Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice (28190 Views)

How To Attain Good Grades In Your First Year At The University / I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed / See How Facebook Drastically Improved My Son's Grades In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 5:58am On Dec 07, 2015
Good day Nairalanders, the time I started writing this is 3:22am, whether am a popular NLder or not doesn't matter, but I would like to Conceal my identity. These would be a bit long, because I would want to explain all what is happening and has been happening to me concerning my education.

I am from the eastern part of Nigeria, and school somewhere in the south, part of the top 10 universities in Nigeria.
Back in my, Primary and Junior secondary school, I was extremely brilliant, always part of first 3, a lot of times I was 1st in class and best overall. Even my junior waec, I was so happy, people were happy for me.

The problem started in my secondary school, I noticed I started dropping, my 2nd term in SS1, I was 21/23 in class, same school, same class mates.
I thought maybe I had started playing to much, so I stopped all what I figured out could be the problem, yet there was no solution, my parents got me private teachers for my core subjects. Once they are with me, I would understand what they teach me, when they leave, I don't slack, I continue reading and reading, when exam comes, it would seem like I wasn't the one who read. A day before the exam, it would be fresh in my head and when I even write the exam, my mind would be like "you have killed it"
My parents would ask how it was, my reply would be: "yes, it was perfect, expecting the perfect result".

When I see my result, I would as usual fail virtually everything.
Still, I managed to go/forge ahead, I was able to pass my WASSCE in one sitting, how I did that I don't know, not that I passed outstandingly, I only had 'credit' in all the subject I was expect to have grade 'C'.

Then the hustle for Jamb came, let it be known that I wrote jamb 5 times, and the 5th time was when I got admitted to my school of choice.

Currently in my 200level, we resumed a new session about 2months ago. Now to what caused dis write up.

My first semester of 100level result: C, F, A, D, D.

A terrible result for someone in 100level, yes, I know. I felt too relaxed first semester, played a lot.
I determined that 2nd semester would be better, not that I was expecting all A's but I didn't want any F.
So my whole 2nd semester was reading all through, I read to the extent that I started feeling sure I should have A's in at least 3 out of 6 courses.

But when the result came in, it was worse than my first semester without me playing or getting distracted,
My 2nd semester of 100level result: C, F, C, E, C,F

And now 200level has kicked off, but something is happening to me.

I don't think I can survive this anymore,
My parents don't have money, my dad is struggling to send us to school.
None of my siblings work,
I have been contemplating different means of ending my life,
I move about with shame, I don't sleep anymore, I can't get my head straight, I would stay awake all night crying and praying for a change in my academic life.

I have done all what I think I can humanly do, hence why the thought of taking my life,
I know I can't create a life, but of what use is one that doesn't seem to make people happy?
But then, I decided to come on here, to ask if there is something else in reading I am not doing apart from, reading.... I have applied all the reading techniques applicable, jot while reading, revise, ask myself questions, and all. But still after exam, I don't seem to have that desired result, I have prayed countless times.

By my side is a chemical I got when I discovered I had 2f's. Education, they say is the best legacy. But in my case it isn't sure if it would be, I am a business oriented person, but no money to even establish myself, so that's not an option, please Nairalanders, I don't wish to Take my life, please is there anything you can suggest to me other than suicide and constant reading and prayers. I am 22years of age.

cry
God bless.

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 6:03am On Dec 07, 2015
I am opened to answer any question
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by kidgod: 6:03am On Dec 07, 2015
G
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by gunpoint(m): 6:04am On Dec 07, 2015
You really want to die cos if nairalanders advise you finish, you will double the dose of that chemical.

On the flip side i think what happend to me happened to you. If you zoned out after JSS 3, then you got placed in the wrong area probably on the strength of you then result. You studied wrong in SS classes and are now studying something at undergraduate level you are very weak in. I know cos i spent 8years studying a five year course.
If you are bold about it, you can switch now. Or you can struggle like me and just finish the damn thing.
You 1st year results and mine are pretty similar but i still finished with a 2.2 and i eventually finished strongly and smashed at MSc level abroad. Don't drink that chemical lil bro, don't look at you unemployed siblings as a barometer. Tomorrow go always make more sense.
If someone told me this in 2001 when my CGPA was 1.5 i for no believe am, look at me now na grin

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Bambless1(m): 6:13am On Dec 07, 2015
Good Morning.

