Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes (18861 Views)

Affordable Made In USA Designer Perfumes Available (pictures) / Over 150 Exotic Range Of Perfumes @ Giveaway Prices / Interested In Buying Ladies Handbags, Perfumes And More? From Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by darne(m): 5:11am On Jun 03, 2009
Hottest Perfumes In Lagos,, Affordable Prices, Lasts Longer than Those Branded Ones, grin grin grin

Tulare Tulare Tulare From Kano cheesy cheesy cheesy,, per bottle 60 naira, and i lasts for 2 weeks on your clothes,, commonlly used by the Blind ppls, (bEggers),, cheesy cheesy grin

So i see no need for the hastle, wasting ur money on expensive perfs, angry, well for me Okin soad with a Kon Kon 10 naira will take care of it lol,, grin grin

No need to Brag about USING mont Blanc, START USING AWOLU PERFUMES TODAY (2weeks of Odour Garanteeeyd, cool
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by mbulela: 6:47am On Jun 03, 2009
$osisi, i expected more from you in particular.
this thread is for fun purposes. just read laff and move on.
the lies on this thread can reignite hell itself.
why bother??
how people boost their self esteem on the internet despspite the anonymity of the web beats me.
let them continue buying and spraying.maybe it will lift the world economy from its present recession.who knows
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by platinumnk(f): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2009
What is the point of this forum if everybody lies, or everybody point out that someone is lying?
The same one saying that ppl are trying to boost self esteem are the same very ones trying to tear others down for their own esteem.

I just dont get NL. I do not care if u buy ten million perfumes, or have 1 rubbing oil, it should not matter if they are saying the truth, why should it concern anyone. If everyone is claiming they dont take NL serious, then why all this negativity?

It wont make a differnce to my life if she buys 10 perfumes, and i buy one, I dont buy them for any one here, so why should i coment on others wondering if they lie or not?

If im not mistaken, the post says tell us ur kind of perfumes, not how much they cost or if its helping the economy or not,  not if im lyin or not, just what kinds.

And they say im bitchy to women.

who else is always throwin salt eh?
I hate that mentality, its absurd angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by sexibabes: 8:45am On Jun 03, 2009
juicy by juicy couture
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by russellino: 9:57am On Jun 03, 2009
"Grey Flannel" by geoffrey beene. a very woody, spicy and classy fragrance for us big boys cool
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by faramola: 10:00am On Jun 03, 2009
I LOVE MIXING PERFS, SO RIGHT NOW I USE ALL OF THIS
Deseo jLO
EUPHORIA CK
COOL WATER DAVIDOFF
DELICIOUS NIGHT DKNY

I CANT DO WITHOUT VERY IRRESISTABLE , GIVENCHY,
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by Motee(f): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2009
Sorry I have to divert from the topic a little bit.[/color]

It is neither strange nor wrong when you see people with 10 or more collections of perfume.  If you say we are addicted (better). The issue sometimes is that ‘OUR LIKES” are different.  A very close family of mine would rather buy a lace or an Ankara materials with shoes and it’s at least twice a month and they are not that cheap.  For me, I prefer to have at least 3 different perfumes every month than go for her taste ([color=#990000]despite the fact that I need all these collections of lace, Ankara and so on in my wardrobe especially if you are married
[i][/i]). It’s a matter of choice and taste a times and it’s got nothing to do with having enough money to even waste around.

More collections Please! Next
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by spikedcylinder: 10:22am On Jun 03, 2009
You people know that there are some real perfume freaks don't you? I can't say I used to be one but when I was in school and had nothing better to use my money for, I had up to 30 bottles at once. Most of them came as gifts while others were bought by me. Now that I'm older and wiser, I have about 4 or 5 bottles of my favourite fragrances and thats it for the rest of the year.

This thread almost made me buy one last night sef. embarassed cheesy

If someone comes on here to say she uses 200 perfumes at once, who's she hurting, really?
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by coffri(f): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2009
@ BenHeart
You can get some of these collections @ SHOPRITE in LEKKI and also t big Shops where they deals with "JUST PERFS" @ Lagos Market and also @ Allen Roundabout there is a Shop where imported and Designers Perfs re sold.

