Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead (31795 Views)

Militants Kill Three Soldiers In Nembe, Disguised As Mourners (Graphic Pics) / Militants Kill Three Soldiers In Nembe Bayelsa, Steal Two Gunboats / Three Soldiers Killed In Abonnema Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by austentero: 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
Reports reaching us indicate that three Nigerian
soldiers have lost their lives in a bloody battle
against Boko Haram members in the notorious
Sambisa forest.
This was reportedly made known by the Army
spokesman, Sani Usman, on Sunday, December 6, in
a statement obtained by Premium Times.
The spokesman said the tragedy occurred following
the commencement of attack against the terrorists
deep inside the Sambisa forest.
Usman said many of the terrorists were also killed
during the attack, adding that several captives were
rescued by the soldiers during the operation. He
further hinted that three soldiers also sustained
various degrees of injuries in the various military
operations against the demonic group.
Below is the full statement issued by the Nigerian
Army:
Military Commence Strikes Deep Into Sambisa Forest
The Nigerian Army has commenced strikes deep
inside Sambisa forest which is believed to be the
remaining strong point of the Boko Haram terrorists.
Various units of the Army have advanced deep into
the forest clearing most of the camps therein,
rescuing persons held captive, arresting some
terrorists and destroying most of their weapons and
equipment.
Advancing troops of the Nigerian Army, supported by
the Nigerian Air Force were able to clear and destroy
Boko Haram terrorists camps at Shuari, Adembe,
Yerimari Kura, Yerimari Gana, Gonin Kurmi, Kore,
Mainya Kore, and Lopere. Additionally, the Multi-
barrel Rocket Launcher Regiment has destroyed the
terrorists camps at Dure, Dure Kore, Jokwa, as well
as several other camps.
The troops recovered foodstuff, motorcycles, flags,
Improvised Explosive Making Devices (IED) materials
and military uniforms. Among other discoveries were
the terrorists tunnels, weapons and equipment. The
soldiers also recovered 2,000 cows rustled from
various persons over time and rescued women and
children held captives by the Boko Haram. While the
animals have been moved to Kanwuri, the rescued
persons have been evacuated and are being given all
the necessary support and assistance.
During the encounter with the terrorists at Yerimari
Gana a number of Boko Haram terrorists were killed
and some suspected terrorists were arrested who are
being interrogated. However, a soldier sustained
gunshot wound and fracture on the leg.
Similarly, while advancing to destroy Nefari terrorists
camp, troops discovered and cleared 3 IEDs laid
along the route. The camp was successfully cleared
and troops have continued their advance while a
blocking force has been deployed to prevent
infiltration and possible escape by the terrorists.
Unfortunately during another encounter with the
terrorists along the axis of advance, 3 soldiers made
the supreme sacrifice, while an officer and 2 soldiers
were wounded in action.
It is instructive to note that the troops morale is very
high and being conscious of their set objective, they
are unrelenting in their determination to defeat the
Boko Haram terrorists.
In a related development, troops have also destroyed
Boko Haram terrorists camps Bulagaije and Disa,
Gwoza Local Government Area, Borno State and
recovered motorcycles, Dane guns and ammunitions.
Sambisa forest is the major stronghold of the
terrorist group which has claimed the lives of no
fewer than 20,000 innocent people since 2009.
Just yesterday, December 5, reports have it that
about between 15 and 30 people were killed while
over 130 were injured after a suicide bombing
suspected to have been orchestrated by Boko Haram
members at Koulfoua island on the Chadian side of
Lake Chad.

https://www.naij.com/658439-bloody-battle-sambisa-forest-leaves-three-soldiers-dead-several-terrorists-killed.html

1 Share

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by GudluckIBB(m): 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2015
Nigeria will have the victory!

No more bringing pertrators to book under GEJ, now its time to clear all the Terrorists

Welldone our soldiers, God will protect you all.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Ama80(f): 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
I thought Ds same sambisa has been combed before and some hostages who were mistaken for chibok girls were released.I don't understand anymore neither do I know wat to say again.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by temitemi1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
RIP to the lost souls cry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Ecoplexus: 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2015
How many times will they clear this Sambisa

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by austentero: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2015
Ecoplexus:
How many times will they clear this Sambisa

Remember Sambisa is a dangerous forest with a very wide area. The battle is not supposed to be so easy but I believe NA is winning the war. Our collective prayers are needed.
R.I.P to death Gallant Soldiers.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2015
Ama80:
I thought Ds same sambisa has been combed before and some hostages who were mistaken for chibok girls were released.I don't understand anymore neither do I know wat to say again.
This sambisa forest has a very large mass streching through 3 states in the northeast and neighbouring countries so its gonna be a bit difficult for our soldiers to clear the BH guys there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
RIP to the brave gallant troops.

May their families find the fortitude to bear their loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Cjrane2: 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
Ama80:

keep believing bro.

