Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? (1456 Views)

Fasting On The Day Of Arafat: Sins Forgiven For Two Years / 12 Tips To Boost Your Salat / The Major Sins In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by Phemour: 4:29pm On May 29, 2009
Hausa man can just finish Gambling now and go to mosque with the intension of Salat Cleans Sins

They kill, Commit Adultery, Smoke Igbo. . . . but they have this respect for Salat, they leave all they are doing when they hear As-Salat.

Hausas Believe Salat Cleans Sins! Are They Right?
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by babs787(m): 4:42pm On May 29, 2009
@Phemour

Hausa man can just finish Gambling now and go to mosque with the intension of Salat Cleans Sins

A muslim does not indulge in gambling as it happens to be tool of shaitan:

[O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al­ Ansab, and Al­ Azlam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Satan's handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successfu[/b]l. [b]Satan wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drinks) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from the prayer. So, will you not then abstain?] (Al-Ma'idah 5:90-91).

They kill, Commit Adultery, Smoke Igbo. . . . but they have this respect for Salat, they leave all they are doing when they hear As-Salat.
Adultery has no place in Islam. A muslim doesnt indulge in all these.

Hausas Believe Salat Cleans Sins! Are They Right?

I disagree. Knowledgeable Hausas do not believe in that.
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by Phemour: 5:07pm On May 29, 2009
babs787:

I disagree. Knowledgeable Hausas do not believe in that.

Almost all Hausa seems to be knowledgeable as every hausa boy or girl must go to Islamiya, they value Islamiya than schools, which other Nigerian tribes find difficult to do.

They know Qur’an and they are also aware of your quotes but they just cant adhere to it
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by babs787(m): 5:52pm On May 29, 2009
@Phemour

Almost all Hausa seems to be knowledgeable as every hausa boy or girl must go to Islamiya, they value Islamiya than schools, which other Nigerian tribes find difficult to do.

Is going to Arabic school your yardstick for being knowledgeable? Do you say everybody is intelligent just because they go to school or everybody knows, understands English Language because they attend English Language classes?

They know Qur’an and they are also aware of your quotes but they just cant adhere to it.

Then that is not knowledge. A muslim follows the Quran, Hadith and Sunnah of the prophet (saw)
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by Abuzola(m): 9:13pm On May 29, 2009
@Phemour, the way u started this thread show how bias u are, kill and commit adultery! in every society there is bad egg
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by Abuzola(m): 9:22pm On May 29, 2009
The tribe in nigeria whose custom is imitated from the Quran is the hausa, so what are u saying big bros
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by Abuzola(m): 9:31pm On May 29, 2009
Yes salat cleanse sin xcept major sin, are u still doubting or u need a proof ?
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by Phemour: 12:49pm On May 30, 2009
@Phemour, the way u started this thread show how bias u are, kill and commit adultery! in every society there is bad egg

and thats why i justified everything

Phemour:

Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 30, 2009
Femi aburo mi,
Bawo ni. I was in Offa last week. I would have come to visit you if you were also around.

Over to your question, I don't think you're right. The reason why you thought that was that, salat has become part of almost 100% hausa people, including those engage in sinful acts of gambling, smoking weeds etc.
Smoking, prostituting, gambling etc are definitely not good but at least they have a mark in salat. And they are still better than a non-smoker who doesn't pray, but the better is to keep all Allah's rule; salat, character, and other do's and refrain from all don'ts.

May Allah help us.
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by olabowale(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2009
Islam is more than a single tribe. No tribe on earth can claim this noble religion for itself. No people can claim Muhammad for themself. Makkan or Madinan can not.

On one hand Allah warns about the Big sins. But also the little sins are not without its graveness. However, a person who observes Salah on time is a person that I will not outright call a "disbeliever!" Proofs; Read Surah Baqarah, verse 3 is an indication of the importance of Salah. Muhammad (AS) states that the difference between a believer (muslim, even though I agree that it is Mumin) is Salah. When a person performs Salah, it is an indication that there is belief in his heart.

