Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval (5827 Views)

12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / You Can’t Probe How I Spent Bailout Funds, Fayose Tells Senate / EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by naijapips02: 10:36am On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Nwammadu grin

e Zukwala umu azi ihe ekeresimesi?
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

Apart from the extra budgetary expenditure on arms, even the budgeted funds have been traced to the accounts of Dokpesi for media political campaign.

Is that a supply of arms?
You have not been able to prove that!! Let's wait until Dasuki speaks in court. We have not heard from him in a while
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by theV0ice: 10:38am On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros what about the Governors of the northeastern states ravaged by boko haram are they part of those been investigated for the Dasuki arms procurement probe?

See how Buhari shared his own bailout 'loot' cheesy

Imo got bailout http://www.imostateblog.com/2015/08/28/imsg-sets-up-committee-to-administer-bailout-fund/

Ebonyi got bailout http://newmail-ng.com/use-bailout-fund-for-salaries-only-umahi-orders-lg-chiefs/

Abia got bailout http://dailytimes.com.ng/abia-govt-commences-distribution-bailout-fund/

Enugu got bailout http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/facts-about-enugu-state-n14-207-billion-bailout-funds/

Can you give me links that show how much Dasuki shared to the NE governors from his arms fund scandal?? cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by theV0ice: 10:41am On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Exactly my point!! Once Dasuki can prove the arms were actually procured,the case is dead on arrival!!!

I can see most of the people that were quoting law on that NOI thread have all disapeared!!! Bunch of nitwits!!

Exactly!!! the bold is what i'm after. Prove that the funds were used for arms purchase.

Though i wonder the type of guns and bombs that is known as 'media and publicity' which Dokpesi claimed his own part was for cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Abugab(m): 10:44am On Dec 10, 2015
Bail out funds for states that were crippled shouldn't be that much of an issue considering the exigencies of the time.
When I read diverted I thought it was for another thing.
Does this lawmaker prefer the masses in the various states suffer or wasn't it a good thing to have intervened with the funds to save Nigeria from the imminent collapse?

If we had enough in our reserves we wouldn't be in this mess but the past administration plundered our boom.

The utility principle should be our law makers guiding principle.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by theV0ice: 10:46am On Dec 10, 2015
Abugab:
Bail out funds for states that were crippled shouldn't be that much of an issue considering the exigencies of the time.
When I read diverted I thought it was for another thing.
Does this lawmaker prefer the masses in the various states suffer or wasn't it a good thing to have intervened with the funds to save Nigeria from the imminent collapse?

If we had enough in our reserves we wouldn't be in this mess but the past administration plundered our boom.

The utility principle should be our law makers guiding principle.

bro, you should understand.......a drowning man will clutch at anything resembling a rope.....even if it's a serpent cheesy

Na proverb i learnt on NL grin

8 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Abugab(m): 10:47am On Dec 10, 2015
theV0ice:

bro, you should understand.......a drowning man will clutch at anything resembling a rope.....even if it's a serpent cheesy

Na proverb i learnt on NL grin

You are so so right

5 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by LadyExcellency: 10:48am On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

Apart from the extra budgetary expenditure on arms, even the budgeted funds have been traced to the accounts of Dokpesi for media political campaign.

Is that a supply of arms?

In Nigeria, things are not yet normal. This goes with previous and present Heads of States and President though it is quite regrettable.

In our clime, the question and answer is basically who gave the order and the final approval. Was it endorsed by the President? If yes that settles it.

Recently, President Buhari approved an exchange rate of N160 to $1 for christian pilgrimages to Jerusalem when the actual exchange rate is N195. Is PMB right to act in that direction against the extent laws of the Federation. Hell No but as our President, no qualms.
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by theV0ice: 10:50am On Dec 10, 2015
LadyExcellency:

In Nigeria, things are not yet normal. This goes with previous and present Heads of States and President though it is quite regrettable.

In our clime, the question and answer is basically who gave the order and the final approval. Was it endorsed by the President? If yes that settles it.

Recently, President Buhari approved an exchange rate of N160 to $1 for christian pilgrimages to Jerusalem when the actual exchange rate is N195. Is PMB right to act in that direction against the extent laws of the Federation. Hell No but as our President, no qualms.

You're wrong.....

the more important question is ''was the money used for what Dasuki claimed he wanted it for''?

