Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House (42802 Views)

Photos Of My Apartment After Renovation For Christmas -phoros / First Time Landlord : I Shunned A Family House To Build Mine / Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 7:15am On Dec 15, 2015
TBrownAuto:
Those facial are they precast or made of other material, my concern what is the durability. I really need those.

Greeting to Hajji and other Boss in the house and best supplier of all Chekitaut.

They are polystyrene and very durable.
It is light weight and also very easy to install.
It is popularly used in Abuja
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by podosci(m): 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
The concrete facial is a non structural member, The only load we have to be concerned about is the self weight of the concrete facial. The polystyrene facial comes in to reduce the self weight by almost 90%. The polystyrene is used in place of clay pots in waffle slab construction for the same reason has self weight reduction.
Presently the Polystyrene is far cheaper in cost than Insitu concrete facial and I project it to become far more cheaper when more entrepreneurs come in to Production process.
It has an extra bonus of being very durable due to its hydrocarbon properties
And for extra points its easy to install and perfect for DIY Prospective home owners.

6 Likes

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
I am back with more updates of our remodeling work

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
Here are the removal activities of our existing plastering work.
Duration of activity = 10 days
number of participant/workers = 6men

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
more updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
more

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
more updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
more uppdates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Please show more pictures of your external plumbings as you go along.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by FastShipping: 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:

We spoke about tonnage last time.

Here are 30 ton bucket.

Someone once sold me 20 tons as 30 tons until I met Xzevian in property section. The guy is honest.

3 Likes

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
plastering work updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
more updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
more updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
more plastering updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
FastShipping:

Here are 30 ton bucket.

Someone once sold me 20 tons as 30 tons until I met Xzevian in property section. The guy is honest.

Here's what a Nairalander sold to me as 30 tons (the slip shows 29 tons but that's not happening again grin )

So I don't know since I have no scale.

I'm still going to do a quarry run myself in March.

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
more updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by FastShipping: 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Here's what a Nairalander sold to me as 30 tons (the slip shows 29 tons but that's not happening again grin )

It looks close to 30 tons though.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
more plastering updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
more updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
FastShipping:

It looks close to 30 tons though.

The bad apple has caused doubts in that industry.

One question, when you order 30 tons, should you expect 30 exact tons or is 29 close enough?

In my business, a pint of blood is a pint of blood, if you get 45 milligrams of pain killer instead of 55 milligram during a c section it won't be appreciated grin

5 Likes

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 4:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I will do that sir

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:

One question, when you order 30 tons, should you expect 30 exact tons or is 29 close enough?

In my business, a pint of blood is a pint of blood, if you get 45 milligrams of pain killer instead of 55 milligram during a c section it won't be appreciated grin

It is always difficult to get your tonnage right when it comes to sand and gravel due to the following
1. Most of the vehicle used cant carry a load weighing 30tonnes
2.At the quarry, a well graded weighing balance is not used to get the actual weight of these materials

2 Likes

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
more updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
more updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Onuokwu: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nice transformation. I have plenty of questions. I dey come.

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
abdulwastecx:

It is always difficult to get your tonnage right when it comes to sand and gravel due to the following
2.At the quarry, a well graded weighing balance is not used to get the actual weight of these materials

Okay duly noted.

So I'll just be paying based on the tonnage listed on the waybill henceforth.

Thanks for the explanation.

Love the work that you guys are doing.

Confused as to why you removed the wall plastering though.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by FastShipping: 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:

It has to be close to 30 tons to be regarded as good enough. You could be lucky to get more than 30 tons sometimes.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 4:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Okay duly noted.

So I'll just be paying based on the tonnage listed on the waybill henceforth.

Thanks for the explanation.

Love the work that you guys are doing.

Confused as to why you removed the wall plastering though.

The house was built some twenty years ago with a lot of finishes problems such as
1. uneven wall surface
2. Old and unattractive wall paints
3.The windows are not aligned
4.The head room a not adequate
5. The wall surface too smooth and cant hold any layer of plaster

In other to modernized the building, we need to remove the wall plastering for a new layer.

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by johnson232: 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
abdulwastecx:
my engr. is the removal of the existing plastering work actually necessary?
we discussed about tonnage for sand the last time.
but most suppliers would argue there is no tonnage for sand, they use tyres, am confused. sad

nice work, very neat and perfect, i must confess....
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Xzevian(m): 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
I'm highly humble by your recommendation sir, we promise not to let you and every of our customers down.
EgunMogaji:

sir, your going to quarry can not make the different as no outsider is allowed to enter scale room or buy directly frm the chinese.... The worst part of it is when you fall into a third party/barander hand... .. it is better to talk your supplier the implications of supplyING you less than what you both agreed on.
abdulwastecx:

I quite agree with you on this sir but no matter how the scale adjustment , it shouldn't be more than 0.95 difference. but there is a way you can measure the granite after the delivery.
FastShipping:

Here are 30 ton bucket.

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
johnson232:

my engr. is the removal of the existing plastering work actually necessary?
we discussed about tonnage for sand the last time.
but most suppliers would argue there is no tonnage for sand, they use tyres, am confused. sad

nice work, very neat and perfect, i must confess....

Over here, the rough areas would have been grounded down to save time and money but this look like a money be damned project grin
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by johnson232: 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:

but this look like a money be damned project grin
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.