Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? (9299 Views)

IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed / Ajimobi To Olubadan: Don’t Allow Disgruntled Elements To Set You ‎against Govern / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:09am On Dec 10, 2015
pazienza:
Bia, the goodjoe, kordi gini ka ana akpor gi, never in your life again compare Igboland to any part of Nigeria in your life again.

Because of your ignorance, I had to go through the stress of reposting these stats again.
There is no better measurememt of a people level of development and quality of life than a measure of how far they have gone in achieving the MDGS, and right now, Igboland is on top of the MDGS achievement percentage in Nigeria.

You should know your mate's and stick with it.

All those Long story did not give any details of Infrastructural development. I am talking of Infrastructural development. Show me how much the governors of the Eastern states have channeled the allocations into building the states.

Last year, I went to Aba and I was almost in tears. I said this is evil, far from wickedness. Imagine there was a time a State like that was getting N17 Billion every month from the government.

Yet, you guys will scream, "Nde Hausa Di Wicked." What about Governors Unu?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by pazienza(m): 7:35am On Dec 10, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

All those Long story did not give any details of Infrastructural development. I am talking of Infrastructural development. Show me how much the governors of the Eastern states have channeled the allocations into building the states.

Last year, I went to Aba and I was almost in tears. I said this is evil, far from wickedness. Imagine there was a time a State like that was getting N17 Billion every month from the government.

Yet, you guys will scream, "Nde Hausa Di Wicked." What about Governors Unu.

Name one second city in any Nigerian state bigger and commercially more viable than Aba, other than Onitsha?

You are talking trash, Umuahia is Abia capital, and it's clean and all tarred, I believe Aba can do better, but it must be hammered into the Igbophobic brains that Aba is not the capital city of Abia state.

So I should ignore those veritable facts and accept your ignorant story as the measure of infrastructural development of SE?

If you want to see pic of the SE, visit here: https://www.nairaland.com/2576371/eastern-
neighbourhoods-streets-made

Quit being ignorant and spreading unfounded rumours, it's irritating.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 10, 2015
Performing governors or not self-determination is an inalienable right of a people. Exclusively hyping on governors performance as the antidote to the quest of a people to self-determination at this critical moment is simply diversionary and mischievous to state the least.

This argument seems to be predicated on the premise that other governors are doing excellently better than their SE counterparts. And that is totally false and amounts to a campaign of calumny.

Which of other governors performed creditably better than Chime Sullivan, Peter Obi or Chris Ngige vis-a-vis the available funds at their disposal?

The infallible truth is that the Nigerian system has been so designed to foist notorious crooks on the people and also frustrate credible people from performing.

Acknowledge the simple fact that Igbos fare better than most tribes despite their numerous looting of the commonwealth and great federal government presence. The Igbos have the highest concentration of middle-class citizens while squalor and penury pervade other enclaves. You can see the reality in the shocking manner many of other States are in comatose with many of its civil servants surviving on the good gestures of concerned Nigerians.

With the dwindling crude oil earnings Igbo States are the least affected largely due to the fact that their economy is not crude oil dependent. Fayose of Ekiti government had to send some of its citizens to the SE to learn a skill/trade in a bid to grow the economy of Ekiti State.

Remember that after the civil war the federal government promised to rehabilitate and reconstruct the Eastern region but subsequent evil governments diverted Gowon’s 3Rs to other regions for neglecting and under-developing the Eastern region for deliberate obvious reasons.

Look at this: the Imo airport was built by the people of Imo state, where almost everyone contributed to make the airport a reality.

Generally speaking Igbos are doing fairly well individually and community-wise. The main problem is the anti-Igbo policies being implemented for the past 45 years, targeting of Igbo economy and businesses, insitutionalised discrimination, Igbo careers in federal institutions, lopsided citing of federal infrastructures and investments, killings of Igbos in non-Igbo States and destruction of Igbo means of livelihoods.
Money is criminally collected from SE/SS people via institutions collectively built with the commonwealth and it is selectively used to give to free education to certain parasitic region.

