Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 (6232 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Unveils The All-New 2019 G550 G-Wagon / The New Mercedes GLB Will Be The Baby G-wagon / Would You Buy This 1982 Peugeot 504 Station Wagon For ₦6million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Vbabs(m): 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
Hi All,

I need some advice from experienced persons on Mitsubishi space wagon 2002/2003 model.

How economical is the car in terms of maintenance and fuel consumption?

Any typical fault common to this brand?

I will appreciate as much response as possible on this as I plan to get the ride by the end of this month (Tokunbo).

Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2015
Vbabs:
Hi All,

I need some advice from experienced persons on Mitsubishi space wagon 2002/2003 model.

I will appreciate as much response as possible on this as I plan to get the ride by the end of this month (Tokunbo).

How much is something like this?
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Vbabs(m): 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2015
EgunMogaji:

How much is something like this?

EgunMogaji

Kindly read the post allover. I'm asking for experienced users opinion on the car. I'm also considering getting one very soon.
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by DGD1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2015
GDI, Hmmmmmmn.
my advice is to 1st find a competent mechanic for it(if you are buying cheap) .
a lot of folks have issues with their's without tangible solution.
you can search for mitsubishi GDI Here on nairaland and you will find a thread for it.

www.nairaland.com/2005293/mitsubishi-space-wagon-gdi-automatic

www.nairaland.com/2182122/mitsusbishi-gdi-refused-supply-feul

www.nairaland.com/1500458/mitsubishi-space-wagon-gdi-brain

1 Like

Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Vbabs(m): 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
DGD1:
GDI, Hmmmmmmn.
my advice is to 1st find a competent mechanic for it(if you are buying cheap) .
a lot of folks have issues with their's without tangible solution.
you can search for mitsubishi GDI Here on nairaland and you will find a thread for it.

www.nairaland.com/2005293/mitsubishi-space-wagon-gdi-automatic

www.nairaland.com/2182122/mitsusbishi-gdi-refused-supply-feul

www.nairaland.com/1500458/mitsubishi-space-wagon-gdi-brain

Thanks DGD1,

Saw lots of mixes comments in the threads.

One can't shy away from the fact that all car brands will always hv a good and bad side. Just been careful as not to buy a brand that will be a "mechanic's lab rat"
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by mayor2013: 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2015
Vbabs:
Hi All,

Any typical common to this brand?

If you make your research well you would know personally that this car is an error in existence. From information it has got a factory recall. When you buy the ride thr first problem you encounter is a case where the doesn't rev pass a certain RPM. For the naija setting a conversion of engine is always done to counter this problem. Sometimes the problem could prevail from the accelerator pedal postion sensor. But if that doesn't solve it then a conversion of engine would be done. Dealt with 2 cases of this car and I can tell you a conversion of engine was done on the first about 2yrs ago and the second which is still recent is still being worked upon. Preferably you get another car
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Vbabs(m): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2015
mayor2013:

If you make your research well you would know personally that this car is an error in existence. From information it has got a factory recall. When you buy the ride thr first problem you encounter is a case where the doesn't rev pass a certain RPM. For the naija setting a conversion of engine is always done to counter this problem. Sometimes the problem could prevail from the accelerator pedal postion sensor. But if that doesn't solve it then a conversion of engine would be done. Dealt with 2 cases of this car and I can tell you a conversion of engine was done on the first about 2yrs ago and the second which is still recent is still being worked upon. Preferably you get another car

Mayor2013,

Thanks. The that was a straight one.

If you would recommend which affordable 7seater brand will suggest. 01-03 model
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by DGD1(m): 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2015
Vbabs:

Thanks DGD1,

Saw lots of mixes comments in the threads.

One can't shy away from the fact that all car brands will always hv a good and bad side. Just been careful as not to buy a brand that will be a "mechanic's lab rat"

you welcome.
lol @ "lab rat"

mayor2013 is a trusted guy (good mechanic), he has spoken.
Thank God you are changing your option.
how much is your budget (range)
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Vbabs(m): 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2015
DGD1:

you welcome.
lol @ "lab rat"

mayor2013 is a trusted guy (good mechanic), he has spoken.
Thank God you are changing your option.
how much is your budget (range)

Yea...Went through his profile

Budget is 750-850k.

In fact already had plans of paying for a toks 02 Mitsubishi space wagon 02 in 2wk time 800k (manual).

So wot brand would u recommend

@Mayor2013
@DGD1
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by yomifola(m): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2015
I have a clean used Toyota sienna for sale.. 740k
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Vbabs(m): 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
yomifola:
I have a clean used Toyota sienna for sale.. 740k

Which year?

