Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye (66899 Views)

Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed / Nigerian Pastor Bar Robbers, Prostitutes, Kidnappers From Giving Offerings,tithe / How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by TolstoyFan: 7:25am On Dec 08, 2015
By JUMI RHODES

The annual congress of the Redeemed Christian Church Of God(RCCG) commenced yesterday at the Redemption Camp with General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye kicking it off with the sermon topic The Flood Of Love. This congress themed The Floodgates of Heaven has brought together hundreds of thousands of people from all walks of life to the Camp. Speaking yesterday, Pastor Adeboye revealed why the church, which is one of the wealthiest in the world, still takes offerings. According to the highly-revered man of God,”Let me tell you the truth;the only reason we still take offerings is to get you out of poverty. From today if you’re not sure of your salvation don’t “ever” give when it’s time for offerings in RCCG. When you give offerings you’re sending money to heaven.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/stop-giving-offerings-in-redeemed-churches-if-pastor-adeboye/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by EasternLeopard: 7:29am On Dec 08, 2015
Offerings are not meant for heaven but for God's work here on earth.

Are you sure that Pastor Adeboye made this comment.?

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Khd95(m): 7:31am On Dec 08, 2015
Sending money to heaven,for what purpose,to refurbish it or build churches nd mansions there

Mtcheew

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2015
Why is it now he's saying it??
after he has chopped ppl's offering and tithes finish angry

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 08, 2015
Khd95:
Sending money to heaven,for what purpose,to refurbish it or build churches nd mansions there

Mtcheew
my brother ask them o? Impostors everywhere.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Rexhenrex(m): 7:41am On Dec 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:

watch what u say

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by EdCure: 7:41am On Dec 08, 2015
EasternLeopard:

Maybe he meant that you're sowing heavenly seeds. Remember what Jesus said about laying treasures in heaven.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Rexhenrex(m): 7:41am On Dec 08, 2015
It doesn't mean that when u give ur tithes and offering the money would be sent through western union to heaven because i can see some dumbo's asking rubbish...

when u give with a clean and contrite heart,it speaks for you,remember the widow in the bible. Giving offering is like saying thank you to God indeed it goes to heaven its a scarifice remember the offerings of cain and abel read ur bible u will know the power of offering u might be seeing it as if its the pastor u funding no,it superseeds that. its just that these days we christians we just wanna show off in church,

give what you have never give to impress we fail to understand that pay ur tithe well, and watch doors open in your life am a living witness.

#if you like give ur offerings if u like don't give it won't stop God's work from moving rather he will raise stones to give on ur behalf

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Boss13: 7:42am On Dec 08, 2015
EasternLeopard:

Gawd, I laughed so hard reading it.

3 Likes

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by EasternLeopard: 7:44am On Dec 08, 2015
EdCure:

Maybe he meant that you're sowing heavenly seeds. Remember what Jesus said about laying treasures in heaven.

Jesus said so but he didn't say it is achieved through offerings

Jesus made it clear to us that our righteous life is what counts for us in heaven.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by double0seven(m): 7:50am On Dec 08, 2015
"God,”Let me tell you
the truth;the only reason we still take
offerings is to get you out of poverty. From
today if you’re not sure of your salvation
don’t “ever” give when it’s time for offerings
in RCCG. "

This is just playing to the gallery.

The kingdom of God on earth needs money. And God has divinly fashioned it in such a way, that many things (blessings, answers to prayers etc.) are attached to the financing the growth of his kingdom (the Gospel of Jesus Christ) on earth; because that it the most important thing to God in this terrible world. Th growth of the gospel is the most important agenda to heaven, more than any single Christian's life.

But as caretakers of this proceeds given to God by Christian adherents, the men of God who are simply caretakers of the proceed, and are only meant to take from this God's money what they need to live comfortably with their family, take advantage and begins to live a life extravagance and opulence.

So even Gods knows his kingdom on earth and the gospel of Jesus Christ needs money, so for him to say THE ONLY REASON, Redeem is still collecting offerings is because they want to hey the people out of poverty is untrue . That is just reverse psychology.

And the old age adage that says, "Actions speaks louder than words " is very true. The actions of the Redeemed Church, their financial structure of collecting tithes from all the branches all over the country, leaving only offerings, does not suggest a Church leadership that's only interested in collecting money because they want to get the people out of poverty.

Also a Redeemed Church leadership that's ready not to collect even offerings from members because of their salvation would not be fraternizing so much with a corrupt government because of patronage. Such a church, it's leadership and it's head would have been telling the corrupt Nigerian government and it's officials and even the past President the truth. They would have told them God put them in their positions to use the country's resources to better the lives of the poor and the citizens; that if they do otherwise, they would face the wrath of God when they die.

