Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House (42864 Views)

Photos Of My Apartment After Renovation For Christmas -phoros / First Time Landlord : I Shunned A Family House To Build Mine / Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by michtob(m): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
wow.... this is a masterpiece. The ancestors that lived in the old house will be grateful to see this turn around. Keep it up guys
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by back2sender: 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
You guys are the wizards of property section. You match your theories with practical for all to see. Men una too much

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2016
Here is our security house plastering work.

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
More from our plastering work

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
Brief summary of materials used for the external wall plastering of the security house
1. Cement = 7bags.

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Onuokwu: 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Just out of curiosity, why do you have a concrete slab over the BQ? Is this better than just using wood and aluminium like i see in many other builds? Which is more cost effective?
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Onuokwu: 7:20pm On Mar 17, 2016
back2sender:
You guys are the wizards of property section. You match your theories with practical for all to see. Men una too much

michtob:
wow.... this is a masterpiece. The ancestors that lived in the old house will be grateful to see this turn around. Keep it up guys

I feel you guys. They are just quietly doing their thing with precision and delivering good results.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 8:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
Onuokwu:
Just out of curiosity, why do you have a concrete slab over the BQ? Is this better than just using wood and aluminium like i see in many other builds? Which is more cost effective?

The client want it decked for security reasons but using wood and aluminum is more cost effective
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Memejem: 7:05am On Mar 19, 2016
Will concrete roof decking last due to our harsh weather?

abdulwastecx:

The client want it decked for security reasons but using wood and aluminum is more cost effective
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by ceelog(m): 7:40am On Mar 19, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Abdul...well done. A quick question please. Is it okay if I exclude stones in my blinding for my fence? The land is not swampy and is flat.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
ceelog:

Abdul...well done. A quick question please. Is it okay if I exclude stones in my blinding for my fence? The land is not swampy and is flat.

Stone is your concrete strength, never exclude it even if you want build a temporary bath room (lol). No matter how dry the land looks always use your coarse aggregates

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
Memejem:
Will concrete roof decking last due to our harsh weather?

Just coming back from a ban.

We have that in mind, we will still roof it with ordinary long span roofing sheet, that is why we have a small parapet to hide the roof.
Security reason was responsible for using deck before the roof that will come on it to drain water to the back

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 7:15am On Mar 22, 2016
Here is a small garage house.
The initial plan was to build a new open spaced garage but we change plan an build a one storey building with a ground floor.

The dimensions are 7.5m x 6.5m.
Structural layout of 9 columns of 225mm x 225mm in section and interconnected beams of depth 450mm.

Here are the three dimensional drawings

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 7:31am On Mar 22, 2016
We use 6'' block for the one bedroom flat above to reduce the weight on the building.

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 7:35am On Mar 22, 2016
Lintel level. The lintel are linked round to have a robust structures.

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Memejem: 9:48am On Mar 22, 2016
I'm confused. Can you please explain what the purpose of a garage house is for? Here in Canada the garage is connected to the house. Does a garage house replace the gatemans security house? What is the purpose of the mini flat on top?

abdulwastecx:
Here is a small garage house.
The initial plan was to build a new open spaced garage but we change plan an build a one storey building with a ground floor.

The dimensions are 7.5m x 6.5m.
Structural layout of 9 columns of 225mm x 225mm in section and interconnected beams of depth 450mm.

Here are the three dimensional drawings

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 10:57am On Mar 22, 2016
Memejem:
I'm confused. Can you please explain what the purpose of a garage house is for? Here in Canada the garage is connected to the house. Does a garage house replace the gatemans security house? What is the purpose of the mini flat on top?

Good question sir. Here in Nigeria we pack our vehicle outside but for this particular house, the client want an enclosed garage that is separated from the house. The initial plan was to build a Bungalow garage but after we started construction the client wanted to use the upper space for one bedroom open dining and kitchen concept and we have to change the structural configuration

2 Likes

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Memejem: 11:40am On Mar 22, 2016
So it's a mini flat basically on top of a garage. Is this like a guest house purpose?

I'm a female by the way. Thanks so much. I really enjoy reading your threads.

abdulwastecx:

Good question sir. Here in Nigeria we pack our vehicle outside but for this particular house, the client want an enclosed garage that is separated from the house. The initial plan was to build a Bungalow garage but after we started construction the client wanted to use the upper space for one bedroom open dining and kitchen concept and we have to change the structural configuration
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
Memejem:
So it's a mini flat basically on top of a garage. Is this like a guest house purpose?

I'm a female by the way. Thanks so much. I really enjoy reading your threads.

My bad MA... It is a small guest house on top of the garage.

Thank you ma

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Dominionng(m): 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
Well-done Boss!
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dominionng:
Well-done Boss!

Thanks boss
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Onuokwu: 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Great conversation going on....i love that garage house concept.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Empiree: 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
I hope this type of parapet is not to heavy compared to concrete?
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
Empiree:
I hope this type of parapet is not to heavy compared to concrete?

I don't know what parapet you are talking about sir
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by mixratio(m): 7:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Great job guys. As a young man myself am,encouraged with what am seeing. My question is this.... Did you employ the services of a qs when bidding for this job? How do you "charge" your jobs
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
More pictures updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 7:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
How low pitch (flat roof) concept. The hight of the roof is 3'6''. The wood are all impregnated with wood treatment chemicals.

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 7:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
Marking out the stairs. I have to do this myself. Please don't laugh me people

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
We now positioned the supporting pillars ( columns) to carry the stair.
The basket ( pad footings reinforcement) are
900mm x 900mm type one with bar spaced at 200mm c/c of high yield bar 12mm.

1200mm x 900mm type two y12 spaced @ 200mm

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Onuokwu: 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Marking out the stairs. I have to do this myself. Please don't laugh me people

Laugh ke? I am very impressed with the hands on approach and wish some engineers i have worked with will be more involved rather than dishing our orders over the phone. In future I hope you continue with the personal touch you give your projects, and train your workmen to know what you want even if you are not there so that there is minimal room for disagreements.

2 Likes

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Onuokwu: 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
abdulwastecx:
We now positioned the supporting pillars ( columns) to carry the stair.
The basket ( pad footings reinforcement) are
900mm x 900mm type one with bar spaced at 200mm c/c of high yield bar 12mm.

1200mm x 900mm type two y12 spaced @ 200mm

Engineer help us abeg...just say this part in layman's language.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Empiree: 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I don't know what parapet you are talking about sir
Was referring to Polystyrene (Foam) parapet. It was mentioned my Hajji mufu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. / When She Said She Want A Guy With A House And A Car. And He's A Civil Engineer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.