Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,273 members, 7,780,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:38 PM

Uk Spouse Visa - Part Time Occupation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Spouse Visa - Part Time Occupation (2718 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Spouse Visa - Part Time Occupation by gob10: 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2009
I hope i am posting in the right forum: it took me a while to find out where and how to post. Please see below

I am seeking a U.K. spousal visa.

The issue now is:

1. I obtained a U.K marriage visitors visa to get married In the U.K. as I had to come back for a couple of months before going back to settle and I now have over 3 months left before this multiple visa expires. (have visited U.K over 15 times in the past and also countries In Europe and marriage cert is a U.K registry certificate)

2. My husband a British Citizen who has just finished his masters in management was working part time and has agreed with his boss to start full time In a couple of months as there are vacancies. his salary is now almost £700 for the part time he works

3. When he was working full time a year ago he was earning almost 1700 a month after tax and will receive that when he resumes full time. he owns his own house(on mortgage) and supports his income from his dad who transfers on a quad yearly (4x a year) basis about £2000-3000 – we have the transfer slips

4. The problem now is that I am ready to apply and worry that his part time status will put the ECO off as he not being able to support me.

5. His latest bank statement he sent shows a balance of £1500. I have savings of £5000( in Treasury bills) and £1700 in my current account and have written in my personal letter that I will be taking this along

6. I was working as a manager and have a degree and have included print out of U.K job vacancies to show my employment intention.

7. Now the question is on the settlement application - should we write that he is working full time although we have only part time payslips – will receive his first full time payslip soon – or we write he is working part time as that is what are on his payslips.

8. If he writes part time (how will this affect my application as I hear that the ECO do not like part-timers at all – due to inability to cater for the applicant? I also read on the UKBA website that the ECO’s are supposed to consider the joint income of both parties but from what I see on all these forums – the ECO’s don’t do this and it seems with most refusals the onus of maintenance lies on the sponsor only.

9. Or do we write full time considering that his employment contract which is what he has –given over a year ago shows he is contracted on a full time basis (also have full time pay slips from 2007 2006 etc showing income of over 1800 a month. Will it help if we include some of these in my application) – and explain in his letter that he is going back to full time or say nothing at all. He wrote in his personal letter that he has a job.

We are so confused – this is our only problem all other documents have been provided – it is just his job status.
Re: Uk Spouse Visa - Part Time Occupation by Ilelobola: 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2009
Please see my response in bold below. One of the most important things is that you can prove that you will not be a financial liability to the government and that your being here will not make your husband one either.
gob10:

I hope i am posting in the right forum: it took me a while to find out where and how to post. Please see below

I am seeking a U.K. spousal visa.

The issue now is:

1. I obtained a U.K marriage visitors visa to get married In the U.K. as I had to come back for a couple of months before going back to settle and I now have over 3 months left before this multiple visa expires. (have visited U.K over 15 times in the past and also countries In Europe and marriage cert is a U.K registry certificate)
If you mean you have a UK fiancee visa, then it's best to apply for your settlement visa from the UK however if you meant a Visit visa, then you have to apply from outside the UK.

2. My husband a British Citizen who has just finished his masters in management was working part time and has agreed with his boss to start full time In a couple of months as there are vacancies. his salary is now almost £700 for the part time he works
It's not just about how much he earns but how much is left over after paying bills etc. It might help to include a budget in your application if you are applying from outside the UK. And yes include both your savings; they look at both though with more emphasis on the Sponsor.

3. When he was working full time a year ago he was earning almost 1700 a month after tax and will receive that when he resumes full time. he owns his own house(on mortgage) and supports his income from his dad who transfers on a quad yearly (4x a year) basis about £2000-3000 – we have the transfer slips
If you are applying from outside, they cannot consider what he receives from his father as 3rd party support is not allowed. You should consider asking his dad to give him about a year's worth of support upfront and keeping it in his account for at least 3 months and then you can apply for your visa if savings are too low. They will not care that he used to work full time, it's about now.

4. The problem now is that I am ready to apply and worry that his part time status will put the ECO off as he not being able to support me.
His part time work is not a put off as long as he can demonstrate that he will be able to support both of you without requiring benefits etc.

