Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:55 PM

a £50,000.00 Body - But I'm Still Not Happy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / a £50,000.00 Body - But I'm Still Not Happy (9368 Views)

Foods That Benefits The Body, But Harm The Teeth. / Urgent Need Injection IM Vitamin D 600,000 I.U-1 dosage and IM Vitamin A 50,000 / Can A 50 Yrs Old Woman Still Get Pregnant?!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

a £50,000.00 Body - But I'm Still Not Happy by Recognise: 8:24am On May 31, 2009
[size=14pt]A 50K BODY - BUT I'M STILL NOT HAPPY[/size]

She's had every bit of her nip/tucked, but Katie Perks, 30, still wants more

"Studying the woman's face in an old photo, I'm staggered by how old she looks. Fat face, piggy eyes, a shelf of a bust and a monstrous belly. Not quite ugly, but about as far from attractive as you can go. Sound harsh? It does, but I can be that critical because the woman I'm talking about is me. Well, the old me. Four years ago I was a whopping size 26, and had the face, body and mindset of a woman three times my age.

Since then, I have had cosmetic surgery totalling almost £50,000, to transform me from an ugly duckling into a swan. And I'm not done yet - later this year I'll have a full body lift, and will finally have the figure I've craved all these years.

[center][img]http:///mczjmn[/img][/center]
All my life I'd been fat, verging on obese. In shops, sales assistants didn't say I was too fat for their clothes, but they didn't have to. The disgust on their faces was plain to see. I'd get people doing double takes in the street to gawp at my size and make snide comments. I didn't feel accepted anywhere. And so, after years of hating my shape - and comfort eating to cope with my self-loathing - I'm now determined to make myself look good all over. No matter what it takes or costs.

My weight problem dated back to when my parents divorced. I was just five years old and remember turning to food for comfort.

[center][img]http:///n8s42j[/img]
Age 10, 7 1/2 stone or 47kg[/center]
I gorged on crisps and chocolate. I'd eat till I felt sick, but it didn't stop me. By the age of 15 I was a size 16 and weighed 14st. Desperately unhappy, I went off the rails, got in with the wrong crowd and started drinking and smoking. Boys weren't an issue. I mean, nobody in their right mind fancied me I was just their fat friend, someone to have a laugh with.

I longed to have a tiny waist and slim thighs, but who was I kidding? I was known as Big Kate. As my self-esteem continued to nosedive, my parents couldn't cope, so I ended up in care.

Any self-worth I had left soon disappeared, and I left school at 16 with no qualifications and weighing 17st. I never thought I could do anything, so I drifted from factory job to factory job. Home was a grubby bedsit in a hostel. I still drank too much - it was the only way to block out my sorry excuse for a life. Aged 19, I hit rock bottom. I realised if I didn't change my life I would die this way - fat and unhappy.

I contacted social services and started having counselling. Slowly I realised that deep down I was a good person. I got help with some interviews and landed a job at a supermarket near my home in Shifnal, Shropshire. And it was there I met Andy Perks. He was kind, gentle, funny, and he seemed to see the real me, not the fat blob I'd become. And when, 18 months later, he asked me to marry him, I didn't hesitate. We both said we wanted to try for a baby, but I knew I was too heavy so I started an extreme diet. I'd eat nothing one day, then binge the next. In just over a year, I lost enough weight to fit into a size-18 wedding dress. Within a year I'd fallen pregnant, but after denying myself for so long, I took advantage of eating for two.

By the time I gave birth to Zoe in 2005, I weighed 19st and was a size 26 - bigger than I'd ever been.

[center][img width=280 height=266]http:///kn84hc[/img]  [img]http:///l6ynxy[/img]
Katie with hubby Andy Age 22, 18 1/2 stone or 117.48kg[/center]
I stared in the mirror at the woman I'd become, and tears rolled down my fat cheeks.
'How can Andy love this?' I thought, staring at my 46F bust and sagging belly. But I shook my dark thoughts away and dedicated myself to being a good mum.

Later that year, I read about the Cambridge Diet, and I decided I had nothing to lose - except weight. Within two weeks I was 1st lighter. From then on I was determined to slim down and stay that way. Sticking rigidly to the weight-loss plan, I lost 9st in as many months. At just 9st and a size 10, I was literally less than half the woman I used to be. And my life changed beyond all recognition.

I had so much more energy, I could fit in to almost anything I picked up in the trendy shops and I could run around after Zoe without my thighs chafing together. But it wasn't long before the euphoria of losing the weight waned, only to be replaced by another anxiety. I was slim - but I still had the skin of a fat person. My boobs were only an A cup, but they drooped almost to my waist. My belly had a huge overhang of skin that I had to tuck into my pants.

