Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Jerry Springer Show on DSTV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jerry Springer Show on DSTV (6674 Views)

Big Brother Africa Stargame 2012: Live On DSTV Channel 198 Right Now!!! / Is That Jerry Springer Show Real Or Acting? / Jerry Springer Vs Maury!which Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by Greatpeter(m): 10:25pm On May 23, 2005
Let's Be Frank!
Wonders, they say, shall never end. Jerry Springer Show, show of American shame.

Friends! Have you ever watched Jerry Springer show? Where the crazy Americans say all manner of things censored notwithstanding. Exposing their God-given pride, both men and women?

If you have DSTV tune to channel 36 Mondays to Mridays in the morning, afternoon, and night. You will see this American show of shame demonstrating nudity.

Is this good for Africans? Do you subscribe to it? What's your view? Let's get to talk about this. cool
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by Seun(m): 10:42pm On May 23, 2005
I was not aware that there's a lot of nudity in the Jerry Springer show. Is it not rated 16?
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by Hunter(m): 10:48pm On May 23, 2005
We all know that TV ratings means nothing, I thought Jerrry Springer was censored over the nude bits with beeping on the swearing (we all know that it really doesn't stop you knowing what they said)

Jerry is funny for a laugh but not usually what you would call healthy viewing...
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by Allenpowered(m): 7:08am On May 24, 2005
I don't particularly subscribe to it, but man it sure keeps wondering how crazy we humans could get. it is not exactly healthy as Hidden hunter said. I won't allw my kid brothrs to watch if i had my way...If it offends your sensibilities[i] abeg[/i] switch to another station, because it looks like Jerry Springer would be here for a long time to come! tongue
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by legry(m): 3:07pm On May 24, 2005
Makes me know that my kids are not going to America for their education, kpam!!! angry angry
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by olaide07(f): 9:45am On Jun 01, 2005
Hidden_Hunter:

We all know that TV ratings means nothing, I thought Jerrry Springer was censored over the nude bits with beeping on the swearing (we all know that it really doesn't stop you knowing what they said)

Jerry is funny for a laugh but not usually what you would call healthy viewing...

Jerry springer is nothing but show of shame but sometimes you get your fun. It reveals the level of morals in american especially white.Abeg make you no marry white g
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by Chigszy(f): 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2005
That show is fun to watch but at times i have a feeling that everything the fights and "machoness" or what ever is is all rehearsed!!!
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by jogego(m): 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2005
Emmm!!! I think I heard/read somewhere that Jerry SPringer is all a big act? As in the guests are all actors?
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by hotangel2(f): 6:54am On Jun 22, 2005
Jeery springer is messed up. I don't watch it.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by angelak(f): 10:34am On Jul 07, 2005
jerry spinger show clearly shows that america is the seat of satan, where anything goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by sage(m): 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2005
America the seat of satan? . What is Nigeria then. The sit of God ba?. Nigeria is as evil as the U.S if not more. At least there r no ritual killings
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by vizion: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2005
well i think the show is an act sometimes but please if you watch it don't forget the word of advise he gives at the end the show, it's really great
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by Latoya(f): 3:32am On Jul 27, 2005
JERRY SPRINGER SUCKS....
All i have to say to him is this " JERRY PLZ GET A LIFE" smiley
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by nddy(m): 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2005
why ask him to get a life ? he already gat one. His show rocks, i love it. The guy is the best. If you havent watched his show why comment, this guy is good. The other dude Steve is fun. They both rock.

He is the 8th wonder of the world.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by vexxy(f): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2005
That show is definitely not real.  It used to be real, a very long time ago when it first started out.  Then, they saw that the more ridiculous it got, the higher the ratings.  That's when the show went off the deep end.

The show in no way, shape, or form represents America, just people wanting to make a quick buck exploiting themselves.  It's a real shame in the so called entertainment industry. cry

Also, I wouldn't say that the show itself shows that America in in the seat of Satan. There are shows broadcasted on tv in different parts of the world that are a lot worse. Canada, for instance, doesn't have that many censored things and even ruled homosexual marriage as legal where as America won't. Acts of Satan are every where in this world, he roams free here seeking whom he may devour.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by nddy(m): 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2005
please, what is the shame about it? The fact is that its hilarious and entertaining, nobody says it represents America. If thats the way you feel, tell me about the african documentaries they show naked people from Africa as if when you get to Africa thats the way it is everywhere.

