Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:34 PM

A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State (5236 Views)

Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group / Top 10 Busiest Container Seaport In The World. / Photos From Dangote's 59th Birthday Party In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by mulattoclaro(m): 7:21am On Dec 10, 2015
The Gelegele seaport was approved by the Gej's administration but I'm still surprised that up till now that work is yet to commence. The project has been long overdue. The seaport will employ a lot of Edo indigenes if completed.

PMB should complete this project. The dredging of the port ought to have been concluded by now. The port will boost the IGR and also the economy of the country.

Cc: tonyebarcanista, enahi, martineverest, Goodboiyy, fineguy11, edcure, truckpusher, sandraokosun, spanishkid, freemanan etc. Let's do justice to this topic.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by ssoftappless(m): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2015
I wont be suprise to hear that GEJ approved the project but the money was kill and divided. "anyways now that pmb is here, those kill and divide politicians will be jailed.
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by obasiken: 7:26am On Dec 10, 2015
Seaport or jetty? This small river is where u want ships to sail and anchor?

4 Likes

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by mulattoclaro(m): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2015
obasiken:
Seaport or jetty? This small river is where u want ships to sail and anchor?
you're really a dunce. Have you been there? Do you know how large the area is? Stop saying nonsense if you know nothing.
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by chudionu58(f): 7:32am On Dec 10, 2015
mulattoclaro:
you're really a dunce. Have you been there? Do you know how large the area is? Stop saying nonsense if you know nothing.
Is on which river please.
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by HopeAtHand: 7:33am On Dec 10, 2015
Kikikikikiki.. grin grin grin grin grin

Seaport don suffer..if na this type, even the Igbos have Hope.

4 Likes

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by saintikechi(m): 7:40am On Dec 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Your ma ma

1 Like

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by jaymichael(m): 7:40am On Dec 10, 2015
This one wey resemble Igbologun jetty.
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by DahtzFestjayz: 8:03am On Dec 10, 2015
More Photos
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by pyyxxaro: 8:15am On Dec 10, 2015
This one nor be Seaport

This one na Riverport embarassed

4 Likes

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by cybertyrant(m): 8:19am On Dec 10, 2015
mulattoclaro:
The Gelegele seaport was approved by the Gej's administration but I'm still surprised that up till now that work is yet to commence. The project has been long overdue. The seaport will employ a lot of Edo indigenes if completed.

PMB should complete this project. The dredging of the port ought to have been concluded by now. The port will boost the IGR and also the economy of the country.

Cc: tonyebarcanista, enahi, martineverest, Goodboiyy, fineguy11, edcure, truckpusher, sandraokosun, spanishkid, freemanan etc. Let's do justice to this topic.
Finally u hav confess to be an edolite,no wonder u so obsessed with biafra and gear ur nigerdeta republic with ur co,now i knw ur region is landlocked and will spend their entire life with ur cousins the yorubas. haha

4 Likes

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by Keystonn: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2015
Is this one a sea or stream ?

Seaport ko . Streamport nii undecided

Edo state is landlocked #fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by madenigga(m): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2015
mulattoclaro:

lol... Landlockphobia.
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by PreyingMantis(m): 8:41am On Dec 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Mind yourself! Wetin concern Igbos with this foolishness and joke of a 'seaport' in the middle of nowhere?

By the way, is the ediot OP not one of your 'We South-South' people?
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by madenigga(m): 8:46am On Dec 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

lol... no wonder na Benin people dae shout southsouth pass, he who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones grin.

2 Likes

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:50am On Dec 10, 2015
This is fucking hilarious. Abeg this one na stream no be even river talkless of sea lol. Abeg provide link where jonathan approved the project
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by sunkida(m): 8:50am On Dec 10, 2015
;Domo see funny comments, dem get plans naa, leave den jawe make dem self get riverport naa
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by EdCure: 8:52am On Dec 10, 2015
A lot has been said about this Gelegele seaport with little work done. First time I'm seeing the site in pictures.

Well done mulattoclaro. You have the zeal of an Edo man.
Unfortunately this is not one of the projects citizens can undertake without govt commitment. But we shall get there some day.

1 Like

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by Keystonn: 8:58am On Dec 10, 2015
EdCure:
A lot has been said about this Gelegele seaport with little work done. First time I'm seeing the site in pictures.

