Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] (53017 Views)

This Is How Acne Will Leave Your Face(so Rough And Ugly) / This Will Happen To Some People After Christmas Party / How To Cook Ewa Adalu: Corn And Beans; I Bet Some People Can Relate With This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by danidee10(m): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2015
I see Mavins official food there grin
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by KingRaoul: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2015
Isryl02:
The appearance is even nauseating sad
Shudda put 'graphic pinshure' jor
Naija foods are worse looking than those
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Funjosh(m): 6:56am On Dec 08, 2015
Orisirisi tongue
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Btruth: 6:56am On Dec 08, 2015
What about "ikokore?"
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by LydayBobo(m): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2015
mryoungdon:
Hahahahahahahahha.... All na Yoruba food.. The time I visited ibadan, those poo like food was what I saw ... Well sha na Yoruba culture... An average Yoruba woman is dirty.. Mhen the experience wasn't funny...

Oponu. O ni opolo rara

3 Likes

Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by francizy(m): 7:08am On Dec 08, 2015
mryoungdon:
Hahahahahahahahha.... All na Yoruba food.. The time I visited ibadan, those poo like food was what I saw ... Well sha na Yoruba culture... An average Yoruba woman is dirty.. Mhen the experience wasn't funny...

Must we descend to the level of bashing just like others do? If you think they are dirty, why not keep it to yourself? I hate all these kinda useless comments already.

4 Likes

Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Sunnypa11(m): 7:09am On Dec 08, 2015
Some people get lizard brain especially those mentioning tribes
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by inme: 7:13am On Dec 08, 2015
Amala and Ewedu.

I wonder why they don't vomit after eating that disgusting thing

The first day I saw someguy mixing the ewedu and amala together with his fingers I almost vomited and lost my appetite for the whole day

1 Like

Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by sasquareT(m): 7:17am On Dec 08, 2015
The Op is confuse......these food are not Ugly, I was expecting Dawanke a popular northern delicious and Amala Dudu ati Ewedu to make the list, guess the list is not about the ugliest food else there is no way u are going to miss this two

1 Like

Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by famousroland(m): 7:17am On Dec 08, 2015
Incomplete, Amala Should be there
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by kelvinatkins(m): 7:21am On Dec 08, 2015
None of these is as bad as Rice and ogbono soup.
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by hummerwise(m): 7:29am On Dec 08, 2015
mryoungdon:

see ur life,,, get sense yu no gree,,
eediotic personality of the day

1 Like

Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Naff24(f): 7:30am On Dec 08, 2015
mryoungdon:

Looking that ur head dat resemble Eba Igbo got me lafin wen u talk abt yoruba fifu. I am proudly YORUBA BAE, but our security dog "socret" is more neater and finer dan you, cz dey do bath him once in 2 weeks, perhaps, am sure pig is more nd far neater dan u and u find it difficult to bath except festive periods....stinking being that called others a dirt undecided

1 Like

Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by daveP(m): 7:39am On Dec 08, 2015
cynhamscakes:
Op these foods are not really that ugly nah. Some look appetizing sef... Lol

Order for your Christmas cakes and cupcakes . Surprise your loved ones in Abuja with a Christmas cake. We deliver to any location In Abuja. Satisfaction guaranteed. Call or whatsapp Cynthia on 07034794947, 08052874411, bbm pin 531753fb.

(in mfm pastor's fiery accent)

every odd appetite, disturbing thy eyes, thy nose and thy taste, dayyyyiiiii bayyyiii faya now now now now! grin

these dishes are puke-enhancers!
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by hadeyemmy25: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2015
End time foods
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by wtfCode: 7:40am On Dec 08, 2015
holyshit!! Some of this food were gotten 4rm the latrines! Op, were are the Yoruba foods? It has to top the list nah.
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Awoofawo(m): 7:51am On Dec 08, 2015
wtfCode:
holyshit!!
Some of this food were gotten 4rm the latrines!
Op, were are the Yoruba foods?
It has to top the list nah.
We still trying to get one of your friend to aro, your own madness come show face too! Oga o oluwa ma fi were se wa laro kutukutu o! Igbo ti awon boys yi mu sun lo je ki won ya were laro kutukutu yi o!

2 Likes

Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Mordyb: 8:05am On Dec 08, 2015
As long there is meat involved killed in the kosher way no problem.
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 08, 2015
4. Doro Wett

Widely considered the national dish of Ethiopia, this chicken stew is laced with berbere, the deeply aromatic chili spice mix. Typically dark brown or black in hue, with hard-boiled eggs bobbing about, it is the rare dish that diners decline to photograph—which is why we give you this prettier photo of injera topped with other classic Ethiopian foods! (Yes, this one, even too ugly for this post.)

SOURCE: https://www.yahoo.com/food/the-ugliest-foods-we-love-from-around-the-world-68999575452.html

@ Bold: Utter BS!
Tshebi Derho (literally meaning Spicy Chicken Stew) actually looks, and more importantly, tastes fantastic. My barometer/desire for spicyyy-hottt food is way up there and this dish satisfies it, so its not for everyone. But I'd bet it tastes loads better than the rest of the stuff on this list, easily. It doesn't deserve to be up there, lol.

An image of the so-called "so ugly and terrifying it's un-photographable" Tsebhi Derho from a quick web search:
[img]http://injera-restaurant.de/wp-content/uploads/tsebhi-derho-doro-wot.jpg[/img]

The Ethiopians call it Doro Wat/Wett and the Eritreans Tsebhi Derho, but it has the same meaning and it's more or less the same dish varying slightly in spice-power and ingredients, depending on region and the maker of the dish (cook). My SO's mother makes mouth-watering Tsebhi Derho!

