Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter (49288 Views)

The Working Woman & The Other Family. / Thread For Radiography Aspirant, Undergraduate And The Working Class / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by MissTechy(f): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2015
For those who are not aware, someone raised an issue on Twitter with regards to the working condition at Huawei, see the tweet pic below.

So I asked a friend who has been working there for some time now to verify these claims and she gave me a breakdown of what has been happening.

ISSUE ONE: THE OFFICIAL WORKING HOURS

According to her, Huawei held a survey where they made employees choose which working hours they'd prefer, the majority of Nigerians selected 8:00 am to 5 pm while the Chinese counterpart chose 8:30 to 5:30 pm. She claims Huawei did this to help deal with the traffic issues.

ISSUE TWO: DINING HOURS

Apparently, Huawei gives a 1-hour break in between work hours but some employees violate their break period hence the reason it was raised in the mail.

See a full mail addressed to all workers.

Dear colleagues,

The local canteen has been redecorated, it is delightful to see a more exquisite and cozy canteen back into use. But sorry to tell, recently we found some of the colleagues were still eating in canteen after 8:30am.

According to our Work Attendance and Clocking Regulation , working hours for non-Chinese staff start from 8:00am and end at 5:00pm.
Taking the Nigerian traffic jam into consideration, the serving of breakfast will end at 9:00am on Monday and 8:30am on other working days.

There will be random attendance check in the morning, and employees who go against these rules will be asked to register the ID number as well as give reason of violation by HR colleagues. HR will check with employee's LM afterwards, and violation without appropriate reasons will lead to penalties accordingly.

Now that we have heard the other side of the story, what do you think?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by davide470(m): 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
1. They serve breakfast. Wow.

2. The work time for Non-Chinese is the same as Chinese.. Have you seen a Chinese Man working before. They work like machines.

3. They said its not allowed to have a meal in the kitchen at work times ~ meaning you can go out and have your 1hour break lunch or whatever, without staying above that time.

Is there suppose to be an issue because I ain't seeing any?

240 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by kennyman2000(m): 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hmmmmm...

2 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by 1wolex85: 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
no issue here

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by iambabaG: 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
There seems 2 be no problem with such regulations..
My neighbor works there nd he says d place is very conducive. Even d Chinese guys r very down 2 earth.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by damton(m): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
I think this is fair .

Taking into perspective the poor working conditions prevalent around

10 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by philfrey08: 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Endtime tins here biko

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by MissTechy(f): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
1wolex85:
no issue here

That pic caused a lot of issue ydai, #HuaweiNigeria even trended
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by helphelp: 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hmmmm

What more do the workers want ?

It's a very fair warning.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Mixty: 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hmmm.....working conditions of life shocked
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by onosprince(m): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
No problem here... next

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by seunakin231(m): 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
E ti ye brain...
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by mondbest(m): 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
like seriously? smiley smiley sad
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by bettercreature(m): 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
And what is the issue here?That signature tho

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
Change
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by marshallmoni(m): 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
End time work.

3 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
marshallmoni:
End time work.
mondbest:
like seriously? smiley smiley sad
seunakin231:
E ti ye brain...
onosprince:

damton:
v
iambabaG:
Brb
1wolex85:
no issue here
kennyman2000:
Hmmmmm...
PapaBrowne:
Coming
FuckTheMod:
Okay
SuPeRq:
Hmmmmmmm kiss
Izzy002:
Issokay
free2ryhme:
grin
asdfjklhaha:
K

see dem all^^, Dem no dey sleep

10 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by MansaMoussa: 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
Sounds Fair to me
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by free2ryhme: 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
davide470:

2. The work time for Non-Chinese is the same as Chinese.. Have you seen a Chinese Man working before. They work like machines.

3. They said its not allowed to have a meal in the kitchen at work times ~ meaning you can go out and have your 1hour break lunch or whatever, without staying above that time.

there is no free breakfast in Huawei

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by hayorzzyzx(m): 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
davide470:

Like Machine? ,Guy go sleep

1 Like

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by free2ryhme: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
what you see in that mail is true but what you dont know is that the true reasons behind it is against the Nigerian staffs
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by asdfjklhaha(f): 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
K
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by sirTesco(m): 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
Just lost my uncle about few hours ago.
God rest his soul.
The life of the dead lives in the memories of the living.
I will always remember him for his meekness.
Sleep on Mr. Christopher Ojo.

Pls help pray for the happy repose of his soul.

27 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by free2ryhme: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
The new president of Huawei in nigeria was responsible for that post you see there.

There is no specific break time in that letter

the question is what is the break time ??

3 Likes

grin
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by mn09abk: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2015
Still wondering why FFK has not said anything about the social media gag...maybe he is tired of recieving insult.

1 Like

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Abbey2sam(m): 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2015
to me this a very good arrangement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Izzy002(m): 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Issokay
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by SuPeRq(f): 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hmmmmmmm kiss
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by FuckTheMod: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Okay
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Huawei koo, Hyundai nii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / Working With The Big4, Your Experience. / Sacked Driver Clings To The Bonnet Of His Boss’ Moving Car (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.