All You Keep Saying Is "I Worked Very Hard, I do this i do that" What About "PRAYER" Include it and see the difference. Don't Forget It Is "WORK AND PRAY" not only work.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Confessng: 6:13am On Dec 07, 2015
Don't drink that chemical, nothing is ever as bad as we think it is .
What do you enjoy doing ?
And a degree may aid you to have a better life but it isn't the ultimate.
Start looking for alternate means of earning some form of income.
Start learning about something you love....

The problem with the world is the bandwagon syndrome everyone wants to be a graduate yet we all have our different callings.

i remember growing up two guys brothers ooh dropped out one in JSs3 went ahead to be a carpenter today he is married to a graduate and drives a clean RAV4

His younger bro waited till ss2 dropped out and went ahead to be an Electrician trust me he is doing very very well......

If not passing courses can make you suicidal then what will happen if you get into the job market and can't find a job for years as it happens in the Nigerian labor market ?

I think God is just trying to open your eyes to other possibilities that you should pay attention to , do not let grades determine how far you will go in life Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates , Steve Jobs and if that is going to far our own Seun Osewa aren't graduates, they are all self taught geniuses ......

Find what you love doing and if it means leaving the 4walls of a university or attending courses you enjoy like Steve Jobs not for marks but for learning by all means go for it

Don't commit suicide there is greatness inside you crying for expression, go and pour away that chemical

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by kayboy4y(m): 6:18am On Dec 07, 2015
You need Counselling.
Pray and fast.
Thank me later.

Have u discussed it with your parents?

But never attempt suicide or else u will rot in hell fire.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by gunpoint(m): 6:20am On Dec 07, 2015
kayboy4y:
You need Counselling.
Pray and fast.
Thank me later.

Give this advise to Shakau and his hommies please

6 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 6:21am On Dec 07, 2015
gunpoint:

You really want to die cos if nairalanders advise you finish, you will double the dose of that chemical.
On the flip side i think what happend to me happened to you. If you zoned out after JSS 3, then you got placed in the wrong area probably on the strength of you then result. You studied wrong in SS classes and are now studying something at undergraduate level you are very weak in. I know cos i spent 8years studying a five year course.
If you are bold about it, you can switch now. Or you can struggle like me and just finish the damn thing.
You 1st year results and mine are pretty similar but i still finished with a 2.2 and i eventually finished strongly and smashed at MSc level abroad. Don't drink that chemical lil bro, don't look at you unemployed siblings as a barometer. Tomorrow go always make more sense.
If someone told me this in 2001 when my CGPA was 1.5 i for no believe am, look at me now na grin

Thanks a lot sir, for the chip in, I have always dreamt of being an Accountant, Chartered one at that. Since my primary school days, and right now I am studying d course accounting, I would say I love the course, but what seems to be happening, I don't understand at all, even in senior secondary sch, I failed commerce, financial accounting, and science related courses, in fact I failed all subject in the 3main department back then in scondary school, the thing that keeps me going is 'hope', but that hope is dying, and it seems to be taking me along.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 6:23am On Dec 07, 2015
Bambless1:
Nairalanders Come And Help A "Biafralander" Oh cheesy just kidding oh undecided if any Ipob e-warlord Put Am For Head Like Gala Na Thunder Go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bros, my dad is Imo, my mum is Ekiti.

5 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by gunpoint(m): 6:26am On Dec 07, 2015
AmNotADullard:

Thanks a lot sir, for the chip in, I have always dreamt of being an Accountant, Chartered one at that. Since my primary school days, and right now I am studying d course accounting, I would say I love the course, but what seems to be happening, I don't understand at all, even in senior secondary sch, I failed commerce, financial accounting, and science related courses, in fact I failed all subject in the 3main department back then in scondary school, the thing that keeps me going is 'hope', but that hope is dying, and it seems to be taking me along.
Look young man, a degree is a degree is a degree.
50% of all graduates end up in banking anyways, and banks take anything, and i mean anything. Back when i was in the country, i worked with medical doctors and soil science graduates in these banks, all of us doing operations or marketing.
Don't stress yourself, if accounting is stressing you, change your dreams, what course unit did you make an A in for example? It will help us know your strengths

6 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 6:29am On Dec 07, 2015
Bambless1:
Good Morning.

All You Keep Saying Is "I Worked Very Hard, I do this i do that" What About "PRAYER" Include it and see the difference. Don't Forget It Is "WORK AND PRAY" not only work.

