Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. (47805 Views)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Please, Any Body Here With A Recent Experience Traveling To Kenya.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 5:08am On Dec 07, 2015
I had wanted to visit a place outside Nigeria to spend 5 days out of my annual vacation leave. So I decided to visit Accra Ghana by road. On that beautiful morning my younger brother had drop me at ABC transport in second rainbow along Oshodi-Apapa express way, It was exactly 6:05am, I quickly moved into the ticketing office and booked a to and fro ticket to Ghana. At this time the first bus to Accra is about to take off on their journey to Accra, so I had no choice but to go with the second bus.
My bus left at exactly 9:25am in the beautiful TV and AC tight luxurious bus, there was less distraction from the immigration, Nigeria drug law and enforcement agency and custom officers on the road as there were no contraband goods on board. We arrive Accra at the ABC park in caprice Accra at exactly 12:46am Nigerian time the following day. The journey was very smooth and interesting, only that the bus doesn't speed atall and I think they have a speed limit that they dare not exceed. Inside the bus we were served rice and chicken with bottle water for breakfast and then corn-biscuit and small pack juice for lunch.
Accra Ghana was a beautiful place to behold, the roads were neat and all road user obey traffic sign even when no police man is attached to the traffic point. I was able to lodge in an hotel with AC, wireless network and breakfast menu at a less expensive amount compare to my country Nigeria. The hotel attendant were nice and ready to perform their duties without expecting a tips from their customers.
While in Accra I visited two lovely beach, the labardi and coco beach. Saw lots pretty ebony ladies on the beach, almost tempted as some of them starring at me like a diamond ring!
Also went to Mokola market which is a colorful and bustling place, you can buy absolutely everything. Ghana has various delicacy, I tasted kenke with groundnut soup, they have a different brand of rice from ours, it's a bit gummy when u chew, I eat it with Shito (not sure if I got the spelling correct ) pepper. Mokola market is a place you can never afford to miss in Accra. Bought some kente stuff (Ghanian native attire) right there. On my fourth day in Accra, I also visited the national museum, this museum has wonderful displays about Ghana’s culture and history including the slave-trade, and Ashanti Kingdom.
Internet subscription is so cheap in Ghana compare to my country Nigeria, u can still subscribe for unlimited data which is less than 10k. That is fantastic! Isn't it?
On the fifth day, I rested in my beautiful hotel room, while getting ready to travel back to Nigeria the next day.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by kidgod: 5:14am On Dec 07, 2015
Pinshure?

... Ok u av added pishure. But I can only see a bus. Is Ghana inside d luxurious bus?

16 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Abatsam111(m): 5:14am On Dec 07, 2015
Comment loading... grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by HungerBAD: 5:15am On Dec 07, 2015
Following.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by kidgod: 5:16am On Dec 07, 2015
Abatsam111:
Comment loading... grin
G
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Abatsam111(m): 5:18am On Dec 07, 2015
kidgod:

