Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? (1324 Views)

Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? / Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? / Osun Orisha ~ Learn How To Worship The Goddess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by God2man(m): 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
God is God. Period. Full stop. No comma, No question.

It is very difficult to acknowledge God. Very very difficult.

Since time immemorial, great men had been confused about the existence of true God. In the book of Acts 17: 16 to 34. Here, Paul met the Greek Philosophers, Three to four hundred years before, this was the home of the greatest philosphers of the world , Aristotle, Epicurus and Zeno have taught in Athens. Paul was provoked when he saw these philosophers creating gods out of their own imaginations and worshipping what they made with their own hands. This is foolishness.

Paul met Epicurean and Stoic Philosophers,
Epicurean after their founder , Epicurus (324-270 B.C) believed that pleasure was the source of happiness in life. Epicureans did not believe in any gods except in name.
Stoics, after Zeno their founder believed that man was the centre of all things, they believed in gods, and that no good came from gods, good is no virtue, man should be self controlled.
They both denied the teachings of Paul the Apostle, the concept of ressurection was very strange to these philosophers.
So, Paul was brought before the Areopagus , Mars hill or the hill of mars, the most sacred Court for public discussion in the Gentile world.
The Athenians spent their time to tell or hear some new thing. They wanted to learn about this new thing.

Acts 17: 22, 23 Then Paul stood in the midst of Areopagus and Said, " Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious.
For as I passed by and observed your objects of Worship, I found an altar with this inscription,
' TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.'
Therefore, the One whom you worship in ignorance, Him I declare to you.
Verse 24: " The God who made the world and all things in it He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
Verse 25: Nor is He worshipped with men's as though He needed anything, Since he gives life to all, breath and all things.
Now verse 28, 29 " for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own POETS have said, ' For we are also His offspring.'
"Therefore, Since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like unto gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man."

The wisest of men is foolishness before God. They were great philosophers yet they were ignorant of the true God. They knew that an Unknown God exist but they could not use all the knowledge to discover the true God. What a pity!

I

Thank God for the grace of God in the life of Apostle
Paul that opened the eyes of certain men in verse 34 That believed the gospel, Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

Whether we like it or not we cannot escape from God, in Him, We live, and move, and have our being.
He gave us life and breath, he is continually giving them to us, his providence is continued creation: he holds our souls in life; every moment of our breath, he gave it to us every second. It is not only his air that we breath in, it is in his hands that our breath is.

He gives to all small and great mammals. Every thing have their life and breath from him.

He has determined the times that are concerning us. Time is changing before men but God has fixed them.
Our times are in his hands, to increase or reduce. to embitter or sweeten.
He is the sovereign disposers of all the affairs of the children of men.
He has determine and appointed the time of our coming to this world, and the time of our continuous existence in this world. Our time to be born. Our time to die.

Glory be to the name of the Lord.

I think a wise man should fear somebody who has the power to kill him and make him live.

Fear God.

Worship him, Praise him, thank him for sparing your life to this day.

The problem with Christians is that we are to quick to jump into Praises, we should spent quality time in deeper worship, more deeper in worship than praises, we will experience the presence of God more in worship than praises.

We are debtors, sinners and an ingrate, if we failed to Worship, praise or thank him.

No matter how many time you thank him, you are still ungrateful.

Let the praises of God continually be in your mouth.

Worship him from him from your heart of heart. Let the praises of God flow from your spirit to the throne of God. Let your life be lightened by his face.

You may think God has not done anything for you, or God has not done enough, Still Worship him, thank him, Remember the story of Paul and Silas.

Worship God more than Praises today and see your situations change for the best.