My parents are pure christians, my dad a deacon, my mum a chorister, I myself was/is a strong member in my campus fellowship, I don't know the type of prayer I ought to offer again, at a point I started to think der was no God. But I got back up and became more prayerful, its sad but even if I read the bible and jot down, with constant revision, I would most likely forgt tht which I read the next week.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 6:38am On Dec 07, 2015
Confessng:
Don't drink that chemical, nothing is ever as bad as we think it is .
What do you enjoy doing ?
And a degree may aid you to have a better life but it isn't the ultimate.
Start looking for alternate means of earning some form of income.
Start learning about something you love....

The problem with the world is the bandwagon syndrome everyone wants to be a graduate yet we all have our different callings.

i remember growing up two guys brothers ooh dropped out one in JSs3 went ahead to be a carpenter today he is married to a graduate and drives a clean RAV4

His younger bro waited till ss2 dropped out and went ahead to be an Electrician trust me he is doing very very well......

If not passing courses can make you suicidal then what will happen if you get into the job market and can't find a job for years as it happens in the Nigerian labor market ?

I think God is just trying to open your eyes to other possibilities that you should pay attention to , do not let grades determine how far you will go in life Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates , Steve Jobs and if that is going to far our own Seun Osewa aren't graduates, they are all self taught geniuses ......

Find what you love doing and if it means leaving the 4walls of a university or attending courses you enjoy like Steve Jobs not for marks but for learning by all means go for it

Don't commit suicide there is greatness inside you crying for expression, go and pour away that chemical

Very grateful sir,
My dad who is uneducated, but told me he wanted to be an accountant at my age, I don't want to be a disappointment to him, he has struggled enough to see us go to school, how do I tell him semester in semester out that it is 'F' I have in box for him as a reward for his struggles over me, how do I tell him that the saying he has made to be constant in our ears "education is the best legacy" I have decided to drop out or back out from it. Left to me, I would have loved to go into what I love doing but were is the money, I collect a little above 1500naira per week with my only provision been garri. All ways lead to nowhere in my case, it gets so bad I start thinking spiritually, family issues Sir, life can be so unfair.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 6:43am On Dec 07, 2015
kayboy4y:
You need Counselling.
Pray and fast.
Thank me later.

I have prayed, though I know prayer can never be enough, just like how reading can never be enough, but sir... I have prayed a lot. Fast? everyday is like am fasting.
Partially, they are aware(told them my problem, when I was still writing Jamb)... But my 100level first semster resort, I had to lie a bit, my 2nd semester, I don't want to lie again, I don't want my dad to hate me, I don't want to cause any sickness in him.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 6:48am On Dec 07, 2015
gunpoint:

Look young man, a degree is a degree is a degree.
50% of all graduates end up in banking anyways, and banks take anything, and i mean anything. Back when i was in the country, i worked with medical doctors and soil science graduates in these banks, all of us doing operations or marketing.
Don't stress yourself, if accounting is stressing you, change your dreams, what course unit did you make an A in for example? It will help us know your strengths

The course is so irrelevant, "philosophy".
I wish I was strong enough to do so many things.
Since the new session started, it is so hard to even concentrate, low self esteem is creeping in already, I am in a way 'introverted' also, I don't watch ball, I don't play ball, I don't do females, I don't listen to music, nothing I know is distracting me, but still.
At attimes I take example of people around me, that are jobless, try to console my self with it, but then, who knows tomorrow.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Uchan4u(m): 7:00am On Dec 07, 2015
You have to understand the reading and learning method that best work for you. Stop following others. For me I am not a marathon reader, but my friends will read for hours to understand. At a time I felt I wasn't doing enough, I joined them to go to night classes but it didn't pay at all. After reading for about an hour, I will get tired. So I have to stop and assess my performance, I always do better than them in discussion classes, quizzes, and even in exams.
So the high point is understanding hour you are wired.

3 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by ministerblessed: 7:08am On Dec 07, 2015
Pray like u won't read and read like u won't pray...... Eat brain enhancing food,u can Google dem....... U can also see a Dr to ask questions..... God will definitely help u dear. It is well!

4 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 7:19am On Dec 07, 2015
Uchan4u:
You have to understand the reading and learning method that best work for you. Stop following others. For me I am not a marathon reader, but my friends will read for hours to understand. At a time I felt I wasn't doing enough, I joined them to go to night classes but it didn't pay at all. After reading for about an hour, I will get tired. So I have to stop and assess my performance, I always do better than them in discussion classes, quizzes, and even in exams.
So the high point is understanding hour you are wired.

