Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:47 PM

James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC (28113 Views)

James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper / I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by 247frolic(m): 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2015
According to INEC, James Faleke remains Kogi deputy governor elect despite the latter publicly withdrawing his participation in the elections.

INEC during the early hours of the day declared Yahaya Bello governor elect after his victory in the state's supplementary governorship elections.

Amina Zakari, the INEC national commissioner, declared that Faleke remained Bello’s deputy because his party, the APC, had not withdrawn his nomination even though he had written to the electoral umpire informing it of his intention to pull out of the race.

“Unless the party withdraws a candidate, his letter is not enough, and unless the proper channel is followed which is through the party,” she said.

Faleke was running mate to late Abubakar Audu, and had asked to be declared governor-elect after Audu’s death. He'd also filed a suit against conducting the supplementary elections. The suit had been rejected.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/12/kogi-polls-james-faleke-is-yahaya.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Hernandez88(m): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
It Good For Democracy.

Meanwhile, my candid advice to Hon. Faleke is that half bread is better than puff-puff. He should take it & see it as stepping stone cos nobody knows tommorrow.

From my point of view, deputy governor position is still good as same as member house of representative.

Wht i dn't knw is that, what will now happen to his house of representative slot if he eventually take the deputy governor post?

FTC for the first time, is no big deal.........maybe make i dey wait for alert from Oga Seun..........lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by rolexsms(m): 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
Ok
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Imortal001: 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
Ok ooooooh
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Xtopherprince(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2015
INEC to Falake..........You are the deputy governor by force! Falake to INEC.......... Come and carry me nah.

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by nickxtra(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2015
Xtopherprince:
INEC to Falake..........You are the deputy governor by force!
Falake to INEC.......... Come and carry me nah.
grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
Xtopherprince:

You can force a horse to the stream, you no fit force am make e drink water.

5 Likes

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by baralatie(m): 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
Xtopherprince:
HahahahahHa
No be small quarrel

5 Likes

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Hernandez88(m): 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2015
Badt Guy

Xtopherprince:
grin

2 Likes

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by bunmioguns(m): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
Abeg come give me

1 Like

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Mynd44: 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hernandez88:
It Good For Democracy.

Meanwhile, my candid advice to Hon. Faleke is that half bread is better than puff-puff. He should take it & see it as stepping stone cos nobody knows tommorrow.

From my point of view, deputy governor position is still good as same as member house of representative.

Wht i dn't knw is that, what will now happen to his house of representative slot if he eventually take the deputy governor post?

The moment he is sworn in as deputy governor, he will cease to bep a member of the house of reps and INEC will conduct a bye-election to elect someone who wil finish his tenure. The same way the Governor (in waiting) of Taraba state will be minister until she is sworn in or resigns.

1 Like

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Nairadean(m): 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
True talk, it's left to him and the party to retain or be withdrawn
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Mynd44: 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
Nairadean:
True talk, it's left to him and the party to retain or be withdrawn
As of right now, I think he can only resign to either Bello or the state house of assembly(I stand corrected)
Heck, even APC cant remove him right now. Only the state house can
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by gentledavid(m): 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
This faleke guy has really suffered,now he's being forced to be the deputy gov.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
Faleke is smart. He is clearly the governor. How many registered persons came out to vote on Saturday? Clearly Faleke should have been declared winner of the election earlier

14 Likes

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by MyMouth(m): 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mynd44:

As of right now, I think he can only resign to either Bello or the state house of assembly(I stand corrected)
And how dem wen take remove am sef for the house when Igalas and Okuns dey vex!
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by citizenY(m): 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hernandez88:
It Good For Democracy.

The honorable thing is to go back to LaGuardia and retool himself for the seat in the next election. Kogi needs to cool down. U discuss not see ant use in his being a deputy givwrnor. It will be like Robin and Bucknor.

2 Likes

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by citizenY(m): 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hernandez88:
It Good For Democracy.

The honorable thing is to go back to LaGuardia and retool himself for the seat in the next election. Kogi needs to cool down. U discuss not see ant use in his being a deputy givwrnor. It will be like Tinubu and Bucknor..

Remember??

1 Like

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by tunex23: 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
APC is worst than PDP, Faleke should go to court and reject that deputy post. What a useless 419 party, Buhari and co are not fit to be Governing this country

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by docadams: 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mynd44:

There are 3 outlets: resign, get impeached, or follow Audu.
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by ricsman(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
guy u funny lol
Xtopherprince:
gentledavid:
This faleke guy has really suffered,now he's being forced to be the deputy gov.
ok
tunex23:
APC is worst than PDP, Faleke should go to court and reject that deputy post. What a useless 419 party, Buhari and co are not fit to be Governing this country
wasn'tit the post of a deputy that he bargained bf the death of Audu.... I see no fuss here.

actually when I first heard of the death of Audu and the fight for a replacement, I asked myself where is the first runner up during the APC primary. isn't he supposed to be the next in line?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by tunex23: 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
ricsman:
guy u funny lolok
wasn'tit the post of a deputy that he bargained bf the death of Audu.... I see no fuss here.
actually when I first heard of the death of Audu and the fight for a replacement, I asked myself where is the first runner up during the APC primary. isn't he supposed to be the next in line?
sharaap there....ebira man were in Mathematics did you see 25,000 greater than 41,000? Use your common sense

3 Likes

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
INEC just shot itself in the foot. The electoral act states that a person chosen as deputy governorship candidate must show acceptance. How come after Faleke rejected the post INEC is imposing it on him, a thing which even APC can not do? PDP has just gotten another point on which it will challenge the declaring of Bello, winner.

4 Likes

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by kokoA(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
Falake be collect the one wey reach you now, else you go end up with nothing eventually o. A word is enough for the wise sha.
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by docadams: 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
@Mynd44
You did a good job yesterday moderating the thread on Bayelsa governorship election. But today it's a mad house - so many threads creating so much confusion. Why so?
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Hernandez88(m): 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
Dn't understand you!

citizenY:

The honorable thing is to go back to LaGuardia and retool himself for the seat in the next election. Kogi needs to cool down. U discuss not see ant use in his being a deputy givwrnor. It will be like Tinubu and Bucknor..

Remember??
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by lasisi69(f): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
End time deputy

1 Like

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by drss(m): 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
tunex23:
true talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by yomalex(m): 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
Ok
Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by Prodeegee(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
Politics tho...

Anyways I have German Shepherd puppies for sale. Contacts on my signature.

Re: James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC by tedijohn: 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Criticizes Presidency Over Rejecting US Recognition Of Jerusalem / Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal / Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.