The Nigerian structure is so fashioned to favour some sections while emasculating the other viable/vibrant sections. And the status quo looks very unlikely to change anytime soon. It's more likened to a journey to nowhere.

A legitimate agitation by a people for a simple referendum is no way a crime. Reeling out old time war tales with video clips and pictures reeks of hypocrisy and only meant to divert attention from the crust of the matter to the subterranean.

Victor Hugo once said "no army can stop an idea whose time has come" and that "one can resist the invasion of armies but not the invasion of ideas". 

https://www.nairaland.com/2760376/ernest-obiejesi-donates-world-class

https://www.nairaland.com/2576371/eastern-neighbourhoods-streets-made

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment
https://www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

https://www.nairaland.com/2690726/looking-top-30-richest-nigerians

https://www.nairaland.com/2671323/anambra-students-win-science-exhibition

https://www.nairaland.com/503406/nigerian-student-achieves-best-2010

https://www.nairaland.com/2613463/igbos-most-brilliant-black-african
The full study can be found here:
http://www.unz.com/article/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-white-issue/

https://www.nairaland.com/2614116/uzoamaka-aduba-wins-emmy-role#38226903

https://www.nairaland.com/2658131/biafra-urhobo-eulogizes-igbo-says

https://www.nairaland.com/2638157/igbo-appreciation-thread

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 10, 2015
Discuss what is related to Biafra agitation. Biafra agitation is not about state governance, is that too difficult to comprehend?

If state governance is the problem, then there wouldn't be need for Biafra in the first place. I feel you're learned enough to understand what we have been telling you, you just prefer to distract with state governance.

I won't reply your assertions on state governance

If you want to engage us on state governance please open another thread not related to Biafra, mention me and any other Handle there, then we can discuss south East governance vis-a-vis states of other Regions. Probably when we are done you will understand how the south East has survived the marginalisation so far, survived the looting by state goverment and still emerged on top of most developmental indices.
Does that make sense?

TheGoodJoe:

Who hates Igbo? Definitely not me. My mother is a full blooded Igbo. So how can I hate Igbos.

As of a May 2013.

1. Akwa Ibom. 31LGCs. N69.4bn
2. Rivers. 23 LGCs. N67.6bn

21.ANAMBRA. 21LGCS. 18.74BN
25.ABIA. 17LGCS. 17.48BN
31.ENUGU. 17LGCS. 16.4BN
13.IMO. 27LGCS. 21.9BN

Does this look like less than 10%?

Imagine there was a time IMO State was getting N21 Billion every month. Yet, you guys want the Federal Government to do everything.

You guys have a lot of things you accuse the Federal Government of not doing in the Igbo land. Which accusations do you guys have from your governors?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 10, 2015
You will definitely find it difficult to reconcile.

That federal government has deprived us of federal presence doesn't mean we don't have State presence or igbos are not working hard. All we say is, it shouldn't take 53 years for federal government to build international airport in south East when they built that of other Regions many years back, it's not fair. If you're learned enough, you did know the economic deprivation of not having an international airport for 53 years.
So, If south East states can still measure up with other Nigerian state and come on top, imagine where we would been if there was federal presence like we have them in other states outside south east.

I hope you find the brain to reconcile it, now.

bloodyBLOGGER:
on one hand, you claim you are ahead of most Nigerian states. On the other, you scream marginalisation.

Which one do we believe? grin

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by safarigirl(f): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2015
I doubt state governance has anything to do with the Biafran struggle.

The only poorly governed states in SE may be Abia and Ebonyi.....and those states are far better than places like Taraba, Gombe, Yobe,Zamfara, Jigawa, Kogi, Borno and Katsina on any level.

Summing it up to poor performance of state governors is myopic to say the least

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
kenny987:
I will respond with some questions of my own:

1. Do u agree that there are fundamental problems with the structure and allocation principles of Nigeria that are responsible for the deep decay we have today?