God bless you.
God2man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
Yeah, it feels good to him. Tickles his balls.
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Cutehector(m): 11:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Yeah, it feels good to him. Tickles his balls.
what tickles the balls of satan, the devil.
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector:
what tickles the balls of satan, the devil.
thats gay.. angry angry
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Cutehector(m): 11:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

thats gay.. angry angry
yeah ah knw right.. Its gona be epic bangin him right in the ass
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Strawman: 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Lol the guy above me just trolled a troll cheesy
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector:
yeah ah knw right.. Its gona be epic bangin him right in the ass
angry sad
leave my God's buttocks alone.. you Christian angry
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Cutehector(m): 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

angry sad
leave my God's buttocks alone.. you Christian angry
loool... I find his ass sexy..
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector:
loool... I find his ass sexy..
he likes your ass too embarassed
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Cutehector(m): 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

he likes your ass too embarassed
we like each odas ass... cool
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
Cutehector:
we like each odas ass... cool
Yeah, you're both asswipes. grin grin
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Cutehector(m): 12:00am On Dec 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Yeah, you're both asswipes. grin grin
so u must be a fan of us.. cheesy. I am hector.. Nice to meet u
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 04, 2015
Cutehector:
so u must be a fan of us.. cheesy. I am hector.. Nice to meet u
hehee. nice to meet you too.
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Cutehector(m): 12:03am On Dec 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

hehee. nice to meet you too.
so, hav u met sukirat. She is one hell of a demoness...
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 04, 2015
Cutehector:
so, hav u met sukirat. She is one hell of a demoness...
Suki? the one that likes to suck balls? A'mam'ya now... my man, you don waka for underworld well well o.. choi.. cheesy
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by winner01(m): 12:05am On Dec 04, 2015
Great thread!!!, please ignore the disturbed fellows that commented above me. There are reasons why parents dont always want kids to have their ways. One of those reasons is clearly vivid in the above.

Great thread again, We should worship till it becomes a natural activity for the heart.
Mary said "my soul magnifies the Lord". What other feeling could be better.

God bless you.
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Cutehector(m): 12:06am On Dec 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Suki? the one that likes to suck balls? A'mam'ya now... my man, you don waka for underworld well well o.. choi.. cheesy
hahaha.. I knw right... Mehn i need more cool babes down thr.. Hw do i dial dem
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 04, 2015
Cutehector:
hahaha.. I knw right... Mehn i need more cool babes down thr.. Hw do i dial dem
666-2-4k-4k-3Cum.. only interuniversal card accepted.
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Cutehector(m): 12:09am On Dec 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

666-2-4k-4k-3Cum.. only interuniversal card accepted.
and how do i get this card
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 04, 2015
Cutehector:
and how do i get this card
on your birthday. grin
i don tire. goodnight.
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 04, 2015
for op mind... email thread dry move.
Re: Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? by God2man(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
Alade ogo oooo
Alade ogo ooooo

Alade ogo ooooo
Alade ogo oooooo

Baba mi olowo gbo. gbo.ro

Oba nla to ngba omo re ninu ofin.

Eleti gba ro ye

A ri ro ala Olorun mi

Kabiosi

Eru je je to n mi Igbo kijikiji ooo

O ng be inu wundia fo hun.

Alade ogo ooo

Baba mi. Eleburu like

Gbani gbani ta n sa ya

O gbe ninu wundia sola

Ekun oko Pharaoh.
Iba re baba
Iba re omo
Iba re Olorun E mimo

Olorun giga

Olorun to to bi Ju lo

Eni to ngbe ibi giga

Eni ti ko se fi ara we ooo

A l'aso fun fun
Oniwa fun fun
Oninu fun fun

Alade ogo ooooo

Olorun iyanu

A to f'ara ti bi oke

E ni ti o tobi ju lo

Olorun ti ko se ba f' igba ka GBA

Mo juba l'odo ree oo eee

Oba akoda
Oba aseda

Ki lose ooooo

O gbe ogo k'ari ogoooo

Alade ogo ma wo le.

(1) (Reply)

Devil or a devil , john 6:70 ? / 7 Misconceptions About Atheists / This Is How Jesus Christ Is Turning Away From Most Pastors[pix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.