Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! (1419 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 4:27am On May 30, 2009
Hi Nairalanders, i need to get a Nigeria passport and UK visiting Visa for someone who can't read and write, please how do i go about this from A to Z without having any serious complications during the process. Am the host and all necessary documents for the processing of the Visa are available. My main concern is the paperwork such as filling out different kinds of forms, signing, going for Visa interview etc, My question is, am i permitted to do all this on behalf of the applicant / Invitee or is there a special way for a person like this to apply. Please put me into light on this matter.
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 12:15am On May 31, 2009
The counter says 25 people read this post already, just wonder why no one is responding it can't just be that the whole of Nairaland run out of ideas or is it that people just don't care anymore undecided Please help if you can, no suggestion or idea is useless.
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by eddy1977(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2009
r u in the uk or nigeria? if u r in the uk, tell your friend/sibling (the 1 u r helping) to get a passport in nigeria. i guess u know the process. then u will need to meet the demands of the uk embassy for visitors visas.

not being able to read and write is not a ground for approval or denial of any passport/visa. the embassy wants to make sure that your candidate doesnt become a burden to their country (refusing to return home).

good luck. hopefully every thing will turn out good for your and your candidate.
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 6:45pm On May 31, 2009
Thanks eddy1977 for your response, if i assist in filling out the Visa forms, what do you think i should do when it comes to the signature area. Should i sign for her or let her thumbprint? . If she thumbsprint, i think everyone will get the message immediately (but Is thumprinting still in practice?). And if i sign for her, a situation might arise during the interview in which she might be asked to write, sign etc,  and if she can't, it might eventually lurk doubts in the Embassy staff mind concerning the information on the Application forms.  undecided
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 6:57pm On May 31, 2009
Nairalanders, don't leave this on  eddy1977 alone. PLEASEEE !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by sucessful1: 8:06pm On May 31, 2009
what is sum1 who can not read r write coming 2 do in europe,pple that can read n write r struggling 2 survive,,lud 'v mercy on a pregnant women on d day of riot,
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by Vicjustice: 8:57pm On May 31, 2009
A visa applicant who can't read or write (nor understand English) will be entitled to a translator, a representative or an advocate (someone who will plead his case) depending on the needs that are deemed necessary. In most cases, it is the responsibility of the embassy to provide any such assistant (especially if you notify them of such special needs prior to attendance); however, it's acceptable if one provides his/her own personal assistant.
   If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to drop a line or two. Cheers
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by funkybaby(f): 9:16pm On May 31, 2009
@poster
How old is the applicant and whats your relationship with her?

I ask because people do invite their parents or relatives from the village or wherever to come visit them and such people (illiterates) do get visas.
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 10:03pm On May 31, 2009
funkybaby:

@poster
How old is the applicant and whats your relationship with her?

I ask because people do invite their parents or relatives from the village or wherever to come visit them and such people (illiterates) do get visas.

Thanks Funkybaby, she is 21, If you press the link below, you will find all that you need to know about the Applicant, I'll appreciate it if other fellow Nairalanders can do the same. I did this in other to give a better picture of the whole situation. Like i said earlier, no ideas, suggestion or advice is useless.

My Lover is Illiterate! What next?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-272987.0.html
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 10:18pm On May 31, 2009
Vicjustice:

A visa applicant who can't read or write (nor understand English) will be entitled to a translator, a representative or an advocate (someone who will plead his case) depending on the needs that are deemed necessary. In most cases, it is the responsibility of the embassy to provide any such assistant (especially if you notify them of such special needs prior to attendance); however, it's acceptable if one provides his/her own personal assistant.
   If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to drop a line or two. Cheers

WHAOOOOOO, thats sounds like a professional advice, thanks a lot Vicjustice. She can certainly speak good English, If you can please take some few minutes out of your time to press the link below and read the posts, you definitely understand the whole situation better. Maybe there might still be something you would like to advice me on.

My Lover is Illiterate! What next?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-272987.0.html
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by Figurehead: 10:19pm On May 31, 2009
cheesy
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 11:31pm On May 31, 2009
[/quote
Figurehead:

cheesy

You must have had a very good adviser to have deleted that comment that you've just made and left only the smiley on your post. Because, i don't think you are sensible and sagacious enough to have taken such a wise decision and action independently due to your low mentality. By the way, i photocopied the website few minutes before you could deleted your post,, unlucky you!!!. And for your information, am aware of all your incorrigible and rude comments and tribalistic attitude on other peoples posts and matters. YOU JUST KEEP IT UP that way.
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by funkybaby(f): 11:40pm On May 31, 2009
@ poster
If you really do love her, why not enrol her in a school or engage the services of a home tutor rather than concentrating on helping her get a mere visiting visa?? A visa that she prolly cannot read what is on it.

