Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. (3491 Views)

How To Easily Make A Niaja Girl Sleep With You. / Photos: Is This The End Of Prostitution? / The Level Of Prostitution Amongst School Girls (personal Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by abasifo(m): 1:09pm On May 30, 2009
Source: Guardian Newspaper.

PROSTITUTION is as old as the hills. However, in contemporary Nigeria, it has taken new dimensions and character. The red-light areas located deep in the metropolis still remain intact. Men whose libidos are charged visit such surburbs for quick sex far from the eyes of their wives. For that breed of the male sex, variety is the spice of life.

Medical reports attribute the ravaging incidence of Human Immune Deficiency Virus (HIV) to the activities of prostitutes who are the ultimate conveyers of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). Men in their lust defy the warning that the disease has no cure. For the prostitutes, the vocation is a duty in the grim battle for survival.

Young ladies of easy virtue are now ubiquitous - in the hotels, clubs, bus stops, public markets, roadsides and along the busy highways. They solicit for clients openly. They have lost their shame. Morality has gone to the dogs. The ends justify the means.

New brands of prostitutes are springing up. Society girls date rich and powerful persons including politicians in high places. Office girls tempt their bosses with their pretty faces and passionate smiles. Campus students seduce academic dons for high scores and excellent passes in semester examinations. Female shop assistants provide customers with complementary cards and mobile telephone numbers. The bottom line is money by hook or crook. As the musicians sing: money for hand, back for ground.

Nigerian ladies have lost their reserve, reticence and pride. Materialism is now the vogue in the rat race and the struggle for survival. There is a pressing need for an ethical revolution. Government should restore the pride of Nigerian womanhood by providing more job opportunities, scholarships, bursaries and more educational chances without tears. Destitute widows should be given soft loans to do business or engage in profitable occupations. Laws must be reinforced to make prostitution deplorable. Societal customs and traditions should revive the stigma of prostitution in whatever form it thrives.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by topup: 2:29pm On May 30, 2009
This is a very interesting article, I wonder if the last few lines are really the solutions.

Is it not morals that need to be assessed - I guess, it's very difficult for a person's morals to be shaped by any regime, so maybe that is why more law and rule-based solutions are being employed.

I pray for Nigeria because we have so much potential, but we keep refusing to realise that if we don't fight against the current, we don't stay where we are - we get swept backwards or sink sad.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by tpiah: 3:02pm On May 30, 2009
OP

are you calling these women prostitutes because they're in bikinis, or the photo is an afterthought?

I dont see a connection between your picture and the topic.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 30, 2009
are you calling these women prostitutes because they're in bikinis,

I think so.

@ topic

Since there's a market for it, prostitution will always thrive.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by SisiJinx: 3:21pm On May 30, 2009
They are at the beach, no?
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by StrStruck(f): 3:21pm On May 30, 2009
Why am I not surprised? The woman is the one at fault. . . again.

abasifo:

They solicit for clients openly. They have lost their shame. Morality has gone to the dogs. The ends justify the means.

New brands of prostitutes are springing up. Society girls date rich and powerful persons including politicians in high places. Office girls tempt their bosses with their pretty faces and passionate smiles. Campus students seduce academic dons for high scores and excellent passes in semester examinations. Female shop assistants provide customers with complementary cards and mobile telephone numbers. The bottom line is money by hook or crook. As the musicians sing: money for hand, back for ground.

Nigerian ladies have lost their reserve, reticence and pride.

The man who wrote this article had it wrong:

Rich and powerful men are the ones who look for society girls to date to add to their 'wealth'.

Bosses tell office girls they will be fired or never get promoted if they don't have sex with them, hence, the numerous occasions of sexual harassment.

I KNOW that Deans and instructors tell female students they will not pass no matter how well she really does unless she 'sees' him.

And what is wrong with female shop assistants providing customers with complementary cards and mobile telephone numbers? Everybody does that, that is marketing.

