Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website (2692 Views)

Saraki Was Actually Stoned In Illorin..punch Newspaper / Why Is Buhari Rising In Popularity?---Punch Newspaper / PUNCH Newspaper Set To SMUGGLE Gov Sullivan Chime Back To Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by moneygurl: 8:49pm On May 30, 2009
Okay what happened to their website. It seems you have to log in put in your phone number so that they can charge you before you can view their website? Right?
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 30, 2009
they are trying to pull a stunt that even Rupert Murdoch is having dificulties with.

Nobody will read their online page, the digital generation believes online News is free and nobody will change that.

surely not me
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by MrCrackles(m): 8:53pm On May 30, 2009
moneygurl:

Okay what happened to their website. It seems you have to log in put in your phone number so that they can charge you before you can view their website? Right?

Jokes, i aint subscribing to the bullshit! angry
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by moneygurl: 8:54pm On May 30, 2009
I think it is suppose to be for their Punch Mobile (which you have to pay for) and maybe their website made a mistake or something. Who pays for newspaper mobile anyway?
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by JJYOU: 8:55pm On May 30, 2009
moneygurl:

is that not funny?
they even want your credit card.  people who cant stop their site being hijacked want your details online.  SAD
MrCrackles:

Jokes, i aint subscribing to the bullshit! angry

ME TOO. site is not secured. let them sort out their security first
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by JJYOU: 8:56pm On May 30, 2009
moneygurl:

I think it is suppose to be for their Punch Mobile (which you have to pay for) and maybe their website made a mistake or something. Who pays for newspaper mobile anyway?
can you use the phone abroad?
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by MrCrackles(m): 8:59pm On May 30, 2009
moneygurl:

Oh really!
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by blacksta(m): 9:00pm On May 30, 2009
it is most be joke - pay money to read a naija website - joke of the century. grin grin grin
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 30, 2009
blacksta:

it is most be joke - pay money to read a naija website - joke of the century. grin grin grin

dem want to start something wey even Rupert Murdoch no fit do
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by moneygurl: 9:03pm On May 30, 2009
JJYOU:

can you use the phone abroad?

It is not a phone. Its like using your blackberry or iphone to get NY Times

I think their website just made an error. And maybe what is used for the Punch Mobile is been used for the website.

I don't know if you have to pay to use the website, that is what I am asking you guys, too. Because when you click on the website, it asks you to fill in information which includes your phone number, and u need your phone number to log in.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by oderemo(m): 9:04pm On May 30, 2009
pop{oo}larity  is getting the there head.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by MrCrackles(m): 9:06pm On May 30, 2009
moneygurl:

I is not a phone. Its like using your blackberry or iphone to get NY Times

I think their website just made an error. And maybe what is used for the Punch Mobile is been used for the website.

I get you now!
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 30, 2009
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/may/07/rupert-murdoch-charging-websites

people in the west are even protesting let alone naija

read the response in the column
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by mbulela: 9:06pm On May 30, 2009
pretty funny. the most insecured newspaper site i have ever visited (and i have been around a lot). they want my entire life details before i read their stories.
i find it amazing.
the only thing i read on their site which i really miss is the friday entertainment pages of Ayeni Adekunle.
the rest of the news can be gotten elsewhere.
i wish them all the best with this experiment but i doubt it will work.
anything that entails given out too much info online makes me very uncomfortable.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by asha80(m): 9:21pm On May 30, 2009
I noticed the same thing too.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by shotster50(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2009
Just when you thought it wouldnt get any worse eh!
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by deor03(m): 12:38am On May 31, 2009
Punch, what a joke.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by sbo(m): 1:27am On May 31, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by Nobody: 1:28am On May 31, 2009
stupid people
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by AjaraEwuro: 2:04am On May 31, 2009
what do these folks in here think they are? gods? look at the way they talk? If you dont read, have you ever thought of it that others better than you will read?
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by MrCrackles(m): 8:37am On May 31, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

what do these folks in here think they are? gods? look at the way they talk? If you dont read, have you ever thought of it that others better than you will read?

Will you shut the fuc.k up and stop spewing the rubbish you are reputed for on this forum!