Even if you help her in filling the visa forms and she gets the visa, how is she going to fill her landing card, read simple signs and directions at the airport, find her way around malls, read bus timetables, etc.

Why not get your priorities right - Concentrate on helping her get some formal education. There are adult literacy evening programs in most public schools in lagos.
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by Figurehead: 7:15am On Jun 01, 2009
withdrawn
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by eddy1977(m): 7:38am On Jun 01, 2009
Figurehead:

I think the best thing she should do is to go to maiduguri where she will see people of her kind and fit in. and as for you, cant you find a reasonable girl rather than a modern bambialla? this reminds me that birds of same feathers flock together

please, the poster was needing advices. you chose to post a smiley face instead of replying to his questions. in his shoes i would feel insulted and ridiculed. if you didnt have any suggestions,you should have just by-passed the topic. its very rude and unprofessional to use those jargons to insult his loved one (BAMBALIA). if it was you,how would you have liked to be treated?
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by Figurehead: 7:51am On Jun 01, 2009
cool
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by sucessful1: 2:08pm On Jun 01, 2009
my friend after readin ur attached link,,,my advice 2 u is, waka far.i do not see anything coming out of it for u,only but tears and heartache @ last.dont get me wrong,as we speak i pay college fee sum pple over there,but i do not expect anything from them, am sure u can do d same.goodluck to d future
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2009
funkybaby:

@ poster
If you really do love her, why not enrol her in a school or engage the services of a home tutor rather than concentrating on helping her get a mere visiting visa??
Funky i partially agreed with you in way. But do you support or think that a long distance relationship is reasonable at all. Especially when both couples are leaving separately alone. Couples leaving separately inside the same city with better chances of seeing each other regularly often find it difficult to survive, different kinds of challenges like temptations or being expose to negative influence not to talk of the one leaving in UK and the other in Nigeria.
funkybaby:

A visa that she prolly cannot read what is on it.
Even if you help her in filling the visa forms and she gets the visa, how is she going to fill her landing card, read simple signs and directions at the airport,
I believe those ones are the least problems to tackle, that's why the airline staffs are there for. This services can be render by the airline for the sum of 50 pounds payable at the point of departure. This can also be done for children travelling alone.
funkybaby:

find her way around malls, read bus timetables, etc.

There's always a first time to anything in this world, some of us have had theirs already, while some are still waiting. I strongly believe that i can assist to accelerate her educational progress if she is here with me. Which is one of my priorities. Secondly, she is just only uneducated, she is not Steven Wonder, deaf nor dump. She has been doing most of this things you've just mentioned already. If she can find her way out around Lagos, i believe she will do the samething anywhere in the world alone plus my assistance.
funkybaby:

Why not get your priorities right - Concentrate on helping her get some formal education. There are adult literacy evening programs in most public schools in lagos.
As if the long distance relationship is not enough, enrolling her in an adult literacy evening programs is just like trying to be a Father Christmas or one trying to put his dinner into the cat's mouth to eat. Although the second alternative which is to engage the services of a home tutor is not a bad idea (as long as the tutor is a female), but that still doesn't rule out the fact that the risk and cost that will be involved to keep the love alive from a long distance is not a lot higher than if she were to be here with me in UK. And being together (2nd priority) is the main sense behind falling in love with someone in the first place. Then follow by other priorities like marriage, children etc,

Please, don't get me wrong, we really love one another, sometimes it's good to make haste while the sun is shining and a stitch intime, saves nine. Like someone said, there are lot of many women out there, but only few of them are wives, and vice versa.
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2009
Figurehead ]
I think the best thing she should do is to go to maiduguri where she will see people of her kind and fit in. and as for you, cant you find a reasonable girl rather than a modern bambialla? this reminds me that birds of same feathers flock together
[/quote]
[quote author=Figurehead:

cheesy
eddy1977:

please, the poster was needing advices. you chose to post a smiley face instead of replying to his questions. in his shoes i would feel insulted and ridiculed. if you didnt have any suggestions,you should have just by-passed the topic. its very rude and unprofessional to use those jargons to insult his loved one (BAMBALIA). if it was you,how would you have liked to be treated?