Just try those few places.
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by origina9ja(f): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2009
i would recommend Gucci for women and Paris Hilton or this cheap one lol
tommy girl but smells really nice tho
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by mafolayomi(f): 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2009
new musk wink
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by platinumnk(f): 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2009
The paris hilton perfume is my baby sisters signature perfume.
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by IyawoLagos(f): 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2009
Ive used several fragrances in my lifetime, and the best so far are:

Viktor & Rolf- Flowerbomb, its a lovely calm floral fragrance, classical and top notes of fresh summer.
Lancome- Hypnose, a hypnotizing, fresh and alluring fragrance.
Chanel- Coco Madamoiselle- My all time favourite- Classic, sensual, sexy and sweet.
Vera Wang- Princess, fun young fragrance, sexy spring fragrance with sweet notes.
Nina Ricci- Nina- Fruity, fresh and young.
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by platinumnk(f): 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2009
Every one is saying Very Irresistible by Givenchy. I think I might go into a store and try it today.

My mom was going to buy it on the Delta Airline flight on the way back from Nigeria, but the airline crew wouldnt open it for her to smell it, but since so many people like it, Ima try it!

I like the smell of Curve on men kiss kiss kiss

IyawoLagos:

Chanel- Coco Madamoiselle- My all time favourite- Classic, sensual, sexy and sweet.

I smelled that at the counter in May, I didnt much like any other ones than Chanel Chance. Its a shame that chanel NEVER goes on sale. undecided

Has any one used Juicy Couture, its so expensive and my friend gave her bottle for me to have but I think it honestly stinks. lipsrsealed lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed

here is what the bottle looks like:

Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by oludashmi(f): 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2009
Hi all,

I use Red Jean by Versace (Did i spell it weel, I hope so)
And it is good.
@kachiside
You are eventually spelling it wrong. wink

I use Body Fantasy-Vanilla Flavour, Amanda or Brut
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by platinumnk(f): 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2009
oludashmi:

You are eventually spelling it wrong.

I use Body Fantasy-Vanilla Flavour, Amanda or[b] Brut[/b]

my baby wears brut wink
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by platinumnk(f): 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2009
sexibabes:

juicy by juicy couture

u want my bottle ill send it to ya!
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by coffri(f): 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2009
@ Platinumnk
U can send it if u dont mind, ll LOVE that.
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by HC: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2009
Also looking for where to buy Spirit by Antonio Banderas - Eau De Toilette Spray for Men.
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by speeddater: 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2009
flower by kenzo.

I know its been bastardised but i love it all the same. it lasts for days and u get a suprise thrill when u are ironing your clothes even after they have beeen washed.
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by sosisi(f): 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2009
mbulela:

[b]$osisi, i expected more from you in particular.
this thread is for fun purposes. just read laff and move on.[/b]the lies on this thread can reignite hell itself.
why bother??
how people boost their self esteem on the internet despspite the anonymity of the web beats me.
let them continue buying and spraying.maybe it will lift the world economy from its present recession.who knows

follow your own advise
make your comments and move on and leave my name out of it
what do you expect from me
do I even know you?
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by bolu1(f): 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2009
I like the old perfumes, currently i have

Gucci rush by Gucci
Pleasures by Estee Lauder
Cashmere by Donna Karen
Miracle by Estee Lauder
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by tubabie(f): 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2009
mbulela:

$osisi, i expected more from you in particular.
this thread is for fun purposes. just read laff and move on.
the lies on this thread can reignite hell itself.
why bother??

$osisi:

follow your own advise
make your comments and move on and leave my name out of it
what do you expect from me
do I even know you?

This is the result of taking Nairaland Serious. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by platinumnk(f): 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2009
tubabie:

This is the result of taking Nairaland Serious. grin grin grin grin grin

RONFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by jediknight(m): 1:09am On Jun 04, 2009
I'm game with these few any-day

Armani Code
Dior Fahrenheit
Paul smith Men
Blvgari Blv
Armani Aqua di gio

and on em' pretty lasses

Thierry Mugler Angel
Channel No5
Davidoff Coolwater
Clinique Happy
Ralph Lauren Romance

I'm sure there are loads of fragrances out there I'm yet to discover and i'm pretty sure I'll totally fall in-love with some of them. Its all about the person wearing the fragrance and how u choose to wear it. Rmmbr "wear it don't let it wear u". For me it depends on my mood, the time of day and even the message I'm tryn to send across. I guess i like to tickle the pheromones and wouldn't mind being tickled myself. lol. And of course there is that perfume u love only for one reason; JUST BECAUSE IT REMINDS YOU OF HIM/HER; that nostalgic feeling that takes you back to a place or time u want to forget and don't want to forget!

Don't mind me folks, i'm just bored and yarning dust all about perfumes!

Fragrant thots Peeps!
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by mohawkchic(f): 3:50am On Jun 04, 2009
~Am Drawn to Scents that are

~Floral/Aquatic
~Friuty
~Warm Oriental
~Woody

~I always Opt for Buying Eau de Parfum instead of Eau de Toilet. . . Eau de parfum tends to lasts longer b/c there is 7-18% fragrance/perfume oils while Eau de toilette - Contains about 4-8% perfume oil. . . . .the amount varies w/ differnt perfumes tho. . . ."Layering" also helps w/ Long Lasting Lingering Smell ie using Body Lotion/Shower gel  that comes in Gift Sets!