Sad how the male chauvinist of a writer tried to pass all the blame on the woman;she is the reason behind her woes> Meanwhile the man is just being a man. For example, he's married but he solicits prostitutes. . . what does that say of him? If a woman, married or single, hired a male exotic dancer, wouldn't she be tied to the stake and stoned?

Ugh! I just hate that some woman would read this and believe it.

@Poster, wtf did you put up a picture of innocent women at the beach?
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by bblacky(f): 3:26pm On May 30, 2009
No matter wat the FG does to curb prostitution it will still thrive cos it has become a trade n no trade that has found its ground cud b destroyed no nt in 9ja. For all I know d only means to stop dis is by individual preference. If the ladies cud decide personally to engage in something more decent and profitable I don’t see why they cant make a living out of it, moreso if  the men patronisin dem stops their visit /ignore the green light they wud find something better doin. No be everythin government fit stop ooooo no be prostitution.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by abasifo(m): 5:32pm On May 30, 2009
Its very quite unfortunate that our rebranded Nigeria is not even branded 'cos you don't preach what you don't practice to the people. Our leaders should stop deceiving themselves thinking they are deceiving us. Because the people are quite does not mean they are stupid or foolish. I think its about time we started dealing seriously with our so called leaders 'cos they are not helping they ugly situation of our great country. I'm so pissed with their administration.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by boy1(m): 5:36pm On May 30, 2009
tpiah:

OP

are you calling these women prostitutes because they're in bikinis, or the photo is an afterthought?

I dont see a connection between your picture and the topic.
i wonder what d pic got 2 do with prostitution.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by abasifo(m): 5:38pm On May 30, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Rich and powerful men are the ones who look for society girls to date to add to their 'wealth'.

Bosses tell office girls they will be fired or never get promoted if they don't have sex with them, hence, the numerous occasions of sexual harassment.

I KNOW that Deans and instructors tell female students they will not pass no matter how well she really does unless she 'sees' him.

And what is wrong with female shop assistants providing customers with complementary cards and mobile telephone numbers? Everybody does that, that is marketing.

Sad how the male chauvinist of a writer tried to pass all the blame on the woman;she is the reason behind her woes> Meanwhile the man is just behind a man. For example, he's married but he solicits prostitutes. . . what does that say of him? If a woman, married or single, hired a male exotic dancer, wouldn't she be tied to the stake and stoned?

Source: Guardian Newspaper.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by abasifo(m): 5:42pm On May 30, 2009
we can trace the genesis of this madness to the unclothedness of our female children at home. The society is merely feeding on it. It is now a show of modernity to allow our girls display unclothedness in their dressing at home. Nudity is openly admired, applauded and praised from our homes to school etc. MAN WILL DEFINITELY RESPOND TO BARE FEMALE BODIES! WISE MEN OF OLD KNEW HOW TO CONTROL LUST BY TRAINING FEMALES IN PROPER EXPOSURE-FROM HOME
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by abasifo(m): 5:47pm On May 30, 2009
Thanks guys,I think we can start making the changes from our respective homes,educate your sisters against this social menace,i will educate mine,if we go on that way we we make a positive impart with time,i think we should not fold our hands and wait 4 a govt that is not sincere to take more dubious step that will aggravate this situation in the name of controlling or curtailing it,pray God help us all.I must confess smtn i just notice over the last 2 weeks,most of the young sch.leaver girls now see prostitution as leisure & pleasure.Try proof my statement,watch out this week
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by boy1(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2009
abasifo:

Thanks guys,I think we can start making the changes from our respective homes,educate your sisters against this social menace,i will educate mine,if we go on that way we we make a positive impart with time,i think we should not fold our hands and wait 4 a govt that is not sincere to take more dubious step that will aggravate this situation in the name of controlling or curtailing it,pray God help us all.I must confess smtn i just notice over the last 2 weeks,most of the young sch.leaver girls now see prostitution as leisure & pleasure.Try proof my statement,watch out this week
off point

what's d pic got 2 do with prostitution?
u r makin 2 much noise.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by boy1(m): 5:51pm On May 30, 2009
abasifo:

u no well
labba labba!
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by abasifo(m): 5:53pm On May 30, 2009
boy1:

off point

what's d pic got 2 do with prostitution?
u r makin 2 much noise.