So I'm sorry sir, based on these my observations I do not believe you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by HammerEvery(f): 7:54am On Dec 08, 2015
yoruba church.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by isan(m): 8:05am On Dec 08, 2015
wetin dem go use the money do for heaven? To another private jet for pastor adeboye i guess

4 Likes

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by johnstar(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2015
Issokay
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by thehomer: 8:35am On Dec 08, 2015
I guess they're the conduit. God can't take the money from you directly, he needs some go-between to help him.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by LEXYCOM: 9:27am On Dec 08, 2015
EasternLeopard:

What he meant is that heaven reckons with every offering u give........you are right to say offering is used for the work of God on earth.....so, when next u give offering, give with a pure heart and a regenerated heart
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by DopeBoiRapy(m): 9:36am On Dec 08, 2015
double0seven:
"God,”Let me tell you
the truth;the only reason we still take
offerings is to get you out of poverty. From
today if you’re not sure of your salvation
don’t “ever” give when it’s time for offerings
in RCCG. "

This is just playing to the gallery.

The kingdom of God on earth needs money. And God has divinly fashioned it in such a way, that many things (blessings, answers to prayers etc.) are attached to the financing the growth of his kingdom (the Gospel of Jesus Christ) on earth; because that it the most important thing to God in this terrible world. Th growth of the gospel is the most important agenda to heaven, more than any single Christian's life.

But as caretakers of this proceeds given to God by Christian adherents, the men of God who are simply caretakers of the proceed, and are only meant to take from this God's money what they need to live comfortably with their family, take advantage and begins to live a life extravagance and opulence.

So even Gods knows his kingdom on earth and the gospel of Jesus Christ needs money, so for him to say THE ONLY REASON, Redeem is still collecting offerings is because they want to hey the people out of poverty is untrue . That is just reverse psychology.

And the old age adage that says, "Actions speaks louder than words " is very true. The actions of the Redeemed Church, their financial structure of collecting tithes from all the branches all over the country, leaving only offerings, does not suggest a Church leadership that's only interested in collecting money because they want to get the people out of poverty.

Also a Redeemed Church leadership that's ready not to collect even offerings from members because of their salvation would not be fraternizing so much with a corrupt government because of patronage. Such a church, it's leadership and it's head would have been telling the corrupt Nigerian government and it's officials and even the past President the truth. They would have told them God put them in their positions to use the country's resources to better the lives of the poor and the citizens; that if they do otherwise, they would face the wrath of God when they die.

So I'm sorry sir, based on these my observations I do not believe you.
Hasn't the so called "Kingdom of God on earth" grown enough? when will it stop growing in Nigeria? and since its growth what has been its effects on the masses, the socioeconomy n Nigeria as a whole?.....has the growth been beneficial to our country or negligible?....forgive me saying this but from my own observation the so called "kingdom of God " has been growing uncontrollable while Nigeria is facing diminishing returns.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by looseweight: 10:46am On Dec 08, 2015
OK pastor
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Akbee(m): 10:46am On Dec 08, 2015
Hmmm
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by sukkot: 10:46am On Dec 08, 2015
cheesy end time church

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by tdayof(m): 10:47am On Dec 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:

I don't really insult here, But am glad to say you are a complete MUMU.

4 Likes

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by MeesterMAN: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2015
sad
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Aremu01(m): 10:48am On Dec 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
May God forgive you

1 Like

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2015
Stop giving completely.

Only an individual can save him/herself.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by BossBae1(f): 10:48am On Dec 08, 2015
Hv heard
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by OnankpaBa(m): 10:48am On Dec 08, 2015
adonbiliv it
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Balkan(m): 10:49am On Dec 08, 2015
The house of God has turned to house of donation.
I pity the gullible Christians. So now, the essence of going to church is to donate money so that it goes to heaven, where God will use it to build mansions for you?

Please, what is the legal tender in heaven, I know it can be Naira. Or do we have bureau de change in heaven?

Pastors scamming their followers everyday everywhere.

Don't be fooled! God lives in you.
No amount of money you give to these pastors will take you to heaven.

Instead look for the needy and give your offering to them, Go will bless you. Try it.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 08, 2015
This is a game of psychological dominance.
I pity the gullible poor BC they are foolishly ignorant

Offering can't give you salvation.
Salvation is independent of offering.

I am ashamed this is coming from a respected popular man of God.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by naijapips02: 10:50am On Dec 08, 2015
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Church Members Kneel Down To Welcome Their Pastor.photos Go Viral / Meet Prophet Udensi Godlove Behind Audio Warning Nigerians Against Disaster / EndSARS: Foluke Adeboye Sent 3 Trucks Of Water & Snacks To Protesters In Alausa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.