Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew (9384 Views)

Different Types Of Adults That Should Be Wished Happy Children’s Day (meme Colle / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
bukatyne:

@crackhaus:

This is your first post I have come across as regards this complex subject (feminism/marriage/chores/finances) that makes sense to me. (* a compliment)

The guy is insensitive and a total jerk however, the woman is a fool for marrying him.

What I will say is that if anyone thinks she has to be unequal (whatever that means) to her husband to enjoy him, goodluck to her. Ditto him.
Hmmmm, I see what you did there.. cheesy

But I'll take it all the same
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
crackhaus:

You know a man is supposed to treat a woman SPECIAL even if she's a feminist. cheesy

Honestly, the story doesn't make much sense and I wonder why you of all haven't noticed it. wink

She tries to maintain a lifestyle she cannot afford.

She gets a car she cannot afford.

She is indebted to her ex even though she has a job and can get a loan from the bank, pay him off and part her ways with him for good to live happily after with her new man and the lessons learned from the relationship with Franco.

Or she can get the money from her new man and pay her debt off to him so that she can end the story with her ex once and for all.

Nonsense! smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by bukatyne(f): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

Why would a woman get a car she cannot afford? She couldn't get a cheaper car? undecided

Well well
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by shaybebaby(f): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

Honestly, the story doesn't make much sense and I wonder why you of all haven't noticed it. wink

She is indebted to her ex even though she has a job and can get a loan from the bank, pay him off and part her ways with him for good to live happily after with her new man and the lessons learned from the relationship with Franco.

Or she can get the money from her new man and pay her debt off to him so that she can end the story with her ex once and for all.

Nonsense! smiley

Succinct! She is bad at making financial decisions. Nothing to do with her ideological mindset.
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by bukatyne(f): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
thorpido:
Why did the woman agree that finances should be shared '50/50'?Can house work also be shared '50/50'?
She agreed with the man's proposal because she let feminism get the better of her.
In marriage,couples complement each other.There can never be 50/50 contributions in all aspects in a home.

Perhaps desperation.
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by bukatyne(f): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
shaybebaby:

Succinct! She is bad at making financial decisions. Nothing to do with her ideological mindset.

Or maybe a self-martyr

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
shaybebaby:

She is not very smart, to put it mildly. wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by bukatyne(f): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
crackhaus:

You know a man is supposed to treat a woman SPECIAL even if she's a feminist. cheesy

I read this all the time and maybe you will help me understand.

What does it mean?
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by shaybebaby(f): 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

She is not very smart, to put it mildly. wink

You can say that again.
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
shaybebaby:

You can say that again.

How was Jamaica hun? I was liking all your posts from there dreaming of my next holiday. cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by shaybebaby(f): 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
bukatyne:

Or maybe a self-martyr
Naaaah, she is simply a mug!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by shaybebaby(f): 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

How was Jamaica hun? I was liking all your posts from there dreaming of my next holiday. cheesy smiley
It was a blast, thanks for asking. Stop dreaming and get booking!
I'll do a thread detailing the few bits I did over there and there will be one male butt picture thrown in as well... grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
shaybebaby:

It was a blast, thanks for asking. Stop dreaming and get booking!

I am here preparing a project on a Sunday and you want me to book a holiday? undecided
No time currently. wink

I will think about booking next month when things get quiet again.

I'll do a thread detailing the few bits I did over there and there will be one male butt picture thrown in as well... grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by shaybebaby(f): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

I am here preparing a project on a Sunday and you want me to book a holiday? undecided
No time currently. wink

I will think about booking next month when things get quiet again.

grin grin grin

Totally understand Hun, it'll be just the ticket to help unwind after meeting your deadlines etc..
Good luck with it, hope it is a resounding success.xx

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
shaybebaby:

Totally understand Hun, it'll be just the ticket to help unwind after meeting your deadlines etc..
Good luck with it, hope it is a resounding success.xx

I will reward myself with a ticket as soon as the work is done. smiley

Thank you. kisskiss

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by shaybebaby(f): 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

I will reward myself with a ticket as soon as the work is done. smiley

Thank you. kisskiss
Oooo, can't wait to see the pics. Where do you fancy going?
We are thinking of heading east next time.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
shaybebaby:

Oooo, can't wait to see the pics. Where do you fancy going?
We are thinking of heading east next time.

There are so many places I would love to see. Jamaica is definitely one of them. smiley

The list is very long ... smiley
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

Nonsense! smiley

That's the point, she's a pseudo-feminist.. nothing this group does makes any sense tongue

Why else will a woman try to be equal in all respects to her husband, but still desire the special treatment from him if not confusion? gringrin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
crackhaus:

That's the point, she's a pseudo-feminist.. nothing this group does makes any sense tongue

Why else will a woman try to be equal in all respects to her husband, but still desire the special treatment from him if not confusion? gringrin

What special treatement?
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
bukatyne:

I read this all the time and maybe you will help me understand.

What does it mean?
A woman demands equality—equal pay, equal representation, equal access to education/politics, equal respect, and equal rights to do anything a man is able to do, because according to her there are no differences between males and females (none is above or below the other).

This woman described above should not expect to be given special treatment on account of her being a woman, simply because she is just as a man is— two opposing genders residing on the same level where none is superior or inferior to the other.

However, if such a woman still seeks to be pampered and treated with more respect and consideration solely on account of her feminity, then she has subconsciously implied that she is actually more fragile, more emotional, and more inferior.
This position negates her earlier claim that men and women should be treated to the same rules and standards.

