Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It (31063 Views)

Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder / Anthony Femi Joshua Retains IBF World Heavyweight Title / Tyson Fury Defeats Wladimir Klitschko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Drdonzeez(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
donbenie:
There're different Boxing Federations i.e WBO,WBC,IBF and WBA and he's holding on to 3 of them of which IBF has now stripped him of their own title for failing to defend it,note that the belts can be defended singly or combined as the case might be,he challenge Klitchko as the number one contender for the 3Belts combined which might as well have been for only one of the Belts..
How I wished I could get your phone number.
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by otokx(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
Its just politics
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by yommyuk: 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
iswallker:

lool.... grin

we said the same thing...

the rematch clause makes him fight Klitschko again, which of course is more lucrative....

however, there is a penalty for not fighting the ibf challenger...loss of the title..... grin grin

Agreed

I did not read the last part of your post. cool
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Akinlekan(m): 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
tbaba1234:

He already did that...
lol...he already did
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Hugoboi(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
mondob2k:

Those titles are for Heavyweight category. There are other weights category... Lightweight-That's where Mayweather belongs. There is also Featherweight.

May weather belongs to the Welterweight division
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by mondob2k(m): 11:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
rahazaqa:
ok thanks, and are you trying to say those in heavyweight are superior to those in lightweight? i mean those in heavyweight will beat those in light weight?

Hmmm... Yes. Boxers in Heavyweight Division have heavier weights and can easily defeat those in Lighter weight. But they can't fight. That's why they are placed in weight divisions
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by mondob2k(m): 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hugoboi:

May weather belongs to the Welterweight division

He belongs to like 5 weight divisions! Or should I say fought and held titles in 5 Weight Divisions? Super FeatherWeight, WelterWeight, LightWeight etc. In boxing u can move from one weight division to the other by adding or losing weights! Depending on what u want to achieve. That is why they do weighing in before d fight
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by mikolo80: 12:56am On Dec 10, 2015
Chanchit:
Wladimir should just let this guy go jare, what if he beats him again.
Then him eye go clear
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by mikolo80: 12:57am On Dec 10, 2015
Chanchit:
Wladimir should just let this guy go jare, what if he beats him again.
Then him eye go clear and there will be no dispute
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by tbaba1234: 1:59am On Dec 10, 2015
rahazaqa:
so is mayweather and the other guy that fought some months ago does not have any belt out of all these?

Mayweather fights in a different weight case. Fury fights with heavyweights.
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Sirbobowen(m): 2:30am On Dec 10, 2015
Lol
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by Billygee2u: 4:46am On Dec 10, 2015
kayjasper:
Very undetailed report.

No reason why the belt was taken from him

No reason why the other two remains.

No reason why he has to fight the other Ukrainian.

Wishy Washy Journalism from UK.

Guess no be only Naija get "endtime news reporters".

grin grin
Re: Tyson Fury Stripped Of IBF Title Less Than Two Weeks After Winning It by obontami: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
Infact i weak for those people

i think i want me some deontay wilder vs joshua fight
saintandsinnerz:
The Gypsy King will only fight Wladmir Klithscho in a rematch not a nobody. IBF can F*** off with their title. I really don't understand all these fuss around Fury. Is it because he is homophobic? Everybody in Britain are now demanding for his head just for speaking up against homosexuality, abortion and Peadophilia. From launching a petition against his nomination for the BBC SPOTY award to the Greater Manchester Police (GMP) investigating him for hate crime and exposing homosexuals to hate attacks as well as the media laying a siege in his house just because he had an opinion against what he saw as abnormalities. Really, it is now true that freedom of speech is just a ruse

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Has Now Scored 120 Career Penalties. / Barcelona 2-0 Espanyol: Lionel Messi Dribbles An Espanyol Player, Fans React / Guinea President Forgives Players For AFCON Exit, Demands Part Refund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.