Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:59 AM

Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down (35146 Views)

EFCC Report Against Ibe Kachikwu Sent To Osinbajo, The Vice President Leaks / Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President / Hadiza Usman Squats To Greet Osinbajo, The Acting President (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by joedrae(m): 9:54am On Dec 07, 2015
Olalekan Adetayo: Before vice president Osinbajo, the workaholic, breaks down

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is no doubt hard working. He looks very energetic. Even his stature speaks volume of him. He carries that frame swiftly any time he is trekking from his end of the Villa to the President’s office and he does that very often. He shares that stature with the likes of Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State and probably Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State. Without sounding immodest, I also belong to their association. El-Rufai has whispered to me and some other colleagues belonging to that group that the Vice President is our patron. I won’t disclose the name of the association, but by our stature, you shall know us.

I am not a medical doctor but having watched activities in the Villa closely since he and President Muhammadu Buhari moved into the seat of power, I will advise that Osinbajo should slow down. His activities so far have not left anybody in doubt that he is a workaholic. He resumes very early in the morning and remains in his office till late in the night almost daily.

Osinbajo has been going round the states of the federation from the North to the South on behalf of his boss. There are times he makes two or three states in a day! He has also made many foreign trips on behalf of the President. His attitude to work has become a subject of discussions, though in hushed tones, among members of his staff, most of who believe that they are being overstretched.

For instance, a day to the opening of the presidential retreat organised for ministers last month, I was reliably informed that the Senior Advocate of Nigeria was in his office till about 2am preparing the paper he presented at the event. This notwithstanding, Osinbajo arrived the venue with the President at exactly 9am. I wonder whether he slept at all.

As if that is not enough, Osinbajo sat through the programme while Buhari left shortly after declaring the event open. The Vice President returned to his office after the event and started treating files that he could not treat while at the venue. By 9am the following day, he was already in the old Banquet Hall venue to preside over the activities of the second day.

Penultimate Wednesday, he was in Ikenne, Ogun State where he hosted the President and other well-meaning Nigerians at the burial of the matriarch of the Awolowo family, Chief HID Awolowo. He played a leading role in the burial because his wife, Dolapo, is a grand-daughter of the deceased

Surprisingly however, Osinbajo was again on hand later in the day when Buhari hosted Senators to a presidential dinner at the new Banquet Hall. He had managed to freshen up and change his clothe before attending the event. Many of his close aides were looking very tired. “The work must be done” was the reply of one of them when I told him that I did not expect that Osinbajo would attend the event.

On Tuesday, he started his activities by taking part in the 2015 National Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Summit held inside the Villa. Shortly after that, he played host to a delegation of Global Good Fund co-founded by Bill Gates in his conference room. While those guests were still finding their way out after the meeting, Osinbajo’s convoy was already leaving the Villa. He left for Yenagoa, Bayelsa State where he represented Buhari at the grand finale of the campaign of the All Progressives Congress governorship candidate, Timipreye Sylvia. Another task that the Vice President has been carrying out dutifully is that he has always been on hand at the airport to receive his boss whenever he is returning from any foreign trip.

One other thing that has been glaring since he took over is that the Vice President, who is a pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, has also ensured that state duties do not affect his spiritual life. He still attends the monthly vigil that holds in the church’s camp located on the popular Lagos-Ibadan Expressway every first Friday of the month. His workers even told me that he still attends evening services such as Bible Study (Digging Deep as it is called in RCCG) and Prayer Meetings in one of the parishes in Abuja and still return to his office late in the night to continue work.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not in any way suggesting that Osinbajo should abandon state duties. Far from it. I am also not suggesting that he should jettison his God. I am only advising that the Vice President must avoid breaking down. I know that as a religious person, if he is reading this, he may be uttering words such as “I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me” or “I shall not die but live, to declare the glory of God in the land of the living.” Let me make it clear that I am not wishing him any evil before he will scream “Back to sender!”

