Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? (4584 Views)

We Failed To Learn From Biafran War — Ekweremadu / Amnesty Accuses Nigerian Army Of Killing At Least 17 Unarmed Biafran Separatists / President Mugabe Again With The Right Answer To Amanpour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
Let's be sincere here with ourselves, in the 16 years of PDP government in Nigeria the only position Igbos did not hold was just the presidency. We have had about five senate presidents, Deputy senate president, Deputy Speaker, the Army Chief, Immigration Boss, the Prison Boss, Central Bank Governor, Ministers in key ministries of power, finance, education, petroleum and health etc. What has Igboland got to show for these positions other than installation of one Chieftaincy title or the other? Let me ask again; as much as the majority of our complaints are genuine, are we not part of our problems?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by iliyande(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:
Let's be sincere here with ourselves, in the 16 years of PDP government in Nigeria the only position Igbos did not hold was just the presidency. We have had about five senate presidents, Deputy senate president, Deputy Speaker, the Army Chief, Immigration Boss, the Prison Boss, Central Bank Governor, Ministers in key ministries of power, finance, education, petroleum and health etc. What has Igboland got to show for these positions other than installation of one Chieftaincy title or the other? Let me ask again; as much as the majority of our complaints are genuine, are we not part of our problems?

help me ooo

1 Like

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by amnesty7: 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
All reasonable Igbo people know the truth. The problem is those with small pikin sense, no matter their age.

7 Likes

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:
ask the north what they hv to show for the number of years they've ruled nigeria....simpleton

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
BADNEAT:
ask the north what they hv to show for the number of years they've ruled nigeria....simpleton
Calm down bro. All I'm trying to say is; secession isn't the answer. 99% of problems Igbos are facing are core Igbo leaders themselves. Once a good attitude is employed, Igboland will be a haven. Why it pains me is that vulnerable people pay the price of this agitation. Its a pity.

11 Likes

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by BlackSEER(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
amnesty7:
All reasonable Igbo people know the truth. The problem is those with small pikin sense, no matter their age.

one Nigeria na by force. I thought igbos are the problems of Nigeria. why not allow them to go?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by rottennaija(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:

Calm down bro. All I'm trying to say is; secession isn't the answer. 99% of problems Igbos are facing are core Igbo leaders themselves. Once a good attitude is employed, Igboland will be a haven. Why it pains me is that vulnerable people pay the price of this agitation. Its a pity.

It's just igbo problems alone. It's the problem of the whole Nigeria. It's just 2 classes that exist, the rich and the poor. In every state of the federation, you will notice that

6 Likes

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by northvietnam(m): 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
firstly buhari made a mistake by arresting Nnamdi KANU , some people now saw the opportunity to raise dust with that
secondly , during the past 16 years of PDP, north had two vp's and a president, senate President and speaker house, headed armed forces. even presidential kitxhet cabinet. why will buhari show the world his hatred towards the east with his appointments.
trouble dey sleep iyanga go wake am.

Oya blinded mofooos come and masturbate oooooo. by misquoting

4 Likes

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by BiafranAvatar(m): 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:

Check the foundation of Nigeria, thats why I say that getting Igbo presidency wont change a dine, it will only give us the chance to follow the queue of failed regions after presidency...

Wanna know why South East is agitating for Biafra?

Our so called leaders are doing nothing and I mean absolutely nothing, they only go to Abuja to collect the silly allocation and with even the little they have, they go ahead and diverts it to their personal pus and live the masses in shallow mess and no one can dare protest against them...

The only reason they're afraid of Biafra like its actualization is bringing forte their death warrants is because in Biafra the masses can easily revolt against bad governance while you can't peacefully do that without getting live bullets in Nigeria so with this I tell you that every leader from south east is programmed to favour the central government not their subjects... do otherwise and have your arse to flame with falsified accusation to see to your downfall!!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by kingbasil: 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
BlackSEER:

one Nigeria na by force. I thought igbos are the problems of Nigeria. why not allow them to go?