If PMB approved N160/$ for christian pilgrimage and boutique owners benefit from it to import clothes, then that is fraud and it's a crime.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by SUBWAY101(m): 10:54am On Dec 10, 2015
theV0ice:

See how Buhari shared his own bailout 'loot' cheesy

Imo got bailout http://www.imostateblog.com/2015/08/28/imsg-sets-up-committee-to-administer-bailout-fund/

Ebonyi got bailout http://newmail-ng.com/use-bailout-fund-for-salaries-only-umahi-orders-lg-chiefs/

Abia got bailout http://dailytimes.com.ng/abia-govt-commences-distribution-bailout-fund/

Enugu got bailout http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/facts-about-enugu-state-n14-207-billion-bailout-funds/

Can you give me links that show how much Dasuki shared to the NE governors from his arms fund scandal?? cheesy

But some people on nairaland pretends like there region got nothing from the bail out fund. Smh

8 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by theV0ice: 10:56am On Dec 10, 2015
SUBWAY101:

But some people on nairaland pretends like there region got nothing from the bail out fund. Smh

You know self delusion can be addictive wink

6 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by LadyExcellency: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2015
theV0ice:

You're wrong.....

the question is ''was the money used for what Dasuki claimed he wanted it for''?

You quoted me out of context. My previous comment made mention of your submission because I added "if it can be proved that the goods (arms delivery) or services (national media orientation publicity) were actually delivered though not statutorily approved or budgeted for by relevant organs of the government required by law but were endorsed by the President.
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by theV0ice: 10:58am On Dec 10, 2015
LadyExcellency:

You quoted me out of context. My previous comment made mention of your submission because I added "if it can be proved that the goods (arms delivery) or services (national media orientation publicity) were actually delivered though not statutorily approved or budgeted for by relevant organs of the government required by law but were endorsed by the President.

Ok comrade. we're cool wink
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by jmaine: 11:01am On Dec 10, 2015
APC supporters are failing to see the hypocrisy the OP is drawing at.

If you slated GEJ and NOI on the referenced thread below, please do the honorable thing and shut the hell up.

https://www.nairaland.com/2791572/allegations-illegal-diversion-abachas-loot

Chukwudi44, nice one for exposing the needless hypocrisy of this admin.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by StOla: 11:04am On Dec 10, 2015
LadyExcellency:

The exchange rate reduction is a subsidy.

That still doesn't explain why funds budgeted to be spent on arms by the office of the NSA should end up in the account of a media man doing a job for the president and his party.

Yet soldiers fled the war front into Cameroon, on account of being poorly equipped.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by StOla: 11:06am On Dec 10, 2015
theV0ice:

You're wrong.....

the more important question is ''was the money used for what Dasuki claimed he wanted it for''?

If PMB approved N160/$ for christian pilgrimage and boutique owners benefit from it to import clothes, then that is fraud and it's a crime.

CC: LadyExcellency

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by StOla: 11:09am On Dec 10, 2015
theV0ice:

Exactly!!! the bold is what i'm after. Prove that the funds were used for arms purchase.

Though i wonder the type of guns and bombs that is known as 'media and publicity' which Dokpesi claimed his own part was for cheesy

LOL!

Even spiritual warfare had its own share of our defence budget.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by docadams: 11:11am On Dec 10, 2015
9jatriot:
Can't you guys allow the guy enjoy some moments of fame, even if it is an insanity fame? Y burst him so early?

Nope.
Chukwudi is abaobaku to anybody evil.
He is infectious like Ebola. Newbies here need information to guide them.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by LadyExcellency: 11:26am On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

The exchange rate reduction is a subsidy.

That still doesn't explain why funds budgeted to be spent on arms by the office of the NSA should end up in the account of a media man doing a job for the president and his party.

Yet soldiers fled the war front into Cameroon, on account of being poorly equipped.

The problem we have in Nigeria is one sided defense of our man against theirs.

You have no details of what you want to spin into political debate hence swerve.

Do you know the level of sympathy Bokoharam had among the military? Have you thought of the betrayals and sabotages in the ranks and files of infantry battalions and some top military brass during the start of the war against Bokoharam?

Can you recall that El'rufai and Buhari including Obama and Mrs Clinton were sympathetic to the course of Boko boys when they inferred that poverty was the root cause of the insurgency hence maximum force should be out of the rules of engagement.

The main point of my debate is the abnormal presidential powers Nigeria Presidents wield which are "technical" legal but ought not to be and more also how it continues unabated and is still prevalent in the present government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by StOla: 11:30am On Dec 10, 2015
LadyExcellency:

The problem we have in Nigeria is one sided defense of our man against theirs.

You have no details of what you want to spin into political debate hence swerve.

Do you know the level of sympathy Bokoharam had among the military? Have you thought of the betrayals and sabotages in the ranks and files of infantry battalions and some top military brass during the start of the war against Bokoharam?