Well done mulattoclaro. You have the zeal of an Edo man.
Unfortunately this is not one of the projects citizens can undertake without govt commitment. But we shall get there some day.
no matter the zeal .. U can't turn a stream to a sea.

Take heart bro ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by HopeAtHand: 9:00am On Dec 10, 2015
PreyingMantis:
Mind yourself! Wetin concern Igbos with this foolishness and joke of a 'seaport' in the middle of nowhere?

By the way, is the ediot OP not one of your 'We South-South' people?

If not for the sake of solidarity, most people of the SS have nothing in common either culturally or otherwise. from my posting on various threads, u'll observe my concern is Rivers and primarily Port Harcourt.

That small river cannot be made into a seaport, its a pity, but thats the reality of the situation.
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by babyfaceafrica: 9:10am On Dec 10, 2015
Lolz...Op...u try make I no diss u..its early.....no mind some people...some region no get this kain one at all..na sos so river full their erosion place

4 Likes

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by PreyingMantis(m): 9:13am On Dec 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:
If not for the sake of solidarity, most people of the SS have nothing in common either culturally or otherwise. from my posting on various threads, u'll observe my concern is Rivers and primarily Port Harcourt.

That small river cannot be made into a seaport, its a pity, but thats the reality of the situation.
Your South-South 'solidarity' most times have been misplaced. I have every reason to believe that the man in Ukwa, Aba or Umuahia is a much more closer neighbor/relative to you than the 'We South-South' man from Benin or even Calabar.

1 Like

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by mulattoclaro(m): 9:14am On Dec 10, 2015
Have you noticed it's those from that landlocked area of Biafra that are making the most noise? Edo seaport has been approved and work will commence soon. Go and die. Blame God for making your lands erosion ravaged. Edo has Gelegele, Ughoton and Agenebode areas with access to international waters.

2 Likes

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by HopeAtHand: 9:22am On Dec 10, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Have you noticed it's those from that landlocked area of Biafra that are making the most noise? Edo seaport has been approved and work will commence soon. Go and die. Blame God for making your lands erosion ravaged. Edo has Gelegele, Ughoton and Agenebode areas with access to international waters.

Show us map, i was of the opinion that Edo state is landlocked..no offense intended.
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by mulattoclaro(m): 9:32am On Dec 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Show us map, i was of the opinion that Edo state is landlocked..no offense intended.
Google it yourself.
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by fineguy11(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2015
madenigga:

lol... Landlockphobia.
i think its high time the south south governors come together to lay out a plan through which the various seaports in the south south region wld be developed with or without assist from the federal govt...the reason we dont have a viable seaport in the south south region is because the region is being ruled by men with no long term foresight...
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by dejavski(m): 10:19am On Dec 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

The area of obstruction between edo state and the Atlantic Ocean is the riverine communities in Ondo state
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by dejavski(m): 10:22am On Dec 10, 2015
mulattoclaro:

This place is close to my community in ilaje side
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by madenigga(m): 10:34am On Dec 10, 2015
mulattoclaro:
lol... u are free to dream. We would always help u wakeup, if d distance between Abia and sea is from Nigeria to America, d distance between Edo and Sea is from Nigeria to pluto grin.

1 Like

Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by madenigga(m): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2015
fineguy11:
i think its high time the south south governors come together to lay out a plan through which the various seaports in the south south region wld be developed with or without assist from the federal govt...the reason we dont have a viable seaport in the south south region is because the region is being ruled by men with no long term foresight...
lol... nobody is stopping Edo from developing its Dream Port grin... If they are banking on Rivers oil money for it they should keep dreaming, did Edo contribute 10naira to Making Rivers state what it is today?
Abeg let everybody go and develop there land.
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by HopeAtHand: 11:37am On Dec 10, 2015
madenigga:

lol... nobody is stopping Edo from developing its Dream Port grin... If they are banking on Rivers oil money for it they should keep dreaming, did Edo contribute 10naira to Making Rivers state what it is today?
Abeg let everybody go and develop there land.

bia enyi, ina achokwa nsogbu. grin grin..
Re: A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State by ExplorerReturns(m): 9:49am On Dec 23, 2015
dejavski:

This place is close to my community in ilaje side

since you are from that side,please, i want yo to help me answer this question. Are ilaje people yoruba or ijaws?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Paid $10 Daily Posting Comments on Blogs / Oil Palm Seedlings For Sale! / N150,000 Withdrawal Limit: Court Can’t Stop Me, Says Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.