Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,833 members, 7,802,668 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. (52708 Views)

Top Five Tasty Nigerian Soups For Tourists / 4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo / Top 10 Nigerian Snacks And Their Health Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by greatness22(m): 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
gabby898:
whoop told u groundnut soup is 4 Edo people?
Pls sir, who owns it?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
greatness22:
Pls sir, who owns it?
no one

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by ifeomaekol(f): 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
Egusi n okra soup wt ugba wt uziza leaf all d way.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by comelylady(f): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
Zeedarh:
Where is vegetable on the lis t

I love ewedu and egusi smiley
it is the edikang ikong baby. It is written in efik,cos that's where it cooked better.lol
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by murmee: 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
Zeedarh:
Where is vegetable on the lis t

I love ewedu and egusi smiley
My dear, Edika nkong the no 1 on the list is a vegetable soup. It actually contains two or more vegetables
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by praises16: 6:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
I'm Yoruba, but I've gone East and I've eaten Northern soup. If I will list the the most popular Nigerian soups, I will put Egusi first. It exists in many variations but I know everyone eats it.
Next I will choose Ogbono because I knew of it even before I ever saw it. it is highly popular from what I know.
Then Edikang Ikong.
but that Oha na missed call o. No even talk am. I no even sabi how it looks like...
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by ipledge10(m): 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
VivaVivre:
Ewedu is not called Ogbonno in the east, it is kirin-Kiri. Ogbono differs from ewedu. Ogbono is a seed gotten from wild plums (ugiri), ewedu is a leaf also known as molakkhia. Ewedu is not the most popular soup in Nigeria, many people don't even know what it looks like!
ogbono is apon
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Trueyarn(m): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
what is Oha soup doing at the number one spot? When there are heavyweights like Edikang Ikong and Atama and Afang soups?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by aieo(m): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
greatness22:
Owo soup (Itsekiri)
Banga soup(Urhobo)
Groundnut soup(Edo) these are the three nominess likely to clinch the Ballon d' or prize.
. correct but Owo and Banga belongs to Urhobo, especially Owo soup
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
Oh, nice.
ipledge10:
ogbono is apon
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by akigbemaru: 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
niaja soupds and benefits.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by elopee3000(m): 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
LadyFiona:
Naaaaa sis, cooking with snail isn't popular in Idemili axis of Anambra talk more of adding it to the nobliest soup. To eat it its either deep fried or a lot of pepper is added, no time for that slimy reptile.
Mr man u dey disgrace ur self here by saying one can't cook snail with onughu do u want to cook snail with okro? pls am from idemiri to

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by MhizLehwayche(f): 10:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
nice one OP

Oha soup is my best soup anytime.anyday

Caspian22:

jhttp://www.youmustgethealthy.com/2015/12/top-5-nigerian-soups-and-their-health.html
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
elopee3000:
Mr man u dey disgrace ur self here by saying one can't cook snail with onughu do u want to cook snail with okro? pls am from idemiri to
Did you bother to read the post you quoted and the emphasis on "popular"......"mister".
The way you typed "Idemiri" even left much to be desired. If you are born and bred in Idemili environs you will attest to what I wrote earlier and if not, please do not bother quoting back. Thanks.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by stevocracy88(m): 11:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by RichieF27: 1:02am On Dec 09, 2015
wetin ewedu dey do for there ??
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 09, 2015
greatness22:
Owo soup (Itsekiri)
Banga soup(Urhobo)
Groundnut soup(Edo) these are the three nominess likely to clinch the Ballon d' or prize.
Owo and banga are very unhealthy. Too much palm oil
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by kennyaati(m): 2:42am On Dec 09, 2015
End time food
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by gbodimowo(m): 5:36am On Dec 09, 2015
tell them now i have to look at all things critically to avoid stories t :ohat

missKiffy:
Ewedu is not called ogbono in the East, Ewedu is different, ogbono is different.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by missKiffy(f): 6:59am On Dec 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Yeah... Ewedu is a leaf... Ogbono is a seed...
So you are a wafarian undecided tongue
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by greatness22(m): 7:08am On Dec 09, 2015
fem29:
Owo and banga are very unhealthy. Too much palm oil
Ooh, really?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 09, 2015
missKiffy:

So you are a wafarian undecided tongue

Yes ma'am...
Tho based outside of it..
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by missKiffy(f): 7:40am On Dec 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Yes ma'am...
Tho based outside of it..
Where are u based
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 09, 2015
missKiffy:

Where are u based

Yenagoa, Bayelsa state
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by missKiffy(f): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Yenagoa, Bayelsa state
Oh, nice
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by SirNuell1(m): 8:36am On Dec 09, 2015
OP I swear if u taste Afang, Atama n Aditan Soup frm Akwa ibom state u go erase dose soup u list dere n trust me it's richer dan anyoda soup dere...Proudly Akwa Ibomite
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Zeedarh(f): 8:54am On Dec 09, 2015
murmee:
My dear, Edika nkong the no 1 on the list is a vegetable soup. It actually contains two or more vegetables
I had no idea. Thanks smiley
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Zeedarh(f): 8:56am On Dec 09, 2015
comelylady:
it is the edikang ikong baby. It is written in efik,cos that's where it cooked better.lol
I had no idea. Thanks dear smiley
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by obiorathesubtle: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2015
Since when ogbonor and ewedu relate abeg??
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by professore(m): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
This is nice
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by elopee3000(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
LadyFiona:
Did you bother to read the post you quoted and the emphasis on "popular"......"mister".
The way you typed "Idemiri" even left much to be desired. If you are born and bred in Idemili environs you will attest to what I wrote earlier and if not, please do not bother quoting back. Thanks.
pls am from nnokwa after nnobi stop all this craps u wrote about snail not going with onugbu ,just like cat fish u can't eat it with out too much pepper likewise snail or ejuna as we called it in my place nnokwa u can't eat it without too much pepper unless u will vomit ,but with ur age ur one those people who believed that thier uncle will kill them once they get home cus of what ur mum told u so adios amigos
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
elopee3000:
pls am from nnokwa after nnobi stop all this craps u wrote about snail not going with onugbu ,just like cat fish u can't eat it with out too much pepper likewise snail or ejuna as we called it in my place nnokwa u can't eat it without too much pepper unless u will vomit ,but with ur age ur one those people who believed that thier uncle will kill them once they get home cus of what ur mum told u so adios amigos
Where is your last paragraph coming from? I still reiterates that using snail to cook onugbu soup isn't popular in Idemili, so go figure. Or else it's usage would've been more prevalent in many of our ceremonies.

Idennaa, I beg to differ and let's agree to disagree. Discussions like this shouldn't degenerate to name callings and insults, keep it civil and give me instances.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS) / Sapa Concoction Rice / Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.