Got pictures?
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by DGD1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2015
Vbabs:

Yea...Went through his profile

Budget is 750-850k.

In fact already had plans of paying for a toks 02 Mitsubishi space wagon 02 in 2wk time 800k (manual).

So wot brand would u recommend

@Mayor2013
@DGD1

d year you want and the money you have makes it kinda diff
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2015
Vbabs:

EgunMogaji

Kindly read the post allover. I'm asking for experienced users opinion on the car. I'm also considering getting one very soon.

Kindly read my response, again maybe slowly this time.

I'm asking how much something like this is, from you if you care, or other forumers.
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2015
Kindly read the following.

Don't buy the GDI.

Don't buy the sienna.

If you really desire efficiency economy tolerance to bad roads and mechanics, buy the toyota picnic.
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by DGD1(m): 4:50am On Dec 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Don't buy the GDI.

Don't buy the sienna.

If you really desire efficiency economy tolerance to bad roads and mechanics, buy the toyota picnic.

yeah the picnic is a good car, I know a couple of people (men and women) who use it as an everyday car.
go along with someone who knows about cars well (not by mouth o) to check well before you pay/buy
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Vbabs(m): 4:52am On Dec 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Don't buy the GDI.

Don't buy the sienna.

Gazzuzz

Thanks man
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Vbabs(m): 4:55am On Dec 06, 2015
DGD1:

yeah the picnic is a good car, I know a couple of people (men and women) who use it as an everyday car.
go along with someone who knows about cars well (not by mouth o) to check well before you pay/buy

Thanks alot.
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by b2212(m): 9:05am On Dec 06, 2015
Vbabs:
Hi All,

Not a good buy except you are buying real cheap. Still trying to sell mine off at any price. Never used the car for one day in its 18mths of existence.
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by DGD1(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2015
b2212:

Not a good buy except you are buying real cheap. Still trying to sell mine off at any price. Never used the car for one day in its 18mths of existence.

eya, kpele
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Vbabs(m): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
b2212:

Dis is serious!!!
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by eaglechild: 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Don't buy the GDI.

Don't buy the sienna.

Please can you throw more light on the sienna as I'm about to get a 2007 LE.

I don't care much about fuel economy why the advice against it.
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by DECOtech(m): 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
I'm currently using a refurbished 1999 model of the Mitsubishi Space Wagon with GDI engine as my daily driver. the previous owner ran its first engine to the ground then I got the car from him and replaced engine with the same type. since then I've added 11,000km to the vehicle's mileage so far and I feel confident to drive it to sambisa and back. I even fixed the AC recently and I can tell you that I'm enjoying the ride.

In my own opinion, I think the vehicle in question is a good car.
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by salvo583: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
This car i used and enjoyed for 6months after purchase,it is very very fuel efficient with high ground clearance before different set of wahala's came creeping in. Moreso i source for parts from lagos .I parked it in my compound for a whole year because it didnt start . I never really surfed the nairaland cartalk back then for advices. This car show me ooo no be small, quack mechanics were doing trial & error on it. I have always noticed smoking exhaust on this particular brand. I have used nissan micra,sunny,pathfinder. I decided to change to mitsubushi and it was a terrific experience. The car still does my shuttle from ib to lag,akure,abuja and ilorin without stress. But i still prefare my altima 2008(though i hear say na problematic car too) anytime to it
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by Vbabs(m): 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
salvo583:
This car i used and enjoyed for 6months after purchase,it is very very fuel efficient with high ground clearance before different set of wahala's came creeping in. Moreso i source for parts from lagos .I parked it in my compound for a whole year because it didnt start . I never really surfed the nairaland cartalk back then for advices. This car show me ooo no be small, quack mechanics were doing trial & error on it. I have always noticed smoking exhaust on this particular brand. I have used nissan micra,sunny,pathfinder. I decided to change to mitsubushi and it was a terrific experience. The car still does my shuttle from ib to lag,akure,abuja and ilorin without stress. But i still prefare my altima 2008(though i hear say na problematic car too) anytime to it

So in your opinion, its not a good buy right?
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by salvo583: 11:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
Vbabs:

Buy only if you can get specilized hands on it, but i would prefare you to buy a common brand models we see on the road. You can just pick a less everyday car colour like Skyblue,lemon green & lemon green just to standout
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2003 by salvo583: 11:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
Vbabs:

Buy only if you can get specilized hands on it, but i would prefare you to buy a common brand models we see on the road. You can just pick a less everyday car colour like Skyblue,lemon green & burnt orange, maroon brown just to standout

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Have To Turn Off My AC When Entering A Pool Of Water? / How Can I Differentiate Between Korean And Chinese Car Batteries? / Honda Accord 2005 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.