Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,956 members, 7,803,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? (2653 Views)

After Dating For 3yrs Without Sex..she Is Getting Married To Someone Else / She Has Been Forming. Now I Told Her I Am Getting Married, She Is Annoyed / If Your Ex Is Married But Still Wants You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Tonyet1(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2009
my closest friend use to have this very chic he cherished so much, they broke up yeah yeah, shit happens, and somehow they both couldnt get things fixed up, eventually his ex-gf got hooked up with a nice G , and yesterday i was with my friend when an SMS came and it read : hi lanre, would i be fair enough should i invite you to my wedding coming up on the 13th of June. love to see you

when we both read this, yeah i know my friend was actually trying to put up his ego, but emotions couldnt but helped him reflect back on all those good memories they both shared, and i as the friend i still know how they both loved each other , it was so hot that they were tagged "One heart", and i know my friend still loved her but man's pride didnt let him make up until a sharper G stole her. maybe prolly because she relocated from PH to calabar

the question now:

would you attend you ex's wedding party if invited, and what do you think i can advise him, because i could help myself laffing all through yesterday when we both read the message
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by yme1(f): 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2009
no biggy about it
he should let the past be his past
tho we know the past is always infleuncing the future but we shouldnt let it take control of our emotions
so my advice is that he should attend the wedding undecided
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by didit1(m): 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2009
Forget it, i won't because it would bring back too much memories but that is if i still love him, but if i don't feel a thing for him anymore i would definitely attend the wedding, i will also give him a very beautiful gift to let him know i was there.
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2009
AS you said. . .shit happens! He wasn't fast enough. . .better luck next time! So he should simply go and celebrate with her. . .dang! grin  lipsrsealed
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by biola44: 4:06pm On Jun 01, 2009
let bygone's be bygone's, he shld go 4 d wedding, he had his chance, it's no use crying over split milk grin
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2009
If my ex invited me to her wedding, would I attend?

Yes, I'd definitely attend, to show no hard feelings, if nothing else, and I'll wish her and the groom well.
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by patwhizkid(f): 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2009
Yes, i'll go there 2 cause havoc!
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by donjazzie(m): 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2009
Sure. . . Wat the deal. .

She's an Ex getting married. .

patwhizkid:

Yes, i'll go there 2 cause havoc!

LMAO
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Enockia(m): 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2009
yes i'll go and maybe i might get lucky and it might end up being my wedding
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Romeo4real(m): 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2009
Why dont guys respect themselves? The fact that u are asking the question means that it is under consideration!
How can you go to ur Ex's wedding after she dumped you?
(1) She obviously does not respect u by inviting u, as she thinks you will accept the invite
(2) She obviously does not respect her Husband to be by inviting her LAST ex to the wedding.

If my wife to be invited her ex to our wedding, she would know that wedding would be cancelled on that day!
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by netotse(m): 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2009
he shldnt go o. . .he shld send a nice gift but he shldnt show face der. . .emotions are unpredictable he cld end up being very happy for here there or sad that he lost out. . .
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Enockia(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2009
netotse:

he shldnt go o. . .he shld send a nice gift but he shldnt show face der. . .emotions are unpredictable he cld end up being very happy for here there or sad that he lost out. . .

like i said
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by trimandtrendy(f): 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2009
naaaa. no point attending jare
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Oxone(m): 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2009
netotse:

i agree with you on this
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Igwe9(m): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2009
If my mood tells me no,  I'm not going anywhere, sad  else not I'd attend cool, just to show my face and disappear before things get complicated. cheesy
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by H2O2: 7:44pm On Jun 01, 2009
Naw. It's congratulations. That's all.

But then I don't really have an ex so
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Secretz(f): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2009
If you havent got plans, then go, no biggie.

However, if you think you are gonna be riled up with some uncontrollable emotions, then send a gift and card. Finito! grin

Or you can always IGNORE the msg as if you didnt see am! tongue
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Pataki: 8:06pm On Jun 01, 2009
Whether we are still best of friends or otherwise, I am not attending. She had better not send an invite to me. She is an ex, and everything about her remains so. My text or email (if I remember) wishing her well should suffice and be sufficient.
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by blackmann(m): 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2009
Happened to me. I had this girl i loved so much back home. We were still close, but she told me later on that she was getting married. She was about two years older than me, and she finished serving b4 i even finished my final year in skool. she told me once that she'll luv me to drive her to her church on her wedding day. The day b4 her wedding, i just called her nd wished her a very fruitful nd married life.
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by mntpaul(m): 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2009
Crazy people, Move on with your life. Don't look back, just go forward. Life to short to hang on or make amends of the past. Past is dead. kick the dust off your boots and leave it all behind.
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by MaiSuya(m): 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2009
E go hard sha! whether or not I will attend depends on the circumstances that let to our break up. Though its unlikely I will. . .
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by topup: 12:15am On Jun 02, 2009
In a way, attending the wedding can make everything REAL, he can accept his loses, instead of wonder if there was anything he could have done or if there was any reluctancy.