I've choose to ignore him, since I've discovered that he is suffering from an acute case of ignorance.
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2009
sucessful1:

my friend after readin ur attached link,,,my advice 2 u is, waka far.i do not see anything coming out of it for u,only but tears and heartache @ last.dont get me wrong,as we speak i pay college fee sum pple over there,but i do not expect anything from them, am sure u can do d same.goodluck to d future

Your post sound's like a good Samaritan, that has been badly repaid. Do you mind sharing this experience with me?
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by eddy1977(m): 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2009
Waladis man, not to go off topic but I thought about injecting in my advice in regard to long distance relationship; since it seems like the person you want to help join you is a potential soul mate.
long distance relationship is not bad at all.but it is very wise to be practical when engaging in such. have you already paid the bride price? is she from your tribe? are your famillies closer?

if you answered yes to all the questions I would say that you are in a fix because what the two of you share is stronger and will be very hard to break.your relationship even though is long distance, but it has solid pillars. the downside of it is: what if takes years for you to be together? what if by the end of the day she can never come overseas, will you go back for her and give up all you have established in europe?

but if you answered NO, then I will really advise to flip the page and hook up with a serious british girl and make it official and settle down, get pregnant and fill the earth. you can always justify your choice of british girl.
( you can say for instance: she got pregnant with me and i decided to be with her for my child's sake. or you can say your legal resdency status was threatened so you needed a reliable umbrella. if they try to complicate it, you just tell them that life in the UK is not what they think,its becoming more and more complicated and you had to make an S.O.S decision.)

hopefully things will turn out good for you.
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by waladis(m): 10:40am On Jun 03, 2009
Thanks a lot to everyone that have taken a bit of their precious time to show concern on this matter, funkybaby , Vicjustice etc. and especially, a BIG THANKS to you eddy1977. I appreciate each contribution you've all made and each contribution have got  their own way of helping as i proceed further on this matter. God bless you all. smiley
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by hamjola: 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2009
@poster
i dont know why pple r dragging dis issue. if she is in the north,get a travel agent in d north to handle the document stuff and put her through on what it entails in hausa.the agent will handle everything and u pay him after everything.A lot of uneducated pple travel everytime,even though they dont hear jack abt english language.its just d same wit someone travelling to a country where they dont speak english,like france,germany,holland,etc.take care
Re: Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! by ama27(f): 9:07am On Jun 08, 2009
@poster i would suggest you go through an immigration lawyer , this thing is not a big deal, u just need to concentrate on her for 1 year, if u guys clicked then i can bet that she has potential and what it takes. There are so many people WELL schooled, WELL travelled that are NOT marriage material and ARE VERY STUPID, education does not teach you everything. i have friends whose fathers are professors married to semi illetrates and the kids and WHOLE family have done VERY well.

If you are in the UK then u probably know all about Adult education prog in your borough or council. It is definately not a barrier, education is a continous process.

I am in the process of trying to move back to naija , and even im taking lessons on how to live in my new enviroment, this is the same way even an educated person coming to the Uk would need reorientation so , dont let anyone discourage u. some peoples advise is not out of wickedness but ignorance.

There are some many asians that are in the UK and cant read and write , spouse visa etc

Let me make you laugh , Many years ago i used to work at Barclays as a cashier and i used to have LOADS of asians coming in , they had to bring translators , they could not sign or fill the forms so they would come with their family to translate , when i ask for ID , they would produce A BRITISH PASSPORT. THEY COULDNT EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH. he he. it is because of this that they introduce the Life in the UK test for citizenship. So dont worry , spouse visa, 2years , indefinate.

As long as she speaks your language they cant stop u from having your wife with you. infact if u marry in naija (which u need to do anyway) then just submit the application , in naja and wait for it , the only thing is u NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL the docs u need to produce as well as EVIDENCE of a relationship, i.e pictures etc, but since ure a nigerian who travels home it should not be a problem.

Bros marriage is a serious thing so pray (if u are religious) and let your GOD direct you but i can tell u it is KEY that u guys relate well and understand each other and that she is willing to learn.

ALSO ENSURE THAT YOU CAN SUPPORT HER AS SHE WONT BE ABLE TO ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTE TO THE FAMILY INCOME FOR A WHILE ( CHILD BEARING INCLUDED DUE TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES)
I would also advise not introducing her to friends straight away it may be too much to take in at once, just a few VERY close friends and also try and find a sister (if u have one that is young in the UK ) or friend who is female that can show her the ropes from a female perspective.

IT IS WELL WITH U

(1) (Reply)

I Need Informations About Documents To Annexed Application For Canada Visit Visa / Trip To Dubai I Need Answers / 10 Most Mysterious Places On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.