Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:02 PM

What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? (11882 Views)

20 Things To Know About The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge / Udi – 4 Corner Axis: Enugu State Government Cautions Road Users / "Xenophobia Is Happening In India. Nigerians Being Beaten" - Nigerian Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by jstemmanex(m): 5:53am On May 25, 2017
Please, what is the estimated drive time between Epe and Lekki
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by ifyalways(f): 5:20am On Jun 06, 2017
nasonaso:

Aunty ify, I saw a thread about job opening by you. Can I pm you please.
Just saw this now as my mentions tab seems not to be working. No, I have no job openings o.
Cheers
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by ifyalways(f): 5:34am On Jun 06, 2017
There are now potholes, I counted about three of them, at various spots by the foot of the new Ajah bridge. I will see if I can take pictures and as its raining now, it's going to grow bigger and from there, the cookie starts crumbling. . .

I also noticed something like pedestrian bar is springing up on the express. I saw it from ikota first gate to complex and then at Ilaje. If it's truly gonna be a pedestrian bar, I'm quite interested the alternatives for pedestrians especially at ikota first gates and shopping complex.

Eko oni baje
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by nasonaso: 9:05am On Jun 06, 2017
ifyalways:

Just saw this now as my mentions tab seems not to be working. No, I have no job openings o.
Cheers

Thank you aunty ify. Good morning
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by blank(f): 9:55am On Jun 06, 2017
Abeg, who witnessed the traffic caused by VGC flooding? My friends said they had to stay almost 2 hours before they could turn at VGC. The flooding is now a menace to the expressway. I doubt people could leave their houses neither could people go in.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by johnie: 1:32am On Jun 07, 2017
blank:
Abeg, who witnessed the traffic caused by VGC flooding? My friends said they had to stay almost 2 hours before they could turn at VGC. The flooding is now a menace to the expressway. I doubt people could leave their houses neither could people go in.

It was terrible!

Traffic backed up all the way from VGC through Ajah to the Ajah Police Station for vehicles coming from Abraham Adesanya.

Vehicles heading towards VGC in the opposite direction and those turning back towards VI formed about five lanes on the express.

Thankfully, they were orderly enough to leave a free lane for those heading towards Ajah.

The VGC flooding problem has been a cause of traffic jam at the VGC roundabout for years.

Something definitely has to be done about it now.

The number of vehicles coming in and out of VGC has also risen over the years. I guess the presence of establishments like Chrisland School has a part to play in this.

If we assume that only a few of the pupils ride the school bus then you can imagine how many cars go in and out of VGC in the morning between 7.30 and 8.00.

sad
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by johnie: 1:44am On Jun 07, 2017
ifyalways:
There are now potholes, I counted about three of them, at various spots by the foot of the new Ajah bridge. I will see if I can take pictures and as its raining now, it's going to grow bigger and from there, the cookie starts crumbling. . .

I also noticed something like pedestrian bar is springing up on the express. I saw it from ikota first gate to complex and then at Ilaje. If it's truly gonna be a pedestrian bar, I'm quite interested the alternatives for pedestrians especially at ikota first gates and shopping complex.

Eko oni baje

Quite right about the potholes. I noticed it shortly aftet the bridge was opened.

Looks like the portion where the 'old' road meets the 'new' was not properly done.

Like you noted, something must be done urgently or else a major bottleneck will be created there.

Already, it is creating some delay.

Are you referring to the pedestrian bridge at VGC junction?

They've been working on that for over two years now (like the onr at Ikota Primary School which yhey have resumed work on now).

I think what they are doing at Ilaje is to clear the rubble along the edges of the road so the buses can park (temporarily until the park at Ajah is ready).

Those buses constrict the road from just after the bridge up to Ilaje, creating a bottle neck there.

I must say that things have however improved after they began clearing the edges of the road and the police/LASTMA began keeping the buses from parking indiscriminately.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by johnie: 1:51am On Jun 07, 2017
ifyalways:
Omg, we need a pedestrian bridge at ikota asap.