Maggot angry
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by AjaraEwuro: 10:14am On May 31, 2009
if your father is a maggot, then your mum is a baby maggot, fool.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by desgiezd(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2009
Of all Nigerian online newspapers, Punch online has been playing some funny games for some time. Before this latest rubbish, anytime they have a juicy story and you click on it, they request you to subscribe and then this latest craze, I have stopped visiting their website since other newspapers would carry whatever news they are carrying.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by MrCrackles(m): 11:43am On May 31, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

if your father is a maggot, then your mum is a baby maggot, fool.

It doesnt surprise me, afterall a retards reasons better than you!

What baffles me is the fact that you are an old ass idiot, i thought people get wiser the older they get, but i have been proven wrong

The reverse is your case for you and it is absolutely pathetic!

Bigass oxymoron who needs a serious tanning on the backside! tongue

Come back with a diss, and i will serve all your 100 usernames, with triple venom laced disses, bastard!
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by MaiSuya(m): 11:48am On May 31, 2009
What a pity. . . it happened to one of my most frequently visited news website sad
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by AjaraEwuro: 1:56pm On May 31, 2009
MrCrackles:

It doesnt surprise me, afterall a retards reasons better than you!

What baffles me is the fact that you are an old ass idiot, i thought people get wiser the older they get, but i have been proven wrong

The reverse is your case for you and it is absolutely pathetic!

Bigass oxymoron who needs to a serious tanning on the backside! tongue

Come back with a diss, and i will serve all you 100 usernames, with triple venom laced disses, bastard!

Your Dad's bent di ck and your Mum's smelly pus sy is what mixed up to produce a slimy dunk like you. Peeps, what is the result of a bent di ck and a smelly pu ssy producing a child? The result is a boy with gobly eyes, big head slanted halfway and legs like that of an antelope, puffy eyes and big nosed nin compoop. Even as your Mum is a prostitute, i will have to use five condoms to fu ck her smelly pussy.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by oderemo(m): 2:17pm On May 31, 2009
guys this is a public forum pls tone down your language pls @ cracles and ajara.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by MrCrackles(m): 2:38pm On May 31, 2009
ode remo:

guys this is a public forum pls tone down your language pls @ cracles and ajara.

Dont warn me, warn that pig faced clown called AJARA!

He is an epitome of everything i said about him and if no one wants to put the mentally diseased fella in check, i will gladly do so!

No offence meant to anyone else, but at times mad people need a decent flogging or tanning in the backside to keep them in check!
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by AjaraEwuro: 2:48pm On May 31, 2009
MrCrackles:

Dont warn me, warn that pig faced clown called AJARA!

He is an epitome of everything i said about him and if no one wants to put the mentally diseased fella in check, i will gladly do so!

No offence meant to anyone else, but at times mad people need a decent flogging or tanning in the backside to keep them in check!

You? You just make me laugh. When it was time for your Mum to have you, she said to God, help me o Lord and help the world, a monster is about to hit the world. and honestly speaking, you are doing just that.

Calling me a slowpoke is just an act specific to monsters like you, if we check your pants now, we will discover u have shit grains of five months lurking in there, dirty boy.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by MrCrackles(m): 2:53pm On May 31, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

if we check your pants now, we will discover u have shit grains of five months lurking in there, dirty boy.

I said it!

Peadophilia is part of the deadly afflictions tearing you apart!

Want to check my pants? shocked

Sick gay, check your own pants first, then hack off your testicles!! grin
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by oderemo(m): 2:56pm On May 31, 2009
now i know why we are in deeeep shit in 9ja. this [ MI O NI GBA}attitude , i have to have an edge over you , i went to oxford you went to second tier uni  , bla bla bla. imagine we are all in a meeting somewhere in a locked rm , i am sure heads will be literally rolling on the floor by now. na wa oh.agba and  omode.
Re: What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website by AjaraEwuro: 2:59pm On May 31, 2009
I actually just hacked off my testicles, you know what, i have them on display, anytime yours wither off due to your foolishness, come buy one or two fo mine, you desperately ugly mutilated specie.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Day 17 In Jeddah: Yar’adua Loses Voice: Doctors Say Condition Very Dreadful / Hmmm: Wizkid Caught Smoking Weed! / CIA,MI5,MOSSAD,KGB and other foreign spy organisations are monitoring Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.