5. His latest bank statement he sent shows a balance of £1500. I have savings of £5000( in Treasury bills) and £1700 in my current account and have written in my personal letter that I will be taking this along
Your combined savings seem fine depending on how far his £700 monthly income would stretch

6. I was working as a manager and have a degree and have included print out of U.K job vacancies to show my employment intention.
Good. Remember to include your certificate and if possible reference from former employer confirming your position etc.

7. Now the question is on the settlement application - should we write that he is working full time although we have only part time payslips – will receive his first full time payslip soon – or we write he is working part time as that is what are on his payslips.

8. If he writes part time (how will this affect my application as I hear that the ECO do not like part-timers at all – due to inability to cater for the applicant? I also read on the UKBA website that the ECO’s are supposed to consider the joint income of both parties but from what I see on all these forums – the ECO’s don’t do this and it seems with most refusals the onus of maintenance lies on the sponsor only.

9. Or do we write full time considering that his employment contract which is what he has –given over a year ago shows he is contracted on a full time basis (also have full time pay slips from 2007 2006 etc showing income of over 1800 a month. Will it help if we include some of these in my application) – and explain in his letter that he is going back to full time or say nothing at all. He wrote in his personal letter that he has a job.

Is there really a question that asks if the sponsor works full or part time? It only asks if he is working or not, which in this case is yes. However if you want to include in the letter that he is going on to full time work shortly, you can do so and include a letter from his employer confirming that and the salary he would be paid etc.
We are so confused – this is our only problem all other documents have been provided – it is just his job status.
Re: Uk Spouse Visa - Part Time Occupation by gob10: 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2009
Extremely helpful information, Ilelebola many thanks. we decided to write full time as he has only just started June (although no payslips yet - but he has written in his personal letter to them that he has resumed full time). and yes the settlement form asks whether he is part or full time. will keep updated
Re: Uk Spouse Visa - Part Time Occupation by tos(m): 12:24am On Jun 04, 2009
I was in the same situation as you are about 2 years ago. My wife was not working and she had to go and take up a new job to enhance my chance of getting the visa. To make matter worse, she had about 40p in her bank accounts, though we still went ahead to submit this.

Fortunately for us, the ECO considered my ability to secure a job when I get to the UK as a mean of maintaining myself. I had about £4k in savings and some assets that I had to sell then and the proofs were presented to the ECO.

You have done the right thing by printing copies of the various applications you have made so far. However, you hubby will need to send a coppy of his employment letter and possibly a letter from his employer supporting his employment status. Though I think it rests on the either of you to proof maintainance ability rather than both of you.

Let me know if you need anymore info.
Re: Uk Spouse Visa - Part Time Occupation by djavo(m): 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2009
I think you have got all the right stuff you going to need.The only thing i can add is that your spouse should get a letter confirming that his employer is taking him back on a full time basis(the issue of payslips would have been covered by the employers offer letter).I was in a little bit similar position as yours last year ,my wife was not working then cos she was studing.Althogh she was getting NHS grant, we manage to convince the ECO that i have got a job offer and i also printed some jobs that meets my skills and experience from the jobcentreplus website,proof of what i was doing at the time of application,evidence of funds that is available to me,evidence of communication btw us i.e emails,calling cards,greeting cards e.t.c and we also made statement about our relationship on where we started and some of our feature plans together.I had to provide as many as possible evidence that i could lay my hands on cos i thought i have never been to the uk b4 so i had to show that the relationship was a genuie one but i think you will be alright cos you have been to the UK many times.And most important is prayers.Goodl luck
Re: Uk Spouse Visa - Part Time Occupation by gob10: 6:39pm On May 22, 2010
Oh, thank you so much for your goodwill. the visa was granted after 3 months and received last year August 2009. God Bless you all for your input and for those who are now embarking, are embarking or at the end of embarking on a UK spouse visa application - keep fighting and success will be yours.

God Bless you all.

much love
Re: Uk Spouse Visa - Part Time Occupation by member65: 4:36pm On May 25, 2010
^^^^^
Good. Now you need to pay your tithe, J/k Just try not to be too far from the forum and assist others with info when and if you can. Congrats.

(1) (Reply)

'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' / What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? / Securing Visa To Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.