yet gives you too-good-to-be-true promises about the firm!!!

cool They always have one package or the other to sell to you! How can a genuine firm be selling useless packages to its employees as a way of staying in business or making profits? This clearly means that they don't have any genuine specific line of business!

You can add whatever you have noticed about job recruitment scams cheesy

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by frankay430(m): 10:09am On Dec 03, 2015
ok
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by frankay430(m): 10:09am On Dec 03, 2015
am telling u
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Those guys are GNLD scammers. They now full everywhere. Take your heel and run whenever you come across them. Else you fall their victim giving them your hard earned 10k or above. Guyz Beware!!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by olafum1(m): 11:39am On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by damton(m): 11:56am On Dec 03, 2015
Exploiting hapless unemployed Graduates is the height of Evil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by TopeQs: 11:58am On Dec 03, 2015
GNLD, SCAMMING NIGERIANS SINCE 1759...........grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Akynzodeighbour(m): 11:58am On Dec 03, 2015
any job u apply for and they get back to you less than 24hours is a scam,gnld or marketing people

3 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by yomalex(m): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2015
Hmm
Verified jobs are listed on www.jobsdome.com
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Ebay14(m): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2015
They are beginning to take over Port Harcourt..

4 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by MathsChic(f): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2015
Good one

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 03, 2015
In 2009, i was invited to Ojodu Berger for such an interview. After series of phone calls to them asking for direction, i arrived at the venue. I was looking my best in my black suit, well-polished original Italian black shoes, nice haircut, well-shaved beards and 212 perfume oozing out of my body. My heart sank into my stomach when i got into a shack they called an office; the wooden table they used as their office desk had seen worse days, at one corner inside the shack were used plates with gory sights of left-over amala and ewedu inside, at another corner was a broom struggling to hold empty pure water sachets, feathers and some other debris swept to a corner from being blow away by a President standing fan that sounded like Ambode helicopter.

Behind the table, were two men looking like the last survivors of kwashiorkor holocaust, through their half-buttoned shirts i could count the number of bones in their ribs as they practically looked like a rough sketch and i could see their aged heart trying to pump a few pints of blood through their frail skeletal system. The first man brought out an old long notebook, which was supposed to have a hard cover but i supposed the hard cover must have been used as a hand fan in times of power outage and i could only but imagine how hot that place would be. I asked them if they were the people i was talking with on the phone and they nodded in affirmative manner, offered me a plastic seat to seat while one took my details and the other opted to go fetch the manager.

The smell of my perfume brought a momentary respite to their nostrils from the stench coming out from all corners of the shack. Minutes later after they had asked a couple of lame questions and scribbled my response on their paper, the manager came out... Jeez.

To cut a very long story short, i demanded for my transport fare, i insisted that they must refund the money i spent on recharge cards calling them and ... But i realized i was dealing with people whose jobless condition was way worse than mine.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by ihatebuhari(f): 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
Pooooooo

Useless post

Even here in London, is advertized on the streets with handbills and flyers

3 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
When you receive a text message stating thus: "Based on refferal, you
have been selected for an interview . . . (by one company whose name
you are hearing for the first time)

angry

6 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
I second the post

2 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by ddddon(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
Arizona incorporated in Owerri another top notch scammers.

4 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Rawblings(m): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
True. GNLD
These guys keep wasting their money to print paper. An idle man is truly the devil's workshop

You'll see something like

Work 1 hour per day and get 8k per month.. In this country. When people work 18 hours a day and get just 10k.

OFFLINE SCAMMERS

ONLINE SCAMMERS are doing their own too

#fiverr
#freelancer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by bamac(m): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
There is one maan estate agent in Abeokuta..... CORRECT SCAM.... people in the street sef no know that company exist... 10k for licence fee which you must drop that day or you drop something as collateral... GIGANTIC SCAM THROUGH JIJI.COM

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by maximunimpact(m): 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
job seekers
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by trishapal(f): 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
I remember an interview I was invited for here in Lagos. The environment immediately told me it was a scam. When the haggard interviewers saw me, they felt intimidated as it was clear I wasn't a fresher but a gainfully employed person wanting to switch to another job. I noticed the looks on their faces when I told them my work history. I almost busted into laughter cos they were looking like they wanted to run away for fear of being arrested... I walked to my car majestically...

8 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by omoijesa(m): 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
9ce write Up OP Ure rightly said, even dough u use public address system 2 addresss this some maga will still fall prey .

3 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by 400billionman: 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
Multi LeveL Marketing kwo

Okay, waiting...

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Patented: 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
Yeah they say, "come for interview/job briefing"

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Rapmoney(m): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
FatokiFemi48:
Those guys are GNLD scammers. They now full everywhere. Take your heel and run whenever you come across them. Else you fall their victim giving them your hard earned 10k or above. Guyz Beware!!!
Not just GNLD bro...come to the south, it is taking another dimension! wink
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Trailblazer1(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
I help them waste the printed advert, because any time they give me the paper, I collect it from them and squeeze it and throw it away without reading the content inside.

2 Likes

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by 400billionman: 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
trishapal:
I remember an interview I was invited for here in Lagos. The environment immediately told me it was a scam. When the haggard interviewers saw me, they felt intimidated as it was clear I wasn't a fresher but a gainfully employed person wanting to switch to another job. I noticed the looks on their faces when I told them my work history. I almost busted into laughter cos they were looking like they wanted to run away for fear of being arrested... I walked to my car majestically...

Sister, you have a car.

Wow !!!
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by yemosticadam(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
SCAMMER....... WATCH!

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Blingblings(m): 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
They ask u to pay for form...

1 Like

Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Rapmoney(m): 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
Akynzodeighbour:
any job u apply for and they get back to you less than 24hours is a scam,gnld or marketing people
I dey tell u my broda! Some even beg u to attend interviews!!!
Re: The New Face Of Job Recruitment Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
that's how some useless people that I don't even know sent me an SMS last week to come for interview at Ikeja... I was like, how come? I never applied for any job, besides, I have never heard or seen the name of the useless organization that sent that text, so I ignored them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Section Library For Job-Seekers: Discussion Threads, Etc. / 5 Reasons Why There Will Be Few Federal Government Recruitments In 2019 / How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.