Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. (9986 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Dinocarex(m): 8:13am On Dec 06, 2015
Hello, Nairlanders, for some times now, I have been itching to ask this question. The difference between being a Christian and a Born Again Christian.
Often times, I hear people ask me, Are you a Christian? My answer of course Yes!! , then they will proceed, are you a Born Again Christian? Sometimes, when I say Yes.. They will be like.....Are you sure??

Personally, I think Christianity is not just a religion but a way of life... Which one is now Born Again Christian?

I need explanation pls and you can as well quote the scripture.

Thanks

I

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by funnynation(m): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2015
Typical example ''like and love'' ''Teen and Adult'''

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Tallesty1(m): 8:26am On Dec 06, 2015
Christians Just Like To Confuse Themselves Bro.

According to the Bible anyane who follows CHRIST in word, deed and heart are born again once having invited CHRIST home and A Christian is someone who's Christ-Like. So what is the difference?

A Christian and a born again Christian are the same thing when we understand the terms properly. You can not be truly one without the other.

4 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Dekatron(m): 10:51am On Dec 06, 2015
Both need help

Non is different - They are both delusional, hypocrites & egocentric

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by hahn(m): 11:19am On Dec 06, 2015
Dekatron:
Both need help

Non is different - They are both delusional, hypocrites & egocentric

And this is coming from a Muslim grin
Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Hiswordxray(m): 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
The word Christianity had been hijacked and given different meaning. In fact I don't even know where to start answering your question, there is a lot wrong with Christianity today. Just focus on knowing God and drawing near to Him.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by okennab: 11:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
Example if a child at age 12 born into a christian family is ask her religion she will say she is a christian but dat doesnt mean she is born again, but born again comes wen she knows wat truly is Christianity and accept to drop her religious christianity and accept d Christ-lik ways.
U can be a Christian witout been born again but u cant be a born again witout been a Christian.
Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 18, 2017
Dinocarex:
Hello, Nairlanders, for some times now, I have been itching to ask this question. The difference between being a Christian and a Born Again Christian.
Often times, I hear people ask me, Are you a Christian? My answer of course Yes!! , then they will proceed, are you a Born Again Christian? Sometimes, when I say Yes.. They will be like.....Are you sure??

Personally, I think Christianity is not just a religion but a way of life... Which one is now Born Again Christian?

Thanks

I

Lol
Dont mind those people
The moment you receive Christ into your life you become born again
Idk where they saw born again Christian in the Bible
Every Christian is born again

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 18, 2017
okennab:
Example if a child at age 12 born into a christian family is ask her religion she will say she is a christian but dat doesnt mean she is born again, but born again comes wen she knows wat truly is Christianity and accept to drop her religious christianity and accept d Christ-lik ways.
U can be a Christian witout been born again but u cant be a born again witout been a Christian.

You cannot be a Christian without being born again
Being born into a Christian home doesnt make you a Christian
Until you confess Jesus as your Lord and Saviour .. you are not a Christian
Thus .. when you confess Him as your Lord and Saviour .. you become born again

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Nichoel: 8:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
Well, actually, there is a difference in a Confessing Christian and a born again Christian. The difference is this, the first type just confesses they believe in Jesus, but they will still die in their sins, if they don't obey Jesus' teachings to be born again (Matt. 7:21-23) and the second type has obeyed Jesus. To be born again, we MUST be born again of water and of the Spirit (Holy Ghost) John 3 KJV. This is a spirit birth that only God can give us once we have obeyed Him. Jesus told us we must be born again (John 3) and Peter told us how we become born again in Jesus' name in Acts 2:38-47. 3000 plus souls were truly saved that day. (They were not baptized in the titles, either.... Jesus was referring to His own name in Matt. 28:18-19 and ALL of Jesus' disciples, apostles and followers obviously obeyed Jesus' command. This is the true gospel that the churches of Satan (all church denominations) keep from people, because God told us in Revelation 12:9 that Satan will deceive the whole world.. How? By telling people that a confession and belief alone saves souls, but obeying Acts 2:38 doesn't. Satan has deceived the whole world today by keeping the precious name of Jesus out of their water baptisms, saying it's only a symbol, but Satan has lied to all. It is the only way to please God. Obey His Son, the perfect MAN Jesus Christ (1Tim. 2:5) who's not God, but God's Son, and be born again and truly walk in the newness of life. ACTS 2:38 Praise Jesus!
Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Freksy(m): 1:53am On Feb 27, 2017
If anyone you can see physically - flesh and blood - tells you he is born again, then he certainly does not know what is meant to be born again.