2. Have there been calls and demands for changes?

3. Previous administrations from independence till date, how many attempted to address these issues until Jonathan?

4. With the uneven representation at Federal level and knowing that the North with more representatives constantly kick against fiscal autonomy, how did u expect implementation within one year?

5. Killing and detention of MASSOB members arose out of the same demand for separation. The Nigerian system is already rigged to fail so are u surprised that unarmed people demanding their rights to self-determination are treated with impunity even till now?

6. Have Christians generally and Igbos particularly been singled out for killings in d muslim North. Who has been punished or imprisoned for such wickedness?

7. With sharia in a supposedly secular country and d destruction of large number of alcoholic beverages in places like Kano which represent businesses of 'fellow' Nigerians, was there compensation? Did u hear Igbos or Christians kill anyone despite such losses?

8. Must Biafra remain part of Nigeria? You have called them riff raff, exactly what benefit do they bring to this current union? They say we want no part of this confusion of ideologies and identity again, is there a problem? Should such and many more evils as have occurred even have happened in d first instance?

You can't respond to questions with questions. It is either you are rude, or deliberately trying to deflect what will obviously show you have no argument.

If you want me to answer your questions; provide answers to mine and we move from there. Kapish?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by kenny987(f): 3:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
Jaundiced:

You can't respond to questions with questions. It is either you are rude, or deliberately trying to deflect what will obviously show you have no argument.

If you want me to answer your questions; provide answers to mine and we move from there. Kapish?

If u had bothered to read, you'd have seen that I responded to ur questions. Respond to mine objectively if u can. U are just funny....
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
kenny987:

If u had bothered to read, you'd have seen that I responded to ur questions. Respond to mine objectively if u can. U are just funny....

You didn't respond to my questions, you just asked me your own questions.

Post your answers again.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by kenny987(f): 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
Jaundiced:

You didn't respond to my questions, you just asked me your own questions.

Post your answers again.

No 4 & 5 of my response address ur questions and follow with other questions.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 11, 2015
kenny987:

No 4 & 5 of my response address ur questions and follow with other questions.

I read both 4 & 5 and neither addressed my questions. All you did was try to wriggle you way out, without any definitive answers. I believe my questions are direct enough and direct answers should suffice.

In case you missed my questions, let me post them again:

1). MASSOB members were detained (some of the are still locked up) and were killed in the most brutal and inhumane manner, with their bodies dumped in a river, during the previous government. Why wasn't there a protest against the extrajudicial killings and disregard for human rights?

2). You and I know how government bureaucracy works. If the previous administration was actually interested in the CONFAB, it would've implemented its recommendations. So why leave the implementation to a new administration with a completely different agenda? Trojan horse?
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by drshrewd: 5:23am On Dec 11, 2015
Mordecai:

ARGUMENTUM AD HOMINEM.

That describes the kind of argument you put forward drshrewd, where you try to assert yourself by belittling your opponent. I would take the better road, and deal with the issues.

If Amaechi built 1000 school buildings, or employed 130,000 teachers, is that the solution to the problem of half-education, or no-education bedeviling our society? To paraphrase my question, does a bigger house make a better home for children, if parents will still resort to trading blows whenever they have a disagreement?

I have maintained that Amaechi employed 13000 teachers, but we both know that those teachers would work and retire and/or resign and no other governor in Rivers state, present or future, would employ 13000 teachers again because it simply is not a sustainable solution. That would explain why even the FG wouldn't do it, either.

In the next 5-8 years, Rivers state would be looking for a way to downsize the bloated workforce. This is not we want, but we wouldn't, in all honesty, say we do not see it coming. And then, public education would be back to square one, except someone with vision steps in. In Adamawa state, Nyako employed even more than 13000. He called them Special assistants (SAs). The scheme is dead already, because it is not sustainable. That of Amaechi is not dead yet, because the state enjoys 13% derivation. But will it die? Of course, we know it will. It is only being delayed, not stopped. Its all the same - frittering away much needed funds on political gambits.