I will illustrate the mercy of Allah through Muhammad (AS) by a situation in Madina, during the lifetime of our nobliest of prophets (AS). A man used to drink and the other companions asked the prophet, after the commandment that alcohol is forbidden, if they could  weep him. The prophet said no. In time they came back and asked the same question, again of the same man. The answer was the same. They came back, again, until the prophet (as) told them that that person loved Allah and His Messenger. This was the reply that they got, which finally put the whole issue of intending to weep him to rest.

Further, a man in Madina used to be a very bad person, with all kind of evil actions. But when this man died, they did not report his death to the prophet, for the people did not want the prophet to go and conduct his funeral prayer. However, Jibril came to inform the prophet (AS) that he must do so. When he performed the funeral, he asked te people why he was informed of a death in Madina, except Malaika Jibril came to tell him? They related the evil acts of the man, who was not really known to the prophet. Though a companion (RA), but was not a close companion known to the beloved prophet.

Muhammad (AS) was curious and wanted to know what was so special about this man that the Arch-Angel Jibril (AS) had to come to inform him of his death and the commandment from Allah to perform the Janazah prayer on him. His wife came to the prophet in the company of the esteemed sahabah (RA). The prophet asked her about the late man; his nature, etc. His widow informed the prophet that though the man was very hard hearted, having a rough nature by his toughness, etc, but when the month of Ramadan comes in, he used to recluse himself by being secluded in his residence, etc, praying supplicating and asking Allah for forgiveness, with letting his tongue dry up from the worship of the Most merciful and Oft-Forgiving.

The man's action is a culmunation of fear of Allah and longing for His Love and Mercy and Forgiveness. We must never forget that in Surah Al Maidah that Allah says that if people do not make sins and seek forgiveness from Him, He is capable of producing other people, (Americans and people in the New World whose immediate bloodlines are not islamic, and people like my darling Zainab who is the first of her family to be Muslim)anew who will become Muslim, loving Allah much and Allah loving them back in return.

For me and in my little understnding, the fact that a people are by head count are muslims do not indicate understanding of Islam. The newest member of the Muslim community could be by Allah's permission a person that will be immensely endowed with sound islamic knowledge. A knowledge that is not put into practice, for me is no knowledge, but a burden, like the burden to donkey which carries a load of good books, and it is the least in knowledge.

Lets pray to Allah for ourselves and our brothers and sisters who are deficient in whatever aspect of islam that they are deficient in. Let pray for others who are not muslims and from our bloodlines to accept Islam before it is too late. lets pray for our community members, and indeed the whole of mankind, that allah open their breasts to Islam. I know that many will not accept, but there is no sin from us, if we wish mankind well.

Allah may reward us for our lofty goal. I remember a friend telling a story from the time of Musa (AS). A woman was barren, and wanted a cild, at least. So she asked Musa to ask Allah for her. Allah told Musa that He did not record children for her. So that you may know the Mercy of Allah is immense, and that Allah will not change the condition of a people until they begin the process of hanging their own condition.

So Musa told this woman that Allah said that He did not record any children for the woman. The woman was inspired by Allah to tell Musa that he should tell Allah that if He Allah gives Children to this barren slave, which Illah will ask Him, why He permits her to have any chidren. When Musa told his Lord, even though Allah knew the end of His decision, before revealing it. He told Musa that he should tell the woman, who is a true believer, having all her trust in Allah that she will not only have a child, but Allah has recorded 20, in her account.

Such is the greatness and mercy of Allah on believers. We should not forget the situation of Umar bin Khattab conversion to Islam. The prophet prayed that Allah blesses Islam with oneof the two Umars. Allah knows the heart of bin Khattab (RA), who became Muslim, at the end of the day, while he woke up with the intension of killing the prophet (AS). Yet the other Umar was Umar Abu Hisham commonly known as Abu Jahal, who died as a disbeliever in the Battle of Badr. he was a relation of the prophet.