Its no shame, gosh i see the reason why Big Brother Africa aint coming back for any more season. The same ancient and bac kward thinking still rules most of you. Gash we in a different world from our Ancestors
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by vexxy(f): 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2005
I have realized that, Nddy, that when they show documentaries of Africa they only show naked people running around.  I've had someone ask me if they drove cars in Africa because of this very same misrepresentation.

Truth be told, Jerry Springer is a joke that makes money off of exploiting people.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by nddy(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2005
jerry spinger show clearly shows that america is the seat of satan, where anything goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is Nigeria, Gosh please dont lets get started on Nigeria , Please there are some people in this forum who are americans . dont make such statement. That statement is too lame. What you see on tv is real but it doesnt represent the whole of America.

@vexxy look at this statement above mine then you know why i made the other one.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by vexxy(f): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2005
@ Nddy Thank you for that.

Jerry is ok for entertainment purposes only but to use that show to make a judgement on a country or on people in general is a mistake. We should take what we see on that show with a grain of salt.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by terry(m): 4:43am On Aug 18, 2005
aight
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by vexxy(f): 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2005
I've seen a couple of episodes of a Spanish version Jerry Springer. I don't know what they're saying half the time but it's serious stuff. They allow the woman to beat up on the guy for a while before they break it up.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by hotangel2(f): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2005
I always see the english version.

I love the beating part. You see chicken hands fighting. It's funny. But one thing i hate about jerry springer is that, he doesn't solve the family problems. He only bring them on TV to show their stupidity. Unlike Maury show and[i] Oprah.[/i]
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by vexxy(f): 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2005
Yes, you would think he would actually try to help them in some sort of way.  They could beat each other down at home, they don't need to come on tv to do that.

Another show that really deals with the healing process is Dr. Phil.  Have you seen that?  He's seems to be Oprah's best friend.  She always has him on her show.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by hotangel2(f): 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2005
Dr Phil is good. I used to watch it every night on UPN 21. Yeah oprah likes him. He helps people.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by vexxy(f): 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2005
I'm never home when it comes on so I catch updates on his website. Along with Oprah. The only thing I really catch on tv is the news and Jeopardy. I'm stuck in rush hour anytime before that.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by hotangel2(f): 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2005
You watch jeopardy?? Cool. I do too, sometime. The only news i watch are fake news. Like (comedy channel news and E news). Real news makes my stomach ache. cheesy
Do you watch E?
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by vexxy(f): 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2005
I catch E from time to time but I am a faithful watcher of Jeopardy. I don't know what it is about that show that makes me love it so much.

I check out E Online more than anything. I used to watch Talk Soup on that channel but I think they moved it to another network.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by hotangel2(f): 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2005
No the soup is still on E. they didn't move it. I take E everywhere i go (it's on my phone ). I love E, it's cool.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by vexxy(f): 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2005
But they did change the host of that show. It used to be a geeky looking guy who told jokes that were so bad you had to laugh. Maybe that's why they got a new guy.

What's the cost to get E on your phone? Does it matter who your service provider is?

I don't have anything on my phone but numbers.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by hotangel2(f): 7:43pm On Aug 18, 2005
Oh i dunno if they changed the guy but i know the one there presently is a good host.

The E thingy came with my phone, it's part of the application. Yeah you have to use Sprint to get the Phone.So i think it matters.
haha...u r funny, just numbers? Which phone do u use?
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by Guardian(m): 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2005
What's the fuse about Jerry Springer- The man is out there entertaining. It's SHOW BIZ for all the world cares.
Re: Jerry Springer Show on DSTV by vexxy(f): 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2005
You're right, guardian, it is entartainment. It just caught my attention when I thought people saw Jerry as a representation of people in america.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronke Apampa / **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** / Dominion: Fan Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.