Can you recall that El'rufai and Buhari including Obama and Mrs Clinton were sympathetic to their course of Boko boys when they inferred that poverty was the root cause of the insurgency hence maximum force should be out of the rules of engagement.

The main point of my debate is the abnormal presidential powers Nigeria Presidents wields which are "technical" legal but ought not to and it continues unabated and is till prevalent in the present government.

What has all the emotional talk above got to do with the fact that both budgetary and extra budgetary spending was done with defence funds that ended up in the account of a political campaigner?

While bailout funds that were sourced without need for a budgetary approval was duly shared to all states of the federation in agreement with the respective governors?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

What has all the emotional talk above got to do with the fact that both budgetary and extra budgetary spending was done with defence funds that ended up in the account of a political campaigner?

While bailout funds that were sourced without need for a budgetary approval was duly shared to all states of the federation in agreement with the respective governors?
You have been able to prove that!!
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 10, 2015
BTW Which mod changed my headlines
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by StOla: 11:41am On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

You have been able to prove that!!

Even the accused high thief and his company and son have admitted to collecting money from the NSA.

Sadly, they seem to believe that since they did their media job, the funds of the NSA have been spent as appropriated for the arms it was budgeted and sourced for.

A typical case of being too corrupt to realise the inherent crime in their act.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by StOla: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:
BTW Which mod changed my headlines

The mod who realised you're a mischievous and worthless promoter of corruption and anarchy

You should be happy you were not banned for the rest of the year.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

Even the accused high thief and his company and son have admitted to collecting money from the NSA.

Sadly, they seem to believe that since they did their media job, the funds of the NSA have been spent as appropriated for the arms it was budgeted and sourced for.

A typical case of being too corrupt to realise the inherent crime in their act.
They collected money from a PDP Chieftain for PDP campaign. I am also not ruling out any official PR by the NSA through AIT
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by LadyExcellency: 11:50am On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

For goodness sake media and national orientation is part of conventional/unconventional warfare and it costs money.

APC as a political party assumed the mouthpiece of the bokoharam through their continuous campaign of calumny against the military and the government using the online and print media sympathetic to their political target as to grab power.
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

The mod who realised you're a mischievous and worthless promoter of corruption and anarchy

You should be happy you were not banned for the rest of the year.
Well I have restored the original headline in line with the message this thread was created to pass.That is that Buhari approved the disbursement of N700billion as bailout to states without recourse to the NASS
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by MizMyColi(f): 11:59am On Dec 10, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by StOla: 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
LadyExcellency:

For goodness sake media and national orientation is part of conventional/unconventional warfare and it costs money hence APC as a political party assumed the mouthpiece of the bokoharam through their continuous campaign of calumny against the military and the government using the online and print media sympathetic to their political target which is to grab power.

I'm happy you've clearly defined your position, hence your ambiguity in calling out a crime for what it is.

So the national orientation about the road construction or power generation status of the country, coupled with the propaganda in support of the PDP while maligning the APC as a party and it's prominent members, is judicious use of defence funds?

Now that the PDP is highlighting the failures of the military in concluding the victory over boko haram, I reckon that has also made the PDP the mouthpiece of boko haram?

Who spent defence funds meant for weapons on political campaigns? Was it PDP or APC?

If the above submission is your defence in court, then Dokpesi and Dasuki would have a long career in jail as the entertainers, D square.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

babe where have you been grin grin grin grin.I just had to expose their hypocrisy
Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by StOla: 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Well I have restored the original headline in line with the message this thread was created to pass.That is that Buhari approved the disbursement of N700billion as bailout to states without recourse to the NASS

Did the previous special funds shared between states and federal government as already admitted by the stakeholders, require a budget?

Does it mean Jonathan and Okonjo-Iweala are expert "diversionist" to have perpetrated such too?

What about the illegal funds withdrawn by Okonjo-Iweala on the premise that Jonathan gave a verbal approval, when even the state governors declined to give approval, yet she went ahead in clear disregard for the rules that govern the said funds?

What has the court said regarding this stale case before it that you are wailing about?

1 Like

Re: Buhari diverted N700billion to bailout funds without NASS approval by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
What about the illegal funds withdrawn by Okonjo-Iweala on the premise that Jonathan gave a verbal approval, when even the state governors declined to give approval, yet she went ahead in clear disregard for the rules that govern the said funds

can you substantiate this claim please cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Adoring Bridge A Village In Anambra Contributed Money For / Sanwo-olu To Unveil Administrative Master Plan For Lagos Today / Breaking: Imo People Molds Okorocha Statue As A Pay-BacK For All His Good Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.