Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,618 members, 7,801,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It (31062 Views)

Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder / Anthony Femi Joshua Retains IBF World Heavyweight Title / Tyson Fury Defeats Wladimir Klitschko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by dominique(f): 12:37pm On Dec 09, 2015

The Briton, 27, had to agree to fight the IBF's mandatory challenger Vyacheslav Glazkov but will instead face Wladimir Klitschko in a rematch.

Fury beat Ukrainian Klitschko on points on 28 November to claim three versions of the heavyweight crown.

Lindsey Tucker, championships chairman at the IBF, told BBC Sport: "It's true he's been stripped of his IBF belt."

He added: "Our challenger was Vyacheslav Glazkov, but instead Fury's gone and signed a rematch clause with Wladimir Klitschko."

Fury, who is unbeaten in 25 professional contests, retains the WBA and WBO versions of the heavyweight title, while the WBC belt is held by American Deontay Wilder.

The 31-year-old Glazkov, also a Ukrainian, has won 21 of his 22 professional fights.

The contract for last month's title fight in Dusseldorf included a clause for a rematch, for which the date and the venue have to be decided, and Klitschko - who had been world champion for 11 years - announced last week he would take up the option.

Fury has been at the centre of controversy following his comments about women and gay people.

The Manchester fighter has been quoted as saying a woman's "best place is on her back" and has criticised homosexuality and abortion.

He subsequently said: "Tyson Fury loves his fellow humans. He doesn't hate anybody."

Meanwhile, Greater Manchester Police are investigating an allegation of hate crime against Fury after a complaint was received following comments the fighter made on the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme.

BBC Sport
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
sad
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by dominique(f): 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
I'm yet to understand the criteria for taking one belt and leaving two. Perhaps the boxing gurus can shed more light.

3 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Hysmady(m): 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
He is bigger than that...Nam sayin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Holluwatarhyor(m): 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
Aye oni gba ire wa lowo wa o
Abeg who help me see my chicken,e dey on the run,xmas don dey show o

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Omololu007(m): 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
K
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Chanchit: 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
Wladimir should just let this guy go jare, what if he beats him again.
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Topstarr: 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
I don't understand

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
Stripped?
Why?
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
Please guys. I'm new here. How I go take comment?
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by macaranta(m): 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
Did he fight the wrong fight?

See signature..
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by kryz619(m): 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by cecs(m): 12:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
iyaaaaaaa re ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh re beaten to sure
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by kayjasper(f): 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
Very undetailed report.

No reason why the belt was taken from him

No reason why the other two remains.

No reason why he has to fight the other Ukrainian.

Wishy Washy Journalism from UK.

Guess no be only Naija get "endtime news reporters".

grin grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
End time fury

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by loomer: 12:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
That fight wey no sweet nai una dey think of rematch. I no go waste my time this time

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Iko5000: 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
It Seems you don't understand the reason . Read again.
kayjasper:
Very undetailed report.

Wishy Washy Journalism from UK.

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by TruthHurts1(m): 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
dominique:
I'm yet to understand the criteria for taking one belt and leaving two. Perhaps the boxing gurus can shed more light.
We have "boxing gurus"? Who dem be?
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by BUSHHUNTER: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
Its simple they stripped the belt off cos he is againt gay and abortion which the fuvking whites have always supported from the dark ages.

4 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
kayjasper:
Very undetailed report.

Wishy Washy Journalism from UK.u

grin grin
Hahahahahahahahahah,
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by TruthHurts1(m): 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
Aye oni gba ire wa lowo wa o
Abeg who help me see my chicken,e dey on the run,xmas don dey show o

E dey lie low for inside my kishin...
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ok. thank you
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by LORDDICE(m): 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
imih u din miss fp o
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Capnd143(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
this guy must really have a beat with wladimir to sacrifice his belts just to fight him
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by chibaik(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
The most important thing is that, that man Killishi or whatever he is called is no more the champ. Thank you the furious Fury.
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by saintandsinnerz: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
The Gypsy King will only fight Wladmir Klithscho in a rematch not a nobody. IBF can F*** off with their title. I really don't understand all these fuss around Fury. Is it because he is homophobic? Everybody in Britain are now demanding for his head just for speaking up against homosexuality, abortion and Peadophilia. From launching a petition against his nomination for the BBC SPOTY award to the Greater Manchester Police (GMP) investigating him for hate crime and exposing homosexuals to hate attacks as well as the media laying a siege in his house just because he had an opinion against what he saw as abnormalities. Really, it is now true that freedom of speech is just a ruse

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
LORDDICE:
imih u din miss fp o
?
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by opeyehmmy(m): 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
Am i here?
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by coolhamid(m): 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
Make this Guy just Beat Vladimir for me..
How can someone be a champion for good 11 years?

Vladimir is making boxing less interesting to me.

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by tbaba1234: 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2015
coolhamid:
Make this Guy just Beat Vladimir for me..
How can someone be a champion for good 11 years?

Vladimir is making boxing less interesting to me.

He already did that...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Barcelona 2-0 Espanyol: Lionel Messi Dribbles An Espanyol Player, Fans React / I Am Sad And Frustrated – Mikel Obi Reacts To His Absense From Nigeria Vs Serbia / Nine Reasons Why Man United Can Beat Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.