There will be another "sambisa battle next month and three soldiers lost their lives".
This war is so shrouded in secrecy, you are better off believing there was NO raid and this story is fake.Precisely why shecow always laughed at such reports because he knows nobody had any operation in sambisa

19 Likes

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Nossa(m): 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
this one wey them gree say 3 die, e fit be 300 waste

12 Likes

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by basilo101: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2015
if they still have the capacity to kill soilders in a face to face battle up till now then the December deadline is no feasible

7 Likes

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Koolmexxi(m): 11:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
Y won't dey kill dem wen d army leadership/govt would always first spew their impending offensive and attack plans on social media first. ...
Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by gentledavid(m): 12:08am On Dec 07, 2015
If I were to be in the army,i sweat to God I for don run away ever since

5 Likes

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by SmartMugu: 12:20am On Dec 07, 2015
Sometimes I wish an atomic bomb can just be dropped in the damn forest and the whole Sambisa story is history. All the soldiers trekking through it will be unnecessary, and insurgents burnt to ashes- unless there is something else needed from there.
The place is getting more popularity than meaningful places like Yankari Game Reserve.

7 Likes

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 07, 2015
I warned my silly younger cousin to quit NAIJA military and I will help him enlist in US Navy but he has been dilly-dallying about it all these days.

As at last week, he was in Borno. Please, is the deadly Sambisa forest in Borno state?

Hmmm, hmmm.angry
Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by SmartMugu: 12:41am On Dec 07, 2015
SirJeffry:
I warned my silly younger cousin to quit NAIJA military and I will help him enlist in US Navy but he has been dilly-dallying about it all these days.

As at last week, he was in Borno. Please, is the deadly Sambisa forest in Borno state?

Hmmm, hmmm.angry
Is your cousin in Nigeria or the US? I haven't heard of anyone in the US wanting to go back to Nigeria to join the Nigerian Army. If he's in Nigeria, then he's in the same boat with the Nigerian Army that are ready to leave everything they're doing now to join the US Military. Who wants to fight wars with dane guns, no fuel in military vehicles etc in this technology age?
Yes, it's the same Sambisa forest. I heard it cuts across four different states, not just Borno.

1 Like

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by yaya93: 12:45am On Dec 07, 2015
Our gallant soldiers will prevail at last..

1 Like

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 07, 2015
God help this country.
Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 07, 2015
SmartMugu:

Is your cousin in Nigeria or the US? I haven't heard of anyone in the US wanting to go back to Nigeria to join the Nigerian Army. If he's in Nigeria, then he's in the same boat with the Nigerian Army that are ready to leave everything they're doing now to join the US Military. Who wants to fight wars with dane guns, no fuel in military vehicles etc in this technology age?
Yes, it's the same Sambisa forest. I heard it cuts across four different states, not just Borno.
Yea he's in NA, called him two day ago to know if he had started the due process of quitting to avoid a dent in his military record when he leaves and he was talking rvbbish.

Anyway, I will do my best with the process but to quit NA and migrate will be entirely his decision, not mine.angry

Imagine serving a country like Nigeria that doesn't declare a common holiday to celebrate its armed forces and veterans. Tufiakwaangry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by ril19(m): 2:02am On Dec 07, 2015
We Need A Full Not Partial Reportage. You Reported 3 Soldier Dead And 3 Injured Buh You Didn't Say How Many Terrorists Met Their Demise. Anyway Kudos

1 Like

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by tinobrace(m): 7:00am On Dec 07, 2015
May the souls of the Faithful Departed Rest in Peace!

3 Likes

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Richie0974: 7:00am On Dec 07, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Sijo01(f): 7:00am On Dec 07, 2015
RIP to the fallen heros.

This offensive in sambista have been on for months. Is the forest that big that victory have not be achieved yet.
Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by ChappyChase: 7:01am On Dec 07, 2015
How many don run? My simple advice to these soldiers is "once your ammunition finish, take to your hills, make you no risk your life for these leaders way no value una!"

1 Like

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by free2ryhme: 7:01am On Dec 07, 2015
RIP to our gallant soldier

Devil punish the people and their religious fanatism behind this
Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by ademega(m): 7:02am On Dec 07, 2015
good one my military men

God will help u
Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 07, 2015
The Nigerian Army has become soo compromised and partisan, such that when they say 3 soldiers dead, our sense of reasoning and déja vu tells us 30.
RIP to the gallant combatants, you paid the supreme sacrifice to give us peace.

5 Likes

Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by disloman(m): 7:03am On Dec 07, 2015
God bless our Army and please show the doubtful peters. In this country that you guys are capable and willing to achieve the deadline given by the FG.Once again,God bless u guys.
Re: Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead by Akinz0126(m): 7:03am On Dec 07, 2015
Underline the word Demonic group.Chai there's God Rip to d dead.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Appoints Adewale Adeniyi As Substantive Comptroller-General Of Customs / Protest At INEC Office In Edo. Police Repel Protesters With Tear Gas (Pics) / SSA And Son-In-Law To Kebbi Governor And His Business Card (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.