Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Ncha-ude-Black Soap - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ncha-ude-Black Soap (4832 Views)

Urgent! Igbo Soap Script Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ncha-ude-Black Soap by redsun(m): 7:27pm On May 30, 2009
Who taught the old,uneducated,poor and agile african village woman how to scientifically make Ncha-ude(balck soap) with some crude implements?

In most cases,it is their main source of livelihood,making and selling black soap.Made from heated palm kernels.

Who said african woman is stupid?

1 Like

Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by sosisi(f): 10:49pm On May 30, 2009
that soap smells good too.The color is scary though.
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by redsun(m): 7:35am On May 31, 2009
Anti-bacterial qualities too,good for all sorts yamayama.just like seaweed and all the natural antiseptics not chemicals.

Black is beautiful just like all colors.Black is the prime color,the first in order.
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by oyinda3(f): 7:38am On May 31, 2009
r u talking abt dudu osun? I use that soap
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by redsun(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2009
Yeah,different tribes in nigeria have different names for it,but the same principles and mechanism,same wise and industrious old women.
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by ifyalways(f): 2:46pm On May 31, 2009
I dont like/use the "Ncha-ude" but i love the "Ude aki" . . .Palm Kernel Oil.
I use it for my childrens hair and body and for massaging too. kiss
The odour is not too good though. embarassed
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by redsun(m): 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2009
It just need a bit of spicing up with some sweet lavenders,u know,a bit of modifications without man made chemicals,called cosmetics,they are toxic gradual killers,people slowly poison themselves deliberately in the name of beauty by using those unnecessary so-called cosmetics.Just like salon tanning beds where people fry themselves just to darken up.And it is cancerous,common sense can tell you that not a doctor.

Skin bleaching as well,a situation where people toxicaly bleach away their skin to look like oyinbo,while oyibos want to look a bit like darkies.what a madness.

Now they are going crazy for sunshine in uk,it has been sunny for a couple of days now,all you now see are skimpily dressed bitches getting the best of the sunshine,it hypes up the country.The sun we take for granted in africa is like father christmas for oyinbos.

I wonder if we would have been this relaxed  and inactive in africa without the sun?
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 01, 2009
we call it 'ncha ogbe'

1 Like

Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by grafikdon: 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2009
"Ncha Nkoto" grin

2 Likes

Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by bolu1(f): 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2009
i heard black soap is good for pimples.
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by romeo(m): 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2009
grafikdon:

"Ncha Nkoto" grin

yeah "ncha nkota" for my part cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by asha80(m): 8:49pm On Jun 08, 2009
Ncha kachasi eji agba ncha  embarassed
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by echelon(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2009
romeo:

yeah "ncha nkota" for my part cheesy cheesy

Which part of Anambra are you from, Romeo?
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by romeo(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2009
Enugu part of Anambra cheesy cheesy "Ncha ekwu"
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by Hauwa1: 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2009
that soap foam no be small. the best time to use the ncha is when u are at the village river. half a bucket of water won't be enough after soaping with it.
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by presido1: 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2009
*Hauwa*:

that soap foam no be small. the best time to use the ncha is when u are at the village river. half a bucket of water won't be enough after soaping with it.
Who am i seeing saw? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by Ndipe(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2009
Black soap, I also heard is good for pimples. My mom used to make soap (gosh, I should have learnt how to do this) and quite honestly, our housemaid told me that a girl in my village, who was suffering from skin diseases (scabies or rashes) bought the soap, used it, and the disease vanished.

Very sad though, Mom is dead, and the secret is gone, unless my sisters know about it.
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by sosisi(f): 1:56am On Jun 11, 2009
we call it ncha nkota too
romeo must be from my village
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by Hauwa1: 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2009
grin haha, funny wink
kedu/how are you doing presido1, you don baff finish with black ncha? don't forget the black ude made from palm kernel too

presido1:

Who am i seeing saw? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ncha-ude-Black Soap by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
hei guys,for all ur rooties for different ailments,ranging from infections to fibroid,low sperm count and low libido,getting pregnant...etc, contact me on jesscares4ever@yahoo.com. it worked for me,am 7mnths pregnant now....

(1) (Reply)

Examples Of House-wife Material In Pictures(what You Should Look Like) / How Do You Measure My Nigerian-ness ? / Scientific And Technological Words In Yoruba - Come See!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.