It always inadvertently reminds me of that age-old query, "What came first, the chicken or the egg?", because of the way they tend to center the hard-boiled egg and surround it with moderate to large pieces of chicken and stew when serving.

True, Habesha dishes can sometimes look less than photogenic as demonstrated per an image I'll attach below of some take-out we had through an Ethio restaurant in Vegas, but it's usually quite delicious depending on the specific dish and your tastebuds.

Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by wtfCode: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2015
Awoofawo:
We still trying to get one of your friend to aro, your own madness come show face too! Oga o oluwa ma fi were se wa laro kutukutu o! Igbo ti awon boys yi mu sun lo je ki won ya were laro kutukutu yi o!
if u cant type simple English, just shut the fvck up.
U cant blame me 4 ur assumptions
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Godsgal(f): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2015
Una never chee chumchin! U cal dis ugly? Come & see Ekpankukwo., as delicious as it tastes, u've got 2 be deeply convinced 2 eat it.
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by pamcode(m): 8:33am On Dec 08, 2015
Should i be happy no african dish made the list?
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Awoofawo(m): 8:35am On Dec 08, 2015
wtfCode:

if u cant type simple English, just shut the fvck up.
U cant blame me 4 ur assumptions
simple english ko na complex english ni! Commot go siddon one side! Your 5minutes of fun don expired! Got something better to expend my energy on this morning! Remember to take the recommended dosage of the drugs less your case become unmanageable, okay?! cool
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by missKiffy(f): 9:12am On Dec 08, 2015
Isryl02:

somebody ki*l this thing before it lays eggs...

This demon shudnt be allowed to recreate...
am even looking for the fools comment, seems they have deleted it
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by missKiffy(f): 9:12am On Dec 08, 2015
The foods doesnt look so bad
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by lovely17(m): 9:13am On Dec 08, 2015
mryoungdon:

And what tribe do you belong to?
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Awoofawo(m): 9:16am On Dec 08, 2015
lovely17:
And what tribe do you belong to?
Igbo a confirmed one!
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 08, 2015
OCTAVO:
1. Feijoada

The stew of black beans and assorted meats is to Brazil as cassoulet is to France—a remarkable dish, with a marvelous heritage.
But it is ugly as sin. And it’s not alone. Here are nine more of our favorite unattractive foods from around the world.

2. Okonomiyaki

[img]http://find-travel.cdn-dena.com/picture/articlebody/51187[/img]

The super umami-rich Japanese street snack features a pancake-like egg and cabbage base and comes splattered with a plethora of condiments including barbecue sauce and a layer of bonito flakes. Not adorable.

3. Bigos

There’s just no way to make this Polish dish, with its mess of slow-simmered cabbage, look foxy. Thanks to kielbasa, ham, mushrooms, and smoked bacon, however, it is quite tasty.

4. Doro Wett

Widely considered the national dish of Ethiopia, this chicken stew is laced with berbere, the deeply aromatic chili spice mix. Typically dark brown or black in hue, with hard-boiled eggs bobbing about, it is the rare dish that diners decline to photograph—which is why we give you this prettier photo of injera topped with other classic Ethiopian foods! (Yes, this one, even too ugly for this post.)

5. Chaat

India’s street snack is becoming more and more popular here in America. Covered with white, green, and red sauces, chopped onions, and a tumble of chickpeas, its looks convince no one of its amazing textural contrasts and layers of flavor. But they’re there, we promise you.

6. Mole Poblano

[img]http://ibin.co/2PBZtcRgKKtt[/img]

Mexico’s mole poblano is the definition of “not hot,” but as we’ve mentioned, we’re crazy about its nutty, fruity, chocolatey taste. So lay off!

7. Split Pea Soup

There’s a reason this dish has a reputation for being the ugliest in all the land. But especially when amped up with ham—is anything less good for having ham?!—it can be wonderful.

8. Blood Sausage

(We spared you some of the creepier blood sausage photos out there. You’re welcome.) This writer still has a hard time wrapping her head around the idea that this is tasty, but there are whole countries of people—from the Irish to the Estonians to the Ecuadorians—who love its smoky, super-porky (or beefy) flavor.

9. Poutine

[img]http://ibin.co/2PBYeBmTNG1W[/img]

Oh, Canada! Thank you for this most delicious, super-fantastic, ugly-as-tarnation dish combining our great loves of fried food, cheese and gravy.

10. Matzo Ball Soup

[img]http://ibin.co/2PBZEPFkQssS[/img]

This staple of Jewish cuisine needs no introduction, but it doesn’t stand a chance when it comes to a beauty competition. Light brown on light brown is a color scheme that works for no one. Smart cooks add dill or some other herbs to brighten up everything.
The moral of the story? Looks ain’t everything.

SOURCE: https://www.yahoo.com/food/the-ugliest-foods-we-love-from-around-the-world-68999575452.html

Cc: Lalasticlala, Dominique

Please before creating any thread with the purpose of educating people verify your information properly , not all sources or links on the net are credible. For the avoidance of doubt research materials from educational institutions are better quoted. Thank you
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by chubbygal(f): 9:27am On Dec 08, 2015
Amala and ewedu sad
Afange soup very ugly but tasty.
Edo black soup.
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by ovalrose(f): 9:28am On Dec 08, 2015
Isryl02:

somebody ki*l this thing before it lays eggs...
This demon shudnt be allowed to recreate...
my God,your mouth bad gan. hahahahhahaha
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by PAINGAIN: 9:59am On Dec 08, 2015
What of draw soup?
Re: Terrifying And Ugly Foods Some People Happily Eat - [pictures] by Exjoker(m): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2015
Me no see amala(black food) on that list..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? / Huge Fish Spotted At Yaba. What's The Name? / N1500 Basket Of Tomatoes A Nairalander Bought (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.