And does Amaechi advertise his achievements? The photographs you posted were not taken by you. They are products of a well-coordinated publicity programme. So does Amaechi advertise his "achievements"? Yes, he does.

It is good to know you did not try to deny that Amaechi killed the judiciary during his tenure. All you did was put up an excuse, with some AD HOMINEM remarks. So we can accept that he damaged that institution, and move on.

If you say that the free healthcare program (free medical, as it was known) is working, why did it come to a halt? And funny as it may sound, it began with so much fanfare and died quietly months later, without so much as a policy statement or an announcement. It was just programmed to die off on its own after achieving some political ends.

As for the monorail project, can you tell me what Port Harcourt residents have gained from it, since you insist it is not a waste of funds. Do we even need to argue this?

TIMA-RIV went the way of all other Amaechi projects. By the time he was leaving office, TIMA-RIV staff had salary arrears of at least three (3) months. They were living off the monies they extort from motorists. That institution - TIMA-RIV, died as its founder was living office. So much for building and strengthening institutions. Compare it with LASTMA of Lagos State and you will understand what I mean when I say that it was programmed to die as soon as its political ends were achieved.

Or do we also have to mention what happened to the waste management bodies as he was leaving office?

Now, before I continue, I would like to let you know that I do not just visit Rivers; I have a home in Port Harcourt.

Back to the main point being discussed, I would like to ask - Why is it okay to demand for a new constitution, and alright to demand for a sovereign national conference, but wrong to demand for a new federating structure?
[b]don't normally have time for this round about argument because you are sounding very illogical (am truly sorry to say that)

somebody built hundreds of schools with world class facilities and you said he had no need to employ teachers and staffs to man the schools . please can some one explain this guy's argument angry
where is the evidence that Adamawa employed more teachers and if he did do they have a need to fill?in other words do they built as much schools to accommodate these teachers?
apart from building world class schools with well equipped lab and library, ICT facilities, best of sports facilities, sick bay, miniature farm, etc, employing the best brains as well as retraining the old ones how else do you want the then governor to revamp the educational sector .
the 13,000 teachers only added slightly above N1b monthly wage burden on the River government and what make you think its unsustainable . A state that receive 13% derivation and once saved N1b every month even with huge wage bill. my friend you can't take anything away from the visionary leader Rotimi Amaechi

your hate for Amaechi and good governance has really beclouded you reasoning. how can you say Rivers health care is dead . either you are saying this out of spite or deliberately obstinate.

it seems you are still in your obtuse streak. I have told you before that monorail projects world over takes time to complete and when completed is far better than the conventional ground rail in urban transit system especially in a densely populated metropolis. this is because their is hardly possibility of accident either with vehicle or humans___get this in your skull

insisting that he shut down the courts in Rivers shows that you are never ready to learn. who appoint judges in the state?
[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by kenny987(f): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2015
Jaundiced:

I read both 4 & 5 and neither addressed my questions. All you did was try to wriggle you way out, without any definitive answers. I believe my questions are direct enough and direct answers should suffice.

In case you missed my questions, let me post them again:

1). MASSOB members were detained (some of the are still locked up) and were killed in the most brutal and inhumane manner, with their bodies dumped in a river, during the previous government. Why wasn't there a protest against the extrajudicial killings and disregard for human rights?

2). You and I know how government bureaucracy works. If the previous administration was actually interested in the CONFAB, it would've implemented its recommendations. So why leave the implementation to a new administration with a completely different agenda? Trojan horse?

Unfortunately I cannot help ur comprehension issues. Long winded questions like urs can actually be answered in few words like I did. If u can't answer the ones I posed or comprehend my responses to yours then that is ur cup of tea.

It is exactly why the core issues are never addressed and rather shied away from as u are attempting to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tanko Muhammad: Buhari Never Interfered In Court Cases / General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. / Okupe Condemns Opposition Governors’ Visit To Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.