Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness (27900 Views)

Ipob Split: Ipob Releases Official Statement, Accuses Buhari Of Cluelessness / A Compendium Of Buhari' S Cluelessness: Femi Aribisala / Financial Times calls Nigeria's economic approach the height of foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2015
I read a thread written by a member of this forum with username 'Sweetguy25' titled Reasons Why Yoruba And Hausa Are Happy Being Nigerians. In the thread, the writer, inspired by the figment of his own imagination gave some reasons why some ethnic groups are 'happy' being Nigerians. In the said write-up, the writer wrote some insulting remark on the Ijaws and other ethnic nationalities in the Niger-Delta. In the words of the writer, "the reasons why Ijaws and other minorities in the South South are “content being Nigerians” Ignorance and helplessness. .

The position of the writer on the Ijaws and other ethnic nationalities within the Niger Delta region is a statement cluelessness and ignorance to be fair with the author. May I remind the author that the ethnic minorities in present day Edo and Delta states are the first and only group of post-independent Nigeria that got their demand(Midwest) through referendum after years of civil agitation. Till date, no other group in Nigeria have got ANY of their demand through referendum. It is on record that an Ijaw youth named Major Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro was the first in the history of Nigeria to declare an independent republic in 1966, the Niger Delta Republic. It is on record that an Ogoni man named Mr Ken Saro Wiwa defied the military junta of Abacha to press for an end to environmental pollution in Ogoni land and the Niger Delta region. It is on record that Ijaw youths in the late 1998 defied the military government of Abdulsallam by declaring their bill of right in Kaiama, Bayelsa state. This was after the Ogonis have did theirs in 1991. In fact, virtually all ethnic nationalities in the south south including Ikwerre, Urhobo, Oron etc have their respective Bills of Right, all of which are before the United Nation Organisation, African Union, ECOWAS, Commonwealth, and the Federal Government of Nigeria. Though I don't support armed struggle, it is on record that the first post civil war group to carry arms against the Nigeria State are Niger Delta youths, when the demanded an end to marginalisation.

Considering all these, is it not in place to state that the author of that said article is misinformed? Can a helpless group declare sovereignty in the military era? Can a helpless group challenge Abacha? Can a helpless group pick up arms? Can an ignorant group maintain their advancement for fiscal autonomy? Were the Midwest(Edo and Delta) ignorant and helpless when they pushed and got demand for a separate region? Can ignorant and helpless group identify what they need from the system, document them and present them to local and global authorities? Why then should someone make himself to believe that Niger-Deltans are 'happy' being Nigerians due to ignorance and helplessness?

It is always proper for people to check records before uttering statement in public that portrays them as ill-informed and clueless.

I believe that no Nigerian is happy with the present state of the country irrespective of the position of the selfish and greedy elite. The ethnic nationalities in the south south shall continue to advance for fiscal autonomy within the Nigeria State by exploring every peaceful and legitimate option available. A time shall come when Nigeria State will be left with no option but to call for all ethnic groups to a round table in order to restructure the system for the good of all Nigerians.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
Cc: Truckpusher, HopeAthand, Mulatoclaro, Enahi, Goodboiyy, IzonOwei, Talktimi

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by hinwazaka: 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
As the ROCK, would say " IT DOESN'T MATTER".

2 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
Seen.....
Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by VickJames(m): 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
The south south region are helpless and that is the pure fact.

you listed a whole lot of things and what is the effect of what isaac adaka boro or what happened to ken saro wiwa? all these men lived in dreams and when real decision were made, those things they fought were taken into obscurity.

how many years did the midwestern region last?

where is the niger delta republic?

You claim to be from south south but i bet you have not really been to the different local governments where oil is been drilled. these people constitute one of the poorest people in this country.

your south south is helpless because if you are powerful as you think and bring senseless history, 80percent of the oil wells will be owned by the people from the region and not from faraway north.

if you think that south south isnt helpless, your brotherly in Udi would not have been killed by obasanjo government.

the south south are helpless because with the northerners drinking your oil wells, no man in the south south have the license to mine gold in sokoto or in osun. but they have license to head the refineries in warri, ph. a northerner is also the md of shell nigeria.

so, you are powerless and helpless. they called your brother a drunkard.

they locked your freedom fighter, asari in an underground prison.

they killed your former freedom fighters.

yes you are powerless and helpless

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
chigo931:
Tonyebarcanista is just an attention seeker.

