Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. (2302 Views)

Pls Help My Wife Ran Away Leaving Our 5 Children,without Quarrel. / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by kstadaura: 6:37am On Dec 08, 2015
Parent and teachers,especially in Africa consider beating as the best punishment for children whenever they do something wrong, which is not always the best solution.

The best thing to do when a child does something wrong is not to abuse/insult or beat him, tell him how bad that thing is, how its going to affect him and others negatively, treat him like a matured man and tell him not to repeat such act.

If its soo bad that you have to punish him then you can do it like this:

As parent:

You can send him to bed earlier than the time he usually sleep.

You can remove meat/egg from his lunch or dinner (never punish a child by refusing him food).

If they are many in the house like two or more and you are the type that usually give them stuffs, dont give him or give others double the one you gave him.

disallow him watching his favorite tv program for a day or two.

you can add more, the list continue..

As a teacher.

You can punish a child by calling him in front of the class and make him to tell other students what he did and that he regreted it, ashamed of himself and tell them not to do anything of that nature cos its bad.

You dont have to beat them, most of them dont even know what they are doing, stop spanking,slapping,beating and insulting children, you are guardian to them so try to teach them good manners.

1 Like

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by Bambless1(m): 6:41am On Dec 08, 2015
Even The Holy Bible Approved Beating!!! All These Things Is Not For African Kids. I Think Beating [ Not Beating To Coma Or Death Oh] Is The Best Way To Correct A Stubborn Child.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by 9niceguy(m): 6:50am On Dec 08, 2015
Nice one!
I use to knw a boy called israel, ah! That boy sturbon pass YAMAHA 125. All what you wrote there will/can not work on that boy at all. Any small thing that boy will be using his head to hit the wall until he get what he want o

2 Likes

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by Fabrolistic: 6:51am On Dec 08, 2015
Bambless1:
Even The Holy Bible Approved Beating!!! All These Things Is Not For African Kids. I Think Beating [ Not Beating To Coma Or Death Oh] Is The Best Way To Correct A Stubborn Child.
and what makes you assume so
Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by lilmax(m): 6:59am On Dec 08, 2015
I cannot find any resonable option up there

1 Like

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 08, 2015
9niceguy:
Nice one!
I use to knw a boy called israel, ah! That boy sturbon pass YAMAHA 125. All what you wrote there will/can not work on that boy at all. Any small thing that boy will be using his head to hit the wall until he get what he want o
lol, ha grin
Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by SenJoe(m): 7:18am On Dec 08, 2015
Train a Child the way he should go, and When his old he won't depart from it. Face the wall. 2 hours his still facing the wall.

1 Like

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by kstadaura: 7:23am On Dec 08, 2015
9niceguy:
Nice one!

Thats the fault of his parent, they should have handled it the first time he started.
Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by queenoflafia(f): 7:24am On Dec 08, 2015
I believe in stick and carrot

1 Like

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by feldido(m): 7:28am On Dec 08, 2015
There are many forms of discipline, it's just a simple psychology to know the best form you should use on a particular child. But the best way of discipline is; with love.
Beating in itself is good to some extent, that's why we have spoilt kids nowadays cos they know u won't touch them.

2 Likes

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by SAMBARRY: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2015
lilmax:
I cannot find any resonable option up there
if you believe cane is the only way to put a child in line, you can as well tie his neck to a pole like a goat and feed him grass

All this canning children like cows in a bid to bridle them only makes them grow up to think the only way they can keep anyone in check is through violence because their patents beat them.they assume it's right.they're the ones who become bullies or victims of bullies in boarding school

All this twisted African mentality has to stop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by benELOHIM7(m): 10:19am On Dec 08, 2015
After all the beating, how far

Screaming, nagging and beating will leave you with a very confused child
Bambless1:
Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 08, 2015
A child is human, they will make mistakes, grow and develop. A parents role is to meet the child's basic human rights, there are 6;
* basic safety ( without the fear of abuse or abandonment)
*connection to others ( love & nurture)
*Autonomy ( to be able to function independently)
*Self Expression ( some call this stubborn child but it's their right to express themselves
*Self Esteem ( comes from being loved and respected)
*Realistic limits ( so children still need boundaries but implimenting those boundaries can not loose the child its God given Basic rights.)

