Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual (2251 Views)

Camry Muscle Ac Conversion (auto To Manual) Feedback / Is Power Sterring Fluid Diffrent From Automatic Transmission Fluid? / How To Convert An Automatic To Manual Transmission (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual by NwaTeacher1: 10:52am On Dec 06, 2015
I had a leaking compressor and want to change it. My Ac technician told me that for it to work, he will convert the mechanism of my Ac which is automatic to manual. I don't understand the reason behind this and want to know if it is a good idea to allow him go on with the conversion. Your advice and suggestion is highly needed. Thanks
Re: Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual by mayor2013: 11:22am On Dec 06, 2015
NwaTeacher1:
I had a leaking compressor and want to change it. My Ac technician told me that for it to work, he will convert the mechanism of my Ac which is automatic to manual. I don't understand the reason behind this and want to know if it is a good idea to allow him go on with the conversion. Your advice and suggestion is highly needed. Thanks

Woulf be nice if you tell us the type of car as am lost.
Re: Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual by NwaTeacher1: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2015
2000 infiniti Qx4
Re: Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 06, 2015
I struggle to understand why you'd want to ruin a perfectly good car.

What's wrong with either fixing the leak in your existing compressor, or sourcing the CORRECT compressor as a replacement? Your compressor was designed variable displacement for a reason. Less load on the engine, and better gas mileage as a result.

The software in your climate control module is optimised for your current set-up. It is NOT designed to drive a magnetic clutch as used on older vehicles.
Re: Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual by mayor2013: 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
NwaTeacher1:
2000 infiniti Qx4

To restore your car back to factory way. Buy same compressor that came with your car (be it with the automatic clutch type or manual. If your car came with an automatic compressor and you install a manual type. The ecu needs correct feeds frm the compressor to determine fuel injection so as to compensate for load, if those values are wrong then you would be dealing with

1) high fuel consumption

2) rough idling when your Ac is put on

3) excessive wear on engine
Re: Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual by NwaTeacher1: 7:14am On Dec 07, 2015
Siena and Mayor 2013, thanks for your contributions and suggestions
Re: Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual by maco22(m): 7:48am On Dec 07, 2015
I believe there are two major challenges with this.

1. The AC technicians do not know how to fix the automatic AC systems with new or used compressors
2. It is difficult to find new compressors in the market

This is my experience, I don't know if anyone has faced this challenge as well.

Sienna,mayor et all, waiting for your advice/comments
Re: Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual by diportivo: 9:03am On Dec 07, 2015
maco22:
I believe there are two major challenges with this.

1. The AC technicians do not know how to fix the automatic AC systems with new or used compressors
2. It is difficult to find new compressors in the market

This is my experience, I don't know if anyone has faced this challenge as well.

Sienna,mayor et all, waiting for your advice/comments

Number 2 shld be ur surest bet

I also had to put the "manual" compressor in my xterra some months back and its been working fine

Prior to dat i had changed it once before,to the type that came with the car,and that one was tokunbo.i was angry cos it didnt last and den d talk of dis manual one came up

I am on d lookout for the symptoms mayor2013 outlined tho.....non has come up for now
Re: Ac Conversion From Automatic To Manual by sultaan(m): 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
Maybe I don't understand what he meant by leak at compressor but if he replaced the oring at the high and low connections they refill the sysrem should that fix the problem?

He never said the compressor was bad just had a leak, am I missing something

(1) (Reply)

The New Peugeot 4008 SUV: Designed For Tough Road Conditions! / Golf 3 Hard Starting. Gurus help please! / I Need A Nigerian Used Mitsubishi Space Wagon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.