Can we not be hopeful that Allah forgives all sins? I remember a Khutbar that I heard on the day of Id Adha. The Imam in Brooklyn's Abu Hanifah's Masjid, expressed the importance of slaughter during this occasion. Though it is a sunnah, but is a sunnah made compulsory on believers. It is a sunnah in the footstep of Ibrahim (AS).

The Imam said that if a person slaughter an animal, Allah will forgive him/her a sin that he/she might have surely be casted into the fire of hell to be purified before going to Paradise. The Mercy of Allah covers all, and even allows disbelievers to tirn yo belief.
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by Phemour: 12:38pm On May 31, 2009
[i]Femi aburo mi,
Bawo ni. I was in Offa last week. I would have come to visit you if you were also around.[/[/i]quote]
I'm not in offa big brother, i'm in Dutse, jigawa state. we go meet naaa kiss
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by justnaby: 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2009
Salam, Alhamdulillah that they pray! Imagine how bad it will be if they didnt. Read my post on the Importance of Salat and maybe it will shed more light. May Allah forgive our sins. Amiin!
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by focused123(m): 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
How can salat cleanses sin ? All these Muhammedans never cease to surprise me shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It is God that can forgive and cleanse you from all sin after repentance and forsaking those sins.
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by olalekan1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 07, 2009
focused123:

How can salat cleanses sin ? All these Muhammedans never cease to surprise me shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It is God that can forgive and cleanse you from all sin after repentance and forsaking those sins.
God ordered we muslims to perform salat and by doing so according to salat rules and regulation. Your sins wil be forgiven by ALmighty Allah.
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by Lagosboy: 7:15pm On Dec 07, 2009
Salah doesnt clean sins on its own not at all. Salah is a wajib act which every muslim has to do. Salah should help in warding of a man from sins" ,  Inna salata tanha an al fahsha wa al munkar . .  . . ." Verily salah wards of lewd acts and evil actions" Q29. That is what the quran says and not cleansing.

We should note that there is a difference between forgiveness and cleaning of sins or expiation. Asking for forgiveness enables forgiveness and expiation of sins comes in different ways. Small sins could be removed by wudhu according to the hadith of the prophet PBUH. While big sins could be cleansed though trials and tribulations some. The prophet said in a hadith that no harm afflicts a mulsim even as small like the pricking of the body by thorns but some sins are removed.

When Allah commanded us to pray in surah taha he said "Inna ni Ana Allaha La ilaha ila Ana, fa aqimi salata li dhikr" VErily I am Allah . there is no god besides ME , so establish salah for my remembrance". Note he did not say establish salah for forgiveness.

Having said this, muslims go extra mile during salah and when in sujud the ask for forgiveness and say " Subuhana rabil a'la faghfirili" and also make dua for forgiveness on the last sajda. This request for forgivenes is the seeking of forgiveness and not the basic salah requirements.

The subject of forgivenes is a very wide topic that cannot be elaborated simply on this forum.

Wallahu a'lam
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by muhsin(m): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2009
Salam,

As a Hausa, I ought to have come up here earlier. . .lol!

Thanks bros for the lucid explanations.

May Allah bless you abundanly.
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by No2Atheism(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

The subject of forgivenes is a very wide topic that cannot be elaborated simply on this forum.

See dodging . . . . grin grin grin grin

- There is nothing to elaborate . . . it does not take an encyclopedia for someone to tell you he or she forgives you . . .

- So why do you need elaboration for something so simple and straight forward.

- The bottom line is that there is No Salvation in Islam . . . hence the constant begging of Allah to forgive your sins . . . that you muslims constantly do.
Re: Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? by muhsin(m): 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2009
No2Atheism:

- The bottom line is that there is No Salvation in Islam . . . hence the constant begging of Allah to forgive your sins . . . that you muslims constantly do.

. . .as far as you know. Period!

(1) (Reply)

Schoolgirl, 14, Goes Missing After 'converting' To Islam / Mut' Ah Marriage? / Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.