G
+O= GO
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 07, 2015
kidgod:
Pinshure?
Or Idonbilivit!
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by kidgod: 5:19am On Dec 07, 2015
Abatsam111:
+O= GO
All this space u are booking up and down
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 07, 2015
Ok
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by olumide81(m): 6:00am On Dec 07, 2015
In totallity how much did u spend?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by mrking3(m): 6:02am On Dec 07, 2015
Otunba4eva:
I had wanted to visit a place outside Nigeria to spend 5 days out of my annual vacation leave. So I decided to visit Accra Ghana by road. On that beautiful morning my younger brother had drop me at ABC transport in second rainbow along Oshodi-Apapa express way, It was exactly 6:05am, I quickly moved into the ticketing office and booked a to and fro ticket to Ghana. At this time the first bus to Accra is about to take off on their journey to Accra, so I had no choice but to go with the second bus.
My bus left at exactly 9:25am in the beautiful TV and AC tight luxurious bus, there was less distraction from the immigration, Nigeria drug law and enforcement agency and custom officers on the road as there were no contraband goods on board. We arrive Accra at the ABC park in caprice Accra at exactly 12:46am Nigerian time the following day. The journey was very smooth and interesting, only that the bus doesn't speed atall and I think they have a speed limit that they dare not exceed. Inside the bus we were served rice and chicken with bottle water for breakfast and then corn-biscuit and small pack juice for lunch.
Accra Ghana was a beautiful place to behold, the roads were neat and all road user obey traffic sign even when no police man is attached to the traffic point. I was able to lodge in an hotel with AC, wireless network and breakfast menu at a less expensive amount compare to my country Nigeria. The hotel attendant were nice and ready to perform their duties without expecting a tips from their customers.
While in Accra I visited two lovely beach, the labardi and coco beach. Saw lots pretty ebony ladies on the beach, almost tempted as some of them starring at me like a diamond ring!
Also went to Mokola market which is a colorful and bustling place, you can buy absolutely everything. Ghana has various delicacy, I tasted kenke with groundnut soup, they have a different brand of rice from ours, it's a bit gummy when u chew, I eat it with Shito (not sure if I got the spelling correct ) pepper. Mokola market is a place you can never afford to miss in Accra. Bought some kente stuff (Ghanian native attire) right there. On my fourth day in Accra, I also visited the national museum, this museum has wonderful displays about Ghana’s culture and history including the slave-trade, and Ashanti Kingdom.
Internet subscription is so cheap in Ghana compare to my country Nigeria, u can still subscribe for unlimited data which is less than 10k. That is fantastic! Isn't it?
On the fifth day, I rested in my beautiful hotel room, while getting ready to travel back to Nigeria the next day.
nice!! Looking forward to spend my Annually leave also in Ghana. How much is the Tfare thro and fro? And is it compulsory to go with the Nigerian Pasport?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by dominique(f): 6:16am On Dec 07, 2015
Following...
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 7:18am On Dec 07, 2015
mrking3:
nice!! Looking forward to spend my Annually leave also in Ghana. How much is the Tfare thro and fro? And is it compulsory to go with the Nigerian Pasport?

It's very cheap, its really below what I had expected initially, although the fare varies depending on your circumstances. If u have a passport only without yellow card u pay a different fee, passport with yellow card you also pay a different fee. First time traveller on a virgin passport u pay different fee too.
I travel with my passport and yellow card and I pay #17,000. If I will be traveling again I will pay #15,000 for to and fro ticket.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Hamster143(m): 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
Nice thread... but I still put the blame on Bubuyaya
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Souljaboi1: 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
Otunba4eva:
. I was able to lodge in an hotel with AC, wireless network and breakfast menu at a less expensive amount compare to my country Nigeria. The hotel attendant were nice and ready to perform their duties without expecting a tips from their customers.

By 'less expensive', what range were you talking about.

I was there early this year and stayed in the East Legon area. Rooms went for about 150 GhC and they didn't have any wonderful amenities.

You could just drop the name of the hotel, may wanna try it out soon.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by JayJustus(m): 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
your grasp of written English is heart aching...Jesu *in olamides voice**

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by rhames(m): 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
what's the cost of a hotel per night in Accra? what's the meal like in a hotel over there? Did you board the executive ABC bus or the ordinary bus?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
You can get an hotel in Accra from 4k upward depending on the facilities of the hotel. Internet subscription I tell you is very cheap. Ghanaians has varieties of food don't be scared you will enjoy your meals. I will advice if you are traveling by road go with ABC transport or EFEX executive.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Abdujapha(m): 10:23am On Dec 14, 2015
Otunba4eva:
You can get an hotel in Accra from 4k upward depending on the facilities of the hotel. Internet subscription I tell you is very cheap. Ghanaians has varieties of food don't be scared you will enjoy your meals. I will advice if you are traveling by road go with ABC transport or EFEX executive.

