Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,941 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana (30835 Views)

Aisha Buhari Didn't See Buhari In London; Cabal Forged Buhari's Signature - SR / President Buhari Didn't Die In London, He's Alive – Garba Shehu Reacts To Rumour / Ojudu To BBOG: Buhari Didn't Kidnap Chibok Girls, Stop Coming To Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 07, 2015
Femi Falana, human rights lawyer and activist, says President Muhammadu Buhari did not appoint him a minister for “ideological reasons”.
He said some people believed that he was “too radical” and should not be made attorney-general of the federation and minister of justice.
Speculations that he would be appointed minister were widespread, but Buhari picked Kayode Fayemi from Ekiti state. Fayemi was governor of the state and worked closely with Buhari during the presidential election. Confirming the speculations to The Interview magazine which is currently on sale, Falana said: “I was actually contacted. I was actually invited to come on board. It took me appreciable time to make up my mind.

Along the way, I was made to understand there were people who were opposed to my appointment for ideological reasons. It is their right to do so.” He said the appointment of ministers is within the “exclusive discretion of the president” and that he had put the episode behind him. “For me, it would have been a call to service, not to make money,” he said.

“Those who believed… that I should mobilise people to put in a word for me, or wanted me to speak to somebody I fought on principle several years ago were, of course, disappointed. This guy actually headed one of the universities at a time students were killed. “I had to support the students’ cause at that time. You don’t then expect me to go to him and swallow my vomit. This is what I mean by the ideological price.” Falana said there were also “certain leaders” of the All Progressives Congress (APC) that opposed his appointment because he was not a member of the party. “Of course, they are right. Certain people wanted me to be opportunistic by offering to backdate a membership card for me. I said, ‘no, over my dead body’. I wasn’t looking for a job. I was gainfully employed.”

https://www.thecable.ng/falana-why-buhari-didnt-make-me-minister

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by dgalon(m): 10:44am On Dec 07, 2015
Who cares?

15 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by tos4u(m): 10:45am On Dec 07, 2015
I THINK NDIS DUDE NEED TO THANK GOD FOR THAT because U FOR HERE WEN FOR NAIJA
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by applord: 10:47am On Dec 07, 2015
cheesy

You are not alone sir

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:49am On Dec 07, 2015
I understand how Falana must have felt...but life must go on man!

18 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by MeesterMAN: 10:52am On Dec 07, 2015
lol..ehen
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by ifyan(m): 10:53am On Dec 07, 2015
Chai! Chai! Bubu is this what you do to this man.

Hmmmm l am filling your pai5 Mr femi.

Bear it

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by Mlaide(m): 10:55am On Dec 07, 2015
Mr Falana. You and i know that is an end time story

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by denziz: 11:00am On Dec 07, 2015
Just keep up the good work,your time will surely come one day.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 07, 2015
I see
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by wachakuta(m): 11:03am On Dec 07, 2015
Must u b a minister b4 u can serve your father land

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by mazzi: 11:06am On Dec 07, 2015
And I say ntooooooooooooooooooor to you!
Why not tell us the name of the man you were ask to meet?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by Lanretoye(m): 11:08am On Dec 07, 2015
You are more respected by the masses than the attorney general sir...keep up with ur ideologies.

15 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by kalebsky: 11:12am On Dec 07, 2015
u are well respected, stick to ur principle come 2023 I ll vote for u

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by Dannyset(m): 11:13am On Dec 07, 2015
Falana is. better this way to me. because he would be a Partisan(even in just ccourse) in the process of service and that would dent his image.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by TimeManager(m): 11:29am On Dec 07, 2015
Falana Take A Bow And Go! Your Conscience Will Justify You. You Refused To Bow Before Those Powers, There Is No Power But Of GOD
No Lie Only Truth!

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by FreeGlobe(f): 11:30am On Dec 07, 2015
This one pain am

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by veekid(m): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
Fym
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
Na only uh na dey for this country.
I think it's high time people like this start keeping their mouth SHUT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by Firefire(m): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
grin cheesy
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by MadCow1: 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
Femi Falana is so radical, I wouldn't be surprised to one day hear that he has sued himself to court. grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
U right

9 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by odinese(m): 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
.you are pained thou undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
Its simple you are not among his favorite disciplines
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by DONSMITH123(m): 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
say that to the gods

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by techprepro(m): 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
nvc
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by marked10(m): 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
Falana falana falana, I really believe in your abilities.

what pricks me is, why are we talking about this issues while their are so many issues concerning u and Nigeria at large.

For example: The issue of freedom of speech. I am confused that you have not even said a word about it. why? one would even be forced to believe that u have been bribed and u are therefore stayed from talkin.

so much for human right activist. u r alive and buhari is bring decree 4 back to democracy and all u could say is why he denied u Attorney General position. I think u still want that position that's why u r not opposing him on this pressing social media bill.

you all are just the same thing. we r not gullible again so it will take more to divert the citizens of Nigeria from the main facts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana by marked10(m): 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
hkahahahaha
na qa oii.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce: "Nigeria Doesn't Need 36 Ministers, States", He Gets Epic Replies / Titi Abubakar: I Married Atiku Because Of His Integrity / Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.