Plenty of thanks to you sir,
Intellectually, I am far of better than so many of my peers, I read lots of things, articles, whereas they limit themselves to just 'chatting', but then, if in exams things still get awful, what use is my intellect, I figured my reading technique long long ago, and have been 'upgrading' poco a poco it, but still...nothing seems to be happening. My last semester, I have never deprived myself of such amount of sleep in my life, but still people that didn't read in my own view are performing better.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by umehmj(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2015
from your tone i noticed one thing - you see education as the only escape from hardship and poverty, hence you felt your world is coming to an end since it can't seem to be working out. don't get it twisted though, education is good but it's very wrong to see it as the only ticket to better life.

back to your issue. you made us understand you are pretty brainy in you tender years but with time your grades began to dwindle. well, i don't think this has to do with your study habits. it could be attributed to making wrong choices in your choice of course to study. but then, it has been proven that one can virtually take on any course if one puts their mind to it. so if you ask me, i will say your problem is more spiritual than physical. this also means you have been treating the ailment with the wrong medication. seek spiritual help. there is nothing God cannot do and no condition he cannot turn around, no matter how bad.

another option is tapping into your natural flare, which is business. isn't it funny we struggle to acquire certificates only to end up working for the uneducated but business oriented moguls?? schools are structured to groom and make us good employees. but there are no jobs out there. so if school no work, my brother try the other option instead to dey waste money pay for school fees, pay for texts and pay for hostel accommodation. it is as good as nothing if you come out with second class lower or third class. you can use your school fees to start up. and don't despise your little beginning! have a great day.

and please, no suicide. you can only rise when you hit the rock bottom.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2015
ministerblessed:
Pray like u won't read and read like u won't pray...... Eat brain enhancing food,u can Google dem....... U can also see a Dr to ask questions..... God will definitely help u dear. It is well!

Hmm
Pray like u won't read and read like u won't pray
I just googled them, they are not so rare, I would work on getting them.
I have as well seen my schools counsellor, she did the best she could...
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Confessng: 7:41am On Dec 07, 2015
Let me tell you a short story !
Steve Jobs was supposed to be given up for adoption at birth to an educated couple ,when he was born and they discovered he was a boy,they rejected him ,
So they gave him to the next available couple who were not as educated as his biological mother wanted so she refused to sign his adoption papers till they vowed he will go to university (Tell me what can be worse than being rejected at birth due to no fault of his ? )

His parents were spending all the money they could to send him to school but he wasnt getting by the courses didnt interest him ,so he dropped out and instead started attending Calligraphy classes (Calligraphy is the study of decorative handwriting or handwritten lettering) wont you consider that stupid and an absolute waste of time ?

He was sleeping on the floor or his friends Dorm room and trekking to Hare Krishna temple once a week to get a good meal i doubt if your case is that bad ,what am i saying am saying go deep within you and ask God and your guardian angel what you should do ,when the answer comes it can only be right .

Go for it ,will it be easy absolutely not ! Will it be worth it absolutely yes in the End it will all come together

Steve Jobs had every reason to continue in school despite the fact he wasn't getting much from his course of study afterall that was the only reason why his biological mother signed the papers for his adoption but that wasn't his path

Your Father's dream for your life is not necessarily God's dream for your life and the best way to know when we arent in alignment with God's will is that we start to struggle start to feel pain because we are fighting to go against the currents when we can just go with the flow ,forget that it is family issues or ancestral curses that will only draw you back ,not one hair from your head will fall out without God's will just as no leave drops from a tree without God's will and no feather falls out from a bird outside God's will

Nothing ,No Ancestral nonsense or Jazz whatever can work on you ,evil people only capitalize on down phases in our lives and our fears and try to make it harder ,like the moon we as humans wax and wane ,there are the up times and the down times God will never take us through only down times

Christ had his down times,The Prophet Muhammed had his down times ,it is a natural process in the human evolution

AmNotADullard:

Very grateful sir,
My dad who is uneducated, but told me he wanted to be an accountant at my age, I don't want to be a disappointment to him, he has struggled enough to see us go to school, how do I tell him semester in semester out that it is 'F' I have in box for him as a reward for his struggles over me, how do I tell him that the saying he has made to be constant in our ears "education is the best legacy" I have decided to drop out or back out from it. Left to me, I would have loved to go into what I love doing but were is the money, I collect a little above 1500naira per week with my only provision been garri. All ways lead to nowhere in my case, it gets so bad I start thinking spiritually, family issues Sir, life can be so unfair.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by yemmit90: 7:59am On Dec 07, 2015
AmNotADullard:

The course is so irrelevant, "philosophy".
I wish I was strong enough to do so many things.
Since the new session started, it is so hard to even concentrate, low self esteem is creeping in already, I am in a way 'introverted' also, I don't watch ball, I don't play ball, I don't do females, I don't listen to music, nothing I know is distracting me, but still.
At attimes I take example of people around me, that are jobless, try to console my self with it, but then, who knows tomorrow.

