Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? (3033 Views)

Two Things I Know About Yoruba Girls And Igbo Guys / 3 Things You Should Expect While Going Into A Relationship / Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by Yahidatiff(f): 3:12am On May 30, 2009
I have recently started dating an Igbo man. He is intelligent, kind and most importantly he is God fearing. I have never dated an African Man before so I’m just looking for a little insight about Igbo men. I have received so much stereotypical information from friends of minds who have never dated an African man. So all I’m asking for is a little helpful information about Igbo men.
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by C2H5OH(f): 3:14am On May 30, 2009
Few questions before I can answer you

Are you white?
Are you African American?
Do you have kids?

What kinds of stereotypical information have you received?
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by Sissy3(f): 3:26am On May 30, 2009
nothing special, they are just like any other men or African man. there are good ones, bad ones and ugly ones among them as it is with every man from every tribe
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by ladykool(f): 3:31am On May 30, 2009
~Sissy~:

nothing special, they are just like any other men or African man. there are good ones, bad ones and ugly ones among them as it is with every man from every tribe
i agree with these oo cheesy cheesy
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by Yahidatiff(f): 3:36am On May 30, 2009
I am an African American Women and no i have no children. The stereotypical statements i have heard are that they are very abusive toward women
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by Sissy3(f): 3:41am On May 30, 2009
Yahidatiff:

I am an African American Women and no i have no children. The stereotypical statements i have heard are that they are very abusive toward women

only stupid and brainless men are abusive towards women and it is not an igbo or african man sydronme as you can testify to since you are AA, cuz AA men, white men are also abusive.

so no need to find a general traits among igbo men cuz everyone of them is different. so you just need to find out of what type of person you guy is alone.
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by C2H5OH(f): 3:48am On May 30, 2009
~Sissy~:

only stupid and brainless men are abusive towards women and it is not an igbo or african man sydronme as you can testify to since you are AA, cuz AA men, white men are also abusive.

ROTFLMAO .
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by C2H5OH(f): 3:49am On May 30, 2009
Yahidatiff:

Has he been abusive toward you so far?
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by Uche2nna(m): 3:50am On May 30, 2009
Yahidatiff:

I am an African American Women and no i have no children. The stereotypical statements i have heard are that they are very[b] abusive toward women[/b]

Coming from an AA, that sounds really funny  cheesy U seem to forget Tyrone in a hurry  undecided
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by Yahidatiff(f): 4:21am On May 30, 2009
No he has never been abusive towards me or unkind
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by Sissy3(f): 4:24am On May 30, 2009
Yahidatiff:

then u have no issue. just work on ways to better your relationship.

if you can learn how to cook igbo foods
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by C2H5OH(f): 4:26am On May 30, 2009
Uche2nna:

Coming from an AA, that sounds really funny  cheesy U seem to forget Tyrone in a hurry  undecided
ROTFL haba now.

Yahidatiff:

Then you don't exactly have anything to worry about yet do you?   He has been a good man to you.  Focus on that and do whatever you can do within your power to make your relationship work.  If he starts being abusive (if any man abuses you) then you might need to take a step back.
For now concentrate on being comfortable with one another.
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by Igwe9(m): 10:45am On May 30, 2009
@ poster
It depends on what you want and have to offer in the relationship, if you'd want it to end in marriage, I  would advice you get  him to introduce you to his people/relations and be ready to relocate to Nigeria with him if situation comes calling. cool
Nevertheless, nothing works better than what you are absolute comfortable with, but we can't really say the same when it comes to the thing of the heart.
Just try learn how to cook bitter leaf soup and many others smiley
Good luck and welcome dear!
smiley
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by SamMilla1(m): 9:31am On May 31, 2009
I dont know what you expect to hear but i can tell you that you are one lucky lady.
If you can be able to capture an Igbo man who loves you,
Then you wont worry about anything because they are usually hardworking and passionate.
But in the case of vice versa, I would run if i were you.
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by C2H5OH(f): 9:36am On May 31, 2009
Who is vice versa grin roflma
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by vinja: 10:59am On May 31, 2009
@Poster is
There anytng special in datng an igbo man
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by whitelexi(m): 11:07am On May 31, 2009
Word of advice?

Just dont front! smiley

Not sure u'll get a 2nd chance after that tongue
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by MaiSuya(m): 12:06pm On May 31, 2009
From the little I know of them, it appears they take care of their spouses pretty well.
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by Oxone(m): 1:41am On Jun 01, 2009
Mai Suya:

From the little I know of them, it appears they take care of their spouses pretty well.

GBAM cool cool cool cool cool
Re: What Should I Expect While In A Relationship With And Igbo Man? by sosisi(f): 1:44am On Jun 01, 2009
They are the most monogamous men in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? / How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? / I Need My Things Back >:(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.