i think Guardian Newspaper would answer your question
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by boy1(m): 6:04pm On May 30, 2009
abasifo:

i think Guardian Newspaper would answer your question
damn!local naija mentality.
u post it,so what do u think?
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by boy1(m): 6:11pm On May 30, 2009
U don run
u need 2 see a doctor.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by Virgo83(m): 6:12pm On May 30, 2009
@ ABASIFO

[s]You got to be credited for bringing this kind of Topic out [/s]

This is a very vital issue every body in this Society of ours must produce an answer to.

Prostitution as got many faces, What of our so called Home Girls that couldn't be able to state the number of dicks that their Kunt have swallows, what about that. I bet it had a meter one could have realize the so called Home Girls were nothing but Home Prostitutes.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by Romeo4real(m): 6:19pm On May 30, 2009
@absifo - a well written article, but wrongly concluded.

The solution is in the general emancipation of the collective brain of Nigerian society from the debauchery of our greedy, lascivious, narcissistic, hedonistic and materialistic way of life.
This way of of life has now been legitimised in Nigeria through the entrenchment of the loss of any kind of moral compass  Anything goes in the pursuits of wealth, happiness and fun.

Do note that the men who also engage in these activities are equally as promiscuous as the women.
I have always said it - The Men and women of Nigeria really deserve each other. The Women are the way they are because of the Men, and vice versa!

@St*rstruck - It'll really be nice if you can put feminist agenda to one side just for a mo, and stop ranting so you can contribute to what is an issue worthy of elucidated discussion.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by StrStruck(f): 6:29pm On May 30, 2009
I found the original link, those girls weren't included. You put that up yourself.

[url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/life_style/article05//indexn3_html?pdate=300509&ptitle=The%20Changing%20Face%20Of%20Prostitution&cpdate=300509[/url]

Why did you put those women up?

Romeo4real:

@St*rstruck - It'll really be nice if you can put feminist agenda to one side just for a mo, and stop ranting so you can contribute to what is an issue worthy of elucidated discussion.

This is no feminist agenda, I speak the truth. Enough of the lies the media and majority of the male population have been feeding the women.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by abasifo(m): 6:31pm On May 30, 2009
boy1:

U don run
u need 2 see a doctor.

People who prostitute and patronize prostitutes always suffer the repercussions before death takes its toll. Prostitution wrecks the prostitute and the customer as well. May God help us and our country. I hope the girls don't solicit for sex from angels one day that will be a repeat of Sodom and Gomorrah.

so boy1 or whatever u call yourself[b] beware
[/b]
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by MaiSuya(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Sad how the male chauvinist of a writer tried to pass all the blame on the woman;she is the reason behind her woes> Meanwhile the man is just behind a man. For example, he's married but he solicits prostitutes. . . what does that say of him? If a woman, married or single, hired a male exotic dancer, wouldn't she be tied to the stake and stoned?

Unbelievable! to think this was written by a woman. . .

In order words, the client has made a successful bid (in monetary terms or otherwise) for her femininity, her pride, her essence, so why shouldn't she oblige? Isn't it money we are all looking for?

Pathetic!  angry
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by C2H5OH(f): 6:38pm On May 30, 2009
ROFLMAO @ masuya
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by abasifo(m): 6:50pm On May 30, 2009
we are in the last days so we are to face all this according to the bible, God cannot lie so this is the fulfillment of the Word of God. for u my gud friends not to get involves to dis put God first to ur doing and ur thought i assure u that u guys will never make any mistake in life
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 30, 2009
Let me ask a question ohh!!
What will happen if all the men stop visiting prostitutes?
Wont the practice die out on its own?

If there is a demand ,there is a supply to meet that demand.