Don't abuse, educate with love and understanding if you are lucky enough to be able to do that.
Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by laginks: 10:59am On Dec 08, 2015
hmmm... that is why there is a clear difference between the kids brought up in the western worls and those brought up in the AFrican setting....
Even the Bible says " Spare the Rod and Spoil the child"
I am not an advocate of spanking children WHENEVER they go wrong. Sometimes kid's wrongs could be corrected with a word. Other times you can correct by withdrawing certain privileges the child enjoys. But not all wrongs can be corrected by the above mentioned ways alone. There are situations that require that a child is spanked.
The truth is even spanking can not also correct all wrongs. my advice to parent is to always PRAY for their kids. SO that whichever means of correctin is carried out on them, the ultimate would be a child who is emotionally, physically, spiritually, psychologically etc MATURED.
kstadaura:
Parent and teachers,especially in Africa consider beating as the best punishment for children whenever they do something wrong, which is not always the best solution.

The best thing to do when a child does something wrong is not to abuse/insult or beat him, tell him how bad that thing is, how its going to affect him and others negatively, treat him like a matured man and tell him not to repeat such act.

If its soo bad that you have to punish him then you can do it like this:

As parent:

You can send him to bed earlier than the time he usually sleep.

You can remove meat/egg from his lunch or dinner (never punish a child by refusing him food).

If they are many in the house like two or more and you are the type that usually give them stuffs, dont give him or give others double the one you gave him.

disallow him watching his favorite tv program for a day or two.

you can add more, the list continue..

As a teacher.

You can punish a child by calling him in front of the class and make him to tell other students what he did and that he regreted it, ashamed of himself and tell them not to do anything of that nature cos its bad.

You dont have to beat them, most of them dont even know what they are doing, stop spanking,slapping,beating and insulting children, you are guardian to them so try to teach them good manners.

3 Likes

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:19am On Dec 08, 2015
Bambless1:

It also approves slavery and mass murder.

Pops only flogged me once. And I like to think I still turned out alright.
Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by MRBrownJ: 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
there needs to be an healthy balance between corporal punishment and otherwise, depending on the character of the child. one magic formula doesnt work for all children.

2 Likes

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
This is helpful to me... Thanks for sharing
Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by lilmax(m): 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
SAMBARRY:
if you believe cane is the only way to put a child in line, you can as well tie his neck to a pole like a goat and feed him grass

All this canning children like cows in a bid to bridle them only makes them grow up to think the only way they can keep anyone in check is through violence because their patents beat them.they assume it's right.they're the ones who become bullies or victims of bullies in boarding school

All this twisted African mentality has to stop
whoever said its the best way? Its better to bring in natural pain that is “pick pin“ grin

Kids without punishment(not necessarily canning) grow up to become rude,irresponsible,also having no respect......they are the kinds that tell teachers “i dont recieve any punishment from my father“ so they shouldnt be punished even though they did the wrong thing

As for children that become bullies......things like this happen when the parent act on them(marathon canning) instead of what they did wrong
Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by kstadaura: 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
This is helpful to me... Thanks for sharing
you are welcome sis

1 Like

Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by cynhamscakes(f): 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nice points op and thanks for sharing.

Our Nigerian kids though. They can bring out the worse in the calmest human being.

WEDDING CAKE PROMO IN ABUJA. At very affordable prices, you can get your absolutely delicious and rich wedding cake for your wedding. 5 steps plus 250 cut-outs 55K, 4 steps plus 250 cut-outs 45K, 3 steps plus 250 cut-outs 35K. Birthday and other party cakes are also available. We deliver to any location in Abuja. For further information, please ping 531753fb or call/whatsapp Cynthia 07034794947, 08052874411. Please kindly refer your family and friends to us.
Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by Dobxy(m): 8:23am On Dec 10, 2015
9niceguy:
Nice one!

You call this a boy or a demon....hey dude, you know a demon not a Boy
Re: Better Ways Of Punishing Children Without Beating. by 9niceguy(m): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
Dobxy:

You call this a boy or a demon....hey dude, you know a demon not a Boy
I think you're right....lol

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Most Women Not Understanding? / 7" EDUCATIONAL ANDROID TABLET FOR ADULTS AND KIDS (PICS) / The Tragic Story Of How A White Girl Being Born Black Tore A Family Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.