~For All the Perfumes Lovers out there. . . When Buying/Testing Perfume,Do Not Rub Your Wrists Together after applying the fragrance! It may seem like the obvious thing to do but When you rub Your wrist together,You are changing the Aroma of the fragrance W/ Your Body Oils & whatever lotion/Cream you may have applied earlier on your skin! Its best to let the fragrance Air dry on whatever part of your skin you applied the tester!

~Oh BTW never buy a fragrance after smelling it on a blotted strip. . . .it never smells the same after an hour! Impulsive buying/Buying a fragrance just b/c you like the smell on someone doesnt mean its going to smell the same on you!! . . . . so if you really want to know what the fragrance smells like on your skin,Go In Sore . . .ASk for a tester you can try at home or Use the tester instore . . . Continue  w/ Your Browsing/Shoppin/Whatever. . .After browsing,window shopping & sniffing inbetween,my mind is usually made up if am going to get it or pass on it!

Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by chitexy2: 5:08am On Jun 04, 2009
this should not be 4 ladies alone. Is our forum. I am interested in this topic. What best perfume can a Man use? one love
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by platinumnk(f): 5:39am On Jun 04, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Floral/Aquatic
~Friuty
~Warm Oriental
~Woody

~I always Opt for Buying Eau de Parfum instead of Eau de Toilet. . . Eau de parfum tends to lasts longer b/c there is 7-18% fragrance/perfume oils while Eau de toilette - Contains about 4-8% perfume oil. . . . .the amount varies w/ differnt perfumes tho. . . ."Layering" also helps w/ Long Lasting Lingering Smell ie using Body Lotion/Shower gel that comes in Gift Sets!

~For All the Perfumes Lovers out there. . . When Buying/Testing Perfume,Do Not Rub Your Wrists Together after applying the fragrance! It may seem like the obvious thing to do but When you rub Your wrist together,You are changing the Aroma of the fragrance W/ Your Body Oils & whatever lotion/Cream you may have applied earlier on your skin! Its best to let the fragrance Air dry on whatever part of your skin you applied the tester!

~Oh BTW never buy a fragrance after smelling it on a blotted strip. . . .it never smells the same after an hour! Impulsive buying/Buying a fragrance just b/c you like the smell on someone doesnt mean its going to smell the same on you!! . . . . so if you really want to know what the fragrance smells like on your skin,Go In Sore . . .ASk for a tester you can try at home or Use the tester instore . . . Continue w/ Your Browsing/Shoppin/Whatever. . .After browsing,window shopping & sniffing inbetween,my mind is usually made up if am going to get it or pass on it!

im going to try this!
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by ifyalways(f): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2009
@Topic,Easy woman and Musk.
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by mohawkchic(f): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2009
platinumnk:

im going to try this!

~Kwel. . .!

"The reason for time-lapse after applying and before buying is very important. All perfumes have top, middle and bass notes. The top note in a perfume will last about 15 to 20 minutes. The middle note of a perfume will last up-to- an hour. And the bass note will last for hours. So a perfume might smell good to start with then not so good after 20 minutes, then smell just right after an hour. Never buy it on first smell always wait about an hour before deciding"

Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2009
I dnt stick with one perfume for too long, I love "change".

Of course, I prefer the ones that aren't too strong, fair to the nose, barely detectable, and lasts long.
Re: Tell Us Your Kind Of Perfumes by chiogo(f): 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2009
mohawkchic:

Really? LOL, I always rub my wrists together. Usually, I try to clean off the lotion on my hands before spraying. Well, now I know better.

@topic, I don't really use perfumes unless they come as gifts, whoo!! too expensive. so long as I smell good, I'm cool with that.

I love natural, fruity body spray/mist, Like the calgon collection - I love 'perfect bliss'
For fruity scents, I love strawberry.

For my birthday, my sister got me this perfume, Today. Tomorrow. Always. It smells nice too, kinda expensive, I wouldn't buy it with my money. lol.

And yes, Sarah Jessica Parker's 'covet' smells great, I got that for my mom on her birthday with the lotion and tiny body spray for travelling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Miss Nigeria: "We Did Not Invite Shatou Garko And Her Parents" - Kano Hisbah / Sole Distributor Of Organic 100% Herbal Skin Care Products! Make Your Own Creams / 2013 Miss Earth Nigeria Contestants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.