I don't pamper my male friends, so why should a woman who TRULY believes in equality be pampered?
*Emphasis on truly* wink

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

What special treatement?

Expecting him NOT to give her the money as a loan, but as a gift. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
crackhaus:

Expecting him NOT to give her the money as a loan, but as a gift. grin

Oh well, these feminists have truly caught up with men who expect special treatement because the Bible says so. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
crackhaus:

A woman demands equality—equal pay, equal representation, equal access to education/politics, equal respect, and equal rights to do anything a man is able to do, because according to her there are no differences between males and females (none is above or below the other).

This woman described above should not expect to be given special treatment on account of her being a woman, simply because she is just as a man is— two opposing genders residing on the same level where none is superior or inferior to the other.

However, if such a woman still seeks to be pampered and treated with more respect and consideration solely on account of her feminity, then she has subconsciously implied that she is actually more fragile, more emotional, and more inferior.
This position negates her earlier claim that men and women should be treated to the same rules and standards.

I don't pamper my male friends, so why should a woman who TRULY believes in equality be pampered?

*Emphasis on truly* wink

And you don't wait for them to live up to your standards (if they make less) for you to consider them equally human. wink

You wouldn't question their right to vote or their children's access to eduaction based on how much they make.

But yeah, this thread goes to prove what I have known a long time ago, money is power. grin
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

And you don't wait for them to live up to your standards (if they make less) for you to consider them equally human. wink
I don't wait for women to live up to my standards before considering them human. undecided

You missed the point of that post it seems.
I dont pamper my male friends (well unless you call hanging out for drinks occasionally, pampering) and they just don't care about that shiit cos that's a man thing...and these are bloods I've known going on 12yrs.

Now don't buy any gifts or surprise some of you so-called feminists whom you've known for only just 1year, na to begin with sentimental feelings of being under-appreciated and 'he's stingy' becomes your next favourite thought. cheesy
Why? gringrin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

Oh well, these feminists have truly caught up with men who expect special treatement because the Bible says so. grin
Before you start your usual tactics of trying to deflect from the subject, let's be clear on one thing - do you by this submission agree that feminists still want special treatment? grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
crackhaus:

I don't wait for women to live up to my standards before considering them human. undecided

You missed the point of that post it seems.
I dont pamper my male friends (well unless you call hanging out for drinks occasionally, pampering) and they just don't care about that shiit cos that's a man thing...and these are bloods I've known going on 12yrs.

Now don't buy any gifts or surprise some of you so-called feminists whom you've known for only just 1year, na to begin with sentimental feelings of being under-appreciated and 'he's stingy' becomes your next favourite thought. cheesy
Why? gringrin

I am getting lost here.

Didn't she try to maintain a life standard she couldn't afford and split everything 50/50? Is this what being pampered looks like? undecided
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 18, 2016
crackhaus:

Before you start your usual tactics of trying to deflect from the subject, let's be clear on one thing - do you by this submission agree that feminists still want special treatment? grin

It's very much the same subject and goes to show that everyone wants special treatment. cheesy
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

I am getting lost here.

Didn't she try to maintain a life standard she couldn't afford and split everything 50/50? Is this what being pampered looks like? undecided
You're getting lost indeed.

She wasn't pampered, she wanted to be pampered.. get it?

The next day when I brought up what we might do about the car, he made it clear that I was on my own. The only thing I could afford was a cheap lease, so I told him that. He thought that was a financially unsound idea, and concluded that he wouldn’t mind loaning me the money to purchase a new car.

Loan? My husband is going to “loan” me money? Something felt wrong about the whole thing, but I took the loan, and bought a car, while our marriage continued to sputter.

Why should getting a loan from your husband in an equal partnership feel wrong? grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by crackhaus: 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

It's very much the same subject and goes to show that everyone wants special treatment. cheesy
So it's a YES to the question then. Wunderbar!

Just quit trying to land safely, that plane already lost power to both engines when you agreed. grin
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 19, 2016
crackhaus:

You're getting lost indeed.

She wasn't pampered, she wanted to be pampered.. get it?

Why should getting a loan from your husband in an equal partnership feel wrong? grin

Nothing wrong with it. I will remember this thread when some of you will claim that headship in a home has nothing to do with the amount of money the husband brings home. wink

I have no problem with it. grin Just stop quoting the Bible then. grin

Happy New Week! cheesy kiss
Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 19, 2016
crackhaus:

So it's a YES to the question then. Wunderbar!

Just quit trying to land safely, that plane already lost power to both engines when you agreed. grin

grin grin grin

Feminism is all about special treatment as opposed to the inferiority gospel that some of you want your sisters to buy into.

Now how we define special treatement may differ. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Foreign Husbands Wished Their Wives Knew by bukatyne(f): 7:33am On Sep 19, 2016
crackhaus:

*Emphasis on truly* wink

I am trying hard to understand this post

You must see a woman (especially yours i.e. wife/gf) as inferior before treating her well?

Does your woman have to see you as inferior before treating you right too?

What is your definition of treating well sef? Buying her gifts? Spending money? No respect of her feelings ? Opinions? Her personality?

Besides, if the women of yore felt pampered/specially respected, you wouldn't hear of feminism.

Again, do a poll and ask how many women (anti-feminists) who do not believe in your first paragraph, then this discussion will be sweeter.

I will pass on your 'special' treatment sha.

CBC: mindfulness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Tips For Blending Into A New Culture When You Relocate. / Things Every African Immigrant Can Relate To / My Wedding Is In A Week And I Have Pimples All Over My Face. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.