I thought if you hate someone so much you would do everything possible to cut association with them Why is nigeria not letting go of the old eastern region Or is it that the country cannot survive without them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by IGBOPRINCE: 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:

is it the igbo leaders that s stopping them from dredging the river niger ? Or imo river in the east ? Is it the igbo leaders? Why is coal abandoned in enugwu for the last decade? Why is our federal roads bad and worst than that of the north?
So the igbo leaders re the problems?
Pls quote me so that I can learn more.

Yeye dey hang sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by judiciarypalava: 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
First understand the point, evenly distribution of key positions by election first and appointment for proper representation.
Check your google for pattern of distribution in the past. For example, whenever the president is from the North, the INEC boss will be from the South, vise versa.
Now what do we have;

President - North(by election)
Senate president- North( by national assembly rule)
Speaker HOR- North ( by house rule)
***SGF- North( by appointment)*** this is where the problem is. If the Igbos has missed out on Senate presidency because we do not have any APC senator from the East. Ideally, to balance the equation, l think a competent president would have used this to quell the agitation by appointing an Igbo man that commands authority to effectively control whatever might crop up like this MASSOB or IPOB.
Other appointments notwithstanding, and when we complained he said he will compensate during ministerial appointment. And by constitutional provision, ministers are one per state.

1 Like

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by TechRev: 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
BiafranAvatar:

Check the foundation of Nigeria, thats why I say that getting Igbo presidency wont change a dine, it will only give us the chance to follow the queue of failed regions after presidency...

Wanna know why South East is agitating for Biafra?

Our so called leaders are doing nothing and I mean absolutely nothing, they only go to Abuja to collect the silly allocation and with even the little they have, they go ahead and diverts it to their personal pus and live the masses in shallow mess and no one can dare protest against them...

The only reason they're afraid of Biafra like its actualization is bringing forte their death warrants is because in Biafra the masses can easily revolt against bad governance while you can't peacefully do that without getting live bullets in Nigeria so with this I tell you that every leader from south east is programmed to favour the central government not their subjects... do otherwise and have your arse to flame with falsified accusation to see to your downfall!!!

Thank you my dear for teaching the naive. Simply put, those in position in restored Biafra wont mess up cause there will be no Federal police from Abuja to protect them. Biafrans will be their police and army, and they know who is who.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by LadyExcellency: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
Do you know that almost every structure and investment in the Southeast was bombed to stone age during the war? Do you know that the FG promised to rebuild, reconstruct and rehabilitate the region to sustain livelihood and investment? Why is it that none was implemented

Do you know the cause and why Igbo youths migrate to other regions of Nigeria in droves? There are no structures to sustain their livelihood except individual investments and projects over there in southeast.

Your definition and thoughts about the demands of Biafrans are parochial and inconsiderate. You and your ilks fight the resurgence of Biafra to avoid any form of negotiation with FG to avoid any extra budgetary advantage when of a truth the region lack every federal presence except revenue collection agencies.

Can you imagine that 98% of businesses and 95% of the investments in Southeast are owned by Southeasterners?

There are marginally no investors or infrastructure the FG can boast of hence the people needs independence. Let them govern themselves since the FG has an unwritten mandate to underdevelop their region by reaping them off through taxation and control of their resources.

Buhari collected $2,1billion to rebuild the northeast when the rehabilitation and reconstruction of bombed eastern region is still being awaited after 45 years.

Freedom is what Easterners need, freedom they will get.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by size40: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:
Brother, I like ur reasoning here. But u equally did not realised that the Igbos also had the presidency in this 16 years because GEJ whom they claimed is a Biafran was a President for 6 years. They called GEJ their own. They renamed GEJ's name from Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to Goodluck "Ebere" Jonathan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by shaqhead: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
rottennaija:

It's just igbo problems alone. It's the problem of the whole Nigeria. It's just 2 classes that exist, the rich and the poor. In every state of the federatiohn, you will notice that
You are right u kno but instead of d poor picking up stones like Amaechi said we shd, we either go grovelling at the feet of d elites or we bark at the wrong tree and end up payin dearly.

The OP has asked a valid question that has been asked at different fora and within his "nonsense" lies some sense!