Drove past a horrible, fatal accident some minutes ago @ ikota second gate. Saw a man's head crushed and buried under the tires of a suv. I'm shaking as I type this.

This life sef. . . cry

Edit : heard that about 10 people died this morning. And 2 died yesterday at mega chicken bus stop. sad

Sadly, I witnessed this accident too.

I saw the SUV zoom off as the victims lay on the floor.

Was not able to bring myself to comment on it before now.

Sorry if I am bringing back the memories but I just had to let that out to get some sort of closure.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by johnie: 1:53am On Jun 07, 2017
blank:
I can't believe that we are back to travel. This is just sad.

From the article, i can already see where will be prime property.

Do you mind sharing?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by nasonaso: 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2017
ifyalways:

Thanks. The sight yesterday was gory. I had to stop by at a friends place at Eleganza to get myself together for some minutes before continuing my Waka. May God protect us all.

Aunty ify i want to send you a pm. I want to inquire about something.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by ifyalways(f): 6:58am On Jul 25, 2017
nasonaso:

Aunty ify i want to send you a pm. I want to inquire about something.
I did actually replied you but my post was swallowed and hidden by aunty speeerm Nyash. angry
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by ifyalways(f): 7:04am On Jul 25, 2017
@Johnie,Naptu,everyone, what's going on?
The roads are all going Bad. Potholes and manholes everywhere. angry

Vgc traffic light(they just patched it, won't last more than 3 months)
After Chevron toll gate, heading to lekki(2 big holes)
Igbo Efon r/about (uncountable, totally bad)
Marwa alternative route side by pinnacle fuel station
Lekki r/about(hurriedly patched)
After Chisco r/about etc.

What's going on?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by naptu2: 7:24am On Jul 25, 2017
ifyalways:
@Johnie,Naptu,everyone, what's going on?
The roads are all going Bad. Potholes and manholes everywhere. angry

Vgc traffic light(they just patched it, won't last more than 3 months)
After Chevron toll gate, heading to lekki(2 big holes)
Igbo Efon r/about (uncountable, totally bad)
Marwa alternative route side by pinnacle fuel station
Lekki r/about(hurriedly patched)
After Chisco r/about etc.

What's going on?

Also on Ozumba Mbadiwe Road and the entrance to Lekki Phase 1.

LCC has been doing a terrible job lately. All the street lights and traffic lights from Law School to Lekki Phase 1 were off on Sunday night. It made driving very difficult, especially at the junctions on Ozumba Mbadiwe Road.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by blank(f): 11:35am On Jul 25, 2017
Lagos state has taken over LCC. They just retained the name. As with anything Govt, the maintenance culture is off. That's why it hurts so bad whenever I have to pay the toll.

The road is a nightmare. Why can't they do something of good quality? There was a Monday, maybe 2 or so weeks ago that it took over 3 hours to get from Chevron to the toll gate.

I haven't really passed the Ajah bridge since it was opened. How is the traffic in the mornings?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by icon8: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2017
blank:
Lagos state has taken over LCC. They just retained the name. As with anything Govt, the maintenance culture is off. That's why it hurts so bad whenever I have to pay the toll.

The road is a nightmare. Why can't they do something of good quality? There was a Monday, maybe 2 or so weeks ago that it took over 3 hours to get from Chevron to the toll gate.

I haven't really passed the Ajah bridge since it was opened. How is the traffic in the mornings?

Yesterday morning was horrible at the Admiralty Plaza.

It took about 20 minutes before I could cross the barrier, simply because the e-tag lane was not functional and everybody had to be either on the swift pass or cash lanes.

Suffering and smiling.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by nasonaso: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
ifyalways:

I did actually replied you but my post was swallowed and hidden by aunty speeerm Nyash. angry

AUNTYIFY ehhh. I am trying to imagine you when you when damn young, you would be so agile and wonderful cheesy but now that strengh must have reduced :Dthat's on a lighter note anyway. Hope you are doing well?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by laudate: 10:07am On Jul 26, 2017
blank:

Are you sure about this? When exactly did Lagos state take over LCC? I have a friend who works there and he said nothing like that happened....
I just believe the company has been infected with the poor maintenance culture we have in this country. Afterall, they make a lot of money from the toll gate, so what is their excuse?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by ifyalways(f): 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
laudate:

Are you sure about this? When exactly did Lagos state take over LCC? I have a friend who works there and he said nothing like that happened....
I just believe the company has been infected with the poor maintenance culture we have in this country. Afterall, they make a lot of money from the toll gate, so what is their excuse?
Lagos State have taken over LCC for real and for some time now. That was one of the many battles of Fashola V Tinubu.