Toomuch of everytin is bad
It is never too much to correct false impression about a group I belong to. Perhaps, you are an attention giver...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
So this epistle is of what use?
Mehn, APC has scammed our youth of employment...
I blame APC for this street gossips going on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by CreampieAngela(f): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
I am not suprised. Students of history will know how Nnamdi Azikiwe frustrated the demand of the Niger Delta minorities.
We know how the igbo's vehemently rejected the establishment of the 1958 Sir Henry Willink Commission of Enquiry which was charged with the responsibility of addressing the fears of the Niger Delta minorities.

Pre-indepent Nigeria, the Niger Delta minorities argued that they do not want to be part of an independent Nigeria. They asserted that the treaties the British signed with their fathers does not include lumping them together with other tribes in Nigeria, but Alas ! An igbo man Nnamdi Azikiwe, under the cloak of ''Nationalism'' convinced the British to ignore the demand of the Niger Delta minorities

As far as they are concerened, you are a war booty to them. As far as the Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa are concerened, those of us from the minority tribe are inconsequental in the scheme of things

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
Youre right bro...but right now we should collectcollectively fight for true federalism/full resource control so that the struggles of sarowiwa and boro does not go in vain...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
[size=15pt]Tonye leave the fools alone

I am from Akwa Ibom and read that thread, we Ibibios, Annangs and Oron are very educated, same with Ikweres, and Ijaws..

if they think we would sit down and not call for true federalism someday then they are mistaken..

"The Negro is ignored today simply because he has kept himself backward; but if he were to try to raise himself to a higher state in the civilized cosmos, all the other races would be glad to meet him on the plane of equality and comradeship
"

Marcus Garvey (Martin, 1976)
[/size]

16 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
VickJames:

you listed a whole lot of things and what is the effect of what isaac adaka boro or what happened to ken saro wiwa? all these men lived in dreams and when real decision were made, those things they fought were taken into obscurity.

You claim to be from south south but i bet you have not really been to the different local governments where oil is been drilled. these people constitute one of the poorest people in this country.

your south south is helpless because if you are powerful as you think and bring senseless history, 80percent of the oil wells will be owned by the people from the region and not from faraway north.

if you think that south south isnt helpless, your brotherly in Udi would not have been killed by obasanjo government.

the south south are helpless because with the northerners drinking your oil wells, no man in the south south have the license to mine gold in sokoto or in osun. but they have license to head the refineries in warri, ph. a northerner is also the md of shell nigeria.

And to add to the shit.. They are sacrificial. Lmao.
Don't worry I think referendum should be conducted to determine who owns the oil in bayelsa.
Helpless people forming relevancies.
Thanks vickyjames...

26 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
VickJames:

[size=14pt]80% of the Oil well are owned by Northerners, but we get the 13% derivation...

the Northerners who own the oil well pay tax to government who pay us tax in derivation..

secondly, IF THE OIL WAS IN YORUBA LAND, 80% OF THE OIL WELL WOULD BE OWNED BY FULANIS..

i am done with you...
[/size][size=8pt][/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
CreampieAngela:
I am not suprised. Students of history will know how Nnamdi Azikiwe frustrated the demand of the Niger Delta minorities.
We know how the igbo's vehemently rejected the establishment of the 1958 Sir Henry Willink Commission of Enquiry which was charged with the responsibility of addressing the fears of the Niger Delta minorities.

Kindly remember that Igbo's pushed for the 13% oil derivation you are enjoying...
When calling the birds to eat kindly call the reptiles too.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
YoundDoctor:

And to add to the shit.. They are sacrificial. Lmao.
Don't worry I think referendum should be conducted to determine who owns the oil in bayelsa.
Helpless people forming relevancies.
Thanks vickyjames...

[size=13pt]Sacrificial??

WE fought for recognition and we got 6 states, my akwa ibom has 31 local goverment thanks to us being smarts not Sacrificial...

we fought for our Oil recognition and we got Derivation..

we Niger Deltans have brains, we believe in " slow and steady", from States recognition> 13% derivation> Infrastructure growth> Call for true federalism..
[/size]

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Ecoplexus: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
As the writer clearly stated in his article, those were his personal convictions and not in anyway a proven fact, so I don't see the necessity of this thread. If you are so hurt about what he said, you could easily have replied the poster on his own thread.

