Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness (26075 Views)

Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Http://papermacheonline.com/running-from-pillar-to-post-can-oba-otudeko-repay-fi / Oba Otudeko Wins Africa's Best CEO 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by davide470(m): 8:54am On Dec 08, 2015
Ecobank Plc has asked the Federal High Court in Lagos to declare industrialist Oba Otudeko bankrupt due to his failure to repay a N4.1 billion loan granted his companies. The bank claimed Otudeko asked and was granted various loans for his companies, namely Honey Well Flour Mills, Siloam Global Services Limited and Anchorage Leisures Limited. It explained that the loan facility was originally granted Honey Well Flour Mill, but due to the failure of its public shares was extended to his other companies. Otudeko’s failure to repay the loans despite Ecobank’s purported pressure on him necessitated the suit, which the former shunned.

On this score, the bank asked that Otudeko’s estates, funds, shares or other interest in Siloam Global services ltd, Honeywell group Limited, Honeywell Flour Mills Plc, Anchorage Leisures Limited, Honeywell Oil and Gas Ltd, Uraja Real Estate Limited, Broadview Engineering ltd, Uraja Power solution ltd, Honeywell Energy Resources ltd, Hudson Power Ltd, Pivot Engineering ltd, and Pavilion Technology limited and other companies of his outside Nigeria be wound down. Also, the bank seeks the court for a disclosure of Otudeko’s net worth in line with the Bankruptcy Act.

Otudeko has failed to respond to the suit or make any appearance. The trial judge, Okon Abang, asked the bank to show it proof of service on Otudeko, despite his non-appearance, after which he would deliver his judgement. Justice Abang adjourned till Friday 11th of December,2015

Honeywell stock closed yesterday at N1.64, the lowest price for the year compared to year’s high of N4.15

Source: http://www.newsbreak.ng/2015/12/ecobank-wants-court-to-declare-oba-otudeko-bankrupt-over-indebtedness/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by ksstroud: 8:57am On Dec 08, 2015
shocked

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by bewla(m): 9:11am On Dec 08, 2015
Ya ori ya mi o

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by akinloluwao: 9:45am On Dec 08, 2015
Oluwa oooo.. Ikunle oooo. Are my eyes deceiving me? Am I dreaming? Someone should wake me up please! A whole Otudeko bankrupt? This life can be funny. I give up abeg. Vanity upon vanity. Jesus Christ of Nazareth, have mercy on us. Give us the grace to do your will. Life is like a vapour indeed

27 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by Adesiji77: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by damton(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
g
Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by amdoyin82(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
This is really srious

2 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by Holluwatarhyor(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
Oga o,make e no go affect him company o,I've got eyes for honey well,their pay is cool

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
After you spent ur money on politriks.

E-diot. Ewu

3 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by okeyley: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
oba owing banks

no wonder they live in brown roofs

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by bunmioguns(m): 12:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
what is my own business

undecided

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by owobokiri(m): 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
Thats how they ran down everything in Nigeria... You will borrow till you liquidate a bank then you move to another bank or institution and do exactly the same thing... , most time getting away with it because we have a warped judicial system that would have left the likes of Barnnie Mardoff scot free. .

30 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by chynie: 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
why they give am reach 4.1 billion before complaining? and on what basis did they give him the loan

17 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by SuPeRq(f): 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jesu
Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by ilo04(m): 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
a whole oba otudeko in indebted

what a surprise

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by kfrosh: 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
Beht why naaaa cry.........when a whole oba Otudeko is declared bankrupt; what hope is left for people like us cry

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by hadura29(m): 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hmmm. Nothing wey eye no go hear and nothing wey ears no go see...
***walks out of thread***
Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by Kx: 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
Is the refusal to repay a facility the same thing as being bankrupt?

Serves the bank right, what happened to collate-rising loans? Oh I forgot the request for security was only for the poor man.

Oba is worth more than this. All I see is lack of will to repay, not the inability to pay back.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by xender(m): 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
end time in debtedness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
going bankruptcy is a business on its own. many people don't knw ds...

I bet the guy shld be investigated...he wanted to keep the assets and allow the public (shareholders) to share the loss.

that's the deal behind it.

just imagine i collected a loan of 500k and using a car's papers as a collateral...I invested the 500k in another car and continued using the other one too- I have two cars. eventually, I wld av made more money with both cars by the time the banks come knocking. I will declare bankruptcy but I will keep my cash and the second car!

Oba Otudeko invested the loan in his business making profits but refusing to pay the loan....he had weighed his options well

ask Abramnovich of Chelsea how he made his billions!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by Blurry: 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
lol
Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by akp202(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
i wonder what d commenters above me are wailing on....he is not yet bankrupt, eco bank is only asking d court to declare him bankrupt due to his inability to pay the loan he sort for.Eco bank is simply looking for means to get back their money. According to the law when someone is declare bankrupt his asset would be sold to settle his debtors.

6 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by Amiano(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
So all dis wealth na for show, boro boro mak me fyn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by Amiano(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
So all dis wealth na for show, boro boro mak me fyn.

Hmmmm Odiegwu

6 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by Alphaoscar: 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
see the illiterate chest beaters calling Otudeko a royal father .

These guys are bush people

9 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by Alphaoscar: 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2015

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by daveson07: 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
Front page since two aeons ago
Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by free2ryhme: 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
if na poor man dem go don use force men bully am already

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by Viktor1983(m): 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
ok
Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by kolexy(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
chuose:
These South West people sef.
Dem royal father's are living a fake life.

Retard, the Man's name is Obafunke Otudeko.

16 Likes

Re: Ecobank Wants Court To Declare Oba Otudeko Bankrupt Over Indebtedness by akinloluwao: 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
Alphaoscar:

very funny, just because his name is oba and to them oba is king.... may be oba of biafra sha.. no insult intended biko

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Start Scrap Metal Supply And Purchase Business In Nigeria / ShopRite Nigeria / Femi Otedola Joins Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.