Let me tell you an obvious truth, the more you keep worry the more your chances of getting it wrong again. please follow these steps;

1. Free your mind and belief the courses you're about to take are very cheap to get good grades in.

2. Dont force yourself to read,read when you feel like.

3. Forget about the past grades and think like if yor just started afresh.

4. Discover what really work for you.

Let me give you an example, in my 100L days, i noticed i rarely assiminated anything when i study in the school library but in my off campus room. If not that i discovered this early,i would have performed woefully in my courses then.

5. Find a silent place, read louder and record it. This help me alot as i dont easily forget what i hear. You record what you read and listen to them at your leisure.

6. play Chess. This is not compulsory but will definiely broading you knowledge, concentration and ability to think fast.

7. Pick some vital points from your courses materials/text books and re-write them in you own english.

Please dont kill yourself over nothing. Paper education (especially in this part of the world)doesnt worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 8:08am On Dec 07, 2015
Confessng:
Let me tell you a short story !
Steve Jobs was supposed to be....

I don't know how to thank you enough for dis...
I would totally erase any jazz like thought that seems to be growing in me, I am indeed very grateful sir.

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 8:12am On Dec 07, 2015
umehmj:
from your tone i noticed one thing - you see education as the only escape from hardship and poverty, hence you felt your world is coming to an end since it can't seem to be working out. don't get it twisted though, education is good but it's very wrong to see it as the only ticket to better life.

back to your issue. you made us understand you are pretty brainy in you tender years but with time your grades began to dwindle. well, i don't think this has to do with your study habits. it could be attributed to making wrong choices in your choice of course to study. but then, it has been proven that one can virtually take on any course if one puts their mind to it. so if you ask me, i will say your problem is more spiritual than physical. this also means you have been treating the ailment with the wrong medication. seek spiritual help. there is nothing God cannot do and no condition he cannot turn around, no matter how bad.

another option is tapping into your natural flare, which is business. isn't it funny we struggle to acquire certificates only to end up working for the uneducated but business oriented moguls?? schools are structured to groom and make us good employees. but there are no jobs out there. so if school no work, my brother try the other option instead to dey waste money pay for school fees, pay for texts and pay for hostel accommodation. it is as good as nothing if you come out with second class lower or third class. you can use your school fees to start up. and don't despise your little beginning! have a great day.

and please, no suicide. you can only rise when you hit the rock bottom.

I don't really see it as the only escape route, I just want to make my dad happy, I wasn't even pretty brainy, I was extremely brainy... More like a super kid, all of a sudden, all just went down.
I would start thinking of how to explore other options. Blessings sir.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AmNotADullard: 8:16am On Dec 07, 2015
I wouldn't deny it that one reason why I am trying to forge ahead is because of my Dad, seeing him "some things" to train us, in all aspect(morally, academically, spiritually). I can't imagine me telling him continuously about my 'F's' talk more of saying I want to leave school. I forbid and God forbid what would happen to him... That's what scares me most.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by kayboy4y(m): 8:32am On Dec 07, 2015
OK. May God be wt u and see u thru this difficult moment.
AmNotADullard:

I have prayed, though I know prayer can never be enough, just like how reading can never be enough, but sir... I have prayed a lot. Fast? everyday is like am fasting.
Partially, they are aware(told them my problem, when I was still writing Jamb)... But my 100level first semster resort, I had to lie a bit, my 2nd semester, I don't want to lie again, I don't want my dad to hate me, I don't want to cause any sickness in him.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by kayboy4y(m): 8:39am On Dec 07, 2015
gunpoint:

Give this advise to Shakau and his hommies please

U're the Shekau...I've now advised u grin
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Confessng: 9:16am On Dec 07, 2015
May the wisdom of God guide you and yes you can fast once a month but please eat,eat your brain needs the food
starving yourself can even make you forgetful ,your brain needs the nutrients ,try to eat more proteins (Plant Protein) if you can get almond seeds eat them
Google up seeds and herbs that can help improve brain function and dont lie about your results again show your father this nairaland post tell him a friend wrote it ,when he is done reading it and you guys discuss it ,ask him what you think the guy should do hear his opinion ,when he is one after about 2days
Ask him what if it was his son cry and tell him the truth
Telling the truth will take the pressure off you .

