Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! (10416 Views)

Why You Need A Professionally Made Cv. / Build A Career As A Professionally-training Digital Media Marketer – Details Ins / Hire Reliable And Professionally Trained Drivers In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
Where are m’ladies at?
Okay so whatz all this beef? Sheila lost out on the job after the interview AGAIN!
And for what reason? Yea you guessed right………. Because she is female, petite and comfortable in her own skin!
To make matters even more annoying, the fellow who got the much-desired job is just a new guy off the block. I mean everyone - including the guy himself - knows she is better qualified for the role - by far!
The HR had the heart to say “we know you are good, we just don’t want people undermining your authority because of your physique………..” How patronizing!

amicable09:
Sheila, like many other petite ladies, deals with such mortifying responses at the workplace. In fact, so many get to answer the question “how old are you” almost on a daily basis as if to say they are babies. These annoying attitudes haven’t prevented Petite Chics from making waves in their places of work, they have always been challenged to become leaders and achieve success in their career, social and personal lives.
You want to know how they do it? Grab a seat, bring your popcorn close and sip your ice-cold coke wink

Brains!
Now seriously lady, this point cannot be over-emphasized! Our brains are our strongest assets; please never restrict your horizons. Unlearn and Learn and Relearn! Read up books, research, ask questions, stimulate your thinking faculties, and get your brain to work for you.
Remember that while beauty might catch lots of attention, brains are what keep you growing in the career world.

tollyb:
Beauty:
When we talk about beauty, we are not only referring to the facial looks alone; we are talking about the whole package. As a petite lady, eat healthy, exercise regularly and dress smart girl! Make your impact felt - you should never look dull. A beautiful slim lady in a room full of suit wearers, and already she has the upper hand as her looks does attract attention. Her appearance diverts the audience and creates a platform where people are more likely to engage with her. Hence, the "prettier the package "the more interest in return…

Be a professional:
Yes you are female, your physique most times presents you as delicate and we all have that soft side. While we don’t want to ignore our feminine touch, Professionalism means you know when to draw the lines, call the shots and even accept criticism. Yes criticism - valid, enhancing criticism.
Professionalism is a whole concept…the way we dress, think, act, talk - everything! Don’t give anyone a reason to undermine your professionalism.

amicable09:
Care Giver:
You've seen her everywhere, she's a nurturer and looking out for you is her thing. Ever worked on a project with your team and began feeling dehydrated? Hold on! She's right behind you with a glass of water to quench your thirst ??. Next week is your birthday? Trust her to remind you of it just in case you forget... She's that good. Her small, cute, delicate and approachable demeanor makes it easy and natural to give out such overdose of care to her colleagues. It is not limited to her home alone but it extends to her workplace

tollyb:
Role model:
Everywhere all over the world, petite and really chic ladies like you serve as role models for thousands (even millions)! All walks of life, in the home, and yes even in the office we see lovelies setting the pace as role models.
Sweetheart really, it isn’t as difficult you think! Just be Good at what you do.
You know Tara Durotoye? O yes you do girl! She is the owner of House of Tara, started as a young lady and right now, every lady is venturing into make–up. What about Agbani Darego? Yes, she has her name written in the sands of time. The list goes on dear….all you have to do my lady is to stand out in whatever you want to do and see the world celebrate you!

amicable09:
Confidence!
For me, this is an arsenal every Lady must own if she must excel! As a petite chic in the office environment, it is an error to be boxed into a corner by other 6'' colleagues therefore you must stand out and stand tall, nah! No slouching... I mean stand straight! You've got to make a lasting impression every time you speak... Yea baby, you must speak, confidently with a smile – don’t be shy girl. That way, they'll know a diva is in the meeting wink

Efficiency:
Many of us keep making the mistake of excusing on our feminism or physique. This would only make more bias come upon your physique. A Can- Do attitude is what you really need. Do your thing the best way you know how to and be good at it – I mean really good. Cut out the excuses sister!

tollyb:
Influential:
Career ladies are making headway on the work stage, yea babe - petite career ladies just like you!
Join that throng, be socially supportive, responsible and speak out for others in your environment. The growing number of petite career ladies in influential roles in the modern work place means the old structures and business approaches are being challenged, making way for new ways of doing business and a new approach to delivery and products. You do not want to be left out lady!