1 Like

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by wasco24: 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
I share the pains of the South easterners

But if you look very well you will understand stand that what ordinary man(woman) in the East is facing is the same the thing those in the South south, South West, North East, North West and North central is facing

Our promise are the elites

1 Like

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by wordcat(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
What u listed above is a general problem so don't single Igbos out as if the other parts are doing well

2 Likes

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by ruffcoin99(m): 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by xmich(m): 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
JUST IN; MY TODAY IS BETTER THAN YESTERDAY - ANITA OYAKHILOME

www./2015/12/just-in-my-today-is-better-than.html?m=1
Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by DaBullIT(m): 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ask them
Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by 4giveand4get: 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:

IPOB said that delta, cross river, rivers, bayelsa and akwa ibom are part of biafra, then it is clear that biafran ruled from 2009 to 2015 and they never complained of marginalization or agitated for biafran state. Now a northerner is ruling, evil nnamdi kanu is telling them that biafra is being marginalized. Only a fool will believe his evil intentions. Onye igbo obuna so na otu IPOB bu onye ntaji anya, onye anya ukwu. Ekwensu ji ndi IPOB aru oru na alaigbo.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:

Have sense first, then use it to release Nnamdi KANU who you granted bail a month ago... Nobody is asking for Biafra! All out investments are in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by unclejb2(m): 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:
when the real revolution starts, these criminals from the SE will be the first victims.

1 Like

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by unclejb2(m): 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
4giveand4get:

IPOB said that delta, cross river, rivers, bayelsa and akwa ibom are part of biafra, then it is clear that biafran ruled from 2009 to 2015 and they never complained of marginalization or agitated for biafran state. Now a northerner is ruling, evil nnamdi kanu is telling them that biafra is being marginalized. Only a fool will believe his evil intentions. Onye igbo obuna so na otu IPOB bu onye ntaji anya, onye anya ukwu. Ekwensu ji ndi IPOB aru oru na alaigbo.....
Aghotara m na i bu onye nzuzu. Ezigbo onye iberibe na kwa onye ara.

4 Likes

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:

my own Brother....the last time I checked the people of Eastern Nigeria have not taken up arms against Nigeria.....They've been protesting openly and peacefully only to be ambushed and used for a shooting practice by the Nigerian Force.....you cannot continue to keep people who do not want to stay with u...u cannot continue to hold them hostage like the slaves of isreal....Pharoah should let my people go!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by dialfa: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:

I will answer you sincerely. Holding positions in the zoo can never benefit Igbos.

You can put Igbos in all positions from president of the zoo to low level civil servants, it will all be zoo jobs. Infact, the zoo has not and will never benefit any tribe. Ask the north that has had power for years.

You see, the problem is not with political positions but the zoo itself. The zoo is holding back our progress.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by zendy: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ambjosh:

These positions don't mean anything as long as we Igbos are still in Nigeria. Nigeria does not work as a nation. Even if you took all the top posts in Government and gave it to Igbos or any tribe in Nigeria, nothing will come of it because Nigeria simply does not work. It's not every time that big units work. Sometimes, it is much better to split the bigger unit into smaller units that might work. We have given Nigeria 55 years to work and nothing has come of it. Common sense would suggest we try something new to see if it will work. That new thing is Biafra

5 Likes

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by fizziea(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
hmmm
Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by Blackfire(m): 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
I said it on this forum, pls let this nnamdi kanu go, u are playing right into there hands... One they are now been sympatised, greedy countries are waying there options, now they(ipob) are been used as shooting games, the world is taking note. Like a hydra snake ,another set of people will rise, and believe u me, they will raise arm to defend and offend.
I hope u know they ve a particular market in the east that import arms?.
This aint 1967. I beg who care to listern, let this guy go.he is attracting attention.... I dont support biafra,not then or now,or later.
*dusting my passport*

1 Like

Re: Could Any Sincere Biafran Give Answer To This? by keally: 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
4giveand4get:

. Ibu efulefu, nwa oseaka. Ibu onye ndufu. I kpuru isi. Kwee ka Chukwu meghe anya gi.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) / Olawepo-hashim Cautions Buhari, APC Over Attack On Judiciary / Politician That Destroyed 10 Boreholes He Constructed After Losing An Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.