I think that it all depends on how highly this guy rates his ex, he obviously was able to let his pride dictate things for long enough - because he thought she'd always be around. How are we sure that it's not only because she is unavailable that the feelings have become harder to hide?

Anyways, I don't think what your friend does with the invite matters too much, he'll just have to decide to do what he believes is best for him, or if he is no longer keen on using rational and now wants to follow his heart, he can do just that - then he'll find his answer.

Everyone's different, some will go and they get closure, others won't go and they can save the memories or put them away in a neat box and move on.

The emphasis is on moving on - he should try his best to move on.
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by C2H5OH(f): 12:19am On Jun 02, 2009
topup:

In a way, attending the wedding can make everything REAL, he can accept his loses, instead of wonder if there was anything he could have done or if there was any reluctancy.

I think that it all depends on how highly this guy rates his ex, he obviously was able to let his pride dictate things for long enough - because he thought she'd always be around. How are we sure that it's not only because she is unavailable that the feelings have become harder to hide?

Anyways, I don't think what your friend does with the invite matters too much, he'll just have to decide to do what he believes is best for him, or if he is no longer keen on using rational and now wants to follow his heart, he can do just that - then he'll find his answer.

Everyone's different, some will go and they get closure, others won't go and they can save the memories or put them away in a neat box and move on.

The emphasis is on moving on - he should try his best to move on.

what?
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by follypimpi(m): 12:21am On Jun 02, 2009
Go there and dont 4get to raise you hands that you are not in support of the Union. grin grin
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Secretz(f): 1:09am On Jun 02, 2009
follypimpi:

Go there and dont 4get to raise you hands that you are not in support of the Union. grin grin

roflmao. grin
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Tonyet1(m): 10:54am On Jun 02, 2009
what gat the two of us puzzled was how did she get his number after all the yrs gone by, especially when she claimed she lost her phone and his number as well

but my advice to my friend was that he should show up, dressed gorgeous than ever did, if he needs to go for a salon treatment he should, maybe she sent him dat txt because she still got feelings for him

but lanre is saying he wil not attend, but do everything in his power to shang her for ever daring to send him dat crasy txt, av been begging him o
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by didit1(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2009
tonye-t:

when we both read this, yeah i know my friend was actually trying to put up his ego, but emotions couldnt but helped him reflect back on all those good memories they both shared, and i as the friend i still know how they both loved each other , it was so hot that they were tagged "One heart", and i know my friend still loved her but man's pride didnt let him make up until a sharper G stole her. maybe prolly because she relocated from PH to calabar

Don't go or else you will end up "putting down" your ego
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2009
I won't answer the question but i'll say these people never move forward to the future cuz they keep holding on to something that belongs in the past.and that something means hate/revenge/contempt. The best you can do is be there and be happy for her that's the only way you'll advance in life.who knows the one might be waiting for you there.
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2009
I won't answer the question but i'll say these people never move forward to the future cuz they keep holding on to something that belongs in the past.and that something means hate/revenge/contempt. The best you can do is be there and be happy for her that's the only way you'll advance in life.who knows the one might be waiting for you there.
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by v3: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Post
Yes i'll attend. . .but NOT to cause havoc cuz she inviting me already is inviting HAVOC. . .

When the pastor says "If anyone in this congregation wishes that this marriage NEVER see the light of day, let him/her speak NOW of FOREVER hold their piss"

I won't hold my piss o. . . ra ra. . .na there story go start. . .then she'll wish she hadn't invited me. . .
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by bblacky(f): 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2009
Igwe.:

If my mood tells me no, I'm not going anywhere, sad else not I'd attend cool, just to show my face and disappear before things get complicated. cheesy
gbam
follypimpi:

haba, beta dont go atal abeg make u no spoil d lucky man's day grin
Re: Your Ex Is Getting Married & She Invites You, Will You Attend? by jumie(f): 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2009
Your going for the wedding depends solely on you. I would rather you not go but call her and wish her well. Why do you want to put yourself thru emotional stress when you know you do not need it? Since it appears you have not forgotten the pains of the past, your prayer should be for God to provide you with your own mate with whom you'll walk down the aisle just like your ex.

@v3,
Please be mature in reasoning. Going to another person's wedding to cause havoc is truly uncalled for, immature and needless(remember you both were never married but just dated).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage And Divorce / What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? / Shame: A Guy Beat His Girlfriend Up For Getting Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.