LCC still manages the company though.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by ifyalways(f): 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
nasonaso:

AUNTYIFY ehhh. I am trying to imagine you when you when damn young, you would be so agile and wonderful cheesy but now that strengh must have reduced :Dthat's on a lighter note anyway. Hope you are doing well?
Yes we are fine.

Who said I'm not young anymore? wink sweet sixteen l'omo.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by ifyalways(f): 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
blank:

From vgc, it does appear to be traffic-free, workdays. However, on Saturdays which are days I normally drive to Ajah, it's a nightmare from ikota first gate or Vgc especially from 10am.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by megastu(m): 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
Our Gardener was a bit lucky. He escaped with a fractured leg.

johnie:

Sadly, I witnessed this accident too.

I saw the SUV zoom off as the victims lay on the floor.

Was not able to bring myself to comment on it before now.

Sorry if I am bringing back the memories but I just had to let that out to get some sort of closure.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by nasonaso: 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
ifyalways:

Yes we are fine.

Who said I'm not young anymore? wink sweet sixteen l'omo.

Aunty ify you ehh. Sweet sixteen kwa . I know you VERY young na mouth you de. You have slowed down, any way hope you are enjoying the everyday rain.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by johnie: 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2017
megastu:

I'm sorry to hear this.

I hope he is recovering well.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by blank(f): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2017
laudate:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/143629-lagos-terminates-concession-agreement-on-lekki-epe-expressway.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/lekki-epe-expressway-concession-buy-back-begging-posers/

1 Like

Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by blank(f): 11:15am On Jul 28, 2017
megastu:

Sorry about it. Hope he is better? God really saved him.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by blank(f): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
ifyalways:

From vgc, it does appear to be traffic-free, workdays. However, on Saturdays which are days I normally drive to Ajah, it's a nightmare from ikota first gate or Vgc especially from 10am.

I experienced it this weekend. Wish they could move those busses off the road. They even stop in the middle of the road! I just don't understand their mentality at all.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by ifyalways(f): 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
blank:

I experienced it this weekend. Wish they could move those busses off the road. They even stop in the middle of the road! I just don't understand their mentality at all.
Tell me about it. I have resolved, for my sanity,to stop driving myself whenever I have to use that Jubilee bridge .

Passengers hang at the foot of the bridge to the bus drivers/keke riders/unmarked taxis to even the BRT buses stopping and picking passengers anyhow at the center of the road. You go honk, shout, curse tire. Agbero,police and road safety dey one side dey collect egunje.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by johnie: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
Tag: ifyalways, blank, naptu2, megastu, icon8
, x2x, remii

What's your assessment of the impact on traffic of

1. the reconstruction of the roundabouts
2. opening of Freedom Way
3. opening of the Jubilee (Ajah) bridge
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by johnie: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
johnie:
Looks like work on the Lekki-Epe expressway is about to be extended to Eleko junction.

Took a drive beyond Abraham Adesanya recently.

Streetlights are being erected along the median.

I thought the median will be properly constructed with proper delineation of turning points.

undecided
johnie:
Looks like work on the Lekki-Epe expressway is about to be extended to Eleko junction.

I thought the median will be properly constructed with proper delineation of turning points.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis 4? by ifyalways(f): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
johnie:

undecided

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm out of town now but before I left, nothing much has changed.
I believe by now Chevron and Igbo Efon r/about works must have been completed undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) / Imo state: Beautiful Building Property For Sale - Pictures attached / 13 Buildings,16 Vehicles, 3 Filling Stations Lost To Onitsha Fire - NEMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.