We all on earth today were first born of flesh and thus we are flesh and only fit for earthly life. Born again is a rebirth, but of spirit. It'll make one fit to live in heaven, since flesh can't be there. It's a show of ignorance when a man in the flesh says he is born again.

What is begotten of flesh is flesh; what is begotten of spirit is spirit. Such a rebirth only happens when a faithful Christian dies and is resurrected to heaven with a spirit body, since flesh and blood can't exist in the spirit realm must like fish can't exist on land.

When we were first born, we had no choice. When one is born again he has no choice too. God does the choosing, ours is to ensure we are faithful to him till death. YOU CAN'T BORN YOURSELF. SOMEONE ELSE - A SPIRIT THIS TIME WILL BORN YOU..... you will BE BORN AGAIN.

John 3:3 & 6

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by enshy: 7:41am On Feb 27, 2017
Dinocarex:

Thanks

I
Bro In Christ you are on point and may God bless you.
Truly Xtianity is the religion of those that believe but may not live the life.
Beign a Xtian is living the life of Christ for 'the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch'.It was a nickname to those that lived and preached Christ...It means little Christs.
Now being born again is same..Therefore being a christian and being born again is same! If you claim to be a christian, you must be born again for 'let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity' BUT Xtianity defines only a xtians beliefs in Christ and isnt bothered whethered its practised or not!
Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by jnrbayano(m): 9:19am On Feb 27, 2017
1) On the judgement day a dossier of your deeds while on earth will be pulled out...

2) There's where your judgement will be based.

3) There are Non-Christians that will make heaven.

4) There are "Born Again" Christians that will miss heaven.

No statement above is false.
Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Emusan(m): 11:02am On Feb 27, 2017
Dinocarex:

Thanks

I

What you failed to realise is the context of how the question being asked.

For instance, in Nigeria today, once a person's name is Emmanuel, John, Deborah, Andrew e.t.c the general belief is that the person is a Christian or if you live in the northern part of Nigeria but you can't recite Qur'an, it means you're a Christian.

So the whole thing boiled down to; being associated with the name Christianity and being actually practiced Christianity (that is following the foot step of our Lord and Saviour, Christ Jesus)

The question can be rephrased this way. Do you just associate with the name Christianity or you're actually practicing Christianity?

It's unfortunate that majority of today's Christians are associate Christian.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Princewell2012(m): 11:06am On Aug 10, 2021
okennab:

Am creating a topic between being a Christian and a born again before I stumbled upon this explanation. Am sure you are still alive God bless you so much. That have been my observations so I decided to search deeper. Am so blessed.
You can as shade more light on it and magnify it I want to reach on this topic. Thank you so much.
Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by paxonel(m): 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
Dinocarex:

Thanks

I
there is nothing like born again Christian in the bible it is all a sham as those who claim to be born again are terrible sinners too, scriptures cannot lie. 1 John 1:8

But who is a Christian?
Anyone who believes in the crucifixion and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ through his faith, by so doing has obtained salvation therefore he is a Christian.

John 3:16 ...WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

You will also note that anyone whosoever was born into a Christian family, it will be very difficult to convince such a person that Jesus isn't the resurrected Christ, that is the idea of being a Christian, not trying to have people say you do not commit sin.
Re: The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. by Kobojunkie: 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Dinocarex:

I need explanation pls and you can as well quote the Thanks
I
To be a Christian is to have the "Christian" badge as a religious title. undecided
To be born-again though means one believes, and has gained access into the Kingdom of God, this either through the broad gate that leads to destruction or through the narrow gate that leads to true life - Matthew 7 vs 13-14. undecided
Those who are born-again are those who are born born water and born of Spirit- John 3 vs 1 - 8 undecided

(1) (Reply)

Christians And Muslins How Would You Bash Hermaphrodites / Will You Be Ready When The Lord Shall Come? - Olamide Obire / Religion As A Tool For Impoverishing Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.