12 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
VickJames:

I still don't understand what your problem is. You talked about Odi but you forgot what pre-empt FG action(perhaps you don't know). Though I Condemn the action of both the criminals in Odi and the FG in strong terms.

What is your business and problem with who owns oil licence? Oil licence is simply a meal ticket for government allies and their corrupt friends. Our Demand is RESOURCE CONTROL not a common OML.

Whoever call Jonathan drunk fisherman is referring to Jonathan. The election is OVER and we have moved on to the next phase.

I don't know how the above makes one helpless. If you are 'helpful' why not stage a showdown with FG?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by VickJames(m): 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
vladimiros:

[size=14pt]80% of the Oil well are owned by Northerners, but we get the 13% derivation...

the Northerners who own the oil well pay tax to government who pay us tax in derivation..

secondly, IF THE OIL WAS IN YORUBA LAND, 80% OF THE OIL WELL WOULD BE OWNED BY FULANIS..

i am done with you...
[/size][size=8pt][/size]

i think you have been programmed to accept anything that is been meted on you. the fulanis have made you feel what you are getting is normal.

some months ago, they shared contracts to different companies who will start mining these solid minerals. no south south person got a contract.

why?

you are helpless

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
YoundDoctor:

Kindly remember that Igbo's pushed for the 13th derivation you are enjoying...

ken sawo wiwa is Igbo?

Obong Victor Atta is Igbo?

Peter odili is Igbo?

Ita Giwa is igbo?

never knew..

25 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by CreampieAngela(f): 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
YoundDoctor:

kindly remember that each region was developing on its own pace with different resources before an igbo man, Aguyi Ironsi, abolished regionalisim and foisted the unitary system on us

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc: Truckpusher, HopeAthand, Mulatoclaro, Enahi, Goodboiyy, IzonOwei, Talktimi
Brother how far long time.
Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
YoundDoctor:

Which Igbo is that? Are you believing this lies? Go check, the SS wanted 25% in the 1994 Abacha Conference. We pushed for 25% and NOT 13%.

No igboman pushed for it on our behalf!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by VickJames(m): 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I still don't understand what your problem is. You talked about Odi but you forgot what pre-empt FG action(perhaps you don't know). Though I Condemn the action of both the criminals in Odi and the FG in strong terms.

What is your business and problem with who owns oil licence? Oil licence is simply a meal ticket for government allies and their corrupt friends. Our Demand is RESOURCE CONTROL not a common OML.

Whoever call Jonathan drunk fisherman is referring to Jonathan. The election is OVER and we have moved on to the next phase.

I don't know how the above makes one helpless. If you are 'helpful' why not stage a showdown with FG?

I think you are vast with what is happening in the world and we can go ahead to analyse what is happening.

you clamour for resource control, have your clamour reached the 8th house?

the clamour for resource control is dead on arrival until the 5 people giving the mining contract start bring the same amount of money from solid minerals as they get from oil.

you and i know that they will not consider that until it is not necessary to hold on to oil anymore.

so, you guys are still helpless.

next time, start writing letters for resource control so that we will know that you guys are still fighting.

24 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
CreampieAngela:
kindly remember that each region was developing on its own pace with different resources before and igbo man, Aguyi Ironsi, abolished regionalisim and foisted the unitary system on us

Remember unitary system was adopted because of the prosterity of the Military regime. But military regime has long gone why hasnt democracy brought back regionalism...?

4 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
[size=13pt] Any educated nigerian who calls we SS ignorant and helpless should ask himself one question..

when IBB and Abacha shared Oil Well with friends and familes why did they not complain?

is it not thesame south south whose boys fought the Nigerian Army so well we go Amnesty.is that Helplessness to you?

thesame south south who had its activists killed by IBB's government but we still fought to get derivation and are fightiong to increase it to 50%?

you people are the Ignorant ones, you can't interpret a History book yet you call me ignorant..
[/size]

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Police Station In Bayelsa, Kill Policeman, Cart Away Ammunition / I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku / INEC, APC, Bola Tinubu Footdrag Over Atiku's Request For Live Proceedings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.