Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Fashion DONTS... - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion DONTS... (1156 Views)

Pls Help Me With Dos And Donts - Am About Going Into The Fashion Designing Biz / Fashion Dos And Donts Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashion DONTS... by iteleaye(m): 3:02am On Dec 08, 2015
In my previous post, i wrote an introduction on fashion do's and dont's and i promised i will follow up with a topic detailing the do's and dont's in the nearest future, but here are some things you should never do when it comes to looking classy... Looking good comes at a price, and that price includes following some laid down principles and guidelines some fashionable people have left behind... To look good doesn't cost you a lot of money, but then again, Money gives you the freedom to buy things that makes you look extremely good

Rule 1: Wearing a backpack with a suit ā€“ Whenever Iā€™m walking around the city, I see a lot of professional people wearing nice suits ā€“ but carrying backpacks! Okay, a backpack may be easier to carry over your shoulders than a briefcase in your hand, but you can also get a comfortable messenger bag that hangs across your chest to maintain a more professional look.

Rule 2: Socks and Sandals, Socks and sandals ā€“ Have you seen anyone ever pull this off, and look sexy? Case closed.

Rule 3: Avoid the short sleeve and ties. GQ men's magazine, Richard James of Saville Row and countless other stylish and knowledgeable people agree that short sleeves and tie does not make for a harmonious pairing. A short-sleeved shirt and tie will never make you look elegant, intelligent, powerful or impressionable. It will make you look like a petrol station attendant, a cast member from a low-ranking American sitcom, or - rather worryingly - a stereotypical mature mathematics teacher

Rule 4: Avoid the Stripped Combo, Just like the point raised in rule 2, the stripped combo should be avoided like a plague unless it is in form of a suit or a native attire, it never always looks good when you combine two stripped outfit together and this combo should be avoided..

Rule 5: Avoid the patterned combination, Recently i saw a man do this and i was like wow!!! Wtf, He looked like a Christmas tree, but then he could be forgiven considering the holidays (Xmas) was close. This combo should only be carried out when you are on a native attire, and the pattern must be the same must, only then can it be considered a hit, otherwise it is a NO NO for anybody in his right state of mind.

Rule 6: Never ever wear a belt that doesn't match your shoe. .. This is a mistake commonly made by men... Your belt should always match your shoes most especially when you end up tucking in your shirt. it is unforgivable to commit this fashion crime, and one should try as much as possible to get matching shoes and belts, for those that enjoy wearing hats too, it should always match your shoes too, making all three sync well together.

For where to buy your fashion items, ranging from ties, shoes, bags, jerseys and all, visit www.dapperyou.co m

1 Like

Re: Fashion DONTS... by iteleaye(m): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
More

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Hair Style Fits/looks Good On This Nairalander? V / Obvious Effect Of Bleeching Your Skin (photo) / Is Ur Man Cheating On U, Ask Him For Anytin & U Shal Get, It No Jazz. Kayan Mata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.