There are claims that many top government officials take some forms of performance-induced drugs or drinks to keep them going when work becomes tough. Because of his religious background however, I don’t see Osinbajo indulging in such. Rather, I see him relying on “the grace of God.” He should therefore not stretch the grace beyond limit. Nigeria cannot afford any sick leader for now, judging from our recent past. My candid advice please.

Source: http://www.thescoopng.com/olalekan-adetayo-before-vice-president-osinbajo-the-workaholic-breaks-down/

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by joedrae(m): 9:55am On Dec 07, 2015
I suggest we all continue to pray for him. He is actually doing some great work.

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by olumide81(m): 10:34am On Dec 07, 2015
I love this , a different observation from what we have all been wailing about, in another news the death of Audu has not stopped Kogi from having a governor. He should consider resting as an essential part of his duties.

48 Likes

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by joedrae(m): 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
May God bless PMB/PYO and may Nigeria be great again. Amen

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by Berrylite: 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
Okk
Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by Joejonah(m): 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
My preferred presidential candidate!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
He is still a mere commissioner who has been assigned the whole work while his master enjoy his junketeering shocked sad shocked
sad

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by MissNairaland1: 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Be Strong Mr VP Sir
If you break down, what do we the masses do??
Be strong Mr VP cry

We do not need any breaking down, all we need are breakthroughss cry

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Their's dignity in hardwork. We just pray he'll get result from all d stress.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Trash

How come we Nigerians are not feeling the impact of his work.

coolI only see a Boxer in Animal Farm

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by Richie0974: 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
OK.. ..
Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by drnairalov: 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
at least i heard more of this guy than sambo

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by pus11: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
shocked
[size=38pt]
the writer is an illiterate. [/size]

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by gift01: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
He made his promises and he must keep them. No be we send dem to promise heaven on earth. They must be held accountable

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
i dont get this.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
MissNairaland1:

Be Strong Mr VP Sir
If you break down, what do we the masses do??
Be strong Mr VP cry
do you call lying and tweeting daily on social media W ORK

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by dammytosh: 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
We once have a Non existing Vp

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by ztar(m): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
Okay... I will pass your message across the next time he comes visiting....
Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by ziccoit: 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
May God in his infinite mercy guide and protect him and his boss to carry on successfully the Herculean task of leading this country. My President and his Vice shall not breakdown by His grace. So I prayed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
olumide81:
I love this , a different observation from what we have all been wailing about, in another news the death of Audu has not stopped Kogi from having a governor. He should consider resting as an essential part of his duties.
he is doing the job he was voted in to do so he should work hard

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by Thunderlicious: 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by joshujoshu(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
may Jah continue to empower him
Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by hollandis(f): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
Zeal without knowledge

Ofe mmamu people always supporting their kin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by klickash077(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
he is capable!

he isn't a neophyte to this daily rigorous and tedious job.

God and the good people of Nigeria are solidly behind him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by elipheleh(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
Liars. Propagandist. The cone heads are naturally lazy. How can one of them then be hard working?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by bunmioguns(m): 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
shocked
Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by UncleSnr(m): 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by Toeyoursea(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Even though some hypocrites think he his a mere commissioner and doesn't do anything.

He understands the problems more than PMB with all due respect.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by BCISLTD007: 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
angry who send this guy this write up....there is work to be done. ..let him do it...save praises for after 4yrs

Golf 4 still available

11 Likes

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by SuPeRq(f): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by MzPecs(f): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Trash!

Have the writer also taken his time to analyse the loads of work an average Nigerian does a day? All the hustle et all and at the end, it comes with little pay.

Come here and write trash about someone who wasn't forced to do the job!
Who send am work?

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down by emmanuel596(m): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
Practice makes perfect if he wasn't hard working and focused in his youthful age he wouldn't have been this strong at old age.......if he works people will talk if he doesn't work people will. Still say he is a wakahorlic....pls free the man he's not lazy....how many times did we ever see or hear that sambo and his drunkard boss walk to share ideas in each others office?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Halima And Zahra Buhari At Friend's Wedding In Kaduna State / Olusegun Obasanjo And Kukah Ride A Horse At The Durbar (Photos) / My Husband's Obsession With Biafra Is Scary - Nnamdi Kanu's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.