I'd read enough to know that I needed a boob job and a tummy tuck. When I told Andy, 34, he said I didn't need it, but if it would make me happy, that he'd support me. By now I worked as a counsellor for the diet plan I'd used, so I decided to save up for the two ops.

Then, one night when I was using the internet, I stumbled across an advert for Living's Extreme Makeover TV show. The producers were looking for people to have transformations - I applied and was accepted. I had consultations with the surgeons and they went though the list of procedures that they felt would give me the perfect body. They recommended I have a tummy tuck, breast implants and an uplift, a lower facelift and an arm lift, all in one operation. And the really good part? It would be free. As I was admitted to theatre for the surgery I remembered feeling so scared. What if something went wrong? But I'd come too far to back out.

The surgery lasted eight hours and the recovery was painful. I was shocked by the scars. But dressed, I looked amazing. I was also given hair extensions and teeth veneers. When my new look was revealed to friends and family, they were stunned. Andy's face was a picture! I looked sexy and 20 years younger. 'You're still the same in there though,' he said, putting his hand over my heart.

But I was treated like a different person. Now I was slim, men held doors open for me and openly flirted. Other attractive women would eye me up and down when I was out shopping - but not with disgust, with envy. And I admit, I liked it. But my priority was being a good mum, wife and getting on my with my life.

Six months later, Andy and I tried for another baby - and Polly was born in January 2008. This time I'd been sensible with my diet and I lost the baby weight I gained.

Although my body looked good - it needed a little fine-tuning. So I decided to have a thigh lift and a second breast uplift. I'd saved the £12,000 I needed and in July 2008 I went in for the surgery.

Some people will think I'm mad, but I don't care. Andy loves me - each time I have surgery it's like he gets a brand new wife!

There are areas of my body that still need to be changed though - my back has loose skin on it, and my tummy could be flatter. My belly button needs to be repositioned, too.

So I'm going to have one final op in December - a body lift. I'll be pretty much cut in half so all the excess skin can be trimmed away around my tummy. After years of trying, I'll finally have my dream body. Some people think I'm addicted to surgery, but I'm not. I just want to be the best I can. What's wrong with that?"

Andy says: "I've always loved Katie regardless of how she looked. She worked hard to lose weight and if she wants to change her body to fit the new her, I support her all the way. I always felt proud to be her husband, but now even more so. She's sexy with her new body, but I fell in love with her smile - and that hasn't changed."

[center][img]http:///m637kq[/img]
Age 27, 8 1/2 stone or 53.97kg:
'I was slim but had the skin of a fat person'
[/center]

WHAT KATIE'S HAD DONE
Tummy tuck £6,700
Arm lift £5,500
Facelift £5,700
Breast implants & uplift £7,500
Veneers £12,000
Thigh lift & 2nd breast uplift £12,000
TOTAL: £49,400

for SOURCE: Click here . . . everyone to their own hmm?
Re: a £50,000.00 Body - But I'm Still Not Happy by platinumnk(f): 8:32am On May 31, 2009
wow
Re: a £50,000.00 Body - But I'm Still Not Happy by dominique(f): 12:19pm On May 31, 2009
seems to me like another case Body Dysmorphic disorder- no matter how good they look to people. . .they always hate what you see in the mirror and will want to change something about themselves at all cost. she berra get help before she ends up like that plastic surgery addict barbie doll jenny lee.

Re: a £50,000.00 Body - But I'm Still Not Happy by chyk91(m): 9:38pm On May 31, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: a £50,000.00 Body - But I'm Still Not Happy by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 31, 2009
dominique:

seems  to me like another case Body Dysmorphic disorder- no matter how good they look to people. . .they always hate what you see in the mirror and will want to change something about themselves at all cost.  she berra get help before she ends up like that plastic surgery addict barbie doll jenny lee.

exactly!!! there are thousands out there like her. its not the result that matter is the going under the knife.
its a mental sickness.
havent you heard of the korean girl that was so hooked on surgery that when she ran out of money she injected cooking oil in her face and brought devastating results.
Re: a £50,000.00 Body - But I'm Still Not Happy by dominique(f): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2009
ewwww coooking oil as botox. . .genius tongue
Re: a £50,000.00 Body - But I'm Still Not Happy by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2009
dominique:

ewwww coooking oil as botox. . .genius tongue

you have to wonder, what would take someone to inject cooking oil in their face?! this addiction is as bad as any other addiction.
this is how she look after her smart move.

Re: a £50,000.00 Body - But I'm Still Not Happy by dominique(f): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2009
DAMN!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
hows she liking it now. . .poor thang

(1) (Reply)

Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues / Akeredolu Commissions New Medical Equipment To Boost HealthCare In Ondo / Price Of Shea Butter Per KG!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.