@emboldened, why these two transporters in particular? Any special reason.....cross country goes to Ghana also and their buses luk neat and also enough leg room undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
@abdujapha,Why interested in knowing special reasons ? If u realize cross country is ok, then you can choose to travel with them. I have just let u know about EFEX and ABC which we have travel with. Your purpose of traveling is arriving in Accra at the best possible comfort.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Abdujapha(m): 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2015
Otunba4eva:
@abdujapha,Why interested in knowing special reasons ? If u realize cross country is ok, then you can choose to travel with them. I have just let u know about EFEX and ABC which we have travel with. Your purpose of traveling is arriving in Accra at the best possible comfort.

I am not interested in whatever special reason. I asked that question with the hope that you share your reason(s) for suggesting those two transporters for the sake of travelling folks who perhaps are in a dilemma as to preferred transporter to Ghana.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 3:40am On Dec 18, 2015
Anyone interested in traveling to Ghana can ask question here, am ready to assist in the best possible way. Just about traveling to Ghana please.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by idu1(m): 8:26am On Dec 18, 2015
Otunba4eva:
Anyone interested in traveling to Ghana can ask question here, am ready to assist in the best possible way. Just about traveling to Ghana please.
you mean to and fro is 17k?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2015
idu1:
you mean to and fro is 17k?

Yes as the time I travelled. Due to fuel scarcity as at now I can't say if there is an increase in the fare right now. I can still give u their customer care line to make enquiry if u intend traveling soon.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by blackchococo: 3:02am On Dec 19, 2015
Otunba4eva:

Pls where exactly in accra are the cheap hotels? Names & location will be highly appreciated.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by TheCongo2: 3:35am On Dec 19, 2015
Otunba4eva, can you please give details of the Immigration Check point. Did you have to get off the bus?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 7:58am On Dec 19, 2015
TheCongo2:
Otunba4eva, can you please give details of the Immigration Check point. Did you have to get off the bus?

There are various immigration check point on the way. But the only place you come down is at Aflao boarder, that is the last boarder to enter Ghana and u bring down your luggage for inspection before proceeding on your journey to Accra. As u can see in the pics below

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by TheCongo2: 9:12am On Dec 19, 2015
Otunba4eva:

There are various immigration check point on the way. But the only place you come down is at Aflao boarder, that is the last boarder to enter Ghana and u bring down your luggage for inspection before proceeding on your journey to Accra. As u can see in the pics below

Thanks Otunba4eva, can you post the script at the checkpoint. What are the questions asked?
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by onatisi(m): 1:48pm On Dec 19, 2015
Otunba4eva:

Yes as the time I travelled. Due to fuel scarcity as at now I can't say if there is an increase in the fare right now. I can still give u their customer care line to make enquiry if u intend traveling soon.
did u take a tour of Osu and dankwa circle?next time you visit Accra ,make sure you get to aburi. Believe me you will love it

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheCongo2:

Thanks Otunba4eva, can you post the script at the checkpoint. What are the questions asked?

I don't know the relevant of script here, and there is no difficult question. Off course if it's your first time they will ask you what are u going to do in Ghana, then u will tell them the purpose of you visiting Ghana. Except u have a shady business you are into. So just get your ticket and embark on your journey.
Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by Otunba4eva: 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
onatisi:
did u take a tour of Osu and dankwa circle?next time you visit Accra ,make sure you get to aburi. Believe me you will love it

Yes I was told about those place too, but I don't have much time, I budgeted five days for Ghana trip cos I still have other countries to explore. Maybe next times will give those places a trial.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. by TheCongo2: 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
Otunba4eva:

I don't know the relevant of script here, and there is no difficult question. Off course if it's your first time they will ask you what are u going to do in Ghana, then u will tell them the purpose of you visiting Ghana. Except u have a shady business you are into. So just get your ticket and embark on your journey.

I just love to read stories like the one you have posted on the thread. Thanks for posting your story. I wish your narration was a bit longer and that is why I asked you for the script at the checkpoints. I am not into any shady business and I don't even live in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Rescues Ghanaian Fishermen In The Ocean Near Dangote Port, Lekki / Nigerians In Netherlands / Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.