That is why it is said that the truth shall set you free
AmNotADullard:

I don't know how to thank you enough for dis...
I would totally erase any jazz like thought that seems to be growing in me, I am indeed very grateful sir.

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Bambless1(m): 10:12am On Dec 07, 2015
AmNotADullard:

Bros, my dad is Imo, my mum is Ekiti.
Lolz
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Hybrid01: 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
I would say this:don't end ur life coz if u do,u go straight 2 hell fire&I tell u,there is always lite at d end of d tunnel.my advice is ds:sit down,think of what d problem could be.if u really want ur degree,then try and read more and PRAY!prayer works whether we believe it or not.
u could also try &get a role model in ur dept/fellowship 2 always talk 2 about issues.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Confessng: 6:50am On Dec 11, 2015
Hello , how are you faring ?
AmNotADullard:
Good day Nairalanders, the time I started writing this is 3:22am, whether am a popular NLder or not doesn't matter, but I would like to Conceal my identity. These would be a bit long, because I would want to explain all what is happening and has been happening to me concerning my education.

I am from the eastern part of Nigeria, and school somewhere in the south, part of the top 10 universities in Nigeria.
Back in my, Primary and Junior secondary school, I was extremely brilliant, always part of first 3, a lot of times I was 1st in class and best overall. Even my junior waec, I was so happy, people were happy for me.

The problem started in my secondary school, I noticed I started dropping, my 2nd term in SS1, I was 21/23 in class, same school, same class mates.
I thought maybe I had started playing to much, so I stopped all what I figured out could be the problem, yet there was no solution, my parents got me private teachers for my core subjects. Once they are with me, I would understand what they teach me, when they leave, I don't slack, I continue reading and reading, when exam comes, it would seem like I wasn't the one who read. A day before the exam, it would be fresh in my head and when I even write the exam, my mind would be like "you have killed it"
My parents would ask how it was, my reply would be: "yes, it was perfect, expecting the perfect result".

When I see my result, I would as usual fail virtually everything.
Still, I managed to go/forge ahead, I was able to pass my WASSCE in one sitting, how I did that I don't know, not that I passed outstandingly, I only had 'credit' in all the subject I was expect to have grade 'C'.

Then the hustle for Jamb came, let it be known that I wrote jamb 5 times, and the 5th time was when I got admitted to my school of choice.

Currently in my 200level, we resumed a new session about 2months ago. Now to what caused dis write up.

My first semester of 100level result: C, F, A, D, D.

A terrible result for someone in 100level, yes, I know. I felt too relaxed first semester, played a lot.
I determined that 2nd semester would be better, not that I was expecting all A's but I didn't want any F.
So my whole 2nd semester was reading all through, I read to the extent that I started feeling sure I should have A's in at least 3 out of 6 courses.

But when the result came in, it was worse than my first semester without me playing or getting distracted,
My 2nd semester of 100level result: C, F, C, E, C,F

And now 200level has kicked off, but something is happening to me.

I don't think I can survive this anymore,
My parents don't have money, my dad is struggling to send us to school.
None of my siblings work,
I have been contemplating different means of ending my life,
I move about with shame, I don't sleep anymore, I can't get my head straight, I would stay awake all night crying and praying for a change in my academic life.

I have done all what I think I can humanly do, hence why the thought of taking my life,
I know I can't create a life, but of what use is one that doesn't seem to make people happy?
But then, I decided to come on here, to ask if there is something else in reading I am not doing apart from, reading.... I have applied all the reading techniques applicable, jot while reading, revise, ask myself questions, and all. But still after exam, I don't seem to have that desired result, I have prayed countless times.

By my side is a chemical I got when I discovered I had 2f's. Education, they say is the best legacy. But in my case it isn't sure if it would be, I am a business oriented person, but no money to even establish myself, so that's not an option, please Nairalanders, I don't wish to Take my life, please is there anything you can suggest to me other than suicide and constant reading and prayers. I am 22years of age.

cry
God bless.

CC: Lalasticlala, seun, Freiburger, r231

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unizik 2011/2012 Admission Statue Is Out On Www.jamb.org.ng / First Yorùbá Textbook Unveiled In China / WAEC: Abia, Rivers Lead Nationwide In 2017 May/june WASSCE Results [see Top 10]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.