Balance:
While we want to be that professional diva, let’s not also forget to keep the work-life balance. The successful career diva has a life outside the office. She is comfortable in her skin and loves to enjoy her off work time. Don’t always struggle to make an impression, do take a breather dearie wink

amicable09:
Irresistible!
Somebody call 9-1-1! Shawrty fire burning on the office floor!!! *singing in Sean Kingston's voice*
Yes swity, she's simply irresistible, she's got the charm - she sets the entire atmosphere ablaze. You just can't ignore her, sorry. Ever wondered why she seems to get all the attention? Simple - Ask Eva Longoria from Desperate housewives series or our very own Genevieve Nnaji next door cheesy #enough said

Did you enjoy this piece? We bet you did wink Watch out for more interesting and informative write ups friends!
If you wanna share some thoughts on this matter or a topic you will like us to write on, we are open to hearing from you. Please drop your comments and share your experiences on the thread.
* Guys are not left out!

P.S: You can also reach us on [email]careerdivah@gmail.com[/email]

Cc: Davide470

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by amicable09(f): 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
Professionally sleek on point! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
I Am petite, beautiful and I take control of my life...
Cc: missmossy
Cutehector
Nihilist
Lero15
seun
Misspicy
Godmother
breezyrita
Cetona
Jamean
Estharfabian
And all my beautiful ladies...
We want to hear your views too

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Missmossy(f): 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2015
I couldn't agree any better, some employers feel beauty in a lady makes her unintelligent and less smarter than ladies who may not look too attractive. Facts cannot be overemphasized though, i have always learnt to look beyond what recruiters may think cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ksstroud: 6:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
I'm just here to learn.....
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by misspicy(f): 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
Inspiring post...the sexualization of the female gender in most proffession has really not given us much avenue to put our knowledge at work....and most women or men still think having a curvy body paves way for you,meanwhile your brains will pave the way even better and wider with no atom of regret.....am impressed OP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
misspicy:
Inspiring post...the sexualization of the female gender in most proffession has really not given us much avenue to put our knowledge at work....and most women or men still think having a curvy body paves way for you,meanwhile your brains will pave the way even better and wider with no atom of regret.....am impressed OP

You are so right!

Thanks plenty...Some collective thinking it was really smiley
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Cutehector(m): 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
tollyB:
I Am petite, beautiful and I take control of my life...
Cc: missmossy
Cutehector
Nihilist
Lero15
seun
Misspicy
Godmother
breezyrita
Cetona
Jamean
Estharfabian
And all my beautiful ladies...
We want to hear your views too
sister, i am a guy abeg... Wetin.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by amicable09(f): 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
ksstroud:
I'm just here to learn.....
Learn for two wink...
She'd need the knowledge. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ElDeeVee(m): 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
Abeg, who una don help

1 Like

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ProudOlodo: 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
Jazmiynne:

Brains!
Now seriously lady, this point cannot be over-emphasized! Our brains are our strongest assets; please never restrict your horizons. Unlearn and Learn and Relearn! Read up books, research, ask questions, stimulate your thinking faculties, and get your brain to work for you.
Remember that while beauty might catch lots of attention, brains are what keep you growing in the career world.

Be a professional:
Yes you are female, your physique most times presents you as delicate and we all have that soft side. While we don’t want to ignore our feminine touch, Professionalism means you know when to draw the lines, call the shots and even accept criticism. Yes criticism - valid, enhancing criticism.
Professionalism is a whole concept…the way we dress, think, act, talk - everything! Don’t give anyone a reason to undermine your professionalism.

Efficiency:
Many of us keep making the mistake of excusing on our feminism or physique. This would only make more bias come upon your physique. A Can- Do attitude is what you really need. Do your thing the best way you know how to and be good at it – I mean really good. Cut out the excuses sister!

