Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

NDLEA Nabs Abia Hemp Distributors - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Nabs Abia Hemp Distributors (622 Views)

'I bought a Car after i Invested N10m Into India Hemp'-Arrested Unilag Grad (pic / NDLEA Nabs Two Grandmothers For Drug Trafficking At Lagos Airport (Pics) / Federal Sars Nabs 2 Notorious Robbery Suspects In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Nabs Abia Hemp Distributors by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2015
A raid by narcotics agents of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, has led to the discovery of 137kgs of cannabis and the
arrest of two suspects in Abia State.

The NDLEA commander in the state, Mr. Dele Akingbade, said the two suspects, 35-year-old Fidelis Ogbonna and 68-year-old Ududem Nwoke, were major hemp distributors in the state.

Akingbade said a cannabis warehouse run by Nwoke was discovered during the raid. It was there the NDLEA discovered nine bags of cannabis weighing 87kg.

When Ogbonna was arrested, a vehicle he used for the distribution was also impounded. fifty kilogrammes of cannabis ready for
distribution was reportedly recovered by the NDLEA agents in the process.

Fidelis, a native of Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State, said he is married with three children. He explained that he could not go beyond primary school level in his education and it has forced him to rely on the proceeds of the cannabis business to
fend for his family.

“My father died when I was a little child and I have suffered. A friend introduced me to the cannabis business. I use the proceeds
to take care of my family. I also use my personal car to distribute it to avoid suspicion,” he said.

Nwoke also gave a similar confession. He said he had been sustaining his family with cannabis proceeds.

The suspect, a native of Obowo Local Government Area of Imo State told investigators that he has no formal education and is married with two children.
“Cannabis sale is my only source of livelihood,” he said.

Officials told Saturday PUNCH that his son, who had been assisting his father in the cannabis trade, is currently on the run.
According to a statement by NDLEA spokesperson, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, the suspects will soon be charged to court for unlawful possession and trafficking of cannabis contrary to Section 11 sub-
section C and D of the NDLEA Act.

He quoted the acting Chairman of the agency, Mrs. Roli Bode-George, as expressing optimism that the agency’s anti-drug
strategies would continue to yield positive results in the country.

“These arrests and seizures are products of painstaking surveillance and the public should look forward to a systematic
dismantling of drug trafficking cartels in the days ahead,” Bode-
George said.

Source:- http://www.punchng.com/?p=13093

Re: NDLEA Nabs Abia Hemp Distributors by crispberry(f): 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2015
Food for NCA (name checkers' association
Re: NDLEA Nabs Abia Hemp Distributors by Thunderlicious: 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2015
Great IPOB!!!

I hail thee
Re: NDLEA Nabs Abia Hemp Distributors by jbbaba(m): 2:22am On Dec 06, 2015
GUD JOB OFFICERS
Re: NDLEA Nabs Abia Hemp Distributors by LastSurvivor: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2015
The hemp must have been supplied from Ondo or ogun..
Everyday for the thief, one day is for the owner.
Re: NDLEA Nabs Abia Hemp Distributors by j1mmy: 9:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
IGBO drug dealers!
Re: NDLEA Nabs Abia Hemp Distributors by edgyslim: 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
This Ndlea people bad gan. Na dem go tell the man make him hold those bags of weed make them take him picture. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

New Way Robbers Get Access To Your Car / See-photo-from-an-accident-between-a-wheel-barrow-pusher-and A Food Seller / Scammers Now Use (#GENERAL_OVERSEER_OF_MFM) fake Facebook account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.