If there is no demand, the business dies off.
So guy, keep your fly zipped ok!! angry
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by StrStruck(f): 7:06pm On May 30, 2009
Mai Suya:

Unbelievable! to think this was written by a woman. . .

I forgot, I'm not supposed to speak till I'm spoken to right?

Mai Suya:

In order words, the client has made a successful bid (in monetary terms or otherwise) for her femininity, her pride, her essence, so why shouldn't she oblige? Isn't it money we are all looking for?

Pathetic!  angry

I'm sorry I have no idea how you drew to your conclusion from my post.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by JJYOU: 8:50pm On May 30, 2009
why do some girls think it is safe to wear 2nd hand tongs and bikinis?
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by tpiah: 10:26pm On May 30, 2009
Virgo83:

Prostitution as got many faces,  [b]What of our so called Home Girls that couldn't be able to state the number of dicks that their Kunt have swallows, [/b]what about that. I bet it had a meter one could have realize the so called Home Girls were nothing but Home Prostitutes.

na somebody go marry you sha shocked shocked I wish her luck!!

abasifo:

Its very quite unfortunate that our rebranded Nigeria is not even branded 'cos you don't preach what you don't practice to the people. Our leaders should stop deceiving themselves thinking they are deceiving us. Because the people are quite does not mean they are stupid or foolish. I think its about time we started dealing seriously with our so called leaders 'cos they are not helping they ugly situation of our great country. I'm so pissed with their administration.

because of bikini? amazing!!!!

abasifo:

WISE MEN OF OLD KNEW HOW TO CONTROL LUST BY TRAINING FEMALES IN PROPER EXPOSURE-FROM HOME

you've got to be joking!!
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by biina: 10:52pm On May 30, 2009
Like most other societal ills (like theft), prostitution has been around from time immemorial, in various forms in several societies.
Women performing sexual favors, in turn for material benefits is not new.
It is not a disease that can or should be cured.
Writer should stop singing like if it was a recent development.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by Sauron1: 11:09pm On May 30, 2009
bblacky:

No matter wat the FG does to curb prostitution it will still thrive cos it has become a trade n no trade that has found its ground cud b destroyed no nt in 9ja. For all I know d only means to stop dis is by individual preference. If the ladies cud decide personally to engage in something more decent and profitable I don’t see why they cant make a living out of it, moreso if  the men patronisin dem stops their visit /ignore the green light they wud find something better doin. No be everythin government fit stop ooooo no be prostitution.

The writer is a consummate retard!!!

If you dig deep into his life, he prolly patronises hookers.
These women don't have regular jobs and the government expect them not to use what they have to pay for their needs??
What about the men patronising them especially in Lagos?? If there's no market, who would these women sell to?? He-goats or Gorillas??
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by StrStruck(f): 11:15pm On May 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

The writer is a consummate retard!!!

If you dig deep into his life, he prolly patronises hookers.
These women don't have regular jobs and the government expect them not to use what they have to pay for their needs??
What about the men patronising them especially in Lagos?? If there's no market, who would these women sell to?? He-goats or Gorillas??

Thank you Sauron! He's quick to blame the women but never looking at the men.
Re: The Changing Face Of Prostitution In Niaja, No More Shame. by Sauron1: 11:20pm On May 30, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Thank you Sauron! He's quick to blame the women but never looking at the men.

Lagos is a strange city.

I don't think they do anything in that city without sex.
On Lagos Island, you cannot get any room in any hotel between noon and 2 pm(when workers are supposed to be on break).
Instead of lunching, they are busy shagging their brains out.

After work, some workers don't leave the island till 8pm(they use heavy traffic as their excuse).
In this period, most hotels are fully booked to accommodate adulterers and fornicators.
Tell me, what kinda city is that? After all said n done, the retarded journalists go on their laptops to write articles on prostitution but they are worse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife To Be Says..............please Need Your Comment/advise...... / That Hot Early Morning S3x Thou...now I Know Why He's Always On Demand Mode / Pic: Guys!wat Wud You Do If Dis Happened To Ur Long Time Crush On Ur First Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.