I think I like these parts best. The brain is one part of the body ladies seem to easily forget they have these days. I appreciate it a lot when a lady can easily handle criticisms and exude a healthy balance of her femininity against a good "can-do" attitude. So far I've skimmed thru...good work smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
ElDeeVee:
Abeg, who una don help

Your bae tongue
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ElDeeVee(m): 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
Jazmiynne:

Your bae tongue

1 Like

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
ElDeeVee:
Abeg, who una don help
Lol learn for your wife to be
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
Cutehector:
sister, i am a guy abeg... Wetin.. cheesy
Lol your view as a guy can be useful wink
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Cutehector(m): 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
tollyB:
Lol your view as a guy can be useful wink
i ddnt even understand the post sef cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by karleone(m): 6:49pm On Dec 04, 2015
Wonderful!! So the plan became a reality...
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by amicable09(f): 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
ElDeeVee:
Abeg, who una don help
You have been teaching me all the 'bad' comments for nairaland tongue
You need to stop taking that Osogbo weed wink

1 Like

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
Cutehector:
i ddnt even understand the post sef cheesy
It's understandable na...
About petite ladies in the workplace and How they are been treated...
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Cutehector(m): 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2015
tollyB:
It's understandable na...
About petite ladies in the workplace and How they are been treated...
i love petit ladies... kiss.. I think they are treated just as every other ladies in the workplace... I'v come across a lot of petit ladies in offices i have walked into
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
Cutehector:
i love petit ladies... kiss.. I think they are treated just as every other ladies in the workplace... I'v come across a lot of petit ladies in offices i have walked into
But don't you think at times,We tend to be looked down on and not given roles that befits our qualifications
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Cutehector(m): 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
tollyB:
But don't you think at times,We tend to be looked down on and not given roles that befits our qualifications
i dont think so.. Have u really expcerienced such scenario when u were tunprned down a job cuz u were petit?
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Cutehector(m): 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
tollyB:
ok i nw understand where u coming from.. I think dat certain roles require alot of factors u knw, and i wouldnt wana say i am siding the recruiter buh he or she was right in the long run... Sometimes its very hard for a guy who is very much grabbed up...like hulk stature, den his boss is a petit lady.. Haba, the guy would be like, who is this small rat to be givn me orders... Certain roles require someone with confidence... And u knw, the intimidation wink
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jamean(f): 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
I came to mark register

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ProudOlodo: 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
Cutehector:
ok i nw understand where u coming from.. I think dat certain roles require alot of factors u knw, and i wouldnt wana say i am siding the recruiter buh he or she was right in the long run... Sometimes its very hard for a guy who is very much grabbed up...like hulk stature, den his boss is a petit lady.. Haba, the guy would be like, who is this small rat to be givn me orders... Certain roles require someone with confidence... And u knw, the intimidation wink

Lol. You're right. That's why you find pple of such stature in lofty positions often being iron-handed to make up for that 'intimidation'
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Emasel(m): 7:10pm On Dec 04, 2015
goldendainty, you should see this.
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Cutehector(m): 7:10pm On Dec 04, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Lol. You're right. That's why you find pple of such stature in lofty positions often being iron-handed to make up for that 'intimidation'
yeah right.. Its very logical. A lamb cannot lead a pride of lions...

1 Like

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
Cutehector:

That's the point exactly! your boss should be respected not because of size but because of job efficiency and capability.

If she's good at what she does, she should naturally earn your respect and deserved authority
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
karleone:
Wonderful!! So the plan became a reality...

Yes it did cheesy
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
Cutehector:
yeah right.. Its very logical. A lamb cannot lead a pride of lions...
see you...don't be surprised If your next boss is a petite lady..Co's,I tell you We are taking over the work place...
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Emasel(m): 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
Jamean:
I came to mark register

Hello Jamean,

Hope you're good.

Just discovered you are my sister, thanks to E383.
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Cutehector(m): 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
tollyB:
see you...don't be surprised If your next boss is a petite lady..Co's,I tell you We are taking over the work place...
i dnt hav any problem in takin orders frm a lady that is my boss.. I hav worked with two female bosses and they all liked me very much... So i really dnt hav a problem workin with petit ladies..wen it comes to being professional, i am skilled at it 100 percent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vacancy In An Oil And Gas Company In Egtl,escravos, Delta